Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    No thanks. When I'm trying to get my alts thru a 15 and they repeatedly decline me even though I'm entirely capable of timing any 15... I love nothing more than to find them on my main, queue up, smash the meters and drop group after first boss. ^_^
    I dare you to write that your RaiderIO Profile.
    (And Post it here, so everyone knows who to avoid)

Quote Originally Posted by Raizz View Post
    Also... instead of asking to penalize the players, ask Blizzard to do that one simple thing and allow replacing team members that leave in M+. I have no bloody idea why they even hard locked it to begin with or rather, I do suspect why, but instead of thinking of better solutions they simply went the easy and more frustrating way for players.
    Sadly, this opens up a completely new form of Toxic Behaviour thats even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It is absolutely certain that players would be kicked right before the endboss to sub in a friend/buyer. 100%
    See, my point is - it's up to Blizzard to solve it.

How I would solve it? Kicked player would still be eligible to all completion rewards, including vault, key upgrade, items and currency and would get it by mail if he would have won. The final reward would be split 6 ways instead of 5.

There you go. Can now kick all day long.

What Blizzard did? Herpa derp can't just kick people because you can't replace them! Problem solved hurr durr.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, in case you did not notice, these easy solutions with restrictions are good part why M+ grouping is so toxic and pointless restrictions as a whole are partially a reason why WoW is in the gutter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skynet1990 View Post
    The Problem why I doubt replacing will ever come (again) is why it was removed from the random dungeon finder.
    • Either Progressers would even grind harder as to swap out chars before last boss for better gearing
    • Or you would risk to be kicked out shortly before end because a mate of somebody in the group wanted to join

You can't rely on the mercy of random groups play fair anymore.
    As per post above - this problem is up to Blizzard to solve. Which they can by fully crediting kicked player and splitting end rewards between 6/7/8 people and however needed.

If people want to switch mid run to make it easier - up to them, they just have to split same rewards between more people and clock is still ticking while they do this.

Same goes if there will be another meta of kicking and inviting to get completion bonus for many people in one key - Blizzard can address that specific issue if it arises too. Instead they went the easy and bad road that produces threads like these.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Sadly, this opens up a completely new form of Toxic Behaviour thats even worse.
    Won't be toxic if person who is kicked is fully eligible to all end rewards and would get them by mail if run was finished. I personally would not give a damn - saved me time there, thanks buddies!

Blizzard should solve issues coming up from lifting restrictions as they go and they could do it, but instead they decided to make it easy for themselves.

How I would solve it? Kicked player would still be eligible to all completion rewards, including vault, key upgrade, items and currency and would get it by mail if he would have won. The final reward would be split 6 ways instead of 5.

What a splendid idea!

Before starting our 15 weekly my friends and I cycle through all our alts kicking/replacing them so we don't even have to play them for their vaults. Or strangers and get paid.

What Blizzard did? Herpa derp can't just kick people because you can't replace them! Problem solved hurr durr.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, in case you did not notice, these easy solutions with restrictions are good part why M+ grouping is so toxic and pointless restrictions as a whole are partially a reason why WoW is in the gutter.

- - - Updated - - -

As per post above - this problem is up to Blizzard to solve. Which they can by fully crediting kicked player and splitting end rewards between 6/7/8 people and however needed.

If people want to switch mid run to make it easier - up to them, they just have to split same rewards between more people and clock is still ticking while they do this.

Same goes if there will be another meta of kicking and inviting to get completion bonus for many people in one key - Blizzard can address that specific issue if it arises too. Instead they went the easy and bad road that produces threads like these.

- - - Updated - - -

Won't be toxic if person who is kicked is fully eligible to all end rewards and would get them by mail if run was finished. I personally would not give a damn - saved me time there, thanks buddies!

Blizzard should solve issues coming up from lifting restrictions as they go and they could do it, but instead they decided to make it easy for themselves.
    this feels liek bfa de ja vu all over again, made a grp for freehold 15 and right be4 i put the key in i got kick for their guildie, no ty never again.....stop ruining other peoples time and finish what u signed for or DONT sign atall its that fucking simple

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    No thanks. When I'm trying to get my alts thru a 15 and they repeatedly decline me even though I'm entirely capable of timing any 15... I love nothing more than to find them on my main, queue up, smash the meters and drop group after first boss. ^_^
    Thanks for the tip by the way! I just went and did it to 3 groups Very therapeutic!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    Thanks for the tip by the way! I just went and did it to 3 groups Very therapeutic!
    this is why ppl want repercussions in place, to stop ppl like u form ruining other ppls time just because u weren't wanted by them on ur allt, m+ isnt only about score and dps

NOW FUCKING GET THAT THROUGH UR SKULLS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    this is why ppl want repercussions in place, to stop ppl like u form ruining other ppls time just because u weren't wanted by them on ur allt, m+ isnt only about score and dps

NOW FUCKING GET THAT THROUGH UR SKULLS!!!
    I know that's what I was trying to prove! They didn't want my alt because it had too low score, so I went on my main which had a super high score and ruined their time.

If they'd picked my alt with a lower score this wouldn't have happened!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    I know that's what I was trying to prove! They didn't want my alt because it had too low score, so I went on my main which had a super high score and ruined their time.

If they'd picked my alt with a lower score this wouldn't have happened!
    score is irrelevant to me if its a certain class/spec im looking for ive declined 2.2k players because they weren't the class i wanted

even if ur alt was 2.5k id still decline ur ass if u weren't the class i was after

What a splendid idea!

Before starting our 15 weekly my friends and I cycle through all our alts kicking/replacing them so we don't even have to play them for their vaults. Or strangers and get paid.
    See, that's the thing - it's a problem for Blizzard to solve when it actually becomes a thing.

