Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, no. I did it as a Frost DK, wouldn't be interested to resub because of it. I can imagine other people would resub for it, though.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

No not really. I will not return until the parasitic systems driven spreadsheet design and whoever is responsible for it is removed.

It doesn't matter how good the rest of the content is as long as it's in the game.

People are really salty they never got those appearances

It would be great to be able to get those transmogs since I only played my warrior at the time but that is definitely not worth resubbing. Mage tower is rereleased, i re sub to get the transmogs, then un sub? then why did i even bother to get the transmogs? makes no sense. Also, as shitty a pill as this is to swallow, some things are just better off being exclusive or at least better off not being touched again after a decision about its future has been made.
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

10+ Year Old Account
    if they re open I would gladly make alts and play to get those fairly cool appearances yes
    another proof that removing content is stupid
    make it hard, and constantly hard, not removed

Meh, I wouldn't mind if they did it for those who still want the weapon appearances but it wouldn't affect me since I already got them all. I'm sure some people would resub for it (and probably unsub again right after getting them), but I doubt it would bring back a large number of players. Even if they added the few mounts and appearances that I didn't get before they were removed I wouldn't resub for them. Appearances aren't worth the time if the current game isn't that fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    There are signs of a coming 9.1.5 patch. Probably, Blizzard would implement a little bit of lore, reduce the grind, and maybe they implement a Legion time walking.

What if they decide to return the Mage Tower?

Would your return 1 week just try to get the artifact skins?

Do you think WoW's subs are so low that Blizzard needs to bring back this popular feature?
    It would have to be something new I did all the specs in Legion and have all of those skins.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I actually never understood why they just removed it. To keep the challenge, they could make you scaled down like MoP challenge mode.
    Would be messed up considering all the class changes (balance would be whacky, either way easier, or way harder).

I'd rather they'd come up with new Mage Tower-like challenges, instead of dilluting a once-great one. Doesn't seem too complicated, i reckon. Just get an intern to work on it for a couple of weeks.

There are signs of a coming 9.1.5 patch. Probably, Blizzard would implement a little bit of lore, reduce the grind, and maybe they implement a Legion time walking.

Do you think WoW's subs are so low that Blizzard needs to bring back this popular feature?
    i would quit (though i am currently not playing) and never return. it was advertised as a limited time thing before it was put in game. if blizz tries to bring it back, it would crap on the effort i went through to learn different classes to earn exclusive xmog. it's not too different than challenge mode dungeons from mop and wod. they were exclusive rewards and they shouldn't come back. the fact that people want these unavailable items is part of why the current game is crap. things are too available.

even in cata, when the handout gear design was mostly starting to become normal (it started in wrath but cata made it the norm), people would still look at people who could clear the hardest content with awe. not just because of the skill but because of the armor. the coolest crap came from there and people gained aspirations because of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Subs will plummet untill BLZ manage to hire people with a passion and vision for gaming, which in turn require BLZ/Activision to take down the shareholder ONLY fanatism a notch or two cos it is the requirement for that to happen.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I think people very much overestimate how popular the mage tower really was.
    Very much. It was hated at first when it was actually a challenge. Public opinion turned around after it was nerfed (the tank one in particular) and we got ToS/Antorus gear to make it easier if not faceroll.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account

What a joke, why not just give everyone every single prestige item in the game since 2004 upon logging in
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

F..k No. Mage tower made me lose a lot of hair. I don't want see that shit ever again.

Nope, shouldn't have removed that in first place. Too much fomo/lost stuff to recommend it to new players even if i did all of them.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I actually never understood why they just removed it. To keep the challenge, they could make you scaled down like MoP challenge mode.
    There are loads of ways to have kept it in. Even if toolkits for classes changed. Just have the game client pull up a library of 7.3.5 spellIDs and restrict gear selection to -pre-8.0 (if scaling down not possible cleanly). Then tune characters down to 110 to match what they were when last available.

