Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anybody want to talk about Diablo II: Resurrected Early Access? No? Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit84 View Post
    Anybody want to talk about Diablo II: Resurrected Early Access? No? Okay.
    Early access was 20 years ago. Wanna talk about the fall of the Berlin wall or 9/11 while we are at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    But hiring because they have a penis is ok?
    No just like hiring someone because they have a vagina isn't. Glad we are on the same page that the terminology in this statement is wrong.

But hiring because they have a penis is ok?
    Like I said, people should be hired if they're qualified for the job. It doesn't matter if they're male, female, white, black, straight, gay and whatever ludicrous pronouns are being thrown around these days.

But no, they are SPECIFICALLY asking to hire someone BECAUSE they have a vagina. Companies kowtowing to the woke mob yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    No just like hiring someone because they have a vagina isn't. Glad we are on the same page that the terminology in this statement is wrong.
    Except when you have 100% penises and the community around you has 50% female representation, how do you justify the bro club? If you have 100% women representatives, do you hire another woman or do you hire a penis because you need more penis representation? So yes, clearly scenarios change things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Like I said, people should be hired if they're qualified for the job. It doesn't matter if they're male, female, white, black, straight, gay and whatever ludicrous pronouns are being thrown around these days.

But no, they are SPECIFICALLY asking to hire someone BECAUSE they have a vagina. Companies kowtowing to the woke mob yet again.
    If that were true, your mom could apply and she could have a sweet 7 figure job and she could buy you a house to get out of her basement right?

Or...

They are going to look at merits and see who is the most qualified female and hire her. And given the information we know about probability and statistics, one would say that that resume is going look extremely similar to a male counterpart but ontop of that offer female representation in a public company, which for investors and consumers is important.

Yay making money in 2021!

If that were true, your mom could apply and she could have a sweet 7 figure job and she could buy you a house to get out of her basement right?

Or...

They are going to look at merits and see who is the most qualified female and hire her. And given the information we know about probability and statistics, one would say that that resume is going look extremely similar to a male counterpart but ontop of that offer female representation in a public company, which for investors and consumers is important.

Yay making money in 2021!
    So what if there is a man applying for the job who is far more qualified than the woman? They are more than likely going to turn him down because he doesn't have a vagina. Because YAY DIVERSITY!

Shut up, libtard. Go crawl back to Twitter with your woke crap!
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2021-08-11 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooshie View Post
    Why are people under the impression that making sure you're not going for the all white dude approach automatically means hiring less qualified people?

That's sexist mindset in itself.
    Because bigots aren't typically very bright people, and they're almost always incredibly self-centered, if not outright narcissistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    So what if there is a man applying for the job who is far more qualified than the woman? They are more than likely going to turn him down because he doesn't have a vagina. Because YAY DIVERSITY!

Shut up, libtard. Go crawl back to Twitter with your woke crap!
    Can you provide a single example of a woman or minority taking the job over a more qualified male? Or are you another Q anon bigfoot spotter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

This letter only confirms what many of us were saying 2 weeks ago ie huge sweeping changes would be forced on the company one way or the other. Since Kotick tried to do everything in a half ***ed way now the shareholders/equity firms are getting involved to force his hand if not remove him altogether. It is needed even if people want to complain about the whole idea of forced diversity which is sort of a whole nother discussion that is getting forced into this now.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2021-08-11 at 06:57 PM.

Except when you have 100% penises and the community around you has 50% female representation, how do you justify the bro club?
    To be fair, when I was getting my degree in computer science, probably about 95% of the students were men. From what I've seen in the field, the vast majority of applicants are men (at least in my area). It feels like maybe high schools should be doing better not steering women away from technology. Probably goes back to grade school. Since you're talking statistics, if you were forced to hire 50/50, you probably aren't getting the best product. All that said the women I worked with or went to school with were extremely talented. More than just above average. Obviously this is all anecdotal, but I expect it is similar in other places.

I expect these numbers are improving over time though. I'm getting old

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I have never seen a woman fighting in a plate bikini in my history books before.
    You also didnt really see any women fighting in your history books pretty much at all. There are only a very few cultures where women were allowed to fight at all. And those cultures made almost no use of heavy armor (or armor at all outside of shields and padded armor like a gambezon).

So.. whats your point again?

Why is a more realistic depiction of a female character a bad thing? Male characters are also not shown running around in underwear, which makes no sense, once again. If you want to see skin, you should google something else.
    Because its a fantasy game. Thats why.

It doesn't have to be real.

NONE of the armor in this game is remotely realistic. You couldnt MOVE in most of the plate armor as depicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Haerdalis View Post
    The happiest countries in the world have the least diverse population, some of the highest living standards and often are at the forefront of science and innovation and as a cherry on top are almost always the safest places for women.

