Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    mage tower or any other "shiny thing" won't be enough, the game needs fundamental change and I have zero faith in the wow team or blizz as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I think people very much overestimate how popular the mage tower really was.
    I have tried for years to explain this to people, but rose tinted glasses, warped by the mad rush in the last couple of weeks have people convinced it was a super popular piece of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I have tried for years to explain this to people, but rose tinted glasses, warped by the mad rush in the last couple of weeks have people convinced it was a super popular piece of content.
    Popular in that people tried it (multiple times) not that they beat it and earned the appearances. It was a major activity of people in my guild/server at the time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    What if they decide to return the Mage Tower?
    Do you think WoW's subs are so low that Blizzard needs to bring back this popular feature?
    No and there is 0.00% chance of it happening.

Classes have been changed significantly since Legion and there is no way they would spend the effort to re-tune 7 encounters for 36 specs for old content.

You might see a Torghast 'challenge' in 9.2ish time frame - but Mage tower from Legion is gone forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I actually never understood why they just removed it. To keep the challenge, they could make you scaled down like MoP challenge mode.
    That would have worked if they didn't make some of the challenges very dependant on the current talents and abilities each spec had, which we don't anymore. But I still agree its a shame they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    Popular in that people tried it (multiple times) not that they beat it and earned the appearances. It was a major activity of people in my guild/server at the time
    From when it was released until the end of the expansion? Or for a small window towards the end? Because although it was a good talking point for the entire time it was released, it was not somethign "casuals" relaly did until the very end. My experience was a few of us did it earlier on, but it wasnt until late expansion when the masses really started becoming interested, and it really only received full attention right at the end.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I agree 100%, I'm also in favor of blizz bringing back challenge modes (MOP/WOD) , it wouldn't hurt me at all - heck I like seeing the sets on people because I think they still look good
    Same. I also wouldn't mind allowing people yo experience the Legendary Cloak questline again either.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mage tower? It was a good piece of content, but it's not even close to being enough for me.

What I require, is a red-hot wire coat hanger down my ear, until I've forgotten I've been playing this game since vanilla beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Mage Tower was purely executing an challenge tailored for the spec.
    It was no where near "tailored for the spec"...

There was, IIRC, 4 different scenarios to cover 34 specs, that's on average 8,5 different specs per challenge. It was tailored for nothing!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    There are signs of a coming 9.1.5 patch. Probably, Blizzard would implement a little bit of lore, reduce the grind, and maybe they implement a Legion time walking.

What if they decide to return the Mage Tower?

Would your return 1 week just try to get the artifact skins?

Do you think WoW's subs are so low that Blizzard needs to bring back this popular feature?
    I hope they don't. The reason I got them all back then was because they'd become unavailable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

There was, IIRC, 4 different scenarios to cover 34 specs, that's on average 8,5 different specs per challenge. It was tailored for nothing!
    They were tailored per role, obviously. And to be done solo.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

I remember there being more than 4 scenarios, but it has been quite a while, and off the top of my head, i cant remember them all. Although not specifically tailored for each spec, they were spec specific.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me that most people that have quit this game do not make a decision to return based on one side-feature or mini-game. They return for expansions. How long they stay depends on what's in the launch content.

I don't think most people who have quit the game, who never posted much on forums, or haven't paid attention to recent news about World of Warcraft are even aware of what is in a patch.

You gotta stop thinking that the very tiny percentage of people who post here are representative of anything. Seriously it's only a few hundred people, tops. In comparison to the size of the world customer-base it's nothing.

TL-DR: No, people won't come back for a mage tower, most people who have left won't even know.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    they simply need to revert all changes before that trashy pre scourge event for sl went live Good luck
    love WoWarcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Just remove millions and millions of systems that everyone is fed up with... and lots of people will return. And of course... SoloQ. Tons of people will resub just to try it out.
    And what does people will do? Game will just turn into do dungeons/raids or quit. m i supostu remind you that those systems exist becouse playeres had nothing to do outside of instanced content?

Would love a mage tower again for appearances. Want a druid tank, but the bear form is so ugly without swole bear...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    And what does people will do? Game will just turn into do dungeons/raids or quit. m i supostu remind you that those systems exist becouse playeres had nothing to do outside of instanced content?
    Systems are not content - and if you read through the feedback, the most common complaint without questions is all the systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Would love a mage tower again for appearances. Want a druid tank, but the bear form is so ugly without swole bear...
    Swole bear is best bear. That was by far the one i pushed for the earliest, and managed to get. It wasnt really hard, but popping swole bear at the start of a random dungeon / pug always got a good response. Most of the xmogs were pretty good, but that bear form was my favorite i think.

Systems are not content - and if you read through the feedback, the most common complaint without questions is all the systems.
    Yes systems are content. They give you reason to do world content. And yes people complain about it becouse 99% of players have no clue what they want. Those complains would just turn into "there is nothing to do Blizzard" just like back in WoD. Most people dont see impact of changes they demand.

Yes systems are content. They give you reason to do world content. And yes people complain about it becouse 99% of players have no clue what they want. Those complains would just turn into "there is nothing to do Blizzard" just like back in WoD.
    No, you even say it yourself - systems are NOT content - they are used to encourage (force) players to do content they otherwise would not do. The solution is not more systems, its making the content enjoyable by itself, without a system in the background forcing them to do it.

No, you even say it yourself - systems are NOT content - they are used to encourage (force) players to do content they otherwise would not do. The solution is not more systems, its making the content enjoyable by itself, without a system in the background forcing them to do it.
    Enjoable? And how? Hmmm? Even if you make instanced content enyojable people will just blast trough that content on day 1 and have nothing to do for rest of expansion.

Enjoable? And how? Hmmm? Even if you make instanced content enyojable people will just blast trough that content on day 1 and have nothing to do for rest of expansion.
    What on earth are you talking about? People dont "blast through" M+ and Raids on day 1 and do nothing for the rest of the expansion now, why would they if we removed the systems? This is completely illogical.
    And yes, make the content enjoyable, you know, because this is a game. Why do you think this is such a wild concept?

What on earth are you talking about? People dont "blast through" M+ and Raids on day 1 and do nothing for the rest of the expansion now, why would they if we removed the systems? This is completely illogical.
    And yes, make the content enjoyable, you know, because this is a game. Why do you think this is such a wild concept?
    Yes they do. Becouse majority of players will always choose path of least resistance. Which is LFG and LFR. People like you will never undestand that players doesnt care about mythic+ and constantly refarming same content over and over but this time on highher difficulty. Thats not new content. It same content but harder and players are not interested in such content.