Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    SNIP
    Horde don't get Suramar either. We literally got a phased version of Suramar during the Vulpera recruitment questline and aside from that, just a small phased version of the Nighthold, with the majority of the gates closed. We can't even get to the gardens of Suramar where you could see Mages and Botanists work together to cleanse the gardens of any fel magic.

The only Elf city that the Horde has is half of Silvermoon. We don't even get the full version of that.

Don't come at us and make out we've got everything, because we actually haven't.

Blood Elf fans are still waiting for an updated Quel'Thalas, where the inner city doesn't look like something from GTA 3 where the upper buildings are a poor quality version of 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    -
    It never made sense to me that all Nightborne agreed with Thalsyrra and happily joined the Horde even if they are essentially still Night Elves of the same generation than Tyrande,Malfurion and Illidan with just a very long exposure to the Nightwell, and that a portion of them may have friends or family within the common Kaldorei and/or the remaining Highborne, and how it's an important part of NE's history. Not counting that the notion of joining a faction with more primitive and different races from them than the Alliance, and how this faction was led by an obviously cruel and malevolent undead woman with a history of petty crimes and particulary monstruous atrocities and methods.

Imo there should have been a political division/rift between those who agreed to join the Horde and those who preferred to rebuild ties with their brethren and join the Alliance, just like between the Blood Elves and High and Void Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    It never made sense to me that all Nightborne agreed with Thalsyrra and happily joined the Horde even if they are essentially still Night Elves of the same generation than Tyrande,Malfurion and Illidan with just a very long exposure to the Nightwell, and that a portion of them may have friends or family within the common Kaldorei and/or the remaining Highborne, and how it's an important part of NE's history. Not counting that the notion of joining a faction with more primitive and different races from them than the Alliance, and how this faction was led by an obviously cruel and malevolent undead woman with a history of petty crimes and particulary monstruous atrocities and methods.

Imo there should have been a political division/rift between those who agreed to join the Horde and those who preferred to rebuild ties with their brethren and join the Alliance, just like between the Blood Elves and High and Void Elves.
    There is a misconception that every Nightborne is over 10,000 years old and that is not the case.

Some Nightborne would have either gone to the Night Elves or the Blood Elves, but the way of life for the Night Elves of the Alliance is extremely different than that of the Nightborne. Sleeping in Barrow Dens and some of the males growing antlers would just be...weird. I reckon some Nightborne interested in the Void would probably have sought out the Void Elves over the Night Elves. Void Elves also being Highborne descendants from Zin-Azshari would also be a great boon of interest.

Blood Elves live in a large City, have a fount of power and are descendants of Zin-Azshari Highborne. They sleep in actual beds and the males don't grow antlers.

We can't just decide that all old nightborne would go alliance and all young nightborne would go Horde. Some Nightborne elders would see the Blood Elves and Silvermoon as a "carry-on" from the days of Zin-Azshari.
    Younger Nightborne would likely be more swayed to the Horde because the Blood Elves do carry more of their values with Arcane Magic, but that would also carry on into the older Nightborne. Compare Silvermoon to Darnassus, in the eyes of the Nightborne...it's no comparison to which city boasted the magic that is core to the Nightborne and which one doesn't.

Also - the Nightborne had only just come out of a political division with Elisande and Thalyssra. None of them would have been eager to enter another one...only if that somebody was Alleria Windrunner, who had done the negotiating, but she couldn't as she was recruiting the Ren'dorei.

Also - Teldrassil hadn't happened when the Nightborne joined. They didn't know what Sylvanas was going to do - hell, not even Varok, Nathanos or anyone else knew what she was going to do, except Sylvanas when she had finished talking to Delaryn.
    If any races needed to join the Alliance - it's the Tauren since Baine bent over backwards to keep Jaina Proudmoore happy.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-08-14 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    There is a misconception that every Nightborne is over 10,000 years old and that is not the case.

Some Nightborne would have either gone to the Night Elves or the Blood Elves, but the way of life for the Night Elves of the Alliance is extremely different than that of the Nightborne. Sleeping in Barrow Dens and some of the males growing antlers would just be...weird. I reckon some Nightborne interested in the Void would probably have sought out the Void Elves over the Night Elves. Void Elves also being Highborne descendants from Zin-Azshari would also be a great boon of interest.