How about that.
    Like Japan or Iraq?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Haha, talk about a straw man...

It doesn't have to be said because anyone with half a brain would at least know that positions like these get plenty of qualified individuals. You want to harp on the idea of being "MORE qualified" without even understanding what the qualifications are or how different qualifications can or should be weighed. Tell me, which individual from the comparisons below is the most qualified in each instance:

1. Served 10 years on the boards of three small companies vs served 10 years on the board of one large company
    2. 15 years managing teams of 5-10 people vs 5 years managing teams of 20-25 people
    3. 20 years of experience but no graduate degree vs 8 years of experience with a degree from a prestigious institution

The idea that every position should ALWAYS be filled with the candidate that has the biggest numbers (GPA, number of certifications, years of experience, etc) on their resume is incredibly naive and shortsighted. Couple that with the idea that striving for a more diverse workforce means hiring loads of totally unqualified individuals and you have the low-intelligence arguments that half this thread have been parroting. There are a lot of factors to consider that go beyond simply looking at the numbers on the page, and building a diverse work environment can be part of that.
    Now you answer this question - one person is male, one person is female - which one should you hire?

If you answered anything other than "the female" then you are WRONG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    To be fair, when I was getting my degree in computer science, probably about 95% of the students were men. From what I've seen in the field, the vast majority of applicants are men (at least in my area). It feels like maybe high schools should be doing better not steering women away from technology. Probably goes back to grade school. Since you're talking statistics, if you were forced to hire 50/50, you probably aren't getting the best product. All that said the women I worked with or went to school with were extremely talented. More than just above average. Obviously this is all anecdotal, but I expect it is similar in other places.

I expect these numbers are improving over time though. I'm getting old
    There's dozens of long term studies that show unequivocally that women simply aren't attracted to hard sciences in the numbers that men are.

And thats regardless of background, origin, schooling, etc.

Women just aren't wired that way in their lizard-brains. Just like men tend to avoid (regardless of childhood, background, origin, schooling, etc) soft sciences and caregiving. Because thats not how their lizard-brains are wired.

Its why the wage gap is a fucking myth, but the earnings gap is absolutely 100% real.

It has almost nothing to do with how they are pushed or prodded when young. Its just how a few tens of thousands of years of evolution have altered our basic wants and desires around the roles we were forced into forever.

Which, again, is not to say that women cant excell at those professions if they are interested, or that men cant excell in typically female-heavy jobs. In fact, given that they are the outliers (women interested in hard science), they tend to almost universally be quite skilled because they had to be to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Like Japan or Iraq?
    oh boy Japan, the country famous for having such a uniquely toxic work culture it makes the most stereotypical Protestant work ethic look lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I did answer your question, with multiple scenarios. As someone who has worked undertaking recruitment at my workplace, it isn't as simple as 'who do you choose man or woman?'. IF Blizzard ask for women then women are going to apply, the man in that position wouldn't even apply to begin with. So yes the woman would get chosen over the man because it was very obvious the man who applied lacked reading comprehension to understand that they needed women :P
    Asking for female applicants would be illegal though, you know that, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Early access was 20 years ago. Wanna talk about the fall of the Berlin wall or 9/11 while we are at it?
    Yes, please. I think they should have kept both the wall and the WTC up. Thoughts?

We live on a planet dominated by an equal split of men and women.
    And studies have shown pretty universally that women and men have different interests and are attracted to different kinds of work, in general (there being exceptions in both directions).

you are completely discounting the fact that if there are millions of qualified males, there are obviously millions of qualified females.
    This fails basic 7th grade logic courses.

Given that the interests of different groups of people are different, this is false on its face.

There are NOT, perforce, millions of qualified women in any given topic in which there are millions of qualified men.

Lets use a different analogy.

Take 10 million people from rural KY, Virginia, etc, who are Nascar fans.
    Take 10 million urban people from NYC/LA, etc.

It is a scientific CERTAINTY that a MUCH higher percentage of the people from rural KY are going to be better at fixing cars, knowledgeable about cars, etc, than those who live in an urban area. (but there will still be people in the urban group that are skilled mechanics and into cars, just a much lower percentage).

According to your theory, however, they should all be equally qualified.

That just aint how shit works.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    you're going to have to expand on that.
    The group who wrote the letter. They are an extremist group run completely off their ideology,

Jesus, 14 pages of the same exact thing.

This is why I'm glad I switched to FFXIV 6 years ago as my main mmo. No toxic bs outside the game that's surrounding the company for years. Development is consistent and the devs care about their community. And everyone loves big butts.