Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    'Aslong as it is fun

LoL. WoW isn't fun right now. The community of WoW has Stockholm Syndrome. But my opinion is not everyone's opinion
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Currently 8/10HC if the team continues after AOTC we'll go Mythic if not I'll stop playing until next patch. As always my social group decided whether I'm playing or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    LoL. WoW isn't fun right now. The community of WoW has Stockholm Syndrome. But my opinion is not everyone's opinion
    Yet you demeaned everyone who disagrees with you with the "Stockholm Syndrome" jab.Your opinion is not the only one that matters. If others still find it fun, who are you to shame them for that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    So you want single player content in an MMO? Why? Just go play Dragon Age Inquisition.

WoW's an MMO, it will always focus on group content. It literally always has since 2004.

The Single Player Campaign is a relatively new thing introduced around Mists of Pandaria. Before that it was " Mindlessly grind to max lvl, do dungeons/raids/pvp " and quite frankly focusing on developing Single Player Content that people will finish in a few hours and never touch again is a waste of money.
    MMLO does nto mean what you tink it means. All it means is a massive amount of players in one area It does not mean "group content" only nor does it mean they focus on group content. In fact, if you look at the total amount of content in the game, the majority is in fact solo player content. So, no it does not focus on group content. IT has both solo and group content.

I'll play 9.1 until 9.2 comes out. Same as any other patch over the last 17 years.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

MMLO does nto mean what you tink it means. All it means is a massive amount of players in one area It does not mean "group content" only nor does it mean they focus on group content. In fact, if you look at the total amount of content in the game, the majority is in fact solo player content. So, no it does not focus on group content. IT has both solo and group content.
    WoW has always meant group content. The best gear has always come from raids and then later on pvp and m+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    An interesting opinion. We have been together since TBC and thats exactly what we did right through until midway through BfA, when many players lost interest in the game in general so we went a different direction.
    I press X to doubt into infinity. No way your benchers would be happy with being screwed out of CE every tier.

Link me your guild.

[QUOTE=starstationprofm;53329780]WoW has always meant group content. The best gear has always come from raids and then later on pvp and m+[/quote[no it hasn't. IT was never about a specific form of content. The best gear coming from group content in no way means it was about group content either.

How to know that someone is not really interested in your answer but just wants to have a go at the game - if they write "legitimately interested".

However, I like talking about myself so I will pretend that this was a real question:

I'm going to play until 9.2. If I finish all the content of 9.1 that is available to me within my difficulty modes, I will go back to legacy content to farm collectibles / possibly gold.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-08-09 at 05:46 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

no it hasn't. IT was never about a specific form of content. The best gear coming from group content in no way means it was about group content either.
    Yeah it has, and I've already proven this. The single player campaign stuff is a new addition. Until MoP they weren't even doing that. Zones were just there for you to level through. There wasn't a story order.

Like take WOTLK, can you tell me what order the zones storylines are supposed to happen in? What about TBC?

Classic didn't even have a story.

Why do you think they spend so much time on dungeons and raids if they aren't what people focus on?

How much longer will I play 9.1?

Until 9.2 or 9.1x comes out; or my sub runs out. Whichever comes first.

At this point I don't intend to renew it. Might change, might not.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Yeah it has, and I've already proven this. The single player campaign stuff is a new addition. Until MoP they weren't even doing that. Zones were just there for you to level through. There wasn't a story order.

Like take WOTLK, can you tell me what order the zones storylines are supposed to happen in? What about TBC?

Classic didn't even have a story.

Why do you think they spend so much time on dungeons and raids if they aren't what people focus on?
    You haven't proven squat. WoW has never had a focus on any specific content. It has both solo and group content. It has had both since day one.

They spend time on raids and dungeons because that is the most popular content, not because group content is a focus. They spend a ton of time on solo content too.

You just declaring something doesn't make it so. It has never focused on one specific set of content. It is supposed to be a sandbox like game.

I haven't paid for a subscription to WoW since the Bobby Kotick drama. I used gold but right now i'm not playing. I'm not waiting 10 months again for 2hrs of content and then 40 mins each week for a month. Fuck that.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    There's a guy I know that still bemoans seeing 9 people in his ZA static get their bear, only for them to dissolve before he got his.

