Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

(SPOILERS) Chains of Domination final chapter cut-scene

Thoughts?

Personally I'm disapointed the final chapter got a cut-scene and not a proper cinematic. It's 2021, the cut-scenes in WoW engine, not matter how much sugared up, look ridiculously bad.

The content of it though? What purpose does this one serve? Showing Anduin has glimpses of his sadness? If anything, it doesn't answer any questions, but add a couple more.

8 months for this. And who knows how many months until the story moves forward (to another cliffhanger I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Thoughts?

Personally I'm disapointed the final chapter got a cut-scene and not a proper cinematic. It's 2021, the cut-scenes in WoW engine, not matter how much sugared up, look ridiculously bad..

The ingame cut-scenes do not look 'ridiculously bad'. This looks fine. Expecting a proper cinematic all the time is a bit unrealisitic.

The MAIN purpose of this cutscene is to explain why Sylvanas 'suddenly came to' and betrayed the Jailer during the raid cutscene.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2021-08-10 at 05:12 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, he is still there bound to the Jailer's will. But still somehow conscious! This is upsetting. To be honest Dreadlords took 4 years of my efforts so I don't know if this hopeless plot doesn't change, I'm not going to even blink!
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-08-10 at 05:04 PM.

This one is animated and lip-synced better than all of them tbh.

A shame it wasn't a full cinematic, but at least you can see they genuinely tried with this.

I had my doubts about whether or not the sacrifices Sylvanas made have been worth it. But it turns out they were. She said so herself.

KEK . Ok then , Sylvanas is definitely good. Someone warn the night elves vengeance has been achieved we can all go back to azeroth and be friends again

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good to me and it shows that Anduin saw his future and knew he had no way to stop it. You can see the boulder rolling towards you but have no way to escape, you can only wallow in your misery and wait for the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    KEK . Ok then , Sylvanas is definitely good. Someone warn the night elves vengeance has been achieved we can all go back to azeroth and be friends again
    don't forget Shadowlands is free.

just another garbage.

let it die already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Is this an actual anime?

"My friends will remember me yada yada yada"

> Shows Thrall

So Anduin sees Thrall as a friend, nice. Or at least the writers think Thrall is a friend of Anduin.

Oh my God this is so cringe, I never thought I'd say this but I hope Turalyon goes crazy and nukes Orgrimmar with the Vindicaar. Someone needs to remind these nerds what the franchise is called.

Well, think of that time when Thrall and Anduin...uhm, when they... when... Anduin, and...

So...Anduin is Blizzard and the Jailer is Activision? ANYWAY, jokes aside, poor Anduin. Made into a meat puppet and being hollowed out from the inside one MC at a time.

Sylvannas: "Let me explain why I'm doing this-"
    Anduin: "NO WAIT! ... until next patch."

Top Blizzard Writing.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Thoughts?

Personally I'm disapointed the final chapter got a cut-scene and not a proper cinematic. It's 2021, the cut-scenes in WoW engine, not matter how much sugared up, look ridiculously bad.

The content of it though? What purpose does this one serve? Showing Anduin has glimpses of his sadness? If anything, it doesn't answer any questions, but add a couple more.

8 months for this. And who knows how many months until the story moves forward (to another cliffhanger I guess).
    I agree with you that their in-game cutscenes are pretty bad, but this one was decent.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love how everyone points out obvious shit to Sylvanas and she still is like "BUT I HAVE PLANS"
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

You wanna know how such an ingame cinematic comes to light?

Here is how:

Imagine this conversation between Blizzard CEO JAB, Bobby Kottick, Danuser and Ion Hazzikostas:

Q: How do we stretch a lousy xpac through 3 major patches, story wise?
    A: We swing from cliffhanger to cliffhanger, like Tarzan.
    Q: Investment?
    A: Cheap!
    Perfect! Make it so!

PS: When you look at the quality of WoW and other Blizz games these days, you understand that above meeting was declared as a whole work day. After such a hard and long meeting, they mostly gonna drink some whisky and play golf, to relax from all that hard work.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-08-10 at 05:47 PM.

Well, that is the end of Anduin then. We get to kill him and Sylvanas will live, just have to wait for her sisters to fuck things up while rescuing her. Because Fast and Furious family meme.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Well, that is the end of Anduin then. We get to kill him and Sylvanas will live, just have to wait for her sisters to fuck things up while rescuing her. Because Fast and Furious family meme.
    Dont forget that great Anduin recovery plan they will unfold, to keep that „old Anduin in the future“ stuff true (was in Legion iirc). if you think the Sulvunas story was crap, wait what they come up with next. Blizzard for president. Never thought i will ever say that, but even Trump could do better.

The lip sync and gesticulation isn't shit. Miracles do happen. The content is about what you can expect. Anyone who thinks Anduin will die as a result should know I have some beach side property in Arkansas I'm dying to sell for a pittance.

I like how out of place Thrall is in this cutscene or how Jaina tries to flee the cutscene. The postmodern version from the PTR where they were staring mutely over an untextured box had this sort of Lynchian mystery to it. I miss it.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-08-10 at 05:54 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Thank the gods my sub ran out yesterday.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pretty decent, I hope we get more stuff on Arthas tbh.

Inb4 this thread becomes full of female anime avatars telling everyone how bad the writing in WoW is