Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    So you talk about stockholm syndrome while posting on a website that's mainly about WoW. That's some next level bull****, sorry!

And about the topic: Nope, didn't start, will not try, because 9.1 is an abomination that i skip, simply because it has no content other than the raid and dungeon. I only play on patches that have actual content for single player too. I hope blizzard have fun catering for the upper 1% of the playerbase, because the 50% who don't care about mythic+ and raids in general gone elsewhere.

Even with covid, after the long waiting time of 9.0 is 9.1 a real joke and a spit in the face of all players.

Still: if there is good content again, i probably might come back, but right now surely not.

Dear Blizzard, i know from your Ivory tower you will never read it, but here's a small tip: 1 casual player who enjoy casual content, single player content pays as much off an sub-fee as a player who hardcore raids. Maybe even more, because the casual one might actually buy some tokens that the hardcore pay with gold. So cater more for the casuals, it's as simply as that!
    There is plenty of solo content in 9.1. You just don't want to play it.

I can't unsubscribe and have to continue to "play" because I'm a member of a good guild and I have fun having these social interactions mid-raid.

But for the first time, I did decide to purchase and install FF14 as alternative game, because 9.1 simply is not enough and now with campaign over and Mythic raid for us being done in a matter of several weeks - I just don't see how I would do anything but raidlog in WoW once per week, simply because 9.1 has nothing else really and it will last another 6 months, if not more.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I stopped with WoW, not because I hate the game but because I'm not that into raiding. Returned to Guildwars 2 and was overwhelmed how much content they added over the years, not only expansions but a lot in between expansions. Also the next expansion is coming and since there's no subscription I gave it a try... and was not disappointed.
    Man, that vid looks so sweet. I haven't really tried GW2, I probably should give it another try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    failed games like ESO.
    Imagine calling one of the most played games in Steam, with a recently released expansion, a "failed game"
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

raid logging once a week till sub runs out:10/2 to play with the gang

Most likely committed to at least the end of SL unless a job change collides with raiding. I play for the guild and raiding in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    already quit after leveling my first char to max level.
    Had a feeling that this expension will be the bad.

funfact: My gametime is free and i cant be arsed to play this tragedy.
    Did you simply take Bellular's word for it instead of trying it out on your own?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There is plenty of solo content in 9.1. You just don't want to play it.
    I wish more people understood this - there is a LOT of content in SL - I personally just dont enjoy it, so i dont play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I stopped with WoW, not because I hate the game but because I'm not that into raiding. Returned to Guildwars 2 and was overwhelmed how much content they added over the years, not only expansions but a lot in between expansions. Also the next expansion is coming and since there's no subscription I gave it a try... and was not disappointed.

No oceanic servers tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I have two toons out of my total of 16 left to level to 60. Once that is done I am done until next expansion. Going to play other games. After 18 years of this game from beta until now it is finally time to put WoW to bed and turn out the lights for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I wish more people understood this - there is a LOT of content in SL - I personally just dont enjoy it, so i dont play it.
    Exactly: just because there is content does not change that the content they added was crap. The whole Maw was a failed concept and adding more content there was idiotic.

And Torghast... it's a failed product: blizzard did well at the beginning, but ruined Torghast over time by adding more and more restrictions because: we don't want fun in our game; even in an enclosed space like Torghast!

And the rest: there is absolutely no solo content; just again world quests. And World quests are no content because you just repeat what you did in the leveling phase once again. World quests were always a big mistake blizzard simply didn't realize to fix.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2021-08-13 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    That patch is an insult for dumpster fires
    love WoWarcraft

i got like 4-5 months left of my sub so probably until then. But there is high chance i renew my sub.
    Last edited by stoffe; 2021-08-13 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I said "we deserve better" which by all means could mean "we deserve MORE and BETTER QUALITY dungeons and raids" instead of the half assed tryhard content they keep feeding us. We deserve better expansions with better systems, better graphics, better loot, better mounts.

What part was hard for you to understand? I was very clear in saying good for you that you enjoy bread crumbs but many of us enjoy juicy steaks. And wow is anything BUT a juicy steak at the moment.
    To be fair, the raids and dungeons in SL are of decent quality. I dont think people are that upset about that part of wow, but others. Like the convoluded systems they force upon us for no apparent reason. They even promised no new systems than what was at launch, then we get shards of domination(yet another system) in the very first content patch.

