View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Almost any; one major news-website kind-of-exception is "The Local"; https://www.thelocal.de/

But that is an actual news-organization with actual news - and an idea of what to promote (local news in English; for tourists, workers abroad, and generally interested persons).
    Also, "The Local" is hosted on domains for the country of origion. For Sweden it's theocal.se, the netherlands .nl, etc.
    Not commercial US domains.
    - Lars

15+ Year Old Account
    Almost any; one major news-website kind-of-exception is "The Local"; https://www.thelocal.de/

But that is an actual news-organization with actual news - and an idea of what to promote (local news in English; for tourists, workers abroad, and generally interested persons).
    Agreed, almost any, though the domain is from the respective country for obvious reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

making accounts to play the oppressed victim lol.

what do you think about those non tariff barriers then buddy?

10+ Year Old Account
    This forum has rules against ban evasion.

It’s painfully obvious to just about anyone not drinking the persecution complex koolaid why you’re getting repeatedly banned.

If I were banned for "perceived mod bias" I'd actually just leave and not waste my time here.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    what was your main account
    Who cares. Just report it, and let the loser make another account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like Dribbles could benefit from visiting Lush.

Well would you look at that. The one thing that dribbles could talk about being better in the UK (even if it actually had nothing to do with Brexit) and we haven't even got that any more.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-rollout-slows

Looks like the Brexiteer morons running the country can't even take advantage of a head-start. We still get overtaken by the clearly more organised and better led EU in the end.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58146039

Vodafone joins the list of groups that are bringing back roaming charges.

Emergency powers required for lorry queues as a result of Brexit are being made permanent.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...made-permanent

All those people in Kent that voted for Brexit; we fucking warned you, you fucking morons. Enjoy having huge lorry parks in your formally beautiful countryside. Another one to add to the ever growing list of Brexit downsides, while we wait with baited breath for dribbles to return with more fantasy "benefits".

Shame really, we won't be able to see all those Brexit unicorns galloping over the hills because the view will be covered with 16 wheelers.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Emergency powers required for lorry queues as a result of Brexit are being made permanent.

All those people in Kent that voted for Brexit; we fucking warned you, you fucking morons. Enjoy having huge lorry parks in your formally beautiful countryside. Another one to add to the ever growing list of Brexit downsides, while we wait with baited breath for dribbles to return with more fantasy "benefits".

Shame really, we won't be able to see all those Brexit unicorns galloping over the hills because the view will be covered with 16 wheelers.
    The UK hasn't even started to properly check lorries coming into the UK from the EU either.

People in Kent having to deal with this is a major leopards ate my face moment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58146039

Vodafone joins the list of groups that are bringing back roaming charges.
    Great news for Vodafone shareholders, that'd be the majority of anyone with a pension in the UK. And let's face it if affording a quid a day is a problem you aint going to Europe from the UK in any case.

Ahh yes those numerous lost tourists to that beauty and national landmark formerly known as RAF Manston in the garden of England sure hate seeing a brownfield site being put to good use. /sigh

So far in both of the above you have remainers pre referendum predicting Brexit end of days type scenarios and we have now the best they can cite as a pound a day cost and a derelict UK airfield being brought back into use creating employment and securing our borders.

Both examples are Brexit benefits from my side, why should I post any more when you do it so ably for me?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Both examples are Brexit benefits from my side, why should I post any more when you do it so ably for me?
    War is Peace, etc. etc.

Not much point debating with someone genuinely working with doublethink.

And a nice large LOL at your "post any more". You literally haven't posted a single benefit that exists outside of your own mind. Your delusions about how great Brexit is don't count. Sorry.

Pretty poor effort dribbles. Must do better.

Great news for Vodafone shareholders, that'd be the majority of anyone with a pension in the UK. And let's face it if affording a quid a day is a problem you aint going to Europe from the UK in any case.

Ahh yes those numerous lost tourists to that beauty and national landmark formerly known as RAF Manston in the garden of England sure hate seeing a brownfield site being put to good use. /sigh

So far in both of the above you have remainers pre referendum predicting Brexit end of days type scenarios and we have now the best they can cite as a pound a day cost and a derelict UK airfield being brought back into use creating employment and securing our borders.

Bring it on, we will sink that ship everytime. By the power of love and facts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Bring it on, we will sink that ship everytime. By the power of love and facts.
    How about debunking this one then...Great news from the ONS yesterday who reported UK exports to the EU are 20% higher than they were five years ago just prior to the Brexit referendum. I'm sure someone, no several here posted at that time in a vain attempt to get us to remain:-

"Remember when you were told our exports to the EU would fall off a cliff if you voted Leave?"

https://facts4eu.org/news/2021_aug_UK_exports_soar

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    How about debunking this one then...Great news from the ONS yesterday who reported UK exports to the EU are 20% higher than they were five years ago just prior to the Brexit referendum. I'm sure someone, no several here posted at that time in a vain attempt to get us to remain:-

"Remember when you were told our exports to the EU would fall off a cliff if you voted Leave?"

