Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kingsmourne and the soul shard

Was just thinking about this while browsing wowpedia and I have three possible candidates/ideas for who the shard might be.

-It's a piece of Anduin

-It's what's left of Varian after he got blasted into dust by Gul'dan

-It's the piece of Arthas Sylvanas saw after she threw herself off the top of Icecrown

Personally I think 2 and 3 are most likely but I could be wrong and the first one could also happen.
    "Remember when trade conversation had to do with bartering goods and services? Pepperidge Farm remembers..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably Arthas. Anduin is just fulfilling the same role intended for Arthas, but with a tighter grasp when turned on and a much looser one when turned off.

Does Varian have a soul anymore? Fel is said to consume the souls of those targeted, and he was utterly consumed by fel fire from the inside out. We've seen no indication that he's in the Shadowlands. I kind of like the idea that his arc is over, and that the two figureheads for the Alliance-Horde war are now nothing but dust.

BIG money is on Arthas.
    We've now been shown two souls now getting their "piece" back and made whole and the room with all the soul shards from Frostmourne which was conspicuously missing the "first soul it ever claimed".

Wouldn't that be super surprising if we had to yoink that shard out of Kingsmourne and put it back into some other totally random soul?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think the "core" of Kingsmourne is likely Arthas' soul, especially since we know he's in the Maw (Devos and Uther having thrown him in), but there's been no hint of his presence for this entire time.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Oh it's Arthas for sure! I mean... "“Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit". Litterally the first soul consumed by the Lich King's own mourneblade.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

it is most definitely Arthas
    we haven't seen anything of arthas's soul that was thrown into the maw by Uther in the SL prequel animated shorts
    they would not do that Nod towards arthas if they had no intention him (or his soul) popping up in a decently major capacity later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenwyrm View Post
    Was just thinking about this while browsing wowpedia and I have three possible candidates/ideas for who the shard might be.

-It's a piece of Anduin

-It's what's left of Varian after he got blasted into dust by Gul'dan

-It's the piece of Arthas Sylvanas saw after she threw herself off the top of Icecrown

Personally I think 2 and 3 are most likely but I could be wrong and the first one could also happen.
    I am guessing to be dominated like that it has to be someone with a stronger will than Anduin.

SO...we're totally getting another Lich King expansion, right?

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Wrath of the Wrath of the Lich King's Lich King

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    No hes gonna become the new leader of the forsaken when they return because he'll finally understand them and hes not going to be allowed to go back to stormwind as the light is in control now and would never allow somebody tainted by death to rule the humans. It is going to get nasty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think the "core" of Kingsmourne is likely Arthas' soul, especially since we know he's in the Maw (Devos and Uther having thrown him in), but there's been no hint of his presence for this entire time.
    It honestly was probably intended to be Arthas, but given the unholy shitstorm that Blizzard has been kicking up regarding their writing, I assume we'll either never be told or they will change who it was to avoid the ensuing Twitter rage.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of. Whos soul shard is "a golden king" in the rift?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    My immediate thought was Rastakhan, though last we heard his soul was being held safely by Bwonsamdi. Lei Shen is another possibility, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    No hes gonna become the new leader of the forsaken when they return because he'll finally understand them and hes not going to be allowed to go back to stormwind as the light is in control now and would never allow somebody tainted by death to rule the humans. It is going to get nasty.
    Has Arthas sister actually done anything this expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Has Arthas sister actually done anything this expansion?
    Calia briefly appeared in the pre-expansion event and in 9.0 in Oribos, but she's done nothing of note.

Calia briefly appeared in the pre-expansion event and in 9.0 in Oribos, but she's done nothing of note.
    If they're planning on making her be the Forsaken leader making her do... Anything would be good

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Anasterian
    "Remember when trade conversation had to do with bartering goods and services? Pepperidge Farm remembers..."

There's no way it isn't Arthas. If you were the Jailer, there's no way you wouldn't use your most powerful and prestigious soul from your collection. Also using a King, to forge a blade called Kingsmourne, to dominate a King, just fits right.

Can we just stop for a moment and think about how fucking lame the name 'kingsmourne' is. The fact that they had to create a category of weapons called 'mourneblades' is terribly lame. Only reason Shadowmourne ever got called that was because we weren't getting Frostmourne