Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blizzcon is just an event for them to ram more of their political tripe down the throats of their fans, but I suppose some people do eat that shit up.

Virtual blizzcon , all female / trans host.

Blizzcon? Be glad if they even bother with an online show like earlier this year. At best they have a wow xpac to show us, nothing else. Ok, maybe a HS update.

D4 still years away.

OW2? who the heck knows.

After that? mobile games. Dont need a con to showcase that.

Think they will pass out rape whistles?

3+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon, to me, has always been little more than paid access to get excited to buy more Blizzard products. For as long as I can remember, the information presented pretty much immediately gets posted on free-to-access sites, and even the streams themselves are accessible for free if you choose to dig a bit (or, in the case of this year, no digging is required). Sure, there's the social aspect, but is it really worth dumping a full hundo on, likely more if you need to travel to the area for it? Clearly, the answer was a resounding "yes" for enough people to quickly sell out tickets. Can't say I truly "get" the level of appeal it apparently had. Doubly-so for the people that bought Blizzconline deluxe passes or whatever they called them.

As for what's on the docket, early next year actually theoretically puts them in a decent place in terms of actual content. For WoW 9.2 will likely be far enough in development, so odds are we'd see a 9.3 or, if 9.2 ends up being the last patch, a teaser for 10.0. Diablo 4/OW2 will likely get some updates, perhaps a release date, and Hearthstone will get its obligatory new expansion. And there's always that little chance that something actually catches people off-guard. Still, not enough to actually make me interested, and the inevitable political posturing won't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    shame really. i went to the 05 and 09 one and the atmosphere's were both top tier, especially 09 when the company was at it's peak for WoW.

I kind of agree, i don't think we'll ever have another blizzcon in person on the scale we are used to. Not anymore.

Blizzard as a whole seems to be kinda rudderless and without a lot to show off.

If they want to make it up to fans and really have a blizzcon again.... they'd need to have Diablo 4 shown off with a release date within 30 days, diablo immortal released same day free with zero mtx in the store and a written guarantee not to ever add a single MTX in the game, Starcraft 3, overwatch 2 complete and ready to go that day, WoW 2.0, etc..... in other words, it wont happen
    I also like to dream big,but mine are usualy more realistic than yours...like winning the lottery,or finding out i had a secret billionaire uncle die,or that the past 2 years have been a fevered nightmare
    Last edited by deenman; 2021-08-13 at 10:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    only if the staff there have to wear 'gropers anonymous' t-shirts lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I guess that is to mean never?
    to be fair they could just do a 'digital' performance where he is projected onto the stage from a past concert.

They will have an online event in 2022, so no Blizzcon this year again.

Once the Pandemic is over true and final, there'll be Blizzcons again. The exact same shit people talk right now on these forums = exactly what was said during the low-points of WoD (in terms of the game never recovering/being the final nail) and the Hong Kong fiasco (political points as to why they'll "never recover")...

The next expansion/Diablo 4 will sell like hot cakes, they'll make bank from "tickets"/promos around the 2022 event. People really do forget the past as they once more glee at the supposed downfall of a multi-billion dollar company as a result of dudebro and bigoted culture being called out.

Am I excited for the online event? It'd only entice me if it will contain news on 10.0. SL is dried up and barren for me in terms of my field of given fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    to be fair they could just do a 'digital' performance where he is projected onto the stage from a past concert.
    I guess people liked it for some of the rappers, but I'm not sure if the rest of the band would be okay with that.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    don't give a shit abouyt blizzcon or blizzconline or whatever, but i am interrested in seeing where they are taking wow next, as now they can't really afford to fuck it up again. Its make or break now.
    Samesies.... I'm out, but they could pull me back. I'm gettable.

But they need to actually fucking try, not scratch off The last 3 expansion labels and slap the new one on, which better not be somehow an even greater cosmic threat.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    don't give a shit abouyt blizzcon or blizzconline or whatever, but i am interrested in seeing where they are taking wow next, as now they can't really afford to fuck it up again. Its make or break now.
    For me it's already past that point, it's already broken.

Shadowlands is just shit.