To be honest, I wish they doubled down on the amount of dungeons. Some long ones, some short ones. Mix it up, change of scenery. It gets tiersome doing the same ones over and over. In fact, they could use(or expand/change) the m+ system and put it to use in old dungeons.

Also, it takes to long to get pvp gear. This upgrade system is utter garbage shitterino dumpsterfire. When I logged in on 9.1 and saw that the base honor gear is the same ilevel as SL launch, I just didnt bother. And im someone who have enjoyed just doing random bgs since forever, except for the last couple of years its been getting worse and worse to obtain gear in a OK way. I miss the days when I could run random bgs, get honor and eventually have decent gear.

The campaign is allright, but its quickly done. The storytelling in wow is a major issue cause its to convoluded, they ALWAYS leaves us with more questions than answers(especially after cinematics), and it feels like nothing gets an end. They know the end, we dont. Its frustrating to always be kept hanging after every cinematic. Cause we gotta wait 6+ months for the next one. This approach is especially shit when the lore surrounds the cosmos and literally the end of the world. It works way better when its like in vanilla(classic) were most questlines "doesnt matter" and you are just part of the world.

With it all said and done, im not quite sure what Blizzard can do at this point. I mean at the end its "the same things" in every xpac. The only thing that changes is the zone, quests, mobs etc. A key part might be how to make use of the shitton of content they have in the game, besides just for leveling.

Oh - and also make the game so interacting with others is considered useful, nice and cool. Theres to much stuff in retail wow that breeds toxic players, and it cant just be all blame on the players themself.

On topic: Actually been having some fun with 9.1, but im not far from just stop playing. And thats allright, i'll be back later on.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2021-08-13 at 10:37 PM.

I'm not playing this utter dogshit lol, I just come by to look at the news and have a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    To be fair, the raids and dungeons in SL are of decent quality.
    Raids and Dungeons are the last great bastion of WoW as far as gameplay and systems are concerned. WoW art and sound was always amazing, but a game needs to be entertaining as well and currently, outside instanced content, it's just too weak.

---

I think WoW got WAY too complex for its own good. That's why they can't even do a patch worth a damn, because they have to balance and support 36 class specs, zillion cogwheels with their systems and still pump out new content every 6 months. There is insane amount effort they need to put out to even support their existing stuff and this eats into new content people expect.

Blizzard really needs to simplify a lot of their junk. They should cut down some of these 36 specs (and yes whining will be insane, "wow destroyed" fainting couches) - it needs to go down all the way to let's say ~20 specs total. They should stop with these expansion systems and crap for everything but purely cosmetics things - think what would it be if covenant would be a purely cosmetic choice.

And then use this freed up efforts to put them into actual in-game content they deliver in-between big patches. In my opinion every x.x.5 patch should feature a mini-raid, a new non-mega dungeon, several weeks of main/major side story progression and a small new area like Korthia/Mechagon. Then every major patch should be a big area (like Nazjatar), megadungeon, raid, main story progression.

This way at least you won't have to look at something like 9.1 and be like "dayum this shit gonna last for 6-8 months???".

TLDR - cut down on all the useless flab like dead or redundant specs they can't wrap their heads around (surv, sub, feral, holy etc etc), cut down on systems, reduce complexity - then use all the freed up resources and time to produce actual instanced and non-instanced content for x.x.5 patches, so they won't have these crazy half year+ lulls, where one bad major patch destroys everything.

---

Like look at FF14, it has what 18 jobs total? And every job is practically immutable, no talents no nothing and frankly their visuals are crap too, flashy but low quality. But then they don't have this balancing nightmare or having to turn 500 knobs before they can even pull out another patch. Instead they spend that time to prop game story, activities and modes.

Sounds like a better plan there. Because who needs 36 specs with talent trees when a good 30% of them are redundant garbage and talent trees are just for show for most of the rows.

And btw one other thing to learn from FF14, old content not being obsolete. Now this would be giga hard to do with WoW exactly because of all the complexity and legacy systems that were essential for old raids. But that's why going forward 10.0, they need to get rid of these shitty systems and instead not retire old raids, but introduce legacy mode for up to date gear and special titles.
    Last edited by Raizz; 2021-08-14 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizz View Post
    Raids and Dungeons are the last great bastion of WoW as far as gameplay and systems are concerned. WoW art and sound was always amazing, but a game needs to be entertaining as well and currently, outside instanced content, it's just too weak.