But people keep on rigidly thinking that’s not possible, takes too much work (how you are just copy pasting old work nothing is made from scratch except the transition step to get to old values), or that it invalidates everyone’s work that did it when it was said to be time-restricted.

Part of me wishes it was in just to see how mad people could get but then again I don’t cause then it would cause people to want to play the game again. Which is also bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    What a joke, why not just give everyone every single prestige item in the game since 2004 upon logging in
    How did you jump from: putting a game mode in that would require completion to earn the old fomo; to just logging in nets you everything removed since the game’s inception?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Did.......did you just compare the MT to.....Torghast? Good god man, you cant honestly stand by that comparison, can you? And yes, they absolutely have abandoned it - Can you still do it? No. Have they said they will make it playable again? Nope. Have they created a new version of it over the last two expansions? Nope, they have not.
    At least Torghast is repeatable and gives a reward that is relevant. And in some cases (certain specs and ilvls) it's actually challenging, compared to mage tower.

Mage tower you did once per spec and that was it. Basically 10 min worth of content for each spec where all you gained was a weapon transmog. Torghast has pets, mounts, titles etc.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    They were tailored per role, obviously. And to be done solo.
    To be done solo, doesn't take account of the extreme difference in how classes and specs scale.

Take a look at Proving Grounds; some classes breezed in endless (e.g. DKs) where others struggled to meet silver (e.g. Druids), which was a requirement to do dungeons.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    At least Torghast is repeatable and gives a reward that is relevant. And in some cases (certain specs and ilvls) it's actually challenging, compared to mage tower.

Mage tower you did once per spec and that was it. Basically 10 min worth of content for each spec where all you gained was a weapon transmog. Torghast has pets, mounts, titles etc.
    And how many iterations has torghast gone through since closed beta?

Maybe… quantity within a piece of content doesn’t mean that it’s something people find appeasing but rather that completion of said task after the prepping and losing a few times on it.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I think people very much overestimate how popular the mage tower really was.
    It was very good for me at least, i finished all 36/36 specs in mage tower. Too bad they didn't allow for a requeueing once you finished it

Honestly? Yes.

I have already completed 36/36, and I never cared for the rewards anyway. Did I enjoy the rewards? Sure. Enough to do content solely based on them? Oh, gosh no. But I did enjoy the Mage Tower. I made it my challenge to complete all of them without looking up guides, and I did 35 out of 36 that way. I'm proud of that. However much that is worth.

What I hated about Mage Tower was that they were not repeatable. I leveled up alts of the same classes for the sole reason of doing some of them again!

Now, I didn't complete them when they were first released, because, well there was a gear gap between me and mythic raiders. I did complete nearly all of them long before they became free, though.
    The only ones I did not do before they were free were the ridiculously difficult one (Havoc DH), and the straggler specs I always hated enough to not even put relics into the off-spec weapons (like Holy Priest, Enhancement Shaman).

I think I did close to 500 pulls with Havoc DH (across 2 and eventually a 3rd DH) before them becoming free, before giving up. When the artifact weapon overload event happened (eg, it becoming free), I needed another 386 (exactly) pulls before I killed it. With consumables.
    Yet, with my frost DK who I forgot to respec out of PvP spec, only one relic in the weapon, I literally one-shot the event. By accident. Same boss. Before it got free. Wildly different results. Just so much easier.

And that was another thing I liked. It was the same fights, but they were tuned very differently.
    The pool sizes and the way adds and infernal behaved on the tank challenge.
    Doing disc priest without interrupting.
    Not realising until pull 6 I had to flare out the guy on Survival Hunter.
    The bubbles on imp mother having wildly different health levels.
    The twins fight was just fun on any different character.
    The skyhold one being so different on Ret, Ass, Arcane..

Same bosses and encounters, wildly different fights.

So yes, despite having done them all, I would resub just to be able to do all of them again. Power level would be way whack with all the changes and stuff. But they were honestly my favourite moments I've had in the game since WotLK. I've had fun besides that between the two, but not on that level.