Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard Entertainment will become Insight in 2022 (Leak/Spoilers)

Blizzard Entertainment is being dissolved early 2022. It is going to be replaced by a new team called Insight that will be a more direct part of the renamed Activision Insight. Much of Blizzard, though not all, will be sacked and replaced with new employees for Insight.

Diablo is considered by far the most promising franchise at the present. Diablo IV has 3 planned expansions. A remake of the original Diablo is in the works. Diablo Immortal will receive a PC and console release a year after its mobile release. An untitled Diablo PvP game will begin development under Insight. The Diablo team, like the Hearthstone team, will be mostly unaffected by the company shifts.

World of Warcraft is entering official maintenance mode. The little work that was already put into the expansion after Shadowlands will be released 9.3 sometime in 2023. 9.3, despite the name, has nothing to do with Shadowlands and is just made up of salvaged stuff from 10.0.

Classic servers will be merged into one or two with the launch of WotLK Classic in 2023. This will be the last Classic expansion planned.

A new untitled World of Warcraft successor MMORPG is in the works, looking to take a lot from FFXIV. This is going to be developed by a majority new team than those who made and worked on WoW. It is not a sequel but a total reboot with new lore. Currently only in the planning stage. The base game will focus on Valansess (the Eastern Kingdoms) and Outland, with playable races from both worlds. It is currently believed to not have factions. It will not borrow from Hearthstone, which will remain separate and continually updated with new expansions.

A Warcraft mobile MMORPG project has been in the works since 2019 and will continue under Insight, focusing on drawing in an audience in China. It is separate from the new PC MMORPG. The last report said it was canon to WoW, though it is unknown whether this will change with WoW entering maintenance mode.

A Hearthstone spin-off game is coming out. It is going to build off of the autobattler modes added.

Overwatch is believed to be unsalvageable, failing to capture any modern interest. Overwatch 2 has been cancelled, as have multiple smaller mobile projects set in the same universe. Overwatch in late 2022 will receive the maps and heroes planned for Overwatch 2, but not the PvE modes. A Netflix original series is in the works and seems unaffected by these cancellations.

StarCraft is completely abandoned in any way shape or form. There are no plans for new RTS or MOBA of any kind.

Because their franchises and lead characters (like Sylvanas, Tracer, and Kerrigan) no longer ‘capture people’s imaginations like they used to’, there has been a lot of work done on developing a new IP. After 3 cancelled projects, they have one they’ve been working on since early 2020 set in a unique fantasy universe. It will debut with a gacha-style RPG and will be announced at either Gamescom or E3 next year.

Blizzconline 2022 has been cancelled, but I’m certain you’ve all guessed that.

Welp this will be good for at least several weeks of Youtube speculation content.

I believe everything I just read in this post. Source seems reliable.

Nice fanfiction post, Only thing here i wish was real was the untitled successor MMORPG section.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

The only thing that makes sense here is 9.3 not having anything to do with Shitlands and the Janitor.

WoW going into maintenance mode invalidates your entire post, they're not even close to being done milking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The only thing that makes sense here is 9.3 not having anything to do with Shitlands and the Janitor.
    9.2: Intermezzo about a Bastion Steward going on an adventure.

9.3: Trouble in the Swamp of Sorrows!

They really need a new ip as it seems that only wow and heartstone is what they have going for them and maby D4 too depending on how it will be, and wow is what it is these days.

Pretty hyped for D4 but looking at the Path of Exile 2 Official Trailer it just looks better and no longer looks like a indie title and taking a guess i reckon poe 2 will be alot more popular but we will see i really hope D4 will kick ass.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-08-11 at 11:04 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    9.2: Intermezzo about a Bastion Steward going on an adventure.

9.3: Trouble in the Swamp of Sorrows!
    Since Swamp of Sorrows was the original location of WC1, a patch set there would unironically bring more people back (massive nostalgia) than a patch set around the Janitor.

It would be like Legion, which was a massive nostalgia bait. The teaser with Khadgar even paid tribute to the WC3 cinematic where Medivh warns Terenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Well there won't be a 9.3 to begin with. They need to finish Shadowlands in 9.2. if they want to get 10.0 out in schedule.

Only in OP's completely insane fairy tale scenario could anything called 9.3 exist.

Sure, so Blizz will totally brand the "not Shadowlands" update 9.3 instead of 10.0. Only a marketing newbie will do that, definitely not Acti Blizz

I don't really understand the point of threads like these.

Either it's real (unlikely, but whatever), and we'll just have to see how things develop. Or it isn't, and we'll known as soon as any of these things are debunked in the next few months.

Maybe it's an attempt at lowering the stock value? If so, it's a pretty pathetic one, being posted in a site with barely any influence.

was intresting untill you mentioned overwatch 2 being cancelled lol.
    no way, bait is bait

but id love for this happen tho

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    was intresting untill you mentioned overwatch 2 being cancelled lol.
    no way, bait is bait

but id love for this happen tho
    Yesterday it was delayed to 2023, now it is cancelled.

Tomorrow they'll post-humously cancel Overwatch 1.

Honestly, this seems possible with how this year has developed. I'm talking 5% possible, but it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility.

If any of this was actually planned, then their current strategy makes no sense.

Why are they hiring new people for WoW if they want to send the game into maintanence mode in 2022?
    Think about it, those people need like 6-10 month learning period before they are a full working member, by that point, the game's support has effectively ended by that timeline.

Same goes for OW2, i doubt that Blizzard will now sink in developer time into something they know they're going to cancel.

Furthermore, doubt Classic Wotlk will come out in 2023.
    TBC has five phases, assume that Phase 2 will come out in late august / early september, phase 1 did last around 3 months.

Phase 2 = 09 - 2021
    Phase 3 = 12 - 2021
    Phase 4 = 03 - 2022
    Phase 5 = 06 - 2022
    Woltk = 10-12 - 2022

Give or take a few months, unless they want to have a 6+ month gap between Phase 5 and Wotlk, it's going to come out in 2022.
    Even if you want to doubt in this...do you think Blizzard would pass up on the chance to relaunch an expansion during Christmas season of 2022 that due to its nature does require little maintenance?

I think i'm putting too much effort into "disproving" this leak, but news like this cannot be kept from employees for long without burning a lot of money, because they're still working on all of those projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I don't really understand the point of threads like these.

Either it's real (unlikely, but whatever), and we'll just have to see how things develop. Or it isn't, and we'll known as soon as any of these things are debunked in the next few months.

Maybe it's an attempt at lowering the stock value? If so, it's a pretty pathetic one, being posted in a site with barely any influence.
    Sane people wouldn't. But some people can't help being insane and the fact is they enjoy people coming in here and pushing back and fighting over it. I mean you will see people come in here, talk about knowing it's a bait thread, then jump on the bait. They can't help themselves either.

I enjoy threads like these. Not because the OP is usually wrong and the ideas are terrible, but for the people who actually believe in said post.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Welp. I'll bookmark this thread and actually say I believe most of it, and see what happens as the months go by. See you guys in a few months!