Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Kotaku: WoW Senior Game Designer Jonathan LeCraft (and others) have been let go

https://kotaku.com/jesse-mcree-diabl...ion-1847469113

"Diablo 4 game director Luis Barriga, Blizzard lead level designer Jesse McCree, and World of Warcraft designer Jonathan LeCraft were let go from Blizzard on Wednesday, two sources with knowledge of the move told Kotaku.

The news was delivered to development teams today but has not yet been officially announced. A source confirmed to Kotaku that the three developers’ names are no longer visible in Blizzard’s internal directory. Activision Blizzard did not immediately return a request for comment."

Well, more have been added to the chopping block. I don't think these can be considered sacrificial lambs anymore.

Usually when they have been designated as "let go" -- it means that they were told to leave or be fired. This raises questions since neither LeCraft nor Barriga were involved in Cosby Suite or publicly implicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    https://kotaku.com/jesse-mcree-diabl...ion-1847469113

"Diablo 4 game director Luis Barriga, Blizzard lead level designer Jesse McCree, and World of Warcraft designer Jonathan LeCraft were let go from Blizzard on Wednesday, two sources with knowledge of the move told Kotaku.

The news was delivered to development teams today but has not yet been officially announced. A source confirmed to Kotaku that the three developers’ names are no longer visible in Blizzard’s internal directory. Activision Blizzard did not immediately return a request for comment."

Well, more have been added to the chopping block. I don't think these can be considered sacrificial lambs anymore.
    Could be from the lawsuit, could be from designing 2 expansion with mass exodus of players, at least the WoW people. Whatever the reason I hope it will prosper better expansions in the future, wow isn't that far gone yet

Yeah they’re probably gonna rename McCree in Overwatch.

Let go is basically leave or we'll fire you. This has to be linked to the legal issues that are going on. Considering McRee is among them

Rip Diablo 4?

It was looking good too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weirdly enough, apparently Lecraft supports the walkout.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

whoa those are some big names

Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Usually when they have been designated as "let go" -- it means that they were told to leave or be fired. This raises questions since neither LeCraft nor Barriga were involved in Cosby Suite or publicly implicated.
    LeCraft was, he was in the picture of the Cosby suite.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Great, now we have to get rid of Ion. Any ideas how? I think it's self-evident that he should go but apparently you have to be a sex pest these days to lose your job, not an incompetent idiot.

Could be they just sucked at their jobs and isn't related.

Hm... Maybe something will come forward about them that isn't known right now, but I wouldn't put it past them to kick people that spoke out against the culture of the company...

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    Could be from the lawsuit, could be from designing 2 expansion with mass exodus of players, at least the WoW people. Whatever the reason I hope it will prosper better expansions in the future, wow isn't that far gone yet
    The jury's still out for SL, but neither BfA nor Legion reports support what you claim here. This is not about MMO-C's ignorant view on what constitutes a financially successful product.

And so the Culling of Blizzard continues. This entire company must be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Rip Diablo 4?

It was looking good too.
    Yeah, I'm sure 1 guy leaving will mean the death of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    The jury's still out for SL, but neither BfA nor Legion reports support what you claim here. This is not about MMO-C's ignorant view on what constitutes a financially successful product.
    You realize that Blizzard lost HALF of their MAUs over the course of Legion and BFA, they lost money during those expansions, that's indisputable lol. Just saying there is factual information stating his claim that neither of the expansions were financially successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

he was the director tho..

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, the loss of a game director is a pretty big blow to any project. The vision of the game might change.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    The fratboy culture that the lawsuit described isn't limited to "The Cosby Suite" and I don't understand why anyone would think so. Nor has anyone said that people engaging in sexual harrassment or other activities were comprehensively named. They were not. Investigations were internally launched. Results are coming in. McCree was in the Cosby Suite photo as was LeCraft. McCree was also on the text chain that came out with the photo informing Afrasiabi that when he said he would marry all the girls, he had meant to say "fuck."
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-08-11 at 10:05 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    he was the director tho..
    Apple lost Jobs and they are doing fine.