---

I think WoW got WAY too complex for its own good. That's why they can't even do a patch worth a damn, because they have to balance and support 36 class specs, zillion cogwheels with their systems and still pump out new content every 6 months. There is insane amount effort they need to put out to even support their existing stuff and this eats into new content people expect.

Blizzard really needs to simplify a lot of their junk. They should cut down some of these 36 specs (and yes whining will be insane, "wow destroyed" fainting couches) - it needs to go down all the way to let's say ~20 specs total. They should stop with these expansion systems and crap for everything but purely cosmetics things - think what would it be if covenant would be a purely cosmetic choice.

And then use this freed up efforts to put them into actual in-game content they deliver in-between big patches. In my opinion every x.x.5 patch should feature a mini-raid, a new non-mega dungeon, several weeks of main/major side story progression and a small new area like Korthia/Mechagon. Then every major patch should be a big area (like Nazjatar), megadungeon, raid, main story progression.

This way at least you won't have to look at something like 9.1 and be like "dayum this shit gonna last for 6-8 months???".

TLDR - cut down on all the useless flab like dead or redundant specs they can't wrap their heads around (surv, sub, feral, holy etc etc), cut down on systems, reduce complexity - then use all the freed up resources and time to produce actual instanced and non-instanced content for x.x.5 patches, so they won't have these crazy half year+ lulls, where one bad major patch destroys everything.

---

Like look at FF14, it has what 18 jobs total? And every job is practically immutable, no talents no nothing and frankly their visuals are crap too, flashy but low quality. But then they don't have this balancing nightmare or having to turn 500 knobs before they can even pull out another patch. Instead they spend that time to prop game story, activities and modes.

Sounds like a better plan there. Because who needs 36 specs with talent trees when a good 30% of them are redundant garbage and talent trees are just for show for most of the rows.

And btw one other thing to learn from FF14, old content not being obsolete. Now this would be giga hard to do with WoW exactly because of all the complexity and legacy systems that were essential for old raids. But that's why going forward 10.0, they need to get rid of these shitty systems and instead not retire old raids, but introduce legacy mode for up to date gear and special titles.
    I agree with you, though im not so sure about cutting specs. I mean, if they just decided to drop all the systems that just complicates everything so much, I think alot would improve. As you said theres so much that effects eachother so with already 36 specs theres enough balancing alone with that. Add 2-3 systems to it, and theres a total shitshow.

At the very least they need to simply how it all works. Once upon a time the game was about leveling, get your gear, pump that sweet dps with said great gear. Nothing more complicated than "I got this item, now my character is better". Its easy to understand for everyone.

its not easy to understand for everyone when you have systems within systems, that got systems.

Tbh, I havent even bothered giving one F about the systems in SL. I play to cascually to give a damn. If they removed it tomorrow I wouldnt miss it at all. I feel sorry for those that push higher content etc, it gotta hurt to grind out stuff and pay attention to every miniscule change

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    What really killed it for me was when I changed to revendreth and I suddenly found that in that area and only there I get sudden fps drops on a 3080. That made my game unplayable. Add the problems with re-upgrading the entire system re-doing quests etc plus all my friends dropping out, I just said "screw this".

Ofc I want to come back any time they at least fix basic mechanical issues. I find it ridiculous to have a massive pc that can't handle revendreth.

I also agree about the systems. Crazy. Would really like a legion kind of system that awards some extra $$ when you do quests etc instead of just amassing coins for subjectively nice transmogs.
    That sucks. Sadly that sounds like an issue that wont be fixed soon, knowing Blizzard..

The systems are what really breaks down people. People dont want systems upon systems with grinds ontop of grinds for the sake of it. Its nothing wrong with "Hey I got this piece of gear and its the best in that slot, now I do more dps!" and leave it at that.

As someone else said Blizzard probably spendt alot of time working on balance issues with these systems working with all the specs in the game, time that could be spendt on other stuff.

Whats most important - above all with the classes/specs - is how fun/engaging they are to play. Its not about how you obtain char power etc, but how the classes feel to play. Thats what matters, not these god damn systems literally NO ONE wants.

I play when I'm having fun and stop playing when I'm not having fun.

It's a very simple concepts for games.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Man, that vid looks so sweet. I haven't really tried GW2, I probably should give it another try.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine calling one of the most played games in Steam, with a recently released expansion, a "failed game"
    ESO had 26K players peak today on Steam. That's pathetic for an MMO lmao. What is your argument here?

It's a failed game because it started as a sub MMO and had to ditch that because players weren't subbing.

once I get glad mount, sylvanas mount and all keystones at 20