Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People who are saying get a job that pays better and all that bullshit you don't live in most people's economies you only live in your own so you don't understand the price differential between things clearly. If you're from the United States or Europe shit is just cheaper when you buy it because your buying power is way higher than most other countries you always have to think that you can't always assume everybody's from one of those 2 places. Video games tend to be base priced in the highest economies and it does not trickle down well for other economies a lot of the time, Especially with all these bullshit fucking digital taxes they have now. That being said it is overpriced in the Canadian market and a few other markets 100% there's no arguing that. It's only gonna cost me 16 bucks because I quit shadowlands with 2 tokens that I cashed in so I'm almost there but if it weren't for that I wouldn't be buying it at all.

PS - WoW also has an insane box price in this day and age for every expansion which doesn't make any sense because you're also paying a stupid amount of money every month to play it depending on where you live And that was one of the contributing factors that me and 5 other people I know quit. They should just drop the Box price and keep the monthly fee the same or keep the Box price and half the monthly fee.

Oh wow, using Teleport with a controller is a real shit show. This is not my preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    That being said it is overpriced in the Canadian market and a few other markets 100% there's no arguing that. It's only gonna cost me 16 bucks because I quit shadowlands with 2 tokens that I cashed in so I'm almost there but if it weren't for that I wouldn't be buying it at all.
    There is no way to measure this at all. I paid $60+ for some games I played less than the current beta of Diablo 2: Resurrected. It's only been like a day & a half.

Value is relative to the user.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Maybe it's a middle-class problem on my end, I admit. But I don't even think $40 is too much to spend on a weekend lunch.

We went to see Free Guy last night. Tickets were $80 for a family of four after taxes. Parking was $35/hour, so we paid $70 to park basically. Snacks, $60ish more bucks. Dinner after, $180.

The $40 price of Diablo 2 is well and truly nothing in the entertainment sphere.
    IKR. It's like people are super cheap or dumb (most likely both). Just like your example, you can easily spend more than $40 just to see a movie 1 time. But god forbid spending $40 on a game that can last your longer than that $40+ movie. Heck you could spend more than that going somewhere like SF, I'd take playing D2 than having to deal with that traffic. How about going to a sporting event (baseball, basketball, football, soccer, etc)? Easily going to spend more, but does it matter either way....no. It ​doesn't mean it's a waste of money or not worth it.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Enjoy the endless Baal runs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TbouncerT View Post
    IKR. It's like people are super cheap or dumb (most likely both). Just like your example, you can easily spend more than $40 just to see a movie 1 time. But god forbid spending $40 on a game that can last your longer than that $40+ movie. Heck you could spend more than that going somewhere like SF, I'd take playing D2 than having to deal with that traffic. How about going to a sporting event (baseball, basketball, football, soccer, etc)? Easily going to spend more, but does it matter either way....no. It ​doesn't mean it's a waste of money or not worth it.
    You are comparing apples and oranges.

Compare a game to another game on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by TbouncerT View Post
    This stuff is just entertainment. It's all optional and up to you if the cost is worth the experience. Maybe going out to the movies isn't worth it for someone else, but we enjoyed it and had a great time. It was worth it to us.

I'm going to a sporting event next Friday. Tickets alone were $600 apiece. I would say that is a lot of money. Not including the dinner, drinks, and parking that will cost us once my husband and I leave this house. We are SUPER excited for Friday, been looking forward to it for weeks now. Can not wait. It's worth it to us.

These are just options you may or may not have. It is not a given that every sporting event ought to be priced to your personal value per dollar. And neither is anything else for the most part.

I paid $40 for that Tem Tem game everyone was talking about a while ago. I enjoy monster-catching games a lot. Didn't get into it much and played only a few hours before never touching it again.

Paid $0 for Apex Legends and sunk hundreds of hours into that game. Not a big fan of FPS either. $30 for The Ascent, eh, maybe 15 hours or so total I played it. $15 for Warhammer Chaosbane? About 90 something hours so far.

Games are not an inherent value proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

don't need to compare it to another game, as games are in the entertainment sector. people can spend their money on whatever they feel like it. complaining about the price tag more shows that they're not THAT into the said thing and not worth it to that specific person (or they just like to complain). they should just move on and find something that they would enjoy spending their money on.

