Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Bruh the Sepulcher is literally just SW of undercity.
    Well Sepulcher is just a fancy word for "Tomb" really.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    TLDR: Azeroth has been hyped for years as being 'really important'. In recent years, we believed the answer to be because shes the Titan worldsoul of Azeroth (and one potentially more poweful than Sargeras). However, with Shadowlands and recent events - I think this is being further revised (or retconned) to reposition Azeroth as something much bigger and much more important than being 'just a Titan' - but rather, something important and/or unique on a cosmic scale: a location.

So could "Azeroth" not actually be the name of a Titan, but instead be "A Zereth" (A keystone) - the name of a location or place with cosmic importance? If "Zereth Mortis" can be translated as "Keystone Death"... then can Azeroth be translated as Keystone _______, with some part of its true name unknown/missing?

---

Two big reveals in dialogue ingame after completing the main campaign. Between Tal-Galan and Ve'nari:

https://imgur.com/mx6XwXp

Between Bolvar and The Primus

https://imgur.com/a/xYQx8q4

This is the first time the realm of the first ones has been namedropped, but not the first time the word 'zereth' has been banded about lately. You can read about "Zereth" being discussed on a wowhead news post here: https://www.wowhead.com/news/grimoir...and-the-323424

All these bread-crumb reveals make me wonder...

1 - Theres been lots of talk (and some hints) that Azeroth, going forward, is being positioned (or repositioned / retconned even) to be at the very centre of the cosmic chart. You can see visual depiction/discussion of this in Taliesins video here: https://youtu.be/BhsDlrL0a3c?t=1158
    2 - This position would certainly make Azeroth.... A-"Zereth" (keystone / cornerstone) - uniquely positioned/powerful
    3 - The Primus saying 'death comes for the soul of our world' could be a literal indication that the Jailer (death) is coming for Azeroth (soul of our world). If the Jailer wants to unmake reality, isnt it interesting he would feel the need to specifically come to Azeroth to doso.....?

A few random chains of thought:

- Azeroth is not actually a titan at all, or not 'just a titan' at the least. Despite players ingame being told/led to think so for years now, but is actually going to be eventually revealed (or retconned) to be a First One - maybe the only one remaining/surviving/hiding/gestating - which is what makes her so powerful / sought after / unique on a cosmic scale. Or maybe Azeroth is the only Being positioned/powerful enough in reality to become an avatar for the First Ones, due to its position as a zereth of the cosmic chart.
    - Azeroth is the centre of the cosmic chart (centre of reality). And this makes it uniquely special/powerful, on a cosmic scale, for reasons we players don't yet fully understand. Theres been talk of a 7th cosmic power that perhaps holds/binds the other 6 together... maybe Azeroths central position on the cosmic chart is key to discovering/unlocking/harnessing/understanding/controlling/weaponizing the 7th cosmic force... and maybe this is the reason the Jailer specifically is coming 'for the soul of our world'.
    No, he is coming cuz the titan azeroth is napping n vulnerable, while the other titans r wide awake n have illidan n sargeras where they are.
    That's not exactly the first place one would strike so soon...

- example theory: In cheesy Avengers terms, if Zovaal is wielding the Infinity Stones (Sigils), Azeroth itself might be the Infinity Gauntlet -- empowered via its central cosmic location where the Stones can be activated to destroy 50% of the universe (unmake reality). And before you laugh at that thought, remember that lore mentioned above specifically cites 'a zereth' as either being a keystone/cornerstone.... which is either the central piece of the puzzle, or the most important piece that binds the rest together. So if Zovaal has collected all the Infinity stones, it sure seems possible he would need 'a zereth' to activate them. And if 'zereth mortis' is specifically for the realm of death, then 'azeroth' could be the equivilant for the realm of life.
    That makes no sense. Draenor for example was more fertlie than azeroth, all those genesaurs n evergrowths..

Lol op i half expected u to claim ur main character will be revealed to be an avatar of the one true god of the warcraft universe.
    Maybe we can get a cosmic mission table!!!11 (complete with mobile phone app ofc, u do have phone??

This thread is exactly why warcraft lore needs to be scaled down...i simply didn't give a shit when all that anima went to the maw "when u die u go to the jailer!" Nah d00d, i corpse run.
    "All those souls from no-name worlds will be lost!!11"
    So?

We need down to earth lore again. And what happens to all the dragons now? And we have yet to see their realm.
    What about lore of player races n their lands? But noooooooo, we need to save the universe every xpac now..

In legion we got the best quest experience ever with Suramar, i cared about its citizens more than gul'dan/sargeras wanting some 3 pixel smudge island off the coast..

Quote Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post
    Man, can we just get our simple game back where we go around killing dragons and getting cool shit. This convoluted and hidden lore is getting a little *much* for me.
    Word.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-08-12 at 07:13 AM.

