What do Night elves have after Shadowlands?

Judge this new piece of dialogue as you like, i put it here for the context’s sake.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nobbel87/...50681300787202

So… What do night elves even have anymore aside from “renewal” (whatever that may be)?

Their military - pathetic and sad joke which seems to perform worse then gnomes even. Hell, garrisoning Ashenvale with those infamous Alliance farmers would have being more efficient.

Their culture and religion - kinda “there” but is it really? After the revelations about Elune and long string of erasure and dilution they suffered in Alliance i dont see them as anything other then High Elves who like forests a lot.

Their power/status in Alliance - refugees, beggars, their whole treasury literally burned with Teldrassil and they now live as a state without two coppers to rub together. Their political power was reduced to “hush, night elves” and they are ignored entirely even when it comes to decisions that affect them.

Their homeland - Darkshore and some refugees at Hyjal which is still owned by Cenarion Circle and horde is allowed there since its “neutral grounds”.

Their pride and spirit - pretty much gone OR entirely subverted into “hippie” mentality which just accepts punches and asks for another while not being angry at the attacker. I call it “Milunefication” but at least Milune is capable of defending herself.

Looking back at this it really shows that during my first time in WoW i should have stuck with the Horde or chose another Alliance race like humans for example. Because if you somehow got invested in NE story and themes during WotLK (like me) then you made a BIG mistake.

The only solace you can take is that the Night Elf lands are blocked to the Horde, so it's possible that Blizzard are planning a Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms revamp to bring both areas up to date.

Feralas might feature in the new book, so you can have that, if the Sentinels and Mages did forego their aim to rebuild Eldre'Thalas.

They'd still have you... Night elf player.

I had some hope for the NE when Tyrande mentioned a fate for their souls. Like they'd all go back in Azeroth as wisps. Or they'd be resurrected in the same way the Wild gods do. But it was just they a job as afterlife gardeners.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Their culture and religion - kinda “there” but is it really? After the revelations about Elune and long string of erasure and dilution they suffered in Alliance i dont see them as anything other then High Elves who like forests a lot.
    Why do you think that, how does the Eule reveal changed that so much?

Their power/status in Alliance - refugees, beggars, their whole treasury literally burned with Teldrassil and they now live as a state without two coppers to rub together. Their political power was reduced to “hush, night elves” and they are ignored entirely even when it comes to decisions that affect them.
    Night Elfs were never very materialistic. Also, where do you see their political power reduced they had their troops in every conflict in BfA.

Their homeland - Darkshore and some refugees at Hyjal which is still owned by Cenarion Circle and horde is allowed there since its “neutral grounds”.
    Hyjal is not owned by the Cenarion Circle and in Shadows Rising it was clearly in control of the Night Elfs.

Their pride and spirit - pretty much gone OR entirely subverted into “hippie” mentality which just accepts punches and asks for another while not being angry at the attacker. I call it “Milunefication” but at least Milune is capable of defending herself.
    I would say its mostly the other way around, in BfA they made them more like in WC3 again compared to what we had before. And as we have seen in books and in dialogs in this patch, a lot of Night Elfs are still out for revenge.

Looking back at this it really shows that during my first time in WoW i should have stuck with the Horde or chose another Alliance race like humans for example. Because if you somehow got invested in NE story and themes during WotLK (like me) then you made a BIG mistake.
    I get that sentiment but you got it for the wrong reasons imho.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I had some hope for the NE when Tyrande mentioned a fate for their souls. Like they'd all go back in Azeroth as wisps. Or they'd be resurrected in the same way the Wild gods do. But it was just they a job as afterlife gardeners.
    What changed your hope about that, we still don't know what will happen with them and so far the hints go more in the direction that they are getting reborn in some fashion.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-08-14 at 11:43 AM.

They have pretty much the same they did before, just that their population suffered a blood elf style culling, meaning realistically they would never be able to control their territory, but we won't see that.

The exact same cast they have had since the start, a ton of screen time and marginally less dignity.

