Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Diablo 2 Resurrected to launch without Ladder

Adam Fletcher: “We will have some more information on seasons/ladder. I would expect it wouldn’t be right at launch for the start of one and more so around a different time that we specify after launch.”

I don't know about you guys, but this makes the game a no buy for me. Really cannot understand what Blizzard is thinking here. This is one of the core features of D2 and it's going to launch without it? Why can't they do one feature full launch, this is a 20 years old game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Any Blizzard remake/remaster is already a no buy from me after what they did to Warcraft 3.

Just doing a relaxed playthrough trying out and remembering the good ol' times. Don't need a ladder to have fun rn. I'm super hyped since 3.15 is pretty disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think it was something they added after launch of d3 as well, so no big deal for me, but i on the other hand prefer persistence and dont rly like seasons
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nRes View Post
    this is a 20 years old game...
    if you want to play the 20 years old game, go play Diablo 2 ...

This game is not a simple resolution upgrade or texture upgrade, it look like the old game but it's not the same game at all.

just the same voices, maps, items.

anyway, the ladder is only delayed, not cancelled, you can also wait for your "full launch" when the ladder is released few month after if you want.
    Last edited by reemi; 2021-08-11 at 10:40 AM.

Beta looked amazing and recent changes had shown that Vicarious Visions listen community.
    ... still not going to preoder. Personally i wait a few days after release to see how it is.

Back to topic: i think it is not bad idea to deliberately delay ladder since game can still have many bugs.
    Hopefully it won't be longer than 2-3 weeks since release.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    anyway, the ladder is only delayed, not cancelled, you can also wait for your "full launch" when the ladder is released few month after if you want.
    You mean like in Warcraft 3 Reforged? Remind me how that went down.

Quote Originally Posted by nRes View Post
    Adam Fletcher: “We will have some more information on seasons/ladder. I would expect it wouldn’t be right at launch for the start of one and more so around a different time that we specify after launch.”

I don't know about you guys, but this makes the game a no buy for me. Really cannot understand what Blizzard is thinking here. This is one of the core features of D2 and it's going to launch without it? Why can't they do one feature full launch, this is a 20 years old game...
    If you really want that, just wait to buy the game when it has ladder? I mean, no need to have the game immediately if you don't want to play it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never cared about ladder

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Beta looked amazing and recent changes had shown that Vicarious Visions listen community.
    ... still not going to preoder. Personally i wait a few days after release to see how it is.

Back to topic: i think it is not bad idea to deliberately delay ladder since game can still have many bugs.
    Hopefully it won't be longer than 2-3 weeks since release.
    Same. Especially now that they're playing the "if you preorder you get more beta" card. I played alpha, was really impressed by the good job, but since i played the game already for years and i don't care about online at all, i don't need it right now.

All i really want is the ability to mod the game like i was able with the original. I added like 200 uniques, 50 more sets and basically implemented every single runeword that was available in the game files. Hope someone finds a way to do the same with the remaster.

"we couldn't finish the game on time, but we need you to buy it now, and we promise to patch it in later..... maybe..."

Gonna just wait to buy til the ladder starts and some of the character models (barb, amazon) are fixed to not look deflated and old.

Will ladder runewords work in the non ladder?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Will ladder runewords work in the non ladder?
    Don't think so. It was one of the biggest draw to go ladder.

never did ladder back in the day won't do it now... so non-issue for me.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post

This game is not a simple resolution upgrade or texture upgrade, it look like the old game but it's not the same game at all.
    It literally is though. They're just overlaying the new graphics on top of the old engine. There's even a button you can press to instantly remove the new graphics and you're just playing old d2.

Reminder that several of the cooler Rune Words are ladder only. You can't make things like BotD, Enigma, Insight or CoH if you're not playing ladder.

This makes it a no buy for me until ladder is implemented.

i over reacted when i heard this news... i think my plan is going to just be play HC for fun at launch, and when ladder is available try and get a couple days off work and grind hard on SC
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Elyiandris View Post
    Reminder that several of the cooler Rune Words are ladder only. You can't make things like BotD, Enigma, Insight or CoH if you're not playing ladder.

This makes it a no buy for me until ladder is implemented.
    This is true, when I saw ladder I just thought of some competitive short term thing so no big deal right?...You reminded me of those rune words which are fun as hell and ripping fun out of the game before release makes my wallet recoil from warcraft 3 reforged ptsd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Any Blizzard remake/remaster is already a no buy from me after what they did to Warcraft 3.
    I can definitely understand that, Blizzard has burned through all the loyalty that was at its peak just after Wrath. I will probably wait about 3 months and enjoy other games while I wait to see what the opinion of the game matures into.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they're going to tie it in with the Diablo 3 seasons or if they're using and waiting on SoftLayer rollouts?

That being said, I'll still play the base game a little if only to kickstart my brain but once the ladders are released then that's a big thumbs up from me.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2021-08-11 at 11:12 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.