Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    It should be voted for to abandon a run. Even have perfect number of players, if 3 out of 5 agree to abandon everyone can leave without penalty. If you leave without consent of the group you get a 1 hour cool down to form another group.
    id agree to that on these conditions, if that player leaves without consent and the debuff is given it does NOT tick down while a player is on another toon (it will only tick down if the player spens 1 hr on the toon that they left the dungeon with) and and the block form queueing is account wide

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Haha, do you realize that I was joking?

On a serious note. Imagine how he must feel to go to this extreme. To be honest I have been rejected many times and I have been upset a lot, I even thought of doing something similar, but then it would make me no better than those who hurt me so it's better not to.
    Tone is impossible to tell via text and there are people like Nachtigal who will purpose burn out a person's key. It's a relief to hear you're not actually like that and actually agree that it's toxic to do those things. Though my statement stands. People like Nachtigal play the game and it causes the community to be super toxic.

15+ Year Old Account
    If people keep leaving your group, maybe its not the leavers who is the core problem here.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Of course it should not be a standard 5-men dungeon you can run solo, it should be a Thorgast like thing but with rewards instead of nothing.

There’s clearly more than something wrong with the actual gearing system, whines about M+ just happen everyday in here, never seen something nearly similar happen for raids or world quests.

And it’s just normal: time is precious for everyone and when you reach a point in which your result is the combination of not only your effort but the effort of other 4 people you don’t know and don’t want to know, the result is “tragic”.

That’s why I went back to arpgs, I spend the same time but I can do what I want whenever I want and get excellent results.
    We have torghast already and people generally hate it. If it were to offer competitive rewards then it would need to be balanced for all specs/roles to solo which is impossible to do without making it a mindnumbing faceroll chore (which it already is). I swear i'll never understand people that want to play an MMO for solo gameplay, or expect the game to adapt to adapt that way. Go play diablo.

The weird thing is; there some super toxic people in this thread but I can count on one hand (and I'm not from Alabama) after several hundred keys this expansion the number of people who left keys I was in, in a way that was unjustified. There are more toxic people in an unpopulated thread on MMO-Champ than I have experienced in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Naville View Post
    What M+ has to do with that?

What about people leaving raid (and guild) because they didn't get their loot, 15 years ago?
    What about leaders asking for a heroic ICC gear level to do normal Ulduar, 12 years ago?
    What about randoms on LFR who think they know better a boss than players who killed it on heroic, 8 years ago?

Exactly same shit - the only difference I see is that saying this is 'toxic' wasn't so fashionable.
    Your progress is saved in a raid. This comparison makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Naville View Post
    What M+ has to do with that?

What about people leaving raid (and guild) because they didn't get their loot, 15 years ago?
    What about leaders asking for a heroic ICC gear level to do normal Ulduar, 12 years ago?
    What about randoms on LFR who think they know better a boss than players who killed it on heroic, 8 years ago?

Exactly same shit - the only difference I see is that saying this is 'toxic' wasn't so fashionable.
    What youre talking about are toxic player behaviors. There's not much the developpers can do to prevent guild drama, unreasonnable gear requirement or rude behaviors, except try to not encourage them.
    The M+ keystone system was toxic from the start, and theres nothing you can do about it without a complete revamp of what happens on a failed/incomplete attempt. It won't happen until WoW players recognize how much it exacerbates bad behaviors, and i have no faith of that happenning anytime soon.

A world where leaver penalties are heavy handed is a world in which the already diminishing “non elitists” get absolutely no shot in the queue, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Your progress is saved in a raid. This comparison makes no sense whatsoever.
    To be fair, look at time lost in each scenario, and its not that different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It’s purely abusive behavior that should be banned, because 99% of the time they do it because 1 out of 5 failed so they abuse 3 out of 5 there without deserving it.
    No. You're not entitiled to waste my time.

And tbh even if there was a leavers penalty, I'd still rather leave and take the penalty, than spend an hour dragging some dudes through a +15.

