Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If PSG get Ramos, Donnarrumma, Wijnaldum and Messi for a total of $0 you'd have to be happy with that transfer window. Must be quite a wage bill there though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    If PSG get Ramos, Donnarrumma, Wijnaldum and Messi for a total of $0 you'd have to be happy with that transfer window. Must be quite a wage bill there though.
    All things considering I think any PSG fan would be happy with that But like Bobby B said, they still wont win the CL ;P
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2021-08-10 at 01:16 AM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    PSG squad is pretty insane. Full fifa ultimate team mode engaged.

But I think champs league will go to an english club again or bayern.

Cant see the spanish putting up a fight unless atletico madrid have another good season. Real and barca are a mess.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't help but feel that it's going to be weird seeing Messi in a PSG kit. I honestly thought he'd spend his whole football career at Barca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing Ramos and Messi on the same team, after one has made a career of kicking the shit out of the other is going to be weird
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The weirdest thing here is that they jumped on Messi, even though that basically means Mbappé very likely will leave next year for 0.
    That doesn't sound like a great long-term operation - especially with FFP rules which will apparently take place in 2023 in France, with the 70% salary/budget limit or whatever it is ?

Maybe not, but PSG is kind of used to do such operations. Like, fuck youth, we want old celebrities to help sell WC2022. Guess plenty of PSG U17 will once again leave for 0 and explode in foreign teams, as usual
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2021-08-10 at 04:54 PM.

I guess we should have a few predictions? Cant believe the season starts in 48hrs

Top 4:-
    1. Man city
    2. Chelsea
    3. Liverpool
    4. Man Utd

Followed by a big gap to 5th

Surprise success :- Leeds

Top Scorer :- Kane
    Player of the Season:- Kane (cuz hes owed it from last season)

Top Signing :- Lukaku if it happens
    Bad Signing :- Tough but Im not sure Sancho is a $100.000.000 player, maybe he'll grow into it

Relegated :- Brentford, Watford, Southampton

Champions League:- Really open competition this year and I think any of the English clubs could win it but Ill go for PSG.

I think Bayern has again a very high chance but only if they get some good defence backup and dont lose important players to injuries.
    Dayot Upamecano is a fucking wall and one of the best player you could bought this season.
    Also Süle needs to perform again and Sane should show his talent or he will be sold in 6 month.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Maybe not, but PSG is kind of used to do such operations. Like, fuck youth, we want old celebrities to help sell WC2022. Guess plenty of PSG U17 will once again leave for 0 and explode in foreign teams, as usual
    I wonder what hurts PSG more, Tuchels CL Titel last year or Kingsley Comans winning goal in the final 2 years ago ^^.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2021-08-11 at 11:28 PM.

I'll bite on the predictions

1. Chelsea
    2. Man City
    3. Liverpool
    4. Man Utd

Surprise team: Aston Villa (I think their replacements to Grealish are interesting and while he will be missed I think their overall team might be stronger and finish 6th-7th or something)

Top scorer: Lukaku (He will have so many great supporting players behind him)
    Player of the season: Mount or Havertz (someone providing a lot assists at Chelsea)

Top signing: I'm trying to balance expectations/price in my head and avoid saying someone like Sancho, Grealish or Lukaku, Leicester have done some shrewd business and you gotta say Daka for 23m or Soumare for 17m could potentially be worth 2-3x that after next season as Leicester have been great with getting the best out of their signings. I'll say Daka as I think he could replace Vardy's goalscoring output but I'll also give a punt to Buendia at Villa who had very good numbers for Norwich and I think he could slot right in and replace Grealish quite well.

Bad signing: Konate at Liverpool mostly because of his history with injuries could be a misfire and he did cost ~35m which is still a fair amount.

Relegated: Southampton (I hope they stay up but they're selling off their best players sadly), Watford & Norwich. Think Brentford might be that small surprise newcomer that manages to hang on.

Champions league: Could see a full british final again honestly. Think PSG will choke in the semi-final or something, Barca and Real aren't what they have been. I'll say City finally gets their CL but lose out to Chelsea in PL.

biiiiig rom back in the league, fuck harry kane in the fpl im a cavani and rom man.

must admit im looking forward to tonights first PL game even though i dont have much stake in it. i do miss PL when its not around.

i will bet 5 internet points on brentford upsetting arsenal

can see why arsenal wanted to join a new super league they couldnt get relegated from

10+ Year Old Account
    I know how for years Spurs fans have been the butt of so many jokes. Decades even.

But it must absolutely fucking suck to have spent the last decade as an Arsenal fan.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Wait a year and a half to see your team play and walk out after an hour.....

Arteta "trust the process"

ok game, could have been different had arsenals two strikers been healthy, saka didnt look fit either, didnt feel like he should have been on the bench tbh

showed arsenals lack of depth imho.

the second goal was definitely a foul on the keeper, it was like a scene from Saw PG

brentford became my second team for the season at least, the fans, player, manager acquitted themselves so well, especially when saka came on.

you all owe me five internet points

arsenal are in that place united were a few seasons ago where you look at the team sheet and think 'are we playing burnley?'. Absolute nobody players. Absolutely beatable.

honestly look at it https://www.arsenal.com/men/players

Aubameyang is it and even he seems to be a headcase.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Id take tierney as a squad player. About it from the arsenal squad for me.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Id take tierney as a squad player. About it from the arsenal squad for me.
    Would take him too.
    Him and Smith-Rowe are the only positives.

Guarantee they all turn up for the game vs us next week.

ESR and Saka could probably go on to be players for a City or Chelsea level team in a few years, Tierney would do a good job for the other big teams right now. But overall the team looks bang average. It doesn't help that Arteta is the manager though. If they had Conte as a manager I'm sure he would get 120% out of some of these players. When you're only getting 75% out of the players you have then everyone is underperforming week in week out.