The population difference is completely irrelevant in this game where human and orcish cloning machines can make those races into powerhouses and the Darkspear can prosecute wars across the world despite also being effectively controlled by a single group of Kor'kron. Not to mention their fellow elves, the blood elves, who are ostensibly near extinct but can support an extra playable race based entirely off of some tard's fanclub going rogue.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    What changed your hope about that, we still don't know what will happen with them and so far the hints go more in the direction that they are getting reborn in some fashion.
    Well. Tyrande and Shandris comment on the role NE souls have to play comes before the reveal of the cinematic. From what I understand, that role is just what Elune says. The NE souls were supposed to go assist the Winter Queen in Ardenweald.

Doesn't mean there's not something in stock for them after that, but I kinda doubt it. Their arc was closed pretty abruptly so I guess it will be just that. I'd like to be wrong though.

Well. Tyrande and Shandris comment on the role NE souls have to play comes before the reveal of the cinematic. From what I understand, that role is just what Elune says. The NE souls were supposed to go assist the Winter Queen in Ardenweald.

Doesn't mean there's not something in stock for them after that, but I kinda doubt it. Their arc was closed pretty abruptly so I guess it will be just that. I'd like to be wrong though.
    And after the cinematic, they talk about that Elune & WQ have plans for their souls to get them to their new spring.

And after the cinematic, they talk about that Elune & WQ have plans for their souls to get them to their new spring.
    Ha right, so I guess you can always hope for a future.

Btw how do you interpret that "spring" ? Do you think it's meant as the Spring season or the spring as a source ?
    Because it was translated as the "source" in French version and I found it a bit odd.

It's very fustrating and stupid how the Night Elves are used as the writers' punching bags, especially since these last two terrible expansions.

They'd still have you... Night elf player.

They dont have me anymore, i left and havent returned since 8.1.

RP wise my night elf basically just sits in Tanaris and throws rocks in the sea, waiting until Maw is sorted out to commit suicide and not go there.

- - - Updated - - -

I highly doubt that they will go full “reincarnation” on them. Best i can see is making them those weird creatures from Ardenweald.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The exact same cast they have had since the start, a ton of screen time and marginally less dignity.

The population difference is completely irrelevant in this game where human and orcish cloning machines can make those races into powerhouses and the Darkspear can prosecute wars across the world despite also being effectively controlled by a single group of Kor'kron. Not to mention their fellow elves, the blood elves, who are ostensibly near extinct but can support an extra playable race based entirely off of some tard's fanclub going rogue.
    At this point blood elves are leagues and miles ahead of night elves “lorewise”.

And i dont mean population. It just feels like blizz are vomiting on the race for some inexplicable reason.

perhaps the night elves will resort to making daily sacrifices to Elune now?
    That's really the only take away i have from all that is happened with Elune

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    perhaps the night elves will resort to making daily sacrifices to Elune now?
    That's really the only take away i have from all that is happened with Elune
    She is more then capable of “making her own” sacrifices it seems. No need helping her with that. She treats her “chosen people” like cattle.

She is more then capable of “making her own” sacrifices it seems. No need helping her with that. She treats her “chosen people” like cattle.

Well exactly.....and tyrande + Shandris seem fine with these developments. the next logical step is to just "feed' Elune daily

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    Well exactly.....and tyrande + Shandris seem fine with these developments. the next logical step is to just "feed' Elune daily
    I dont think there is enough night elves for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ha right, so I guess you can always hope for a future.

Btw how do you interpret that "spring" ? Do you think it's meant as the Spring season or the spring as a source ?
    Spring as in season, as in life.

Ardenweald represents fall and winter, the dream spring and summer.
    What we are doing in Ardenweald is we tend to nature spirits while they essentially hibernate, their awakening is their rebirth.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Spring as in season, as in life.

Ardenweald represents fall and winter, the dream spring and summer.
    What we are doing in Ardenweald is we tend to nature spirits while they essentially hibernate, their awakening is their rebirth.
    Hmmm so I guess it's the translation that is weird.