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    A world where leaver penalties are heavy handed is a world in which the already diminishing “non elitists” get absolutely no shot in the queue, ever.
    Why? Are these people prone to leaving? Why would they not be able to climb the ranks the same as now?
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    Oh man the irony, you seem to have no idea what the context is in the perspective of the group leader.
    You are being annoying to them, if there is a healer OR tank in any M+ group you'll have 20+ dd applicants in a minute, many of them overqualified.

They are not declining specifically you, they simply found someone else, it sucks but that's life and your choice for playing dd.
    some people cant comprehend that in MMO game there are other people than them and think the whole world should stop when they want something...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    I wouldn't say massive penalty, but why not atleast flag their names when they queue up with other people groups? I think it'd be fair for other people to know if you ragequit easily.
    The more they leave (ragequit), the heavier the flag under their name gets. That way I assure you they'd think twice before leaving.
    people would just afk or disconect from game instead of leaving, so someone else gets the flag

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    The M+ keystone system was toxic from the start
    nope
    system is fine, a small part of playerbase (lets call them assholes) are occasionaly fucking it up for other normal people, and that is truth about literaly any system in wow, or in another multiplayer game to be fair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It’s purely abusive behavior that should be banned, because 99% of the time they do it because 1 out of 5 failed so they abuse 3 out of 5 there without deserving it.
    A ban isn't the way forward, but the first one to leave (or voted out) should be barred from all instance content (5man, raids, BGs, arenas), for the remainder of the weekly lockout, battle.net account wide.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    No thanks. When I'm trying to get my alts thru a 15 and they repeatedly decline me even though I'm entirely capable of timing any 15... I love nothing more than to find them on my main, queue up, smash the meters and drop group after first boss. ^_^
    I would say be careful when you queue. Don't end up in my group if you plan on doing that!
    But we would have to be doing the same key level for that to be a concern, so you are safe.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Why? Are these people prone to leaving? Why would they not be able to climb the ranks the same as now?
    Every run has a chance to go south. Add heavy penalties and you can be sure group leaders will choose even more careful who they take.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    A ban isn't the way forward, but the first one to leave (or voted out) should be barred from all instance content (5man, raids, BGs, arenas), for the remainder of the weekly lockout, battle.net account wide.
    So you join a M+ group, and its going fine. Its Wednesday evening, and you are having a great time. CLICK - there is a power outage - someone has hit a power pole. It is nearly an hour before they get things back up - sadly, you wont be playing wow for the rest of the week.

You are enjoying your first M+ of the week, when click - you nudge the power button on your PC with your toe - such a shame you wont be playing wow at all for a week.

You get midway through a run, and realise you have overstretched – everyone has a quick chat and agrees with a laugh that they wont be completing the dungeon – now everyone stalls as the first person to leave wont be playing wow again for a week.

You are rushing through a low level key to help a friend – the server crashes – you wont be playing wow again for a week.

Now, before anyone offers the “solution” of “yeah but you have to LEAVE the group to trigger this. This just leads to a scenario where quitters don’t leave the group, and simple ALT+F4 and walk away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Every run has a chance to go south. Add heavy penalties and you can be sure group leaders will choose even more careful who they take.
    Im asking how they would pick differently?

blizzard made an utterly flawed system that breeds toxicity and asocial play in an mmo.

your best hope is to stick to a guild or some friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    No thanks. When I'm trying to get my alts thru a 15 and they repeatedly decline me even though I'm entirely capable of timing any 15... I love nothing more than to find them on my main, queue up, smash the meters and drop group after first boss. ^_^
    *golf clap*

Its impossible to police this. Should people be punished if they join a pug and the tank keeps pulling the entire dungeon over and over for 3 hours? Just make friends.

The problem is how much of the core activity of this game people view as some sort of box to check off with minimal time put in rather than something to be enjoyed. People refuse to acknowledge this and how much of a flaw it is in content and the game play that comes out of it.