Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, i dont watch streams and i have been playing swtor and ARR since FarmLands came out, having a blast with both stories and games.

Suddently like 2 months ago hundreds of videos popped out of nowhere filled with the most various gammers and streamers that have revitalized and hyped both games to an unexpected point.

Now both games are much better than 6 months ago, cuz u know, same besutifull stories and games now filled with noobies everywhere willing to explore, learn, make mistakes, laugh and have fun together because surprisingly are mmos

From my POV, thanks streamers

PS: thanks blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Nah, more like " If you help others when it's easy but sit and do nothing when it's difficult you don't get to prance on a high horse ".

Boycotting Blizzard is easy, especially now. Let's see your morals when they actually cost you something.
    I touch on this in my lectures. There's very little incentive to give something up, when there's nothing to gain (read: popularity points).
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    I touch on this in my lectures. There's very little incentive to give something up, when there's nothing to gain (read: popularity points).
    I despise people who are idealists when it's safe and convenient. But I also find it ridiculous how people make that assumption about me without knowing anything about my personal life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Another fine example of people only seeing two extreme options. Sadly, its the norm, at least around here. It makes it impossible to have a genuine conversation at times.
    Practically everything gets framed as a binary choice at some point. It's complete BS. There's always grey. In fact, most everything is just different shades of grey.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I liked LEGIONS peak in M+ and PVP streaming.

Good players with enjoyable attitude showed not only high end gameplay but also how they are able to sustain this level for 10+ hours.
    It was entertaining for those forced WORLD-RAID-TOURS (legendary drop-luck-protection farming), for grinding AP and for all the other shores that LEGION introduced to keep people bussy.

Drama/negativity streamers are neither healthy for the game nor really enjoyable by actual players, because usually they talk bullshit and overblow minor issues to get some discussion topics, because they dont play the game at a level that could be interesting enough for the audience.

CLASSIC WOW for streaming was all I hoped for to be honest. It attracted the right streamers and I hope they burned their retail audience enough to not come back.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    He is so successful because when you look at him you see an average player. He doesn't live like a rich guy, he drives a shabby car and has a humble life. People can relate to his lifestyle. His highlight of the week is getting some Spicy McNuggets, just like what millions of other people enjoy. It's crazy that so many famous people opt-in to live above the average person when they could be even more successful to just mimic the life of the average and be relatable and thus have more reach.
    Asmongold's foundation was built on griefing people in WoW. I don't care if people say "He's not like that now" because his entire fanbase is mostly trolls. This is the same guy that encouraged his fans to spam /spit on any player they see using a store mount.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Asmongold's foundation was built on griefing people in WoW. I don't care if people say "He's not like that now" because his entire fanbase is mostly trolls. This is the same guy that encouraged his fans to spam /spit on any player they see using a store mount.
    100%

Also he's a good example of a hypocrite who's shifting and softening his views since the world is changing around him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Because League of Legends literally had 6 years of growth on them -- and when Blizzard lost the Dota 2 lawsuit, their plan for a MOBA literally got jettison'd.

Lets not also forget that HotS had to be rebranded twice, its eSports died immediately after BlizzCon, and suffered from immense amount of server issues because they decided to use the SC2 server instead of making a brand new client.

When Dota 2 came out, the MOBA window was closed. The market got so saturated and the newest fad was taking off (battle royales) -- its why most MOBAs released after Dota 2 are dead games. Blizzard got fucked out of the competition because of Dota 2 and Valve pulling the rug out from under them.
    So? Who gives a fuck. Blizzard had a history of taking genres and even games that were not their own, putting their own twist and original spin on it, and making it ten times better than the competition. Why is it that modern Blizzard can take any genre or game these days, and make it ten times WORSE?

Blizzard is being carried by their reputation and the loyal fans who have been Stockholm'd into sticking around. If they were a brand new company, they'd fail within a month.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tooshie View Post
    100%

Also he's a good example of a hypocrite who's shifting and softening his views since the world is changing around him.
    He's also moving to FF14 and they ban people HARD who are toxic in the community.

