Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I mean... yeah. That's the point. Lots of fucked up weirdos bitching about why women won't want them without a hint of self-irony.
    Same goes both ways

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Same goes both ways
    That literally makes no sense. Because no one is bitching about being able to get women without a hint of self irony.

The main message with any of this is, if you're struggling to connect with women, you're probably the problem.

They're human beings. Treat them with compassion and empathy, as you would yourself, and you won't have any issues at all.

If you're one of those people who is massively self-hating, then it's no surprise you're struggling with people in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 Points to why removing TCP/IP is bad:

Yep, people still use it. When i was living with a few fellow students we regularely played via lan to not be subject to internet/server issues. This continuned until i moved out 5 years ago - though this may actually be the weakest argument

While it is theoretically possible to get your location, that is very hard, and also it is only a risk if you use it, and even then the actual problem is me telling someone else my ip address. I wouldn't do this to people i don't trust anyway. No need for blizzard to play my nanny. So i suspect that it has more to do with them wanting players to play on b.net to push their MAUs

And maybe the most important: Again, blizzard reverts their promises. I fell into their trap with WC3, but this time i didn't pre-order though i was a bit hyped and think it can get really good - i just wont buy it this time, as they probably will break other promises too.

So that's why i think it's bad. Not so much because of the actual feature, but because of their continuous breaking of promises. And as long as people play this down, it will continue. Maybe next time with a feature that you really liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    That literally makes no sense. Because no one is bitching about being able to get women without a hint of self irony.

The main message with any of this is, if you're struggling to connect with women, you're probably the problem.

They're human beings. Treat them with compassion and empathy, as you would yourself, and you won't have any issues at all.

If you're one of those people who is massively self-hating, then it's no surprise you're struggling with people in general.
    You latched on to one thing i said, twisted it and threw it back. Welcome to discussions 2021

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    People crying for being unable to “lan with friends” in 2021 really make me laugh quite hard.

There is NOONE of you that are crying about this “incredible lack” that will ever lan party with D2, exactly like there would be no one doing this in an hypothetical Quake 3 Arena remake or anything playable in lan 20 years ago.

You are just crying for the sake of crying and saying Blizzard is bad.

Of course they are doing it to limit piracy somehow, as basically EVERY gaming company out there tries to do.
    It's obvious that they are doing this to remove / limit piracy of their product. The problem is that Diablo 2 had been "alive" for so long thanks to mods. Without them, the game such as Diablo 2, which doesn't have any endgame is deemed to fail. Sure, there will be people who will buy it and have fun but they won't be playing the game for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    So it begins. Unfulfilled promises. Diablo 2 will be a failure. But at least Blizzard women are happy, I guess.

When will Mccree be removed from OverWatch?
    TCP/IP support removal means it will be a failure? Please, expand. Were you planning to play it at a friends house who has 128kbit/s DSL connection so it can't support several friends connecting through the internet? Or did you want to get a pirated servers? Don't get me wrong, I have 0 faith in Blizzard at this moment to do anything right, but I have arguments for that too.

7+ Year Old Account
    2021 gender politics is art.. bad art. If you think im fucked up, im certainly far from alone
    yeah we do, because you think slapping random women on the ass is somehow ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    but will MCCREE (the playable character) get removed from overwatch????????????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    why does it matter what they are?
    whole WHITE MALE dev team would be racist, oppresive, boring and whatnot
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    It's obvious that they are doing this to remove / limit piracy of their product. The problem is that Diablo 2 had been "alive" for so long thanks to mods. Without them, the game such as Diablo 2, which doesn't have any endgame is deemed to fail. Sure, there will be people who will buy it and have fun but they won't be playing the game for a long time.
    To be fair thats not their problem. Ideally you buy it and never touch it again so it costs them nothing to run servers unless they manage to put a cashshop into it to milk more.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah we do, because you think slapping random women on the ass is somehow ok.
    No, never said that. You're making assumptions. Im saying its not the end of the world. I'd be pissed too if i was female and guys were doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    literally the whole OW staff is now female, saw the photo on 4chan yday
    most of which are asians, then blacks, then else
    Equality achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I mean, I still play LAN with a friend on a weekly basis. I will never play D2 (Sacred 2 is superior imo), but removing features is never a good thing. A remake has to be better and has to offer more features than the original, otherwise you could just release a high-res texture and animation pack for the old game and call it a day.

