Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where are the other eternal ones during Sanctum of Domination?

Apologies as I am not playing the game at the moment, but is it explained anywhere where the other eternal ones are during the events of Sanctum of Domination? In particular, why do they not defend the Arbiter during the Sylvanas fight?

Presumably the Archon is still recovering from her wounds, but given the Primus' constant warnings about not letting the Jailer obtain the final key I'd think he might at least make an appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Primus appears to be overseeing the conflict in Korthia and the Maw, the Winter Queen is still safeguarding the Heart of the Forest and Ardenweald as a whole, Kyrestia is wounded and convalescing, and Denathrius is obviously sidelined as a result of the events in Castle Nathria. Since SoD is happening a bit after the 9.1 Covenant campaign (of which we're currently just on the Dreadlord/Revendreth portion), there may be a Covenant weekly quest-chain that explains more clearly what the Eternal Ones are up to concerning the raid on Oribos.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Since SoD is happening a bit after the 9.1 Covenant campaign (of which we're currently just on the Dreadlord/Revendreth portion), there may be a Covenant weekly quest-chain that explains more clearly what the Eternal Ones are up to concerning the raid on Oribos.
    Wait, so SoD canonically takes place after the events of a campaign which is timegated until AFTER the raid has already unlocked and been cleared? Who the hell thought this one through?

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Wait, so SoD canonically takes place after the events of a campaign which is timegated until AFTER the raid has already unlocked and been cleared? Who the hell thought this one through?
    I think the LFR rollout is meant to be a rough time estimate. There's some inconsistency there with when they released the Kael'thas chapters, but it's closer than just the raid release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

If they don’t morons speed trough it and then complain endlessly about no new content

The Primus appears to be overseeing the conflict in Korthia and the Maw, the Winter Queen is still safeguarding the Heart of the Forest and Ardenweald as a whole, Kyrestia is wounded and convalescing, and Denathrius is obviously sidelined as a result of the events in Castle Nathria. Since SoD is happening a bit after the 9.1 Covenant campaign (of which we're currently just on the Dreadlord/Revendreth portion), there may be a Covenant weekly quest-chain that explains more clearly what the Eternal Ones are up to concerning the raid on Oribos.

Interesting, thanks. What confuses me about this part of the plot is that the Primus has already been rescued, i.e. he knows that it was his sigil that the Jailer was looking for in Korthia, and that he now has it. Therefore he knows that the only remaining target is the Arbiter, and yet he stays in Korthia defending ... what exactly?

Anyway I hope it will be explained later in the campaign.

No, it takes place chronologically at the time when you were first able to pick up the "kill Sylvanas" quest.
    Just like Denathrius was long defeated by the time we even got to the end of the Venthyr campaign.

Since there is no clear chronology set up I imagine the following:
    We arrive in Korthia, do the intro until we help the Dreadlords take Roh-kalo.
    Bolvar and the crew starts assaulting the Sanctum after this (so basically when you pick up the Sylvanas quest).
    As we are raiding the Primus and Draka is assaulting the Maw to take out Helya.
    Sylvanas is defeated, the Jailer bails on the Maw and shit and we start going after the Dreadlords (this week's campaign).
    Then we will be so bored that we will chase Night Warriors and shit.

Why is the Primus standing in Korthia after the events of the raid?
    I don't think even he knows.

Edit: There is of course one issue with this.
    How is Thrall both helping Draka and the Primus and Jaina and Bolvar at two different places?
    It is very simple.
    You see, Thrall is a fucking god, a cosmic deity at this point capable of omnipresence.

No but really, it's like Jaina teleporting between being stuck in Nazjatar, under Orgrimmar and on top of Thunder Bluff at the same time.
    Don't think about it.
    Can Blizzard just off Thrall and Jaina already...
    Last edited by Garymorilix; 2021-07-21 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forestille View Post
    Interesting, thanks. What confuses me about this part of the plot is that the Primus has already been rescued, i.e. he knows that it was his sigil that the Jailer was looking for in Korthia, and that he now has it. Therefore he knows that the only remaining target is the Arbiter, and yet he stays in Korthia defending ... what exactly?

He's not leading a defence. He's organising an assault. The best defence is a good offence. Nothing has been able to stop the Jailer's magic from getting out of the Maw so far, but if we can defeat him before he attacks the Arbiter, we might have a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    No, it takes place chronologically at the time when you were first able to pick up the "kill Sylvanas" quest.
    It doesn't. After this weeks chapter, after you ask Renethal what's next, he says:

Regardless of our successes here, the Shadowlands can never truly be whole until the Arbiter resumes sending souls to the afterlives.

