Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    There's no science that says mandatory public school is optimal. It isn't. Learning from home or voluntarily attending school is what's optimal for their education.

The pandemic is causing more people to explore distance learning so that might be the only positive thing that came from the pandemic.
    Again, no evidence for that exists. Meanwhile you suggest we move away from trained professionals and methods that have worked for over 2000 years.

You can't even back up that parents(who work) are somehow better at this.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-08-16 at 12:15 AM.

There's no science that says mandatory public school is optimal. It isn't. Learning from home or voluntarily attending school is what's optimal for their education.

The pandemic is causing more people to explore distance learning so that might be the only positive thing that came from the pandemic.
    There is no science that says X is good.
    Y is good despite there being no science that says so.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously don't understand how some Americans can be so naïve about getting vaccinated. Delta is absolutely steamrolling your country right now and people just want to pretend like it isn't happening. Meanwhile case numbers here in Canada have cratered hard and been at a steady low count for a while. Like 80% of our eligible population will be vaccinated before America gets even close and you guys had over a couple of months head start before we started even getting shipments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I seriously don't understand how some Americans can be so naïve about getting vaccinated. Delta is absolutely steamrolling your country right now and people just want to pretend like it isn't happening. Meanwhile case numbers here in Canada have cratered hard and been at a steady low count for a while. Like 80% of our eligible population will be vaccinated before America gets even close and you guys had over a couple of months head start before we started even getting shipments.
    Well, when you have the guy that wants to claim all the credit for it, but won't give advice to his followers to get it, and claimed it was a hoax and was the flu for a fucking year, and you have 74 million people that voted for him, it isn't surprising that a good portion of his followers aren't smart enough to understand the science and that people are trying to help them stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Anyone guess which county I'm in? Anyone?

It sucks that my brother and his oldest caught Covid last week. They're doing good last I heard and here's hoping it doesn't get worst.
    From what I can tell it's Ware County Georgia, if I remember it correctly.

Take care, and good luck in getting through all of this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    There is no science that says X is good.
    Y is good despite there being no science that says so.
    So? He was making claims of science, not me. How young people ought to be educated is more philosophical. I'm not sure how the topic could be scientific/testable when the competing sides are optimizing for different values which have a moral component.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-16 at 01:17 AM.

So? He was making claims of science, not me.
    Wrong, you were making claims on science.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-08-16 at 01:05 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I think Fear and how someone lets it influence their decisions has a large impact on it. There is also a demographic of US Citizens that simply do not trust their government, especially after the lies to seed us into the Iraq & Afghanistan Wars, so they are naturally weary when anything is pushed heavily. I would like to think that the more an individual lets Fear control their lives, and the more trust they have in their Government, the more willing they are to take the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    I think Fear and how someone lets it influence their decisions has a large impact on it.
    Yet Republicans don't "fear" the Coronavirus.

There is also a demographic of US Citizens that simply do not trust their government, especially after the lies to seed us into the Iraq & Afghanistan Wars, so they are naturally weary when anything is pushed heavily. I would like to think that the more an individual lets Fear control their lives, and the more trust they have in their Government, the more willing they are to take the vaccine.
    Wrong, They trusted Trump.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-08-16 at 01:36 AM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Yet Republicans don't "fear" the Coronavirus.

Wrong, They trusted Trump.
    I don't believe Republican politicians/talking heads are pushing as heavily for vaccinations as the Democrats, and I believe it's Republican states that are leading the charge against mandating tyrannical anti-COVID procedures. Outside of the media & political realm, the Right is still pushing hard against any vaccinations, tyrannical mandates (whether from Republican or Democrat governors), and passports.

They trusted Trump, yet balked at him when he was recommending the vaccines.

Republican states that are leading the charge against mandating tyrannical anti-COVID procedures. Outside of the media & political realm, the Right is still pushing hard against any vaccinations, tyrannical mandates (whether from Republican or Democrat governors), and passports.
    Wrong, the Republicans are leading the charge in Anti-Science, Anti-Mask, and Anti-Vaccine rhetoric and policy.

They trusted Trump, yet balked at him when he was recommending the vaccines.
    Wrong, Trump did not tell people he was Vaccinated.

Red states are leading the charge for most self-inflicted deaths among children.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Wrong, the Republicans are leading the charge in Anti-Science, Anti-Mask, and Anti-Vaccine rhetoric and policy.

Wrong, Trump