Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Maybe this is all part of an episode of Undercover Boss where one of the First Ones disguises themselves as an underling in the Shadowlands in order to clean house and set things straight.

EDIT: On a second thought I wouldn't put it past the writers to pull some deus ex machina like this in the next expansion.
    This is actually funny. Considering a rogue sneaky First One. I would laugh so hard if something like this would come out. It’s always better than this sad Jailer’s reality. Himself wanting to undo things where really it’s impossible and at the end he will just doom himself.

One, the Winter queen , is in her covenant zone, safeguarding the new "heart of the forrest".
    One, the Kyrian, is pretty much still recovering from her wound, while changing how her covenant works on the funademntal level
    One, the Venthyr, was just sealed away in a sword, which i belive was stolen by dreadlords.
    And the last one, the Necrolord, just got "reanimated" and is trying to make sense of Kothria's findings.

All of them pretty much sent their forces to battle it out in the maw... as pretty much a distraction... while "us happy few" tackle the main foretress...

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Welcome back, fellas.

So, as you can see the last Chapter literally starts with Thrall and Jaina showing up after the end of the raid.

This literally means that during the previous chapters the raid was going on simultaniously.
    Which makes absolutely no sense so don't be butthurt that people argued against something that sounded dumb. What are we, some omnipotent beings who can clone themselves and be fixing problems at different places sumilatneously? Or is Blizzard trying to tell us we were raiding Torghast and from time to time went on a lunch break to do shit for the covenants and Korthia? I literally facepalmed when we talked to the Primus and he said "your allies are returning from Torghast, let's hear their report" HELLO I WAS THERE TOO YOU DUMBASS. And btw the fight ended in Oribos. And Bolvar was there too, yet only Jaina and Thrall come out of the portal while Bolvar is already there.

Thank you for attending my TED talk. Next time, pay attention to the actual lore you're arguing against.
    There's nothing to pay attention to when the story is a literal mess of inconsistency. It's the blizz writers who should start paying attention and stay consistent AT LEAST within a story of the same patch. Our fault was having faith that the story and its timeline would resemble of any logic - we were wrong.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2021-08-11 at 09:57 AM.

That does sound like the writers unintentionally integrated gameplay mechanics, including timegating into their lore. lmao.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    That does sound like the writers unintentionally integrated gameplay mechanics, including timegating into their lore. lmao.
    Well, I always thought that most raids were meant to last a few weeks to months in lore, not just one raid night.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Which makes absolutely no sense so don't be butthurt that people argued against something that sounded dumb. What are we, some omnipotent beings who can clone themselves and be fixing problems at different places sumilatneously? Or is Blizzard trying to tell us we were raiding Torghast and from time to time went on a lunch break to do shit for the covenants and Korthia? I literally facepalmed when we talked to the Primus and he said "your allies are returning from Torghast, let's hear their report" HELLO I WAS THERE TOO YOU DUMBASS. And btw the fight ended in Oribos. And Bolvar was there too, yet only Jaina and Thrall come out of the portal while Bolvar is already there.

There's nothing to pay attention to when the story is a literal mess of inconsistency. It's the blizz writers who should start paying attention and stay consistent AT LEAST within a story of the same patch. Our fault was having faith that the story and its timeline would resemble of any logic - we were wrong.
    You do know that player characters are non-canon, right?
    In the lore we are mentioned as adventurers at best. There are MANY adventurers.

I didn't hear a sorry in there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Welcome back, fellas.

So, as you can see the last Chapter literally starts with Thrall and Jaina showing up after the end of the raid.

This literally means that during the previous chapters the raid was going on simultaniously.

Thank you for attending my TED talk. Next time, pay attention to the actual lore you're arguing against.
    How you think that proves you're right is beyond me.

We get the quest to beat sylvanas, and then at the end of the entire campaign, she's finally defeated.

Did you think they were just screwing around in there for that long, or what?
    Coz the entire point of the quests was to stop Zovaal from even reaching Oribos. The fact that thrall was in both situations is enough to realize "okay this isn't going on at the same time"

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Wait, so SoD canonically takes place after the events of a campaign which is timegated until AFTER the raid has already unlocked and been cleared? Who the hell thought this one through?
    Not after, meanwhile. While some on the Maw Walkers are working on recreating the new sigils, others are assaulting the SoD. That looks clear at the end, when you just return from restoring the last one and Thrall and Jaina come in with the bad news from SoD.

It's made like this to not timegate the opening of the raid. Originally, they timegated the raids to chronologically match the events of the campaigns (Anh'qiraj, Sunwell Plateau, etc.). But due to people going "gotta go fast!!!" and wanting to burn through content on first week, they removed the raids timegatings and attunements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forestille View Post
    Interesting, thanks. What confuses me about this part of the plot is that the Primus has already been rescued, i.e. he knows that it was his sigil that the Jailer was looking for in Korthia, and that he now has it. Therefore he knows that the only remaining target is the Arbiter, and yet he stays in Korthia defending ... what exactly?

Anyway I hope it will be explained later in the campaign.
    It all happens in parallel in a matter of minutes/hours:
    - Zovaal gets the final sigil and goes back to SoD.
    - Primus goes to Khortia to see what was happening there.
    - One group of MW go to SoD to stop Sylv and Zovaal.
    - Other MW go to recreate the sigils.
    - A 3rd group stays with the Primus, helping to investigate Khortia and help with the Maw incursions.
    - Primus team discovers Zovaal's plan, Sigil team comes back with the restored sigils, SoD team comes back with the bad news from the raid. All 3 almost at the same time.
    Last edited by pacotaco; 2021-08-13 at 10:11 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    the whole campaign feels like it should be akin to 7.1 Suramar Insurrection, which ended up with a quest to defeat Gul'Dan and was available before Nighthold was opened.
    My take on this is that SoD was originally planned to open during 9.1.5, but since 9.1 was badly delayed, they had to release it with the raid already opened. However, all of the questlines were already set in stone, so we have this weird narrative 'desynchronisation' , so to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    My take on this is that SoD was originally planned to open during 9.1.5, but since 9.1 was badly delayed, they had to release it with the raid already opened. However, all of the questlines were already set in stone, so we have this weird narrative 'desynchronisation' , so to speak.
    Yep, I can see it being an initial plan. Would make sense for us to storm the Jailer's base ONLY after we've made sure other Shadowlands realms were safe through recreated sigils. Would make sense for Korthia to be even relevant - it would be needed up until the end of campaign, and not only for the first chapters like it's live.

The final chapter should actually be a chain started by the compass Anduin drops in the cinematic - it should have been an interactive object that we can click to receive the item and the quest. We watch the vision, we report what's happened to the Primus, he forges the sigils together.

Yeah, now that you mentioned it, it really feels like the timeline of the 9.1 campaign was tweaked because of the delays.