Doing realm first achievements in wrath, everyone who wasn't in for the kills bore some level of resentment.
    Omph, that sucks. I was the last in one of our bear-groups, and was like oh no after every run as I never won the roll on main. But got it in the end, the 10th time.

I also did it on my druid alt as well as we needed a 4th tank for the two groups we went in, so obviously I didnt get prioritized then and we stopped when all got it on mains. Back then we didnt have account wide mounts as you know, but I really wanted one on my druid too, and then the guild decided to do one for my druid alt so I got it on that as well.

I know how much I wanted it for my alt even, so what you wrote wasnt cool to read :/

OT: I'm having fun in 9.1 on main and alts, easy powering up through the light systems in SL, and I always got something to do, in contrast of BfA, and subbing until I am tired of WoW again. I dont really get tired of an expansion or a patch but the game as a whole, except half of BfA where I did not play because of half assed class design and way more time consuming boring systems.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-08-11 at 03:14 AM.

LoL. WoW isn't fun right now. The community of WoW has Stockholm Syndrome.
    This is the most absurd take i've read on MMOC in a long while, and boy, i've read some silly stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    I haven't done anything higher than lfr since Nighthold. Haven't ran but a handful of mythics and they were in Legion also.

Mainly play for collections and mounts and stuff, which I find fun. I don't get to play as much with a 16 month old now, but when I do it's usually "catching up" gear or story or renown. I'll probably keep playing 9.1 till 9.2 comes out. If I was to ever get everything I wanted on my main, I have quite a stable of alts I could work on.
    Pssh, I haven't even done an LFR since MoP unless a quest required killing a certain boss. LFR is to raiding what LFG is to M+20. It's trash and it encourages trash players and play.

On topic, when my sub expires in 2 months. I'm only doing the casual stuff anyway. Campaigns will be finished and I'll be finished with the rep grinds soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    I actually forgot about the +20's! So I guess I can do that, haha. Yeah playing till it's not fun seems like the way most people are leaning. I was tempted to go full bandwagon and try FF14 but the website messed me around for 5-10 minutes and that was enough to turn me off.
    Their website is atrocious, but I'd give it a shot man, I am having a lot of fun in the game, and the story is legit enchanting. " I am a story Junkie". Not a wow hater just not what I want in a game atm, maybe 10.0 will bring me back. If you do play I recommend playing on a preferred server, double xp until lvl 70.

Until I've reached whatever arbitrary goals I set for myself or I stop enjoying playing.

So you talk about stockholm syndrome while posting on a website that's mainly about WoW. That's some next level bull****, sorry!

And about the topic: Nope, didn't start, will not try, because 9.1 is an abomination that i skip, simply because it has no content other than the raid and dungeon. I only play on patches that have actual content for single player too. I hope blizzard have fun catering for the upper 1% of the playerbase, because the 50% who don't care about mythic+ and raids in general gone elsewhere.

Even with covid, after the long waiting time of 9.0 is 9.1 a real joke and a spit in the face of all players.

Still: if there is good content again, i probably might come back, but right now surely not.

Dear Blizzard, i know from your Ivory tower you will never read it, but here's a small tip: 1 casual player who enjoy casual content, single player content pays as much off an sub-fee as a player who hardcore raids. Maybe even more, because the casual one might actually buy some tokens that the hardcore pay with gold. So cater more for the casuals, it's as simply as that!
    Last edited by Velerios; 2021-08-11 at 09:07 PM.

Till the next patch then the next one then the next expac etc. I will never stop I have enjoyed the game for 15 years and will go till the end.

I stopped with WoW, not because I hate the game but because I'm not that into raiding. Returned to Guildwars 2 and was overwhelmed how much content they added over the years, not only expansions but a lot in between expansions. Also the next expansion is coming and since there's no subscription I gave it a try... and was not disappointed.

You haven't proven squat. WoW has never had a focus on any specific content.
    Tell me what the solo content was between Vanilla and Cata lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I ve got some shocking news for you: Not everybody has the same tastes or expectations and not everyone is content with bread crumbs. Good for you that you are satisfied with so little but many of us think we deserve better.

Please don't tag people just to bash their opinion you won't get anything out of it and generally speaking, noone cares if you agree or not. As long as you are satisfied with the game you pay for play it and leave us be.
    This has always been WoW. They always focused on group content. If you want single player MMOs go play one of the failed games like ESO or SWTOR. WoW has always been about raids and dungeons.