Blood Elves live in a large City, have a fount of power and are descendants of Zin-Azshari Highborne. They sleep in actual beds and the males don't grow antlers.

We can't just decide that all old nightborne would go alliance and all young nightborne would go Horde. Some Nightborne elders would see the Blood Elves and Silvermoon as a "carry-on" from the days of Zin-Azshari.
    Younger Nightborne would likely be more swayed to the Horde because the Blood Elves do carry more of their values with Arcane Magic, but that would also carry on into the older Nightborne. Compare Silvermoon to Darnassus, in the eyes of the Nightborne...it's no comparison to which city boasted the magic that is core to the Nightborne and which one doesn't.

Also - the Nightborne had only just come out of a political division with Elisande and Thalyssra. None of them would have been eager to enter another one...only if that somebody was Alleria Windrunner, who had done the negotiating, but she couldn't as she was recruiting the Ren'dorei.

Also - Teldrassil hadn't happened when the Nightborne joined. They didn't know what Sylvanas was going to do - hell, not even Varok, Nathanos or anyone else knew what she was going to do, except Sylvanas when she had finished talking to Delaryn.
    If any races needed to join the Alliance - it's the Tauren since Baine bent over backwards to keep Jaina Proudmoore happy.
    Baine literally owes money and his life AND his title to both Jaina and Anduin. All he has now he has because Jaina lend him a huge sum of gold to hire goblin mercs and airships to assault the captured Thunderbluff and Anduin gave him the Fearbreaker thing (forgot what it is) that protects against dark magic Magatha used.

Its kore like that he is only Horde leader that dosent spit on the hand that offers him help… after taking the help.

And nightborne were in the Horde when Teldrassil burned, they joined around that time.

Could have left afterwards or recall all their forces back and only stay as “financial support” but they chose to “return as conquerors” directly going against their own words a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Baine literally owes money and his life AND his title to both Jaina and Anduin. All he has now he has because Jaina lend him a huge sum of gold to hire goblin mercs and airships to assault the captured Thunderbluff and Anduin gave him the Fearbreaker thing (forgot what it is) that protects against dark magic Magatha used.

Its kore like that he is only Horde leader that dosent spit on the hand that offers him help… after taking the help.

And nightborne were in the Horde when Teldrassil burned, they joined around that time.

Could have left afterwards or recall all their forces back and only stay as “financial support” but they chose to “return as conquerors” directly going against their own words a few weeks ago.
    Well rather than asking the Horde Elves to join the alliance, maybe the Tauren should go?

Well rather than asking the Horde Elves to join the alliance, maybe the Tauren should go?
    Nightborne should have stayed neutral. Their parting words are literally “we will return but not as conquerors” and FIRST THING they do after joining the faction is go along with a genocidal world conquest.

You're not the only one who was dumbfounded by this.

how did all nightborne agree tot he draining of the Nightwell? She should have some major repercussions there too.

I expected some Nightborne to be all for conquest too, while others would be criticising her for supporting Sylvanas after such a barbaric and ghastly approach to Teldrassil shedding kaldorei blood like it's nothing.

But this is Warcraft, once we are allies, we are all best friends and agree with everything with smiles no matter how totally against everything you are written to stand for. I don't get it. I personally thought Elisande loyalist faction of nightborne were far better suited to where they knew they taking the horde for the BFA pre-patch.. why'd didn't they give us that instead and a resurrected version of Elisande who's echo's survive the encounter .. so she's around somewhere. She'd have fit .. instead of Thalyssra that doesn't fit .

I've never understood this.

The worse was the blood elves.. I expected, no matter how grieved we were at the Darnassians expelling us, we would be horrified at what Sylvanas did, the blood elves that blizzard showed gleefully burning down the tree, should have been shamed in Silvermoon as horrific and too far gone. We should have seen tension long before Lor'themar's u-turn.. his defence of Sylvanas should have been heavily criticised, but she was in power, so we should have seen her advocates and supporters suppressing anyone dissenting against her conquest.. and it should have caused tension in the blood elves, even sympathy for the kaldorei amongst blood elves for night elves.

This is how you present blood elves - instead of just make us incredibly cold, and only power concerned - then pretend like we have a light side and we are good, but in such a weak way when the powerful times it matters we are just shown as yes men.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-08-14 at 10:47 AM.