For now, continue to wage your war against the Jailer. We will levy what resources we can for that effort.
    The Arbiter basically desintegrated, so it's doubtful Renethal would talk about it so non-chalantly, let alone suggesting the Arbiter resumes her job.

The resources Renethal mentions are the Stonewright's forces and she specifically mentions Korthia and the Maw. It would make no sense sending them to the Maw after the Jailer escapes to who the hell knows where.

Just like Denathrius was long defeated by the time we even got to the end of the Venthyr campaign.

Since there is no clear chronology set up I imagine the following:
    We arrive in Korthia, do the intro until we help the Dreadlords take Roh-kalo.
    Bolvar and the crew starts assaulting the Sanctum after this (so basically when you pick up the Sylvanas quest).
    As we are raiding the Primus and Draka is assaulting the Maw to take out Helya.
    Sylvanas is defeated, the Jailer bails on the Maw and shit and we start going after the Dreadlords (this week's campaign).
    Then we will be so bored that we will chase Night Warriors and shit.

Why is the Primus standing in Korthia after the events of the raid?
    I don't think even he knows.

Edit: There is of course one issue with this.
    How is Thrall both helping Draka and the Primus and Jaina and Bolvar at two different places?
    It is very simple.
    You see, Thrall is a fucking god, a cosmic deity at this point capable of omnipresence.

No but really, it's like Jaina teleporting between being stuck in Nazjatar, under Orgrimmar and on top of Thunder Bluff at the same time.
    Don't think about it.
    Can Blizzard just off Thrall and Jaina already...
    The quest is only given early for those who are going into the raid that early. Lore wise, it would take quite a bit of time to organize that kind of effort. I mean, the fact that the PC took place in the assault on Helya should give that away, so there's no issue with Thrall being in both locations. And the fact that they stress that Helya's overconfidence was being exploited pretty much gives away that the Jailer is still around at least so she can afford the overconfidence.

Nor was Jaina stuck in Nazjatar either, that issue was solved pretty quickly after you get to the main hub, she uses your Heart of Azeroth to create a portal out.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    It doesn't. After this weeks chapter, after you ask Renethal what's next, he says:

The Arbiter basically desintegrated, so it's doubtful Renethal would talk about it so non-chalantly, let alone suggesting the Arbiter resumes her job.

The resources Renethal mentions are the Stonewright's forces and she specifically mentions Korthia and the Maw. It would make no sense sending them to the Maw after the Jailer escapes to who the hell knows where.
    I mean, at best this is an argument for the whole Renathal thing happening as we are raiding the Sanctum.
    Not that it is before that, as Renathal is neither in the Sanctum nor at Oribos at the end.
    You could even say that he wouldn't know at that time either for the same reasons.

Besides this, we take out the Eye of the Jailer BEFORE the raid, we lose the Primus' sigil BEFORE the raid (basically the only reason Korthia was pulled there) so like being in Korthia is basically pointless.

You can now also argue that 'but what about the Mawsworn there' and like okay, what're they gonna do, collect some dusty tomes for the guy that ditches them 10 seconds later? Korthia has nothing of value to the jailer beyond the sigil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The quest is only given early for those who are going into the raid that early. Lore wise, it would take quite a bit of time to organize that kind of effort. I mean, the fact that the PC took place in the assault on Helya should give that away, so there's no issue with Thrall being in both locations. And the fact that they stress that Helya's overconfidence was being exploited pretty much gives away that the Jailer is still around at least so she can afford the overconfidence.

Nor was Jaina stuck in Nazjatar either, that issue was solved pretty quickly after you get to the main hub, she uses your Heart of Azeroth to create a portal out.
    No, I think it makes much more sense for the assault on the Sanctum and the assault on Helya to take place at the same time.
    Afterall, we would either have the jailer/the eye help Helya in some form, OR the Primus show up in the Sanctum (it would make way more sense for him to fuckin make death magic portals with the tarragrue's heart than fucking Jaina, the frost/arcane mage from azeroth).

Also also, yes, we did open semi-canonical portals in Nazjatar but the theme of the whole zone was that we were stranded there.
    The kirin tor could teleport massive armies and cities worth of people to fucking alternate draenor afterall, but not to Nazjatar.
    Jaina was kind of the main guy there also, like Lor'themar for the horde. You don't see Lor'themar ditching his post to save Baine.

You can argue that it could be done but does it make sense? No.
    The only reason Jaina did that is because they wanted Jaina to do it, not because it makes sense, hope this makes sense.
    To be fair, I think having Jaina in Nazjatar was stupid af from the beginning, she had literally no connection to any of that.