Because this Blizzard BS is going on for years and at some point it was just one thing too many.

In-between a weak 9.1 that's somehow supposed to last 6-8 months, the whole lawsuit allegations and Blizzard execs and employees taking to Twitter guilt tripping and trash talking community and influencers as if we/they are the problem and not their toxic work ethics. And this constant Ion's lawyerspeak trying to justify bad and undercooked systems they keep churning out that they inevitably have to spend a year to fix and redo to get rid of obvious flaws, because they can't fathom being wrong.

Yeah, guess what - people get fed up with that. This lack of respect towards their customers, this patronizing attitude that is completely unwarranted given their recent achievements and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It's pretty obvious most of it riding a bandwagon for views. None of those people actually found a game that happened this year to be perfect or suddenly realized wow is "bad" so what's happening here is that they think that hate for wow sells and they jump on a bandwagon of the streamer culture in the hope they'll get their subs count higher.
    Yeah, it's impossible that streamers have morals and the recent scandals were the final nail in the coffin. Right?

Can you fanboy any more than this?
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

3+ Year Old Account
    They will be back because most of their viewers are WoW players. Money is money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    So? Who gives a fuck. Blizzard had a history of taking genres and even games that were not their own, putting their own twist and original spin on it, and making it ten times better than the competition. Why is it that modern Blizzard can take any genre or game these days, and make it ten times WORSE?
    Has nothing to do with modern Blizz -- Heroes of the Storm literally came out 3 years too late to the party when people started moving onto the next fad.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    They will be back because most of their viewers were WoW players. Money is money.
    At least in part. And if you adhere to the "greedy streamer" stereotype, then it would seem that they evidently make more money with other games, namely FF14, rather than with WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    At least in part. And if you adhere to the "greedy streamer" stereotype, then it would seem that they evidently make more money with other games, namely FF14, rather than with WoW.
    This is what makes me laugh about those people in denial.

They play the card of, "Oh well of course they'll be back because all they care about is money and views!" and apparently are ignorant of or just deliberately lying about the fact that most of the biggest streamers who swapped from WoW to FF14 have done better in terms of views and donations far more than they ever have at their peak playing WoW.

So they lose on the moral argument and they lose on their own selfish argument as well.

It's pretty obvious most of it riding a bandwagon for views. None of those people actually found a game that happened this year to be perfect or suddenly realized wow is "bad" so what's happening here is that they think that hate for wow sells and they jump on a bandwagon of the streamer culture in the hope they'll get their subs count higher.
    Most streamers left because Retail is boring and so is TBC Classic. They aren't going to play a game they don't enjoy for ever decreasing viewers, when they can switch to a new game for a little and try to bring in new viewers to their content. And who knows, they might even enjoy a game that isn't WoW. THE HORROR!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooshie View Post
    100%

Otherwise known as learning and growing as a person.

A lot of the criticism has the delusion that WoW is that much different while no much has changed (ever). E.g. Preach is spearheading the criticism (and it's picked up by Asmongold) that supposedly tier sets were so amazing because they changed your rotation and all that.
    Well guess what: tier sets were also COMPLETELY LOST after the expansion (or even the "season"): AND they often needed a lot of grinding or randomness.
    Can't really recall any times that a tier set changed my rotation. Occasionally it would offer alternative little gimmicks, like pondering whether running away to leap back to get a buffed ravage was worth it. But nothing major.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

This isn't a trend, but streamers have been doing all the time, jumping on a game that's currently hyped even if they don't enjoy playing it themselves.
    Currently, FFXIV is so popular to stream, because of Asmongold so a lot of streamers jumped on there as well.

That being said though, FFXIV alone is a fun ingame, but I really don't see the appeal in any of these streamers rn.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I really don't see the appeal in any of these streamers rn.
    ff14 biggest point is story and you can consume story watching someone else at much lower effort than actively playing.