Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    They set the precedent, hiding behind "it's too much work!" excuse would be very hollow.
    Is Blizzard stance really supposed to be "We remove references to sexual harassers - but only if it's not too much work"?
    I'm sorry to report that the answer is probably yes. Changing a WoW NPC is basically nothing. Replacing a voice actor for a handful of lines isn't nothing but still a drop in the bucket compared to retroactively changing an Overwatch hero's official name. I have a McCree nerf gun sitting on my shelf and it's not like they can patch in a new name on the box.

It's not impossible to think that they'll expand or dilute his canon name so that "Jesse" is just a nickname or whatever but I'm pretty confident he'll always be primarily referred to as "McCree" as far as recognition is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    Blizzards admission and the man who you said committed the acts admission are to very different things don't get them mixed up
    if he did something wrong he should be held responsible as an individual and if he did anything criminal he should be charged
    Blizzard has stated he was fired for having inappropriate interactions with an employee. That's in the public, that's "on the record" blizzard has admitted he as a senior employee did that. Blizzard's culpability for that (i.e how long they knew and did nothing) has yet to be established legally but there is no if with king sex pest, he did some sex pesting.
    you don't know why these senior staff are leaving you are reading a bias "news" article that makes more money from creating drama
    Yes, I said as much in my post (this seems to become a theme with your responses). However, given the context people are absolutely free to postulate as to the reasoning.
    as an "Australian" we have minimum wages set for jobs called "award wages" if you get paid under the rate set by the government you can take legal action to claim any lost wages and its almost impossible to lose in court
    anything over that amount the government doesn't care about
    https://www.fairwork.gov.au/awards-a...list-of-awards
    Yes, I mentioned the award in my post (which btw covers more than just wages it also covers stuff like working conditions, breaks and the like). What does that have to do with the prevalence of salary laddering (which has been the case in every single job I've ever had out side of working at woolies as a kid), collective bargaining agreements?
    It seems like you either didn't understand my point or chose not to engage because it would be difficult to dispute. Also are you not Australian?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    I'm sorry to report that the answer is probably yes. Changing a WoW NPC is basically nothing. Replacing a voice actor for a handful of lines isn't nothing but still a drop in the bucket compared to retroactively changing an Overwatch hero's official name. I have a McCree nerf gun sitting on my shelf and it's not like they can patch in a new name on the box.
    At which point, they are, once again, hypocrites because they put money before their morals and only play to this whole movement when it's not too inconvenient to them.

They did it for Kael'thas' VA, Quinton Flynn, before even any investigation was done and said accusation turned out to be false.

Now they basically fired one of their own over something similiar and when a company fires you over this, they basically make it known that they think you're guilty.

They removed references to Afrasiabi.
    They fired contractors over allegations and rerecorded voicelines with another VA to completely replace him.

The only logical conclusion is to scrub those names also off Blizzard products.
    That's replacing a voice actor.. That's not bringing back plenty of others to redo theirs for one characters name change. Different story.

Changing a voice actor is 1 to 1 change. Mcree is getting 10+ voice actors to redo lines if required. It can happen... Just think its less likely and probably will happen when they create new lines that already require to get them back. Thus costs less but take a little bit more time.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-08-12 at 12:48 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    That's replacing a voice actor.. That's not bringing back plenty of others to redo theirs for one characters name change. Different story.
    No, it's not.

They also rerecorded KT lines from TBC with a new VA, Blizzard usually does not rerecord new voice lines when they replace a VA.
    Medivh flip flops between being voiced by Cam Clarke (TBC and Hearthstone) and Michael Bell (Warcraft 3, Legion and HotS), for example.

They also use the lines of the new VA in TBC Classic (TK is on the PTR right now), that further hammers home the point how Blizzard feels about this situation: They don't give the slightest fuck.
    Changing a voice actor is 1 to 1 change. Mcree is getting 10+ voice actors to redo lines if required. It can happen... Just think its less likely and probably will happen when they create new lines that already require to get them back. Thus costs less but take a little bit more time.
    Yes and that's the precedent they've set with Quinton Flynn, it just costs them more money this time around and the question is whether they're willing to commit to it.

My guess is, they won't unless a shitstorm breaks out over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Weirdly enough, apparently Lecraft supports the walkout.
    each revolution eats its own children

karma is a ......

should have supported bro culture then they wouldnt get let go

15+ Year Old Account
    why do you believe all this?

how do you know it was not happening to men as well?

how do you know u are not being lied to?
    It's in a court case files. It's been investigated. You're pushing Illuminati gay frogs lizard people levels of conspiracy here.

It's pretty obvious to anyone that you've made your own reality where activists infiltrated Blizzard and planted false evidence etc to make Blizzard look bad.

