Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A 12 hour ban? That's not a punishment at all. That only serves to make her a victim in the eyes of her followers, garnering her more support for more stupid bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    I thought by now everyone was supposed to be part of the hive mind. Chipped and ready to serve our communist globalist masters intent on destroying America via 5G.
    I mean, am I typing this cause I want to or is gates making me?

We'll never know.
    Come on now, don't be so ridiculous.

Gates is clearly waiting until the vaccination rate reaches 70% to turn the chips on.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    A 12 hour ban? That's not a punishment at all. That only serves to make her a victim in the eyes of her followers, garnering her more support for more stupid bullshit.
    I’m somewhat certain that this temporary censorship will lead to her following the conservative mantra of “double down on the bullshit” which will then result in steeper and steeper timebans.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-08-02 at 02:19 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Related:
    Pretty sure the world called this one.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ia-isis-502078

She should go there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Pretty sure the world called this one.
    Surely the platform that prides itself on never banning anything will be okay with a meme of Trump in a Guantanamo orange jumpsuit being executed. Unrelated: where do I file a GETTR First Amendment complaint? I mean, if social media deletes something, that's a First Amendment violation, right?

I hadn't thought of that before.

Didn't Kathy Griffin get in trouble for that Trump beheading pic thing she did?
    Yet it's the very thing they are "fighting" for now and have on this platform. (this time real beheadings)

Also my aunt is one of those people that claim Facebook is a right and yes any ban there or anything is infringing her rights.
    It's a weird thing when people don't know the meaning of the words they use and don't understand basic concepts we have laid out in writing.
    Like communist. It irks me how much they use this.
    They need educating.

Or just the hypocrisy of it all.

"we hate cancel culture!".... "oh wait you're not going to tow the party line? cancel the rino's!"

Trump now threatens to primary anyone who won't fall in line;
    Meanwhile claiming his free speech has been taken away whilst simultaneously having said free speech to spout absurd claims of stolen elections on his blog, on newsmax, on fox etc etc etc

It's all the same behavior.
    There was that commercial in the 80's and 90's about drugs where the kid yells in the end:
    "I learned it from watching you dad!"
    That.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Only somewhat.

They only get elected because their base are vindictive, abusive extremists. While Trump himself may fall out of favor, that base isn't going to get less nasty, they're just going to find a new champion. Possibly one not as criminally fucking stupid as Trump, either.

They're proto-Nazis looking for their Hitler. Basically.
    Let's pray they don't find a proto-Nazi smarter than Trump. We were somewhat lucky we got Trump. He was an idiot but was still trying to wrest power alone for himself. He failed, but only due to how stupid and incompetent he is and how vigilant much of the rest of our government is.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Let's pray they don't find a proto-Nazi smarter than Trump. We were somewhat lucky we got Trump. He was an idiot but was still trying to wrest power alone for himself. He failed, but only due to how stupid and incompetent he is and how vigilant much of the rest of our government is.
    Republicans and the Federalist Society got all they needed out of Trump. This Supreme Court didn't take up his case, but they may very well just for a smart, disciplined, white nationalist Christianist fascist. (I know it's a lot of ist words, but they all go together.)
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Orwell was right all along.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure this time will be different, and she will learn her lesson.

Just kick her out, already.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Oh please. Spare us the doomsaying.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

There's nothing "orwellian" about getting a suspension from a social media company for breaking the rules. Just like it's not Orwellian if you get kicked out of Safeway for not wearing pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    There's nothing "orwellian" about getting a suspension from a social media company for breaking the rules.
    That's the joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    That's the joke.
    ...aren't jokes supposed to be funny?
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    There's nothing "orwellian" about getting a suspension from a social media company for breaking the rules. Just like it's not Orwellian if you get kicked out of Safeway for not wearing pants.
    I always trust my conservative cartoonists.

How is a company refusing to do business with a lying fascist an example that Orwell was right?

10+ Year Old Account
    These Trump cultist are just so fucking stupid. I am really getting to my limit here with some that I know in the workplace. If you believe in lies and spread lies, it is safe to assume you can't do your job honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    How is a company refusing to do business with a lying fascist an example that Orwell was right?
    1984 is everywhere.

1984 is everywhere.
    That doesn't answer the question. You specifically chose to compare a company not wanting to do business with a lying fascist... and link it to Orwell.

Man, you Trumpsters are getting a bit absurd with this nonsense.