The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Predictable or not, Jailers motivation is at least logical. He thinks he was wronged, so he gets even, and more. So much better than what we had during Teldrassil burning.
    Yeah I do have to admit the Jailer at least makes logical sense.

So naturally instead of him being front and center we've had the dumpster fire that is Sylvanas shoved down our throat for 3 expansions.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Shadowlands does have a lot of good to it, it's just very confused a lot of the time and the whole BFA/Sylvanas baggage only makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah I do have to admit the Jailer at least makes logical sense.

So naturally instead of him being front and center we've had the dumpster fire that is Sylvanas shoved down our throat for 3 expansions.
    Probably because they rightfully believe that players won’t care about a new lore character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Shadowlands does have a lot of good to it, it's just very confused a lot of the time and the whole BFA/Sylvanas baggage only makes it worse.
    It’s fine for what it is, but it’s not enough of an expansion to get back the people mad about BFA. Too small and not ambitious enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    It’s fine for what it is, but it’s not enough of an expansion to get back the people mad about BFA.
    Definitely. I wish we just went from Legion into Shadowlands, BFA was a mess of unnecessary and bad lore (excluding the continent flavor, the questing was good).

Yeah there's a fair amount of Shadowlands I like. A good amount of new characters and if nothing else, this is the expansion that finally gave me my dream mount, a moth. I've wanted that since TBC. For that alone I'm honestly happy.

Also I actually do like in the summary the mention that Bolvar is imprisoning Sylvanas. I'm not too hopeful but it is something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Bleh. "his decisions are not your burden to bear," my ass.
    He is right if he feels sorry for garrosh. He didn't ruin him, he ruined himself. The people that garrosh wronged though, that's another question I feel. I'd give him partial blame for that, especially after Wrath, where it was clear that Garrosh was not leader material.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I have the seemingly unpopular opinion of enjoying the world building in Shadowlands, I like the system of death and have been warming up to the idea of Zovaal being the first Arbiter. It's not bad lore, it just has a painful amount of issues, the farther we get from BFA the better the lore will get.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has a few nuggets of good storytelling that, if their writers are properly fostered and promoted, could lead to good writing in the future.

But yeah it has a lot of plot threads it just ejects out the air lock, a lot of times it just straight up contradicts itself, a largely boring and irrelevant cast, and carries all the Sylvanas baggage proudly.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Definitely. I wish we just went from Legion into Shadowlands, BFA was a mess of unnecessary and bad lore (excluding the continent flavor, the questing was good).
    BFA was necessary for SL plot and likely needed for 10.0 (neutrality, new cities, no more war chief, no more Sylvanas etc) but the damage it did in the short term isn’t worth long term plans.

What good is a new Nelf city if fans aren’t around to see it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Interesting

LOL, this is a direct response to the Sylvanas thing. So her soul gem isn’t Good Sylvanas.

I still think you could get to Shadowlands without BFA. Sylvanas made a deal with Helya, after the war was won on Argus, she could have taken a trip to Icecrown while all the leaders were scrambling about Azerite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Interesting

Hm.

Feels like them trying to adjust for the Sylvanas reaction.

Between the confirmation we aren't getting a dumb "Sylvanas/Anduin coup on the Jailer" subplot and the name of the First One realm/outright confirmation that Jailer = Arbiter 1, I'm pretty satisfied. Mal'ganis is a nice touch as is all the characters meeting up like Jaina and Uther.
    Your bar for the second part is rather low. The hole in both their chests was such a big red warning sign, there was never even a shred of doubt ... The funny part is more that Zovaal's sigil has a distinct shape and leaves gimp body mod on him, wheres the other 4 are just ephermeral symbols that you can suck out of them. Somehow it feels like he is on an entirely different level (or they just cheaped out production wise) when it comes relevancy.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

So, this really is it?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So, this really is it?
    Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed, but at least we have some stuff confirmed, like the Jailer = Arbiter and Zereth Mortis name.

I'm wondering if we will get a full CGI cinematic of the Jailer getting dethroned and shoved into the Maw. I'm still holding out hope they wouldn't make CGI cinematic 3d models of all the covenant leaders for nothing.
    Somehow I want to see the 4 gang up on him, and turn him into the gimp/slave he is by carving that orb out of him. That would actually make me somewhat sympathetic towards him, like Gul'dan, who also had me cheer for him burning down his asshat village .

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Somehow I want to see the 4 gang up on him, and turn him into the gimp/slave he is by carving that orb out of him. That would actually make me somewhat sympathetic towards him, like Gul'dan, who also had me cheer for him burning down his asshat village .
    Yeah, would be cool to see the Primus carve the runes onto his flesh in full CGI. They have the means to make the Jailer even more badass by making his backstory cool, let's hope they do it.

I didn’t notice the first time but there is a legitimate reason for the break between patches: reforging the Arbiter/Oribos key. So they will have to make a replacement replacement.
    Not really, we will be part of forging that sigil in the quest content of the next patch. How that sigil comes to be is kinda irrelevant timing wise, as we will be making it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn’t notice the first time but there is a legitimate reason for the break between patches: reforging the Arbiter/Oribos key.
    Eh no.

The lore excuse for the "break" is that the Primus is looking for a way to craft the last sigil.
    As the campaign entry clearly states.

We will be present when the sigil is reforged, as we were for all the others.

Formerly known as Arafal

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed, but at least we have some stuff confirmed, like the Jailer = Arbiter and Zereth Mortis name.
    I remember we speculated about that half a year ago, now it’s confirmed - nice, I guess. At least we have another proof that the Eternal Ones are just gigantic dumbasses, but that isn’t unexpected either.

What I don’t understand is why they kept this so secretive, the outcome really doesn’t justify it, as the revelation is at best, mildly shocking. It made sense for the war campaign in 8.2.5, but this time? Meh.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again