Man, can we just get our simple game back where we go around killing dragons and getting cool shit. This convoluted and hidden lore is getting a little *much* for me.
    Even in a cosmic scale, how much cooler would it be if Azeroth was just a meaningless piece of rock with a bunch of gnolls and other critters getting caught up in the middle of it all? Being being where you're not supposed to be is way more interesting than being part of some ancient plan.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Even in a cosmic scale, how much cooler would it be if Azeroth was just a meaningless piece of rock with a bunch of gnolls and other critters getting caught up in the middle of it all? Being being where you're not supposed to be is way more interesting than being part of some ancient plan.
    That would be kinda fun honestly. Imagine Zovaal going to Azeroth, preparing to awaken the World Soul and consume it, only to realise that it's a rock with absolutely no special powers of any kind. Anticlimactic yes. But also hilarious.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

See, now that's storytelling. His frustration with a montage of random shots around Azeroth with ordinary critters going about their business. That's Azeroth's superpower, it's just ordinary, the champions just unintentionally made it seem like it was this vessel of power completely misdirecting his grande schemes.

5+ Year Old Account
    What's to stop the player from using heart of azeroth necklace n blast zooval a new asshole?

It's still in my bags, yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    What's to stop the player from using heart of azeroth necklace n blast zooval a new asshole?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDVEMWwkT0Y

It's still in my bags, yo!
    Put the necklace on while in the Shadowlands and tell me what it says.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Zooval is in Azeroth now.

yes please, this is especially tiresome when this "convoluted and hidden lore" leads to nowhere and is basically a hollow and shallow cover of a story

Zooval is in Azeroth now.
    No? Where are you getting this from? Zereth Mortis is not Azeroth, it's a realm of the First Ones. Zoval went through a First One's portal.

5+ Year Old Account
    No? Where are you getting this from? Zereth Mortis is not Azeroth, it's a realm of the First Ones. Zoval went through a First One's portal.
    His goal is the azeroth world soul.

Wherever can that be...maybe a little place called Azeroth? Zooval from the first encounter revealed he would kill our titan n our world.

Why u think he would go to some other realm? As if blizz this late in xpac n with everything going on atm. are to create a new planet for u to frolick in? Wishful thinking.

Most likely his first move is to raise galakrond

N he'll take immediate command of the scourge.

Maybe u haven't noticed but this xpac is wotlk 2.0
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-08-12 at 08:47 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    What? It says nothing? What are you talking about? I've checked!

Why u think he would go to some other realm? As if blizz this late in xpac n with everything going on atm. are to create a new planet for u to frolick in? Wishful thinking
    Did you completely the miss conversation in the OP?

This is where 9.2 will take place. I understand he wants to take Azeroth's soul but there are clear indications to where Zovaal is going next. Azeroth could be 9.3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    What? It says nothing? What are you talking about? I've checked!

Vanilla: Stopping an elemental lord from entering our world and killing us all, black dragons (I'll give you that), an old god attacking us, and the undeath (Jailer, more or less) fulfilling his plans for Azeroth.

BC: Stopping the Legion from invading us, stopped em at Outland, stopped Kil'jaden (I'll give you that a little).

Wrath: Stop the undead (Jailer), stop another old god, stop Malygos from blowing up the magic.

Cata: Stop the old gods from taking over.

MoP: Stop the old gods from taking over.

WoD: Stop the Iron Horde and then the Legion.

Legion: Stop the entire Burning Crusade + Sargeras with literally the Titans of the Order.

BfA: stop old gods.

SL: stop death god.

I'd say you have 2 points in Vanilla, 1 point in BC, and WoD. The rest have always been about grand schemes.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

on that note, do we know what aspect the titan in azeroth is?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

5+ Year Old Account

Pretty much same as I have. Erm, sorry about that. I thought the neck is whispering you while you are in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Pretty much same as I have. Erm, sorry about that. I thought the neck is whispering you while you are in Shadowlands.
    Nah, it's about the red line of text.

5+ Year Old Account
    Did you completely the miss conversation in the OP?
    Did u completely miss the state of ActivisionBlizzard in the news? We are not going to some first ones realm as some major patch zone, u should be glad u even get 9.2 at all. U think every location mentioned in lore automatically gets created for wow? I'm still waiting for dragon isles....

The best u can hope for is some instanced quest map that's not even a zone, but has invisible walls (like end time dungeon from cataclysm) n background isn't really there.

9.2 will be northrend, galakrond raid in dragonblight, zooval in icc. Won't be a 9.3, prob no next xpac either.

Won't be a 9.3, prob no next xpac either.
    Oh, you're one of those.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you're one of those.
    Those who live in the real world? That read the news? Get out of the bubble...

Game has been out for 2 decades, u really tell yourself it'll be around for a 3rd with the steady drop in subs, n with recent events in the news n FF14 taking over, it's a tree toppling over n guys like u imagine its as steady as ever? Lol?

U expect some Huuyge announcements next blizzcon xD more likely end of wow.