Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, they really need to stop removing features. I'm also assuming open bnet is gone so i cant make fun hacked items too

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Shame we wont get modders, now we're stuck with that ugly ass Amazon face
    Funny thing they pulled the woke thing on the Amazon's face on a remake of something that was conceived long before this clown fiesta.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Luis Barriga is D4's game director.

Jesse McCree is lead level designer (not game director).
    Fixed, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    because you will have to rely on blizzard's servers to play multiplayer with friends... if their servers go down, you can't play... also with tcp/ip you could still play with people in your household even if your internet is down...

the characters used in tcp/ip are your local characters that you can play in single player too...
    2003 is calling, it wants its argument back.

Quote Originally Posted by BlimeyLimey View Post
    other people, like streamers, care about safeguarding their information.
    Then don't use the feature?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    both of them were let go
    I'm aware. See #28.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Funny thing they pulled the woke thing on the Amazon's face on a remake of something that was conceived long before this clown fiesta.
    The face has nothing to do with being 'woke' its just ugly. In the same way the Ecce Homo was an ugly ass face when they attempted to restore that. It wasnt the result of Woke when they ruined the Ecce Homo it was just an awful restoration :P

Not everything is the fault of people being 'woke' or the 'SJdubs' sometimes things are just shit.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-08-11 at 11:36 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The face has nothing to do with being 'woke' its just ugly.
    Its correlated. Hamplanets screech sexism to hide its just jealousy when they see good looking characters. So they arent really woke but they use it as their battering ram

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    can someone explain what tcp/ip is and why the resuming comments will most likely be mad at blizzard for removing it
    It's just their first step to preventing online mod support. Now i cant mod the game and enjoy playing with friends. Requested a refund as soon as I learned this. I was stupid to pre purchase the game, guess i was fooled watching blizzonline. Never again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    Its correlated. Hamplanets screech sexism to hide its just jealousy when they see good looking characters. So they arent really woke but they use it as their battering ram
    I read that as battering ham hahahah. Too true tho.

The face has nothing to do with being 'woke' its just ugly. In the same way the Ecce Homo was an ugly ass face when they attempted to restore that. It wasnt the result of Woke when they ruined the Ecce Homo it was just an awful restoration :P

Not everything is the fault of people being 'woke' or the 'SJdubs' sometimes things are just shit.
    I agree, but the Amazon face looking like that fits the woke bill of "she looks rough and not stereotypically female". Could I be wrong? Of course. However, I've been "right" on this way too often lately, which is sad for the state of the industry as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    Very wise observation sir.

Quote Originally Posted by wonkey View Post
    As others have said it allowed you to play online with friends without needing to log in to battle net. One player hosts the game and gives their IP address to friends and they can join said game. Because the game is hosted on a single computer it allowed people to create and use bot programs spoof items etc.

But, to Blizzards point. There are real security risks today that were not really prevalent 20 years ago. The person hosting the game has their IP address exposed to the entire internet on a specific network port. Tools today make it simple for someone malicious to easily scan for computers with that port open and connect to it to do harm in some way. So i understand them removing it.
    Security, and in my cynical view, this is ATVI saying "We want every MAU possible", so everything will go through B.net, from now on. I mean, c'mon. It's all they talk about now. D2:R looks to be a pretty popular game and will sell a stack, so of course they'd want to capture every MAU they can going into the next couple of quarters, with what's going on.

As for the "Let Gos"...well, looks to me like Jen and Mike's first big move as co-leads. Were these three protected by the boy's club and Brack? Who knows, but I would safely assume these 3 might in the John Doe list in the lawsuit. (I remember a woman stating on Twitter when this broke about someone having the balls to support the walkout, when they were part of the problem, but good luck finding it now...)

Blizzard is going down.

I really hope they focus on making games now.
    Lawsuite is fine but what these teams at blizzard put out last few years is very poor and actually the whole team deserves to be fires not only those on management levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I agree, but the Amazon face looking like that fits the woke bill of "she looks rough and not stereotypically female". Could I be wrong? Of course. However, I've been "right" on this way too often lately, which is sad for the state of the industry as a whole.
    I don't think so personally, I just think its badly designed.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    I really hope they focus on making games now.
    For years Blizzard has been incapable of releasing games.

• HotS was put into maintenance mode.
    • Titan languished in development hell for years and years until Overwatch was salvaged out of it.
    • D3's second expansion was cancelled.
    • D4 is in development hell and it's director has been sacrificed
    • OW2 is in development hell and it's director left
    • Blizzard's incubation unit hasn't released anything.
    • All other Blizzard games are outsourced to mixed results (SC1 remaster being decent, WC3 Reforged being neglected by Blizzard, rushed, and given too little budget, Diablo Immortal is in development hell).
    • WoW devs are hellbent on driving as many of their customers away as they can.

Blizzard's inability to release games is one of the reasons for the company's brain drain. It's demoralizing to spend years at a company but you don't have any work to show for it. At this rate, the new startups by former Blizzard devs will put out new games before Blizzard does.

Blizzard isn't going to perform a turn around. At best, Activision will either completely gut the studio and give the IPs to new people, but you're still going to get soulless cash grab games that won't be anything like the games borne of passion by the Blizzard of eld.

RENAME McCree YOU BIGOTS!!!

Of course Blizzard would shackle people to crapnet, the cinematics are nice though. Can we convert them into a studio that just makes nice looking cinematics that other studios write? :P
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Can this god damned company go down in flames already?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    More people thrown under the bus to placate the twitter mob.
    You are delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    More people thrown under the bus to placate the twitter mob.
    True. I hate these people.