Stop.

It's Blizzard's fault this shit happened. Stop being a Blizzard simp looking to blame problems on literally anyone but Blizzard.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

No, it's not.

They also rerecorded KT lines from TBC with a new VA, Blizzard usually does not rerecord new voice lines when they replace a VA.
    Medivh flip flops between being voiced by Cam Clarke (TBC and Hearthstone) and Michael Bell (Warcraft 3, Legion and HotS), for example.

They also use the lines of the new VA in TBC Classic (TK is on the PTR right now), that further hammers home the point how Blizzard feels about this situation: They don't give the slightest fuck.

Yes and that's the precedent they've set with Quinton Flynn, it just costs them more money this time around and the question is whether they're willing to commit to it.

My guess is, they won't unless a shitstorm breaks out over it.
    Yes they did, still one voice actor. One voice actor doing more certainly costs less than having multiple actors doing less voice lines...

Either way, we see what happens in due time.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Yes they did, still one voice actor. One voice actor doing more certainly costs less than having multiple actors doing less voice lines...
    I never argued about costs, cost in this case are unquestionably higher because they would virtually have to rename a big character in the OW Universe.

My point is that Blizzard set themselves a precedent entirely based on morals, nobody forced their hand to literally remove any trace of Quinton Flynn from the game before even a court case has been held (which by the way, completely exonorated Flynn and he even manged to get a restraining order placed on the accuser), now they have to live up to their own standard.

And especially as they did not restore Flynn to his original role, let alone leave his original work in the game, they must be held up to standard.

If an accusation is enough to completely sever the ties with a contractor and rebuild his work to remove any trace of him, then they must do a lot more work to scrub off the name of an employee that has such (strong) ties to a sexual harassment scandal that warrants a firing.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-12 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I watched a number of chinese movies this year, they were full of asians, not a single white man in sight.
    And i looked over a number of Nollywood movies, there were full of black people (and black women). Again, barely any white people in them.

Could it be that media made in an area usually portrays the majority of people living there? If you want to see asian people in movies or games, why not watch asian movies and play asian games?
    Your point is weird. If I was a minority, I should not have to go to other countries media to see myself represented. Not only that, but america is a gigantic and diverse country. Only 60% of its population is white, sure they are the majority, but it's not as clear cut as you make it out to be. And you should not tell 40% of the country to fuck off and watch some other media.

You treat america's population as if it was purely white, it is very much not, there is no reason for the disproportionate representation of ethnicities.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Fire the abusers, make the company culture better, get back to making good games.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    he was the director tho..
    It's a video game, not a movie. The director as one individual person isn't nearly as important as it sounds.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    https://kotaku.com/jesse-mcree-diabl...ion-1847469113

"Diablo 4 game director Luis Barriga, Blizzard lead level designer Jesse McCree, and World of Warcraft designer Jonathan LeCraft were let go from Blizzard on Wednesday, two sources with knowledge of the move told Kotaku.

The news was delivered to development teams today but has not yet been officially announced. A source confirmed to Kotaku that the three developers’ names are no longer visible in Blizzard’s internal directory. Activision Blizzard did not immediately return a request for comment."

Well, more have been added to the chopping block. I don't think these can be considered sacrificial lambs anymore.
    No, this is called damage control mode. Sack anyone who ever even looked at someone funny because that shows we care right.

Hopefully wow gets back on track and gets away from this elitism esport bs and gets back to being a f'ing mmorpg again ffs.

You know the elitism stems from predator behavior. I don't hate M+, then they time Torgh, it's at its core is a f'ed up design. Keep it as it keeps young players invested but f me don't make it like the be all of the game, and again with raiding ffs why spotlight it as the integral only thing the game has going for it, so same deal.

Droves of players aren't flocking to other mmorpg's, namely the elephant in the room ffxiv, becasue they have esports lmao, it's because they don't, they are mmorpg's.

Yes i raid and i f'ing love raiding but i love rpg questing as much, i do M+ only becasue i am f'ing forced to so i can raid which is f'ed beyond all in know, see the f'ing problem. It's stupid af design. Then to have some rpg love i have to run alts through bfa ffs, smarten the fucking game up Blizz, and looks like it's finally starting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    Could be from the lawsuit, could be from designing 2 expansion with mass exodus of players, at least the WoW people. Whatever the reason I hope it will prosper better expansions in the future, wow isn't that far gone yet
    Yeah wow is miles ahead of all mmorpg's, combat has weight, feels awesome, where ffxiv is floaty feels horrible, i think they are dumping people that are destroying the game from the inside. I mean esports, really, what kinda clown even thought that was good idea for an mmorpg.

