Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Space as in outer space? That place is anything, but boring lmao. Space is fkn nuts I suggest you read up/watch some YT videos
    99.9% of space is just an empty void. Sounds boring to me.

99.9% of your body is open space as well

Does that mean you're boring?
    Your mind is not in empty space, your personality is not in that empty space you doofus...
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You mean the current time period? I've never seen so much stupidity from both sides of the spectrum. One side is anti-police, and the other side is anti-vaccines. Just to name an example for each.
    I don't find holding police accountable for their actions as stupidity, in fact thinking holding them accountable is anti-police that is in fact anti-vaccine level stupid which actually have a lot of overlap in who holds those opinions

I mean.. during that time frame is when kids moved from..

I want to be an astronaut.. to.. I want to be a youtuber..

For the aged old question of what do you want to be when you grow up.

But the real answer for me seems to be as soon as a generation stops identifying itself with a decade typically it just gets easy to play it as "those stupid people" and once you live though it 3 or 4 times you just see it as it is and that its just a normal cycle.

Always be sure to top it off with someone raging a reply back to you saying your wrong.

I know mine isn't, but I can't speak for some of you here
    I need all that space.
    Where else am I going to put all my memories?

The internet being widespread has also given a platform to many people who would previously be limited to localized areas. It allows them to gather likeminded people and gives them a certain 'credibility' that cause people who might not normally be as gullible to fall for it.

Furthermore the media, like any company or even WoW, has been pushed to get away from whats right and more to just get higher numbers. This leads to the media having a negative reputation even on situations where they are in fact right.

And furthermore yet, certain political groups have found their stances in opposition of science. Instead of following the facts, its better to just double down and fight for what 'feels' right to get the wrong but passionate group to vote for them.

worse than the '80s? nah, i highly doubt
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    worse than the '80s? nah, i highly doubt
    Qanon conspiracy believers, anti-vaxxers, Trump worshippers, and proud boys, are likely to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I don't find holding police accountable for their actions as stupidity, in fact thinking holding them accountable is anti-police that is in fact anti-vaccine level stupid which actually have a lot of overlap in who holds those opinions
    Or thinking .01% of police represent all police. Oh wait.

Or thinking .01% of police represent all police. Oh wait.
    if it was only .01 or even 1% of police it would never became such a wide spread movement

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    if it was only .01 or even 1% of police it would never became such a wide spread movement
    Yeah it would, because if you haven’t notice the media likes to sensationalize things.

Yeah it would, because if you haven’t notice the media likes to sensationalize things.
    sensationalize like

Don't think Fox would run a story on cops brutalizing minorities

10+ Year Old Account
    99.9% of your body is open space as well

Does that mean you're boring?
    It's almost like this link was just waiting for this precise comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Qanon conspiracy believers, anti-vaxxers, Trump worshippers, and proud boys, are likely to agree with you.
    i mean, neo (and proto) nazi movements are a constant in usa and antivax are hardly a new thing (at least here in europa they exists in mass since what? the 1975?)
    then reagan wasnt so different than trump, he still was voted thanks his actor past and made the repubblicans what they are now.
    and that is just the political part, culturally the '80 are like the most television addicted era evah xD
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

i mean, neo (and proto) nazi movements are a constant in usa and antivax are hardly a new thing (at least here in europa they exists in mass since what? the 1975?)
    They existed from the moment vaccines came into existence in 19th century (and a lot of arguments made back then survive in those movements to this day).

i mean, neo (and proto) nazi movements are a constant in usa and antivax are hardly a new thing (at least here in europa they exists in mass since what? the 1975?) then reagan wasnt so different than trump, he still was voted thanks his actor past and made the repubblicans what they are now. and that is just the political part, culturally the '80 are like the most television addicted era evah xD
    People weren't so stupid about current events as so many are today.
    As for being anti-vaxx...what's polio? Smallpox?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    People weren't so stupid about current events as so many are today.
    As for being anti-vaxx...what's polio? Smallpox?
    lel? like for the war on drugs? absolutely made for the youngs, not to discriminate even more the minorities /s xDxD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    They existed from the moment vaccines came into existence in 19th century (and a lot of arguments made back then survive in those movements to this day).
    i wrote "in mass"
    i know that stupid people against medical practices existed since ever (like even against the plague, there should be something even in the manzoni's "promessi sposi")
    but back then, compelling them was more easy...

Social Media was a mistake.

Convincing the stupid by the millions to get sick and/or die in the name of "free choice."
    Convincing hundreds of idiots that a presidential election is invalid and the loser needs to be reinstalled by way of force...

....shit, had things been this bad 10yrs ago Obama would have needed to call martial law on the whole country.

Seeing people today actively killing themselves BY. THE. THOUSANDS. in the name of lies by refusing to get vaccinated or do even the slightest precaution to not kill each other of a plague I'm horrified at the very real prospect the solution is to let them die.

I never in my wildest nightmares imagined people could be so stubborn as to willfully kill themselves over lies to this scale. But, eventually, after taking many, many innocents out with them, we might be left with children seeing the wake of devastation capable of going "well, that sucked. Let's try something different." Involving actually trusting doctors and thinking critically about ideas before accepting them.

Maybe they could push us forward in science, intellectualism, and the like. But from my experience it takes a strong push while you're still young enough to change your mind to get people in that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.