Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is no content in WoW to stream. What you gonna do - the same dungeons over and over again to improve IO score? Nobody wants to see that shit. Raiding requires massive time and is 99% wiping. High end pvp - when every high end pvper is complaining about it? Na, the game offers nothing interesting.

I don't watch much streamer content, but that is where I seen Jeff Hamilton (employee at Blizzard) releasing private information on customers and promoting violence against them. In any company I have ever worked for it would be automatic termination. I still haven't seen any news about this individual being fired for conducting illegal activity. Does anyone know if this issue has been handled? As I would've expected the response to be less than 24 hours. If the company hasn't reacted yet, it would have more questions to answer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The only thing the token does is switch gold from x to y. And grant Blizzard more money for subs than regular subs. It doesn't actually impact the economy when it doesn't create new gold.
    So you believe that players being encouraged to farm hundreds of thousands of gold more than they ordinarily would is not going to affect the economy?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I don't watch much streamer content, but that is where I seen Jeff Hamilton (employee at Blizzard) releasing private information on customers and promoting violence against them. In any company I have ever worked for it would be automatic termination. I still haven't seen any news about this individual being fired for conducting illegal activity. Does anyone know if this issue has been handled? As I would've expected the response to be less than 24 hours. If the company hasn't reacted yet, it would have more questions to answer.
    Blizzard is cool with people being doxxed. they just act when THEY are attacked. I doubt anything will happen to Jeff Hamilton at Blizzard despite actively doxxing someone on Twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    So you believe that players being encouraged to farm hundreds of thousands of gold more than they ordinarily would is not going to affect the economy?
    Don't bother. The few people who say the tokens haven't affected gold inflation are the same people that will defend every toxic decision Blizzard has.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because summary dismissal and insults is not bad faith? We have had the token for 6 years now. The token hasn't caused massive amounts of inflation that you keep saying happens when players are encouraged to farm gold. It isn't bad faith to point that out and refute your own claims. The mission table has led to more inflation then the token has given how it was creating gold for little effort each day.
    You've not made any points and have, very intentionally, misrepresented what I've said, even going so far as to claim that things I've said are the exact opposite of what you've quoted. In this instance you've made the point that because inflation exists in economies where there is rampant gold selling the WoW token does not matter, even though the WoW token is a form of gold selling. You've not demonstrated anything, you've just asserted it's not a problem, which is silly given inflation in a similar vein can be seen in other games like OSRS where players sell bonds on the grand exchange and it distorts the economy too.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Lets hope clickbaiters like Preach & Bellular never come back and just flounder tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Lets hope clickbaiters like Preach & Bellular never come back and just flounder tbh.
    Why? How little person must one be to get so mad and offended about someone else quitting a game?

Pathetic really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooshie View Post
    Why? How little person must one be to get so mad and offended about someone else quitting a game?

Pathetic really.
    Nah, they deserve it for just peddling blatent lies just for clicks.

Pathetic really.
    And how little a person must be to be so condescending about someone else's opinion.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Pathetic really.
    Bellular flipflops constantly about being a Blizzard supporter, depending on what will get the most clicks. He's a dishonest YouTuber and his channel deserves to just fade into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    And how little a person must be to be so condescending about someone else's opinion.
    Opinions are shit like taste in music. Irrational hate towards people is not matter of opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Bellular flipflops constantly about being a Blizzard supporter, depending on what will get the most clicks. He's a dishonest YouTuber and his channel deserves to just fade into obscurity.
    Don't get me wrong, I have no opinion about Bellular. Pretty sure I have never even watched a single video. That being said, I don't give a shit about if he gets clicks or not or what games he plays. Doesn't concern me, it's not out of my pocket.

Opinions are shit like taste in music. Irrational hate towards people is not matter of opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me wrong, I have no opinion about Bellular. Pretty sure I have never even watched a single video. That being said, I don't give a shit about if he gets clicks or not or what games he plays. Doesn't concern me, it's not out of my pocket.
    Yet you felt the need to insult someone for pointing out that Bellular is a shit youtuber.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    That guy was hella annoying during BFA. Mister clickbait and his cheeto munching comic book store guy lookin' friend.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Yet you felt the need to insult someone for pointing out that Bellular is a shit youtuber.
    Yeah, I called someone a little person. Boo-fucking-hoo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    You've not demonstrated anything, you've just asserted it's not a problem, which is silly given inflation in a similar vein can be seen in other games like OSRS where players sell bonds on the grand exchange and it distorts the economy too.
    So all games are equal? What happens in another game is not what has happened in retail WoW. When was the last time you played? Seriously. Because the token has not caused enchants, potions, mats, and the basics to be insanely over priced. It hasn't inflated what you say would be inflated if gold selling exists in a game. Weird right? Classic doesn't have a token but has people farming gold, and buying it illegally, so a token alone isn't the root cause of inflation. Which means you are over stating the token.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So all games are equal? What happens in another game is not what has happened in retail WoW. When was the last time you played? Seriously. Because the token has not caused enchants, potions, mats, and the basics to be insanely over priced. It hasn't inflated what you say would be inflated if gold selling exists in a game. Weird right? Classic doesn't have a token but has people farming gold, and buying it illegally, so a token alone isn't the root cause of inflation. Which means you are over stating the token.
    Actually, since the introduction of the token, I've noticed EVERYTHING in the AH has increased in price. So you are being exceptionally dishonest in saying it hasn't caused the cost of things to raise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, since the introduction of the token, I've noticed EVERYTHING in the AH has increased in price. So you are being exceptionally dishonest in saying it hasn't caused the cost of things to raise.
    So why are enchanting crystals on my server going for less then vendor price if EVERYTHING has increased in price? If you are going to throw around words like dishonest you may want to actually not be full of it yourself. Right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I don't care. Let them leave. I'll show them the door.

Streamers bring nothing but negativity and toxicity. Any positives they purportedly bring are outweighed by the negatives by an order of magnitude.

Streaming has ruined gaming, and the fewer games streamers are involved in, the better.

That's just passing buck and trying to avoid blaming the community as a whole for why gaming sucks. Lack of enforcement against edgelords and assholes is what ruins gaming

So why are enchanting crystals on my server going for less then vendor price if EVERYTHING has increased in price? If you are going to throw around words like dishonest you may want to actually not be full of it yourself. Right?
    Considering you have been blatantly dishonest about numerous things in this thread and others, I don't believe you even for a moment. Also, I'm talking about items that CAN'T be bought from vendors so using that as an example is the definition of asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    That's just passing buck and trying to avoid blaming the community as a whole for why gaming sucks. Lack of enforcement against edgelords and assholes is what ruins gaming
    Its the consumers fault the product sux? What a confusing stance to take. Sure, negative members of any community can sour it to some extent, but it has no bearing on the quality of the product itself.

If this is the case, why has LoL, infamous for its toxic community, experienced substantial growth in recent years? To be fair, i havnt checked since probably last year, but there had been substantial growth in all previous years up to that point, i dont believe it would have slowed. Could it possibly be that the product is considered very good by a lot of people?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-08-11 at 12:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.