People are leaving in droves to other mmorpg's, namely that elephant in the room ffxiv, and not becasue it's an esport lmao, becasue IT'S """"NOT"""" A F'ING ESPORT FFS, i mean f me you don't have to be a f'ing rocket scientist to figure out common sense.

I do it all, and yeah when i rpg i feel like second rate player, i don't matter because i don't raid or run M+ like a hamster, i raid yes, i love raiding, but i seriously don't want to be forced to run M+ so i can raid, or get KSM for a mount, that all breeds elitism behavior.

They put way too much spotlight on raiding and M+, which just makes rpg players feel like they don't matter, i mean no wonder people take their money elsewhere.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont care about blizzard i would rather the whole company collapse and get sold off

i care about innocent people getting blamed for something they did not do
    i care about innocent people getting attacked for made up bullshit reasons
    Wait, you dont care about the victims of sexual harassment?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    They put way too much spotlight on raiding and M+, which just makes rpg players feel like they don't matter, i mean no wonder people take their money elsewhere.
    Haven't they always done that though? They have actually put more of a spotlight on other things over the years as the stuff to do outside of raiding has steadily increased. It is why some say there are "chores" to do now rather then just raid logging like back in the day. It is always interesting how different players think different things are the core issues including when they are conflicting.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont care about blizzard i would rather the whole company collapse and get sold off i care about innocent people getting blamed for something they did not do i care about innocent people getting attacked for made up bullshit reasons
    Those are conflicting ideas. By having the entire company collapse and get sold off you are hurting innocent people.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Hopefully wow gets back on track and gets away from this elitism esport bs and gets back to being a f'ing mmorpg again ffs.

You know the elitism stems from predator behavior. I don't hate M+, then they time Torgh, it's at its core is a f'ed up design. Keep it as it keeps young players invested but f me don't make it like the be all of the game, and again with raiding ffs why spotlight it as the integral only thing the game has going for it, so same deal.

Droves of players aren't flocking to other mmorpg's, namely the elephant in the room ffxiv, becasue they have esports lmao, it's because they don't, they are mmorpg's.

Yes i raid and i f'ing love raiding but i love rpg questing as much, i do M+ only becasue i am f'ing forced to so i can raid which is f'ed beyond all in know, see the f'ing problem. It's stupid af design. Then to have some rpg love i have to run alts through bfa ffs, smarten the fucking game up Blizz, and looks like it's finally starting.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah wow is miles ahead of all mmorpg's, combat has weight, feels awesome, where ffxiv is floaty feels horrible, i think they are dumping people that are destroying the game from the inside. I mean esports, really, what kinda clown even thought that was good idea for an mmorpg.

People are leaving in droves to other mmorpg's, namely that elephant in the room ffxiv, and not becasue it's an esport lmao, becasue IT'S """"NOT"""" A F'ING ESPORT FFS, i mean f me you don't have to be a f'ing rocket scientist to figure out common sense.

I do it all, and yeah when i rpg i feel like second rate player, i don't matter because i don't raid or run M+ like a hamster, i raid yes, i love raiding, but i seriously don't want to be forced to run M+ so i can raid, or get KSM for a mount, that all breeds elitism behavior.

I love FFXIV but i have to agree with you, their combats feels very floaty alright. They get a lot right, with positionals and combos, but combat in FF feels like i am pressing jeys underwater somehow.

I lost count on how many times i pressed hallowed ground and I die, even though i have the buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    the company already has cancer its not going to recover unless the culture in CA changes and that's not going to happen
    So then there is no reason to be upset that some people are being fired if you are fine with everyone being fired. Arguing for both is contradictory.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

5+ Year Old Account
    no need for activists and pointless protests
    Now this does look as something that someone from, idk, the CCP might say. You saw it here folks, Daish is the person who decides which activism is right and which isn't, which protests are pointless and which aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    innocent people being attacked falsely for the sake of virtue points and a company failing because it has been infected with a cancerous culture are two very different things
    No it is not. You want innocent people to be harmed by having the entire company collapse and be sold off. The amusing part is the people that are being fired are not actually innocent hence why they have cause to be fired. Stop trying to make this about guilt or innocence when it is all about you just raging and justifying harming innocents when it aligns with you view.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    innocent people being attacked falsely for the sake of virtue points and a company failing because it has been infected with a cancerous culture are two very different things

you cant really just remove cancer once its there that's why cancer is such a bad thing

there is no cure for cancer but you can defend innocent people
    You can literally remove cancer by cutting it out, if in this case sexual harassment is the cancer the firing those doing it would be the same as how you treat cancer.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-08-12 at 04:11 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.