You don't need to go defend shit decisions by Blizzard by trying to make up weird scenarios that might not materialize.

The fact is - M+ limitations on party composition are easy mode solution by designers who don't want to put effort into this. And this is what led to this current issue where people need scores and be meta to even get into groups and then you get destroyed runs over one ragequit/dc - because failure and everything less than perfection is so heavily penalized.

WoW needs to stop trying to penalize and limit players - it's unnecessary handholding that only creates more toxicity.

7+ Year Old Account
    See, that's the thing - it's a problem for Blizzard to solve when it actually becomes a thing.

You don't need to go defend shit decisions by Blizzard by trying to make up weird scenarios that might not materialize.

The fact is - M+ limitations on party composition are easy mode solution by designers who don't want to put effort into this. And this is what led to this current issue where people need scores and be meta to even get into groups and then you get destroyed runs over one ragequit/dc - because failure and everything less than perfection is so heavily penalized.

WoW needs to stop trying to penalize and limit players - it's unnecessary handholding that only creates more toxicity.
    You do realize scores (Gear Score) existed back in WotLK? And that we had 3rd party sites where you could organize PuGs and get reputation there in at least MoP? Game design has nothing to do with the fact that players just want to evaluate others before teaming up. And "problem for Blizzard to solve" is bullshit statement, when you propose a "solution" that is even more prone to abuse and toxicity than current system and go "lol just fix it Blizz". Rage quitters will always happen in ANY on-line game, and you will never be able to punish them too hard, because there is no way to differentiate between your average quit due to rage, and quit due to an emergency.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You do realize scores (Gear Score) existed back in WotLK? And that we had 3rd party sites where you could organize PuGs and get reputation there in at least MoP? Game design has nothing to do with the fact that players just want to evaluate others before teaming up. And "problem for Blizzard to solve" is bullshit statement, when you propose a "solution" that is even more prone to abuse and toxicity than current system and go "lol just fix it Blizz". Rage quitters will always happen in ANY on-line game, and you will never be able to punish them too hard, because there is no way to differentiate between your average quit due to rage, and quit due to an emergency.
    Just stop gating rewards behind high end timed group content and everyone’s happy.

Addicted can do plus 349 for their achievements and non addicted can do their solo rifts to get same rewards without having to get mad with groups, like in Diablo 3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Just stop gating rewards behind high end timed group content and everyone’s happy.

Addicted can do plus 349 for their achievements and non addicted can do their solo rifts to get same rewards without having to get mad with groups, like in Diablo 3.
    Ye, great idea. Turn group content into solo content. Wont kill group M+ at all. Next let's make raids soloable! Also, very nice of you to call key pushers "addicted", really helps here.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Ye, great idea. Turn group content into solo content. Wont kill group M+ at all. Next let's make raids soloable! Also, very nice of you to call key pushers "addicted", really helps here.
    You don’t have to turn it into solo content. You can ADD the solo option.

People who want playing with friends can, people who don’t want for whatever reason, can too.

If you claim you do that for fun, it won’t hurt you in the slightest.

This is so laughably stupid. Diablo 3 is a massive failure and pretty much a meme. Also, this isn't dungeon crawler game like diablo or PoE. WoW is an MMO. At least it's supposed to be.
    Last edited by Calimon-ZJ; 2021-08-14 at 10:39 PM.

Yes and do you also realize that every PvE mode ever allowed replacing teammates midrun too?

And somehow the game did not blow up over it. So pray tell why M+ should be such insane outlier that literally is the only mode ingame where you can't replace teammatess.

And, you simply are not getting it - yes, gearscore was a thing and meta was a thing, but this is exacerbated and multiplied in M+ because failure means dead key and failed run.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    This is so laughably stupid.
    Why?

More possibilities is better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes and do you also realize that every PvE mode ever allowed replacing teammates midrun too?

And somehow the game did not blow up over it. So pray tell why M+ should be such insane outlier that literally is the only mode ingame where you can't replace teammatess.

And, you simply are not getting it - yes, gearscore was a thing and meta was a thing, but this is exacerbated and multiplied in M+ because failure means dead key and failed run.
    What dead key? They removed key depletion ages ago. If you don't complete a run, your key drops down one lvl. And you all blow quitting issue of out of proportions, this is vast minority of players that do that. Clearly not enough, since Blizz didn't implement any penalties.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-08-14 at 07:11 PM.

Clearly not enough, since Blizz didn't implement any penalties.
    As it is often said (this thread included), any penalty system would turn against players in a way or another - but they (Blizzard) somehow care about this issue, as they added more and more incentives to finish the key: valor, same number of loots even if depleted, and some "buffs" to help with finishing the run.

Anyway, noone wants to leave a good M+ run. And if the run is bad, you would like to be the first to leave without any penalties. Why struggle when there's dozen of other keys to run in LFG?

Why?

More possibilities is better.
    Incorrect.

By that logic, there should be an option to do it via mission table so you don't have to even leave town. Or an option to do it via the cash shop. How about an option to scale to down by level so you can do it on any toon at any level, even level 10. More possibilities right?

Designing around convenience before gameplay is terrible and very unhealthy for the game. There's already WAY to many difficulties currently that the game is so watered down and fragmented.

Running through a watered down version of something solo is not the same thing as coordinating a group. How would that even work with like tanking mechanics? Healing mechanics for classes that can't heal. I don't even know where to begin on how dumb that would be.
    Last edited by Calimon-ZJ; 2021-08-14 at 10:34 PM.

It is unreasonable and you are an asshole for doing it.
    No more than the group leader being unreasonably toxic when responding to my whispers trying to prove that I'd be capable of clearing the dungeon. Context matters.