Page 1 of 3
LastLast

They must change the nonsense that if you’re in a raid group can’t do some quests[..]

[..]with this solution. Just detect if at least 4 others aren’t at least within 100 yards or even within the zone if that’s too much of a resources hog for you and be done with it. It makes no sense that I’m ALONE in a zone and you deny doing a quest just because you think “a raid will help” and if you think “but if you’re in a raid group you have the advantage of being in a raid group content” then why would that be unfair VS a 5man waiting for m+ or whatever?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really had the need to do quests while in a raid, and if we need to, then one would leave. I understand the reasoning for having this basic restriction which is good, but I do not believe it is a need, or if so, even that high on the priority to redesign it yet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn’t mind a change like this. It’s not like they don’t know when people are close by; get far enough away from a party member and you stop sharing xp and loot.

If you need to do a quest, leave the raid, then ask for an invite back.

Sure, it would be a quality of life change, but I disagree it's that vital to the game.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be great, its annoying not being able to do quest, when you are benched on some boss and you can't leave raid, because you wouldn't get DKP.

OP, why don't you just do one thread with all the things THEY MUST CHANGE to make you happy, instead of spreading them around like Chicken Drummer and padding your post count?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Seems like a change that should have been implemented years ago honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Never really had the need to do quests while in a raid, and if we need to, then one would leave. I understand the reasoning for having this basic restriction which is good, but I do not believe it is a need, or if so, even that high on the priority to redesign it yet.
    You must be an EXTREME minority. I have seen that need for me DAILY.
    You probably don't do much raiding content especially with pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

Sure, it would be a quality of life change, but I disagree it's that vital to the game.
    I bet you only raid with guilds and with personal friends.
    This is impossible to be done when pug raiding.
    Those people won't care to re-invite you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

AND you might be the raid leader. This is very common with pugging. E.g. it might take 40 minutes easily to pick up people for SoD heroic and you can't leave the group and it's a very easy job to invite (if you know what you're doing) so it would be easy to multitask [PS and come to think of it even a guild raid leader may be able to do some questing (if nobody else is around the zone) while forming a group].

If you're in a raid group, why are you alone trying to do quests? Either stop what you're doing or leave the raid

Even if you instantly completed all the relevant max level quests it would be utterly irrelevant since all they do is give some minor daily resources and catch up gear.

Frankly just remove that restriction and make it so that you cant get any experience while in a PVE raid so that there is no power leveling that way.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I am impressed that this gameplay restriction causes so much annoyance. Maybe once a year, I facepalm and remember to drop a raid membership to complete a quest .... usually it's a daily that I happen to pass by on the way to a portal. Take pride that this restriction stands out in your gameplay while I have so many other game problems ahead of it!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    AND you might be the raid leader. This is very common with pugging. E.g. it might take 40 minutes easily to pick up people for SoD heroic and you can't leave the group and it's a very easy job to invite (if you know what you're doing) so it would be easy to multitask [PS and come to think of it even a guild raid leader may be able to do some questing (if nobody else is around the zone) while forming a group].
    Tell me about it. This annoyed me for years, still do, and I don't even raid lead anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    This restriction makes no sense anymore.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

For those who don't understand why this restriction is a problem, the biggest issue is pugs. If you're waiting for your raid/RBG group to form (which can easily take half an hour), the option of doing dailies instead of browsing the internet/running circles in Oribos would be welcome.
    If the issue is that Blizzard is afraid that people would actually form huge raid groups to do those quests, they could just make it so that only your actual party counts for tagging mobs, objectives, etc., and the other groups are basically treated as players from outside of your group for those purposes.

The majority of players never joins a formal raid group to begin with, so i find this rather unlikely. Far more likely you're exception for constantly being in raid groups.

It is pretty annoying that if someone is benched they either have to drop group then be reinvited if they want to do anything all other than stand around with their dick in their hands.

While it's not necessarily a major inconvenience especially in a premade group it's still pretty far from the MMOC witty zinger of "how is this a problem?" or "It's never been an issue for me."
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

People doing quests while in a raid are annoying. Either get to the raid or leave it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Their response is usually something about unfair advantage etc. but 4x4 farm groups and the issues you outline in this thread just goes to show how out of touch they are with their own players...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do on average 15 hours of raiding a week, randoms and pugs, normally when I'm getting ready for raiding, I'm either at the stone or at the auction house.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This was an insanely old restriction that actually made sense back in the vanilla days. There were actually some challenging group quests that were balanced around a 5 man group.

However, these days, where literally 100% of quests are trivial, it just makes it an annoyance. Sometimes you're in a forming up raid and want to knock out some daily quests while waiting, but can't because of this archaic restriction.