- - - Updated - - -

This stuff is just entertainment. It's all optional and up to you if the cost is worth the experience. Maybe going out to the movies isn't worth it for someone else, but we enjoyed it and had a great time. It was worth it to us.

I'm going to a sporting event next Friday. Tickets alone were $600 apiece. I would say that is a lot of money. Not including the dinner, drinks, and parking that will cost us once my husband and I leave this house. We are SUPER excited for Friday, been looking forward to it for weeks now. Can not wait. It's worth it to us.

These are just options you may or may not have. It is not a given that every sporting event ought to be priced to your personal value per dollar. And neither is anything else for the most part.

I paid $40 for that Tem Tem game everyone was talking about a while ago. I enjoy monster-catching games a lot. Didn't get into it much and played only a few hours before never touching it again.

Paid $0 for Apex Legends and sunk hundreds of hours into that game. Not a big fan of FPS either. $30 for The Ascent, eh, maybe 15 hours or so total I played it. $15 for Warhammer Chaosbane? About 90 something hours so far.

Games are not an inherent value proposition.
    this, exactly.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It does. The standards have risen so much that a car built in 2000 wouldn't even pass the regulations for fuel economy and safety for a new car today.

I get it that you people like D2. That's fine. But the 40e price tag on it is absurd for what it is. For example, New World costs the same 40e.
    Sounds like new world is over priced to me.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Meph runs then BAAL then when that's all done you ruin people's Cow lvls.

$40 is a "crazy" amount of money?

I just don't know about people these days.
    Microsoft sells AOE definitive editions for $20 each (AOE2E is $10 right now on steam), which have all the original content remade + a bunch of new stuff.

So yeah, $40 is crazy for a 20 year old game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    chaosbaal runs.

Chaos isn't bad anymore since they removed iron maiden.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

How much was Starcraft Remaster on release, ten bucks?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account

I am, D2R >>>> new world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Microsoft sells AOE definitive editions for $20 each (AOE2E is $10 right now on steam), which have all the original content remade + a bunch of new stuff.

So yeah, $40 is crazy for a 20 year old game.
    AOE2 was usurped by better games on the market. It wasn't being played anymore. If MS didn't price the game to move it would have seen less sales. AOE2 is still a great game, but better games have come out. D2 was never really usurped, while other ARPGs came out, they are fundamentally different. Only a few are similar in playstyle to D2 and really only TQ and GrimDawn are even note worthy (and are old themselves). People still actively played D2 and people have been clamouring for D2 remake or another game more like D2 since D3 came out. Even if we say the work that went into both the AOE2 remake and D2R is similar, D2 is a more popular franchise with far more gas left in the tank. That's why it's priced differently. People are going to buy D2R for $40, more would buy it for $20, but not twice as much.

Simply put, if you don't "get it" on why the game is popular and people want to play D2R, it was never for you in the first place. It's a niche product clearly made for a specific group of fans. If they priced it at $20 or $60, about the same amount of people would buy it. The small % of sales they'd get from someone "just giving it a try" at $20 is simply not worth it.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2021-08-14 at 09:27 PM.

Oh wow, using Teleport with a controller is a real shit show. This is not my preference.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no way to measure this at all. I paid $60+ for some games I played less than the current beta of Diablo 2: Resurrected. It's only been like a day & a half.

Value is relative to the user.
    Yes and no, when you sell a game in US currency and you have to pay the exchange and taxes it is a lot more to the consumer relative to their local economy and cost of living. The proper thing to do would make seprate pricing fairly in the countries you sell your products like Blizzard used to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, Diablo II: RE is freaking terrible.

I've been around in the days of Diablo I and Diablo II and loved and played the shit out of those games. But that was then.
    I'm older now and have no time for the following bullshit.

What do I loved about Diablo II RE:
    The barbarian looks like a homeless, haven't-bathed-in-years Bruce Willis! Actually looks and plays surprisingly well.