I mean, at best this is an argument for the whole Renathal thing happening as we are raiding the Sanctum.
    Not that it is before that, as Renathal is neither in the Sanctum nor at Oribos at the end.
    You could even say that he wouldn't know at that time either for the same reasons.
    Oh yes, I'm sure neither the Maw Walker nor anyone else would have told him about such an important thing as the Arbiter being destroyed and the Jailer achieving his goal. I guess the Primus also doesn't know, otherwise he'd include such an important information in the letter he asks you to deliver to Renethal.

Do you even believe what you're saying?

It's pretty obvious the last chapter, named "What lies ahead", is when we attack Torghast itself. They messed up with how they opened the content basically, because the whole campaign feels like it should be akin to 7.1 Suramar Insurrection, which ended up with a quest to defeat Gul'Dan and was available before Nighthold was opened.

Oh yes, I'm sure neither the Maw Walker nor anyone else would have told him about such an important thing as the Arbiter being destroyed and the Jailer achieving his goal. I guess the Primus also doesn't know, otherwise he'd include such an important information in the letter he asks you to deliver to Renethal.

Do you even believe what you're saying?

It's pretty obvious the last chapter, named "What lies ahead", is when we attack Torghast itself. They messed up with how they opened the content basically, because the whole campaign feels like it should be akin to 7.1 Suramar Insurrection, which ended up with a quest to defeat Gul'Dan and was available before Nighthold was opened.
    I mean, you still don't under what 'happening at the same time' means, but okay.

Also, the last chapter was never put up on PTR because it obviously plays out way after the raid and will contain heavy spoilers for 9.2 (or a general idea where we go next).

Quote Originally Posted by Forestille View Post

He knows that the jailer can easily kill him, and his knowledge is needed to reforge the sigils and follow the jailer should the jailer succeed. He's much better off alive in Korthia than dead in the Sanctum.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

5+ Year Old Account
    Exactly friend. Exactly. Where were they? They failed miserably in the past it would seem as well.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-07-22 at 12:21 PM.

I mean, you still don't under what 'happening at the same time' means, but okay.

Also, the last chapter was never put up on PTR because it obviously plays out way after the raid and will contain heavy spoilers for 9.2 (or a general idea where we go next).
    Obviously as in, you have no idea and are just pulling this out of your ass, calling it obvious?

How about you actually respond to what I wrote? Otherwise don't quote it.

IDK how you imagine all these things to be happening at the same time. Lol. I lack words to respond to this because of how stupid this idea sounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I am unsure whether it is occurring semi-simultaneously, or if SoD occurs afterward, but it doesn't seem to be the same case with Nathria where the raid occurred before the Covenant quests. There are many references that wouldn't be made if the Jailer had successfully destroyed the Arbiter, etc. It may be an ongoing thing, or the raid may canonically start at some midpoint during the campaign, and finish at or before the campaign's conclusion. In either case, the campaign itself will likely provide details on the Eternal Ones' activities as concerns the conclusion of the raid itself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Obviously as in, you have no idea and are just pulling this out of your ass, calling it obvious?

How about you actually respond to what I wrote? Otherwise don't quote it.

IDK how you imagine all these things to be happening at the same time. Lol. I lack words to respond to this because of how stupid this idea sounds.
    Okay, I hope you won't lack words to respond once we come back after all the chapters are out.

We'll see how "stupid" it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

I am unsure whether it is occurring semi-simultaneously, or if SoD occurs afterward, but it doesn't seem to be the same case with Nathria where the raid occurred before the Covenant quests. There are many references that wouldn't be made if the Jailer had successfully destroyed the Arbiter, etc. It may be an ongoing thing, or the raid may canonically start at some midpoint during the campaign, and finish at or before the campaign's conclusion. In either case, the campaign itself will likely provide details on the Eternal Ones' activities as concerns the conclusion of the raid itself.
    Welcome back, fellas.

So, as you can see the last Chapter literally starts with Thrall and Jaina showing up after the end of the raid.

This literally means that during the previous chapters the raid was going on simultaniously.

Thank you for attending my TED talk. Next time, pay attention to the actual lore you're arguing against.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Exactly friend. Exactly. Where were they? They failed miserably in the past it would seem as well.
    Maybe this is all part of an episode of Undercover Boss where one of the First Ones disguises themselves as an underling in the Shadowlands in order to clean house and set things straight.

EDIT: On a second thought I wouldn't put it past the writers to pull some deus ex machina like this in the next expansion.