Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Garrisons were, just like all those systems you mention, an example of parasitic design. They take all they can from the existing systems while providing no gameplay back to those systems and then they're here today, gone tomorrow.

What people want, as you allude to, is an evergreen housing system that is supported by and supports the other systems in the game and sticks around permanently ... like M+.

Sadly, I don't think Blizzard is willing to do the hard work for something like that at this point. It's just so much easier to throw more parasitic systems at players that they'll gobble up and wave goodbye to in a year.
    That is one of biggest problem of world of warcraft.. Create amazing contents like mage tower or class halls to next expansion they ignored, almost deleted content.

IDK why they dont improve some of those contents. Garrisons for example they let it too much self sufficient and garrisons was abbandoned like half wod content by blizzard.

Housing is a system that sould be only cosmetic or some content exclusive like toy farm, pet.. Make an armory room to old trophies like frostmourn exposure, just an example here.

Why the necessity of making new worlds when some maps from azeroth isnt acessible since classic? So many azeroth history to been told and explore, why the fuck we need face gods and kill gods of those gods!

Why not update some key azeroth maps to players feel time skip in game world?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    That is one of biggest problem of world of warcraft.. Create amazing contents like mage tower or class halls to next expansion they ignored, almost deleted content.

IDK why they dont improve some of those contents. Garrisons for example they let it too much self sufficient and garrisons was abbandoned like half wod content by blizzard.

Housing is a system that sould be only cosmetic or some content exclusive like toy farm, pet.. Make an armory room to old trophies like frostmourn exposure, just an example here.

Why the necessity of making new worlds when some maps from azeroth isnt acessible since classic? So many azeroth history to been told and explore, why the fuck we need face gods and kill gods of those gods!

Why not update some key azeroth maps to players feel time skip in game world?!
    And armor stands ! i would love to have a few armor stands and place mogs there :P not that its going to happen but im just saying

A guild housing could be just like Legion Class Hall with some things added like posters from achievements, some raid and m+ stuff and the guild bank. Just add some cosmetics to it based on various themes pre-made and its done

A player housing would need a better version of garrison without any profession huts, could have some farm but for only items that produce something for your alts, nothing raid or m+ related

Even if fixed like garrison would allow many things to be put and making the players do stuff in all the world to unlock the items

The wow system dont allow the same options that others games allow but it still can give the players a great system to have fun playing the game

And honestly i think that would give the Devs alot of fun doing it, something different and creative to give the players instead of the always quests/5man/raid
    Last edited by Spike`; 2021-08-15 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    We're talking about WoW though. FFXIV players should stick to FFXIV. Blindly copying what other games have is a retarded way of doing things.
    Just because something works in a different game doesn't mean it'll work with this game.
    WoW always blindly copied stuff from other mmos, BECAUSE OF THIS IT WAS SO SUCCESSFUL. In it's best time, WoW always took stuff from other mmos and did it better, it's as simply as that.

WoW was never an "original" mmo; but it simply did things better. That's no longer the case since they are sitting on their laurels and did nothing in this regard since then.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2021-08-15 at 06:49 PM.

Player housing would be great for the reasons you outlined. I think people who collect transmog and mounts are being wasted on their random servers - come to a roleplay server, where your magnificence will truly be appreciated. Here, people are more literate and friendly - and they're obsessed with transmog! We use addons to expand our titles, descriptions, and so on. Many of our characters have their own theme music you can play in-game through a person's character description! It's an enormous untapped world that too few know about. They say sex sells, so I'll also mention RP servers have the HIGHEST distribution of female players out of any server. Wawawewa! Go to Wyrmrest Accord if you're Horde, Moon Guard if you're Alliance! Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    If they created player housing it would turn into another garrison cluster, WoW is a game of alts, its not uncommon for someone to have 10 alts they play. Imagine a house for every one of them. Now if we’re talking guild housing then I’m game.
    Good point, I love alternating between every class of alt I have and I have them all. Now, making class housing for every one of them?...not a chance in hell.

screw player housing... go play starvalley already leave wow alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    If they created player housing it would turn into another garrison cluster, WoW is a game of alts, its not uncommon for someone to have 10 alts they play. Imagine a house for every one of them. Now if we’re talking guild housing then I’m game.
    And? Why not for every twink a different house or an option to have one house for all of them. Any kind of Housing feature would be instanced anyway, so what would it matter? (and no, any open world housing would not be fearsible)
    And Guild Housing is stupid, simply because it would only be a feature for a miniscule of the playerbase, nothing more, nothing less and would not bring any players back or be another feature for guilds and hardcore player; we need more things for the casual player, not another laurel for guilds; they already got everything in the game, giving them housing too would be a spit in the face to everyone who wants housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizz View Post
    Wildstar had best housing system ever... still died.

It would be cute, like pet battle cute, but it's not what WoW needs right now.
    ABSOLUTELY TRUE, while I don't think Wildstars housing system killed the game, I do know that it didn't save it.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    screw player housing... go play starvalley already leave wow alone.
    Probably, because in the end you alone and a few else will be the only one who still plays this game. Sorry, but just because YOU don't want it does not change it that others should not be able to have fun in the game; and player housing is something many players wanted since the release of wow, NOT GARRISON, NOT GUILD HOUSING, PLAYER HOUSING.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Barely. A raid tier requires new music, new environment models, new skyboxes, new armor, new weapons, new NPC dialogue lines, months of testing(in house and with players).