First expansion where the lore just doesn't feel like Warcraft. Even Pandaria didn't have this much disconnect. Even though Pandaria was a different setting opposed to the classic european medieval fantasy it did fit into the world building as simply a different region of Azeroth.

But Shadowlands just feels like a completely different game with different lore, different worlds, different enemies. It's just not Warcraft, it's a like a standalone game that just shoves in a few Warcraft references and hitches on the franchises namesake to cash in. It's so alien.

I'm really past the point expecting some sort of redemption for the franchise. I just don't see it happening anymore. Nobody that understands the soul of the franchise is even with Blizzard anymore, it's just a bunch of new people.

Maybe it's best if they developed a new IP or decide to expand Overwatch into the MMO (that was what Titan was supposed to be). But Warcraft is just not working anymore.
    Last edited by Daronokk; 2021-08-14 at 12:39 AM.

90% sure there won't be a Blizzcon this year. Covid 2: Electric Boogaloo notwithstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Its going to be EPIC!

Can't wait to see whats in store for Diablo 4 and WOW!!!

weak bait

its rly telling how obvious trolls dont get banned,but talking about a serious topic will instantly get you banned for ''trolling'' because it rubs a random mods political sensibilities the wrong way

5+ Year Old Account
    RIP

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Blizzcon shouldn't even be a thing anymore, they are not the company to be celebrated as it once was. Blizzcon was a thing fans could come together and celebrate the games of a company that produced quality content... these days Blizzard's content isn't held to the standards as it was and if WoW's dev team are any indication they do not seem to care about us as an audience anymore.

What have we to got to celebrate Blizzcon for anymore? Being rapists? Creating unsafe working environments? Failing at producing quality content? Or a community they stopped caring about and would rather slander on twitter? Yea... the event needs to be canned in my opinion. The love for blizzard from fans and the love they show us is gone. It's not even a place I would wanna go to meet friends anymore, I would just feel all yucky even attending the event.

Video games companies shouldn't be held on a pedestal, Blizzard is now just another triple A company.
    I'm not even sure you can still call Blizzard a triple A company, at one time the developers were so good at there jobs that they felt like they were rock star equivalent. They started Blizzcon simply because they loved the adulation and they were not afraid to mix with the fans. Since Metzen and Morheim left the company though, they went towards a pure corporate environment with remnants of frat boy god complex left over to mutate with no help from Bobby Kotick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Virtual blizzcon , all female / trans host.
    "Representing the majority of Blizzard entertainment"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I'm not even sure you can still call Blizzard a triple A company, at one time the developers were so good at there jobs that they felt like they were rock star equivalent. They started Blizzcon simply because they loved the adulation and they were not afraid to mix with the fans. Since Metzen and Morheim left the company though, they went towards a pure corporate environment with remnants of frat boy god complex left over to mutate with no help from Bobby Kotick.
    That was Chris Metzen and his boys Afrasiabi, Didier and Kaplan and yes they were absolutely high on their own hubris every Blizzcon. Metzen certainly considered himself a celebrity.

I don't know if it's worth to buy a virtual ticket this year. I'm still curious about D4 status and what they have on mind for WoW.

Lastvyear online event was good-ish only because new D4 stuff but the rest was useless. Ok there was COVID but this time they really need to step up their game.

I simply don't know what to expect. I don't want to be let down again. SL is the expansion i am most torn about from when i started playing the game. I like the story, the art, the covenants, the raids and i'm actually playing it long term. I don't like how everything is mixed up in a way all content in game is just small steps or hurdles to raiding. Most of player power is scattered through systems either i don't like or are just gated by either time or rng. But my opinion i suppose.

I just hope for a 10.0 less bloated game. They have done some pretty nice additions to the game like valor upgrades, they need to discard the fluff and keep the few good things they made. Work from the roots up and expand afterwards.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That would definitely be something to excited for!
    Considering it would confirm that resurrection is a thing, I'd be excited too.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit too early for blizzcon, they already had one this year

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Its going to be EPIC!

Can't wait to see whats in store for Diablo 4 and WOW!!!

I'll only attend if they have a Groping Booth...