Blizzard isn't just bad, they are dishonest. "Security reasons" my ass. Plenty of other modern games release with TCP/IP functionality, without any security concerns. Blizz could just say "we're limiting piracy" and everyone would be somewhat fine. But to praise this as a service to the customer ist a blatant lie. The customer has only disadvantages through this decision.
    It’s not a remake, it’s a remaster. It’s basically the old game with a new layer of graphics, the fact that you can seamlessly switch between old and new graphics is a proof of that.

If you used to lan D2 still today it’s very unfortunate for you and I agree that less features is worse than more feature but I still can’t imagine millions of people in 2021 meeting in a garage everyone with their own pc and monitor to play D2 in LAN like I did ages ago with Quake 3 Arena.

Suprised more people arent talking about Luis and Mccree being gone from D4. Thats kind of a big deal since going by Blizzconline , Luis seemed promising in terms if what Diablo is.

I wont be suprised if every Blizzard Ip is run will be lead by either a person of colour or a woman. That wouldnt be a problem if it wasnt so racist/sexist.

Blizzard is just politics now. Unfortunely I still enjoy their games
    Last edited by GratsDing45; 2021-08-12 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    It really depends on how much fun it is.

I remember I spent years playing with first Diablo doing NG+ one after another forever and ever and that was really fun.

I mean I’m still playing Diablo 3… as I said of course it would have been nice to still have a LAN option but I really doubt in 2021 it’s the key feature for the game to be a success or a fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    Suprised more people arent talking about Luis and Mccree being gone from D4. Thats kind of a big deal since going by Blizzconline , Luis seemed promising in terms if what Diablo is.

I wont be suprised if every Blizzard Ip is run will be lead by either a person of colour or a woman. That wouldnt be a problem if it wasnt so racist/sexist.

Blizzard is just politics now. Unfortunely I still enjoy their games
    Yeh I’m kinda worried for D4 since the development was really promising.

I hope that the replacements will not derail it.

10+ Year Old Account
    "This person is gone, that person has resigned. We've shut this down, we're not doing that, (like we said we were)."

This stuff, all happening, SL sucking, Blizz killing 1month subs, this is ALL going to culminate into the death of WoW.
    Mark my words, gamers. It might not happen "over-night", but it's happening.
    RIP

Same goes both ways
    lol, both sides. Yeah, us well-adjusted people are totally complaining about all the nice women we get to meet because we're not complete assholes.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Also moding and cheating i guess, but who gives a shit what people do locally?
    They all care more and more now because they think it cuts into their already insane year over year profits. If you play locally it is also hard for them to get certain metrics.

The Kotaku article name is really misleading, it says "Jesse McCree, Diablo 4 Director No Longer At Activision Blizzard", you might assume that Jesse is the Diablo 4 director, but he's not. It actually refers to 2 different people, Jesse is a designer on Diablo 4 currently (and Overwatch before that I think), and Luis Barriga is the D4 game director, both of them are gone. I don't care about the D2 TCP/IP stuff, never planned to play it, but holy shit, things are looking bad for D4, it looked promising and was set for 2023ish release, no idea what will happen with it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    The Kotaku article name is really misleading, it says "Jesse McCree, Diablo 4 Director No Longer At Activision Blizzard", you might assume that Jesse is the Diablo 4 director, but he's not. It actually refers to 2 different people, Jesse is a designer on Diablo 4 currently (and Overwatch before that I think), and Luis Barriga is the D4 game director, both of them are gone. I don't care about the D2 TCP/IP stuff, never planned to play it, but holy shit, things are looking bad for D4, it looked promising and was set for 2023ish release, no idea what will happen with it now.
    by the time d4 is out you have lost ark and maybe even poe2. I doubt they could still do better with or without these guys.

tcp/ip was 'important' because there exist some vpn-leagues, where you could join and play together with others in modded versions of the game. The modded community of D2 is bigger than the vanilla one.

This may not be interesting, when the game releases, but at some point blizzard will let D2:R die. (Looking at Wc3:R, D2:R will die before it's finished)

And now Blizzard also removed the chance for the community to fix the game. If D2:R has the same quality as Wc3:R it is dead on arrival with this change.