Housing requires: Creating a system that allows the players to place already existing models, skyboxes and music in a small instanced area. The collection system can be based on the transmog system. Most of the critical testing can be done in house

How can you even compare the two?
    Do you really think players would be content with the assets that are already in game and not customisable? They'd want stuff to craft, collect from raids an m+ and whatnot. Just c + p ' ing stuff already in game won't work. The stuff you'd get if you'd allocate the ressources of one raid tier would look exactly like garrisons. Which most people abhored.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    And armor stands ! i would love to have a few armor stands and place mogs there :P not that its going to happen but im just saying
    Since the class order halls had armor stands that updated as you collected full sets then I see why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Impressive work - but I don't see how that fits into a game; and I'm sure that some players will use their skills to make less good contents.
    Right for mere survival it just needs to be a hovel, that's all.

My point is that a housing system serves two purposes: It's either a display cabinet for achievements, or it's a stage to show someone's personal taste and creativity. I'm showing the Notre Dame to demonstrate that a game like WoW doesn't have the slightest chance to offer a player a satisfying creative outlet in player housing in a way that will impress other players who already need to cross a hurdle to even come and take a look at what they've made.

I get that players want a sense of belonging in this world. I liked hanging out in my Class Order Halls, despite there not being anything useful to do. The fellow class players gave a sense that something was there. A slight taste of companionship.

But even that is something that player housing can't offer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Do you really think players would be content with the assets that are already in game and not customisable? They'd want stuff to craft, collect from raids an m+ and whatnot. Just c + p ' ing stuff already in game won't work. The stuff you'd get if you'd allocate the ressources of one raid tier would look exactly like garrisons. Which most people abhored.
    They would ofc have to add new shit with new expansions, obviously. But that's the beauty, they already make those models anyway when creating new zones and areas for new expansions, so why not put them to good use?

And ofc should stuff be available from raids and other instanced content, next to crafting, reputations and treasures. It would revitalise a lot of old content and be another carrot on a stick to do newer content and those systems already exist.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2021-08-15 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Probably, because in the end you alone and a few else will be the only one who still plays this game. Sorry, but just because YOU don't want it does not change it that others should not be able to have fun in the game; and player housing is something many players wanted since the release of wow, NOT GARRISON, NOT GUILD HOUSING, PLAYER HOUSING.
    Let's see I have been playing wow since beta, and in all the servers I have been not a single time did I see or hear about people wanting player housing. So, your many players is an out there comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizz View Post
    Wildstar had best housing system ever... still died.

It would be cute, like pet battle cute, but it's not what WoW needs right now.
    Jep, because Wildstar was in every aspect crap; housing would not matter. WoW does not have this issue in this regard, at least the gameplay is still good and far better than FFXIV for example. Housing will not save wow, but a good expansion AND Housing would be a good way to save it. And yes, it think it NEEDS it right now, because it NEEDS a feature that brings back player who don't raid or do mythic+; something that seems to be 90% of WoW right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Right for mere survival it just needs to be a hovel, that's all.

My point is that a housing system serves two purposes: It's either a display cabinet for achievements, or it's a stage to show someone's personal taste and creativity. I'm showing the Notre Dame to demonstrate that a game like WoW doesn't have the slightest chance to offer a player a satisfying creative outlet in player housing in a way that will impress other players who already need to cross a hurdle to even come and take a look at what they've made.
    I meant that we can see what people prefer based on the transmog they were, and based on the slut-mogs I can see a slight issue with allowing creativity to run wild.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    Let's see I have been playing wow since beta, and in all the servers I have been not a single time did I see or hear about people wanting player housing. So, your many players is an out there comment.
    And i play WoW since release, and in all the time i have been hearing players talking about player housing all the time: see, different people see different things. In my Guild back then we theorycrafted about a Housing Feature and how it should work for example. And in many forums that I were back then we talked about housing too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    I consider myself a collector of mounts and transmogs. Been playing the game for 13 years and I really connect with your words about feeling proud of progress. But player housing is a terrible idea, and one I really hope they stay away from. The garrison was a prison. Iwant to roam the world, not stay home. I can do the latter irl.
    And that's the trap you have fallen into; because they made you believe that garrison is player housing; but garrison IS NOT PLAYER HOUSING and player housing does not need to be a core feature of an expansion:

First: Housing should be 100% optional, something garrison wasn't

Second: Housing should not be a closed system: if they create it that you need to go into the world, then housing would actually help people to get out there

Third: Professions should have a big role in it: Tailoring for carpets, Leatherworking for Furs, hey, maybe even a complete new profession like woodworking for all the stuff that you need into the game would be a possibility; and to get the stuff you want you need to get out there in the world: even if you aren't into housing, if you are a crafter, you will embrace everything that makes crafting worthwhile.

All in all i can't see any negative in it, as long as it stays optional, and if blizzard would do it right, you can't simply stay into your house all day, because you want to put stuff in there and therefore you need to go out into the world for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I meant that we can see what people prefer based on the transmog they were, and based on the slut-mogs I can see a slight issue with allowing creativity to run wild.
    Ah okay you mean they'll build giant phalluses and swastikas if given the chance.

As for transmogs, that's the one thing that WoW absolutely nails. I keep being amazed and inspired by all the ensembles people come up with. Then again, 17 years of clothing item development went into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And that's the trap you have fallen into; because they made you believe that garrison is player housing; but garrison IS NOT PLAYER HOUSING and player housing does not need to be a core feature of an expansion:
    Suppose Blizzard added a modular housing system inside the garrison with everything you asked for, furniture, carpets, professions making all kinds of items.

It's nicely tucked away in the garrison so anyone who doesn't want to have anything to do with it can skip right past it, though of course they can make gold by crafting items for those who are into this sort of thing.

Would that satisfy you? And if not, what's missing?
    Last edited by Ivarr; 2021-08-15 at 07:20 PM.

a huge playerbase made out of what? Blizzard is a dying company lolz