What I hated:
    - The core system is horribly outdated.
    - Very few skills. No skill duration to notify you on its expiration and you can only equip one skill (you have to switch skills for those 2-minute buffs, wtf)
    - Tiny inventory size and also there are some retarded charms you need to keep in inventory if you want their buffs.
    - Mana and stamina barely regenerating. You have to chug pots like crazy which takes space in a tiny inventory.
    - Janky animations while running/attacking/casting spells.
    - Unable to zoom in/out on my character.
    - Characters rarely change looks when you equip new gear.

How the fuck did that stamina system make it into the remastered version is beyond me. It's an ARPG, I want to run around, kill shit and loot stuff, not crawl around once my stamina runs out after 20 seconds.
    If you love Diablo II and still play it and want he same game with updated visuals, go for it. For the rest of us who have moved on, fuck that shit.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2021-08-14 at 10:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

I've been around in the days of Diablo I and Diablo II and loved and played the shit out of those games. But that was then.
    I'm older now and have no time for the following bullshit.

What do I loved about Diablo II RE:
    The barbarian looks like a homeless, haven't-bathed-in-years Bruce Willis! Actually looks and plays surprisingly well.

What I hated:
    - The core system is horribly outdated.
    - Very few skills. No skill duration to notify you on its expiration and you can only equip one skill (you have to switch skills for those 2-minute buffs, wtf)
    - Tiny inventory size and also there are some retarded charms you need to keep in inventory if you want their buffs.
    - Mana and stamina barely regenerating. You have to chug pots like crazy which takes space in a tiny inventory.
    - Janky animations while running/attacking/casting spells.
    - Unable to zoom in/out on my character.
    - Characters rarely change looks when you equip new gear.

How the fuck did that stamina system make it into the remastered version is beyond me. It's an ARPG, I want to run around, kill shit and loot stuff, not crawl around once my stamina runs out after 20 seconds.
    If you love Diablo II and still play it and want he same game with updated visuals, go for it. For the rest of us who have moved on, fuck that shit.
    If you don't like the core D2 experience then why would you even play the beta for the 3D version.

Beta still has some issues to iron out (like the performance drops in different lighting conditions and when shop/stash interface is open, Cain can't see that I have unid items in my cube, etc.), but overall I'm very pleased with what I see. I'm a lvl 31 sorc, so you could say I went hard.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'll try the Open Beta, but I'm kinda worried Project Diablo 2 ruined me because splash damage on melee weapons is so good :\
    I purposely avoided playing anything melee on PD2 just for this reason lol

It does. The standards have risen so much that a car built in 2000 wouldn't even pass the regulations for fuel economy and safety for a new car today.

I get it that you people like D2. That's fine. But the 40e price tag on it is absurd for what it is. For example, New World costs the same 40e.
    New world will die faster than D2, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    How much was Starcraft Remaster on release, ten bucks?
    15, and well worth it.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2021-08-14 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    That's a great price. But that doesn't mean everything else ought to sell for the same price. Even within the same category. Have you been to a grocery store?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yes and no, when you sell a game in US currency and you have to pay the exchange and taxes it is a lot more to the consumer relative to their local economy and cost of living. The proper thing to do would make seprate pricing fairly in the countries you sell your products like Blizzard used to do.
    I agree. They didn't though. They don't have to make things fair either. That is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    This just sounds like you don't specifically enjoy the way D2 plays. There are indeed plenty of other ARPGs that do not play as D2 or D2r. This is a niche product for a niche crowd that specifically wants the way D2 plays.

For years fans of D2 specifically asked for little to nothing being touched in the game remaster. They just wanted to run it on modern systems/resolution scaling. They more or less got that and D2r is aimed at that specific audience; if it were otherwise they would have remasted D2 to be more mass market-friendly such as the FF7 remakes recently.

Faulting the game for what it positioned itself as seems odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, i do agree the stamina system hasn't aged well. I'm not gonna advocate for its removal, but i wouldn't be mad if it was either.

Granted, I'm sure its inclusion was centered around you stopping and killing things instead of just running away from everything to encourage you to kill for drops/gold and the fact getting to 99 takes 1000 years. I never managed to get past 91 and i played 10 hours a day for a year and a half(at least)
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-08-14 at 11:29 PM.