Nightborne should have stayed neutral. Their parting words are literally “we will return but not as conquerors” and FIRST THING they do after joining the faction is go along with a genocidal world conquest.
    Neutral means they fall into the pits of "never used" and fans didn't want that, so a choice had to be made.

But the idea that the Horde has all of Suramar is a false one, because I can log into my Nightborne Priest and I can assure you, Suramar is not a city that functions like Orgrimmar or Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post

how did all nightborne agree tot he draining of the Nightwell? She should have some major repercussions there too.

I expected some Nightborne to be all for conquest too, while others would be criticising her for supporting Sylvanas after such a barbaric and ghastly approach to Teldrassil shedding kaldorei blood like it's nothing.

But htis is warcraft, once we are allies, we are all best friends and agree with everything with smiles no matter how totally against everything you are written to stand for. I don't get it. I personally thought Elisande loyalist faction of nightborne were far better suited to where they knew they taking the horde for the BFA pre-patch.. whyd didn't htey give us that instead and a resurrected version of Elisande who's echo's survive the encounter .. so she's around somewhere. She'd have fit .. instead of Thalyssra that doesn't fit .

Elisande returning would have made the whole of Suramar pointless.

The whole point was to take her down. The Blood Elves would not have reached out to her and asked for her to join the Horde. It would have been the same deal the San'layn had. Contact Sylvanas until Elisande messes up, just like the Blood Prince.
    Besides, she'd be undead, so the Blood Elves wouldn't have thought anything of her anyway.

Lor'themar and Liadrin would NOT have felt any sympathy for Elisande.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-08-14 at 10:46 AM.

Neutral means they fall into the pits of "never used" and fans didn't want that, so a choice had to be made.

But the idea that the Horde has all of Suramar is a false one, because I can log into my Nightborne Priest and I can assure you, Suramar is not a city that functions like Orgrimmar or Silvermoon.

The whole point was to take her down. The Blood Elves would not have reached out to her and asked for her to join the Horde. It would have been the same deal the San'layn had. Contact Sylvanas until Elisande messes up, just like the Blood Prince.

Lor'themar and Liadrin would NOT have felt any sympathy for Elisande.
    And yet they followed Sylvanas who is basically Elisande on steroids.

I can see why Lor would do that but Thalyssra should have never stood for this bullcrap.

And yet they followed Sylvanas who is basically Elisande on steroids.

I can see why Lor would do that but Thalyssra should have never stood for this bullcrap.
    But Lor'themar was always concerned with how Sylvanas was leading the Horde.
    In fact, barring Gallywix and AU Female Thrall, all Horde leaders were concerned.

Sylvanas also tried to rid herself of both Lor'themar and Thalyssra, because these two would likely be the next ones to stand against her.

But Lor'themar was always concerned with how Sylvanas was leading the Horde.
    In fact, barring Gallywix and AU Female Thrall, all Horde leaders were concerned.

Sylvanas also tried to rid herself of both Lor'themar and Thalyssra, because these two would likely be the next ones to stand against her.
    They shouldnt have gone as far as to Nazjatar to start acting against her. And Thalyssra could have easily said that nightborne just dont have sufficient troops to send and avoid taking active part in war.

They shouldnt have gone as far as to Nazjatar to start acting against her. And Thalyssra could have easily said that nightborne just dont have sufficient troops to send and avoid taking active part in war.
    But she clearly did and did take part, just like the Highmountain Tauren, who stood as Warriors and Eagle Riders for the Honorbound.

Mayla Highmountain didn't stand against her until after the events of Nazjatar.

To me, this all sounds a bit racist because your basically saying that every other character can get involved in the story, but not the Nightborne.
    If Thalyssra and the Nightborne joined the Alliance, then she could join the war...you see, this is why I don't like some Alliance fans. Dictating what and who can have lore moments and when.

Oh but on the contrary, Elissande and Thalryssa's conflict doesn't mean that there isn't room for another division, after all it's always time for some political division, the Blood Elves and Quel'thalas themselves are proofs of that despite all the disasters and losses that happened to them.

