Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    It did not look good at all what so ever at first. First images and videos they had did not capture the visual essence of what made Warcraft III so appealing.
    The point is, that the hype was still very much there. Just like it's in Diablo 2.

And we see the same critique in Diablo 2, now too. Just take a look at how people reacted when they saw what the classes look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Can they? Of course, they have both the money and the talent to do the version from Blizzcon 2018.
    Will they? 99% that no even if to get public off their asses now, as a gesture of goodwill and apology to fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

They can; they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    /snip
    Nah, that's taken up by Half Life 3.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Five percent chance? Maybe, maybe. If Vicarious Visions shifts their sights to fixing up WC3R after finishing D2R, then maybe. Otherwise? Not a fucking chance.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT PREORDER ANY BLIZZARD GAMES. I will never be doing this again. They've burned us too many times. Do not trust them. All it takes is waiting a week or two after a game releases to know if it's shit or not, as well as to avoid major launch bugs and stress time.

Please, I urge everyone to not preorder anything from them anymore. Hurt them in their wallets, where it counts.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So we are so far down the rabbit hole that we are wanting a remake of a remake?

FFS people...
    People wouldn't want them to redo it if they hadn't monumentally fucked it up. Honestly, at this point, I'd settle for being able to play the old game, on the old client, on the old Battle.net again. Just turn everything back on and let people play the old game...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    can Blizzard completely remake Warcraft III Reforged?!
    They're a multi-billion dollar company. Ofcourse they can. But they won't. The prestige WC3 and Blizzard used to have doesn't matter to the suits. All the suits care about is money. Western executives would never do what Square Enix did with FFXIV 1.0 and remake a game to save face and salvage the integrity of their franchise. The suits won't care and will continue running the company and the integrity of its IPs into the ground until there is nothing left to milk, and then they will move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I bet there would be still enough of naive people preordering to make tons of money on them, LOL.
    At this point, Blizzard is too big to fail. Like with Pokemon and Star Wars, there are enough consoomers with no standards that they will continue eating up and shill for whatever franchise product is shoveled out. They worship their franchises and refuse to let it go, no matter how shitty the products they are getting and despite the fact that all of the people who worked on the original and made the franchise what it was have long since left. Blizzard could release a brand new game next month and it'd still sell millions.

Could they? Of course, they have the resources. Are they going to? Never in a million years. You think they care about you? Me? Their customers in general? If they did, they wouldn't have butchered it the first time around. Unless they get pressured by investors (And only god knows why investors ever would do that.) or they find a way to heavily monetize it, it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Don't preorder anything. It's like buying plant seeds in the winter with the premise it'll grown into the most beautiful flowers ever during summer. See the plant first and then buy the plant.
    Sadly, people never learn this lesson.

Mass Effect 3
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out
    wth it was a scam. I've learned my lesson. Never preorder!

Aliens Colonial Marines
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Bioshock Infinite
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

No Man's Sky
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Halo Master Chief Collection
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

The Division
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Fallout 4
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

FFXV
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

MGSV
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Nu Star Wars Battlefront
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Fallout 76
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Mass Effect Andromeda
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Anthem
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Pokemon Sword & Shield
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Cyperbunk 2077
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

People will still preorder Diablo 2. And if it turns out to be shit... they will say "wth it was a scam! I learned my lesson."... and they'll preorder the next game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    People will still preorder Diablo 2. And if it turns out to be shit... they will say "wth it was a scam! I learned my lesson."... and they'll preorder the next game anyway.
    People enjoy D3 seasons and thats a very low bar to hit with D2R.

If the game is running and the servers are running it will be fine.

I dont even care about the graphics, just a simple gear reset alone makes it fun, all they have to do is keep huge bugs out of the game that would cause constant crashes.

Lots of drama in this thread for no reason, its just an action-RPG, the bar is as low as it can be.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether they can, and whether they will, are two wholly different questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    The point is, that the hype was still very much there. Just like it's in Diablo 2.

And we see the same critique in Diablo 2, now too. Just take a look at how people reacted when they saw what the classes look like.
    Warcraft III Reforged actually looked like dog shit from the start though, not sure what they were hyped for. I haven't been following Diablo 2 resurrected to weigh in an opinion on that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I wish people stopped pre-ordering. It's a cancer on the already awful video games industry. They don't have to put effort into making good games. Just good looking games. And that's what we have right now. Hell, sometimes barely even that. Good looking trailers for the games. That's what we have. And it's all our fault, too.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-08-13 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I'm talking about completely scrapping the current game because we all know it's garbage and creating a worthy Warcraft III Remaster that has the same love and care put into it like it's D2 counterpart.

Is this possible? Is there even a 5 percent chance?
    Never going to happen. Blizzard will do the best they can to forget about how WC3 Reforged ended up and hope we also do. Its going to sit there in the launcher forever as it is.

I mean, they have even given up on SC2. A game that is not a remaster.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish people stopped pre-ordering. It's a cancer on the already awful video games industry. They don't have to put effort into making good games. Just good looking games. And that's what we have right now. Hell, sometimes barely even that. Good looking trailers for the games. That's what we have. And it's all our fault, too.
    Oh yes indeed. Pre orders ruins the quality of the games. The companies probably bet on that most players wont bother with refund, and I bet alot of people dont do it. People just pre order, get hyped, game is shit, still plays it a bit, gets bored, uninstall.

These days developers dont even need to launch a good game. If they have a good idea/concept, you have something to show for the players and it works OKish, they can just keep it in beta state forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    If they didn't do a lot of the post launch shit this would of just been a crappy remaster that everyone just kinda shrugged off like the XBOX Conker's Bad Fur Day or the 3DS Zelda games

but they broke the cardinal rule and fucked with the original.
    Thats pretty much nonsense.

Bugs? So remake entire game because of post launch bugs?
    Missing feature? So waste tons of time to remake entire game to implement missing stuff?
    Visual aspects? So again waste tons of time to change visual style?

Get real. People overhyped it like it was sole savior of gaming industry and when they got mediocre remake (we all know WC3R wasn't going to be anything more) they got mad.

Now it became failed venture and its not gonna be ressurected again.

Same thing will happen with D2R
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Zero.

While the developers might want to do it, the publishers will most definitely not be in board.

And let's not celebrate D2 just yet. Warcraft III Reforged looked really good at first, too. And then it didn't.
    Dude. Lot's of streamers, including people like SkillUp played the beta and praised it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Five percent chance? Maybe, maybe. If Vicarious Visions shifts their sights to fixing up WC3R after finishing D2R, then maybe. Otherwise? Not a fucking chance.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT PREORDER ANY BLIZZARD GAMES. I will never be doing this again. They've burned us too many times. Do not trust them. All it takes is waiting a week or two after a game releases to know if it's shit or not, as well as to avoid major launch bugs and stress time.

Please, I urge everyone to not preorder anything from them anymore. Hurt them in their wallets, where it counts.
    Vicarious team is working on D4 also. So maybe after D4 OW2, but I honestly doubt it, unless some devs will make it their side project.