So you're back to where you were prior to 2021, well done, took only months to get everything on track. So exports fell off a cliff and rebound.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Sigh. You don't get it dribbles, and you never will.

Exports to the EU went up. Despite Covid, despite all the additional red-tape that Brexit has placed in the way of any poor fucker trying to make a living from exporting things to the EU, they still managed to go up. But exporting things to the EU is unequivocally harder, more time consuming and more expensive than they used to be. And Brexit has done that.

So we have to ask ourselves two questions. Did Brexit cause this increase in exports to the EU? Would the increase have actually been higher if Brexit hadn't happened? There is nothing I've seen in the brief scan of actual articles about this (rather than the pathetically biased shit you just linked) that suggests Brexit is responsible for this increase. And that fact that exporting is harder and more expensive that it used to be, there is every reason to presume that the increase would have been larger if Brexit hadn't happened.

But you'll ignore all of that and carry on wittering on about how Brexit is wonderful and made us all rich and happy etc. etc.

But answer me this; if Brexit has made our country so brilliant at exporting, why have our exports to the rest of the world just dropped? Surely if you're going to randomly assign good outcomes to Brexit, shouldn't that also be responsible for the bad outcomes? Or are you going to blame that drop on something else, since Brexit couldn't possibly be the reason in your world?

In short; you're talking bollocks again dribbles, and outside of your circle of similarly delusional "friends", nobody is going to fall for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sigh. You don't get it dribbles, and you never will.

Exports to the EU went up. Despite Covid, despite all the additional red-tape that Brexit has placed in the way of any poor fucker trying to make a living from exporting things to the EU, they still managed to go up. But exporting things to the EU is unequivocally harder, more time consuming and more expensive than they used to be. And Brexit has done that.

So we have to ask ourselves two questions. Did Brexit cause this increase in exports to the EU? Would the increase have actually been higher if Brexit hadn't happened? There is nothing I've seen in the brief scan of actual articles about this (rather than the pathetically biased shit you just linked) that suggests Brexit is responsible for this increase. And that fact that exporting is harder and more expensive that it used to be, there is every reason to presume that the increase would have been larger if Brexit hadn't happened.

But you'll ignore all of that and carry on wittering on about how Brexit is wonderful and made us all rich and happy etc. etc.

But answer me this; if Brexit has made our country so brilliant at exporting, why have our exports to the rest of the world just dropped? Surely if you're going to randomly assign good outcomes to Brexit, shouldn't that also be responsible for the bad outcomes? Or are you going to blame that drop on something else, since Brexit couldn't possibly be the reason in your world?

In short; you're talking bollocks again dribbles, and outside of your circle of similarly delusional "friends", nobody is going to fall for it.
    You have to look at it in the round though, as even your favourite source has done in this article from yesterday.

"Between April and June, the UK grew at more than double the rate of the 2% in the eurozone and faster than the US, which grew at a quarterly rate of just over 1.5%."

And as Brexiteer Dishi Rishi says quite rightly in it, "With the fastest quarterly growth rate among the G7 economies, we have exceeded expectations" the expectations of project fear remainers most certainly.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...afes-reopening

You do have to ask the question if UK trade exports to the EU are 20% greater outside of the bloc than inside, as is the case now, who in their right mind would want to pay those extortionate EU club fees to be worse off? Not me. It's a brexit good news story, yet another brexit benefit if you will, and not even you can spin it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So you're back to where you were prior to 2021, well done, took only months to get everything on track. So exports fell off a cliff and rebound.
    Not really, you should assume that everything lies4brexit writes is misleading in each and every aspect.

The exports of goods were previously on an upward trajectory (similarly in the EU - with a 2.6% yearly growth), so they are not back to pre-2021 levels, but to levels seen additional years back. With a normal 2.6% yearly increasing reaching levels seen 5 years ago in reality means a 12% drop. (The EU also fell back, in 2020 it fell back to 2016 levels in terms of export, due to covid-19.)

However, there is another bold lie - the numbers are not numbers for exports, but numbers for exports in goods. You remember that the uk had a large focus on services, not goods, and the agreement with the EU mainly covers goods - not services, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really, you should assume that everything lies4brexit writes is misleading in each and every aspect.

The exports of goods were previously on an upward trajectory (similarly in the EU - with a 2.6% yearly growth), so they are not back to pre-2021 levels, but to levels seen additional years back. With a normal 2.6% yearly increasing reaching levels seen 5 years ago in reality means a 12% drop. (The EU also fell back, in 2020 it fell back to 2016 levels in terms of export, due to covid-19.)

However, there is another bold lie - the numbers are not numbers for exports, but numbers for exports in goods. You remember that the uk had a large focus on services, not goods, and the agreement with the EU mainly covers goods - not services, right?
    I didn't really put much into it, it's just dribbles posting very specific information that might look great but is probably just bullshit anyway so yeah. Without any comparison to pre-covid or pre-brexit years it's a useless comparison.