There may be younger Nightborne but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't have family members among the normal Kaldorei or the Highborne that reunited with them, nor that they would think than Zin-Azshari is the right model anymore after what happened during the War of the Ancients and the most recent Burning Legion invasion with the corruption that happened to the Highborne aristocraty and many of their own people.
    Besides there aren't only their nature-loving brethren but also several Highborne survivors and other races with culture closer to their own that non-Blood Elves ones in the Horde such as the Draenei, High/Void Elves or humans of Dalaran.

And Teldrassil happened after the Nightborne had joined, which means that they made themselves complicit of following the monster that butchered their brethren and guilty of turning on their kin, and it wasn't difficult to guess that Sylvanas was another monstruous tyrant not unlike Azshara and Ellisande lng before Teldrassil happened, which made Tyrande's suspicions of them very justified. And the fact that Varok and many others supposely honorable Horde characters didn't know that and agreed to follow her without objection even before Teldrassil was very stupid, just as at least some Nightborne not suspecting something was wrong with her and the Horde and being confirmed in their doubts and fears with the aggressions and atrocities against their kin.

- - - Updated - - -

But this is Warcraft, once we are allies, we are all best friends and agree with everything with smiles no matter how totally against everything you are written to stand for. I don't get it. I personally thought Elisande loyalist faction of nightborne were far better suited to where they knew they taking the horde for the BFA pre-patch.. why'd didn't they give us that instead and a resurrected version of Elisande who's echo's survive the encounter .. so she's around somewhere. She'd have fit .. instead of Thalyssra that doesn't fit .

The worse was the blood elves.. I expected, no matter how grieved we were at the Darnassians expelling us, we would be horrified at what Sylvanas did, the blood elves that blizzard showed gleefully burning down the tree, should have been shamed in Silvermoon as horrific and too far gone. We should have seen tension long before Lor'themar's u-turn.. his defence of Sylvanas should have been heavily criticised, but she was in power, so we should have seen her advocates and supporters suppressing anyone dissenting against her conquest.. and it should have caused tension in the blood elves, even sympathy for the kaldorei amongst blood elves for night elves.

This is how you present blood elves - instead of just make us incredibly cold, and only power concerned - then pretend like we have a light side and we are good, but in such a weak way when the powerful times it matters we are just shown as yes men.
    Yep that's really weak and cringeworthy writing, and it made Thalsyrra and the Nightborne, along the rest of Horde races very unsympathetic, justifying Tyrande and other Alliance characters' suspicions and views of them. Not counting that it was a potential way to bring more moral and political nuance and exploration in the story.
    Last edited by Terrorthatflapsinthenight; 2021-08-14 at 11:46 AM.

Oh but on the contrary, Elissande and Thalryssa's conflict doesn't mean that there isn't room for another division, after all it's always time for some political division, the Blood Elves and Quel'thalas themselves are proofs of that despite all the disasters and losses that happened to them.

There may be younger Nightborne but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't have family members among the normal Kaldorei or the Highborne that reunited with them, nor that they would think than Zin-Azshari is the right model anymore after what happened during the War of the Ancients and the most recent Burning Legion invasion with the corruption that happened to the Highborne aristocraty and many of their own people.
    Besides there aren't only their nature-loving brethren but also several Highborne survivors and other races with culture closer to their own that non-Blood Elves ones in the Horde such as the Draenei, High/Void Elves or humans of Dalaran.

And Teldrassil happened after the Nightborne had joined, which means that they made themselves complicit of following the monster that butchered their brethren and guilty of turning on their kin, and it wasn't difficult to guess that Sylvanas was another monstruous tyrant not unlike Azshara and Ellisande lng before Teldrassil happened, which made Tyrande's suspicions of them very justified. And the fact that Varok and many others supposely honorable Horde characters didn't know that and agreed to follow her without objection even before Teldrassil was very stupid, just as at least some Nightborne not suspecting something was wrong with her and the Horde and being confirmed in their doubts and fears with the aggressions and atrocities against their kin.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep that's really weak and cringeworthy writing, and it made Thalsyrra and the Nightborne, along the rest of Horde races very unsympathetic, justifying Tyrande and other Alliance characters' suspicions and views of them.
    They'd also have family descendants within Quel'Thalas.

And I don't care about Draenei or Void Elf things for the Nightborne. Draenei do Draenei stuff with their Crystal-like stuff. That has nothing to do with the Shal'dorei...not in comparison to the Sin'dorei so that is a very weak argument to give.

Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei just work together. I'm sorry you hate it, but it's been 3 and a half years.

You know that if this was on the Alliance, you'd be like "Well, Nightborne should be involved in this war...it's fine." Just because it's on the red side, suddenly it's all "No no, Nightborne shouldn't be there!"

Fans on both side didn't want the Nightborne to remain neutral because they'd be forgotten like all neutral characters are. So Blizzard made a choice and they gave the night elf model to the Horde and the blood elf model to the Alliance.

Horde got the 7.1 storyline race.
    Alliance got the two legendary characters from the Alliance as well as races.

It's a fair exchange. To me, Alliance fans want their full cake (Broken Isles, Quel'Thalas, Alleria, Turaylon, Lordaeron, Void Elves) and to eat it. That doesn't happen. The Horde still needs something.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-08-14 at 11:56 AM.

But she clearly did and did take part, just like the Highmountain Tauren, who stood as Warriors and Eagle Riders for the Honorbound.

Mayla Highmountain didn't stand against her until after the events of Nazjatar.

To me, this all sounds a bit racist because your basically saying that every other character can get involved in the story, but not the Nightborne.
    If Thalyssra and the Nightborne joined the Alliance, then she could join the war...you see, this is why I don't like some Alliance fans. Dictating what and who can have lore moments and when.
    I never said that. I said that they should have stayed neutral, joining neither faction. Or only provide “humanitarian” support to the Horde.

They built their whole fucken “return” to wider Azeroth around becoming better people and no linger being dumb and led by maniacs.

And they JOINED BIGGEST MANIAC AROUND.

Its like getting a parole and committing a murder and grand theft auto straight after you came out of prison!
    Last edited by VladlTutushkin; 2021-08-14 at 12:44 PM.

I never said that. I said that they should have stayed neutral, joining neither faction. Or only provide “humanitarian” support to the Horde.

They built their whole fucken “return” to wider Azeroth around becoming better people and no linger being dumb and led by maniacs.

Its like getting a parole and committing a murder and grand theft auto straight after you came out of prison!
    But how else would they put the peasants and their toaster friends in their place? XD

Yes and guess what happens to those who stay neutral?

I repeat - it was all a fair exchange which could have been done better, but the outcome should have still been the same.
    Horde got Highmountain, Nightborne + Suramar
    Alliance got Alleria, Turaylon, Void Elves and Lightforged.

In the grand scheme, it's fair.

Could there have been Night Elf incursions into Suramar? Yes. Should we have seen a combined effort of Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei vs Kaldorei? Yes.

Why? She wasn't destroyed by our encounter, and she helped us win against Gul'dan.

She's powerful and pragmamatic, , and we know she did a cowardly thing by siding with the legion, but she earenestly was trying to save her people not condone their evil, it worked, and the fact she in the ened, like the orcs, like the blood elves, her group of nightborne follow in those footsteps, did wrong for a while and saw the error of their ways.

Maybe it's becuase i'm not such a big fan of Thalyssra.. she reminds me too much of the kaldorei and Tyrande and Malfurion - all that righteousness and preachy values - which has it's plaec, but for me Elisande fits the horde theme better, and I preferred her coming to her senses and being restored and leading hethe half of her people
    with that sort of mindset.

Yes and guess what happens to those who stay neutral?

I repeat - it was all a fair exchange which could have been done better, but the outcome should have still been the same.
    Horde got Highmountain, Nightborne + Suramar
    Alliance got Alleria, Turaylon, Void Elves and Lightforged.

In the grand scheme, it's fair.

Could there have been Night Elf incursions into Suramar? Yes. Should we have seen a combined effort of Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei vs Kaldorei? Yes.
    And i said that even if they had to go Horde they shouldnt have sent forces to help genocide those people who just helped them win back their city.

They fucken betrayed their allies, on the basis of Tyrande being “unpleasant”.

Its messed up.

Maybe it's becuase i'm not such a big fan of Thalyssra..she reminds me too much of the kaldorei and Tyrande and Malfurion - all that righteousness and preachy values
    You didn't pay much attention to her character then, she is very willing to experiment on mentally handicapped people and use them as canon fodder, sure she is preachy, but it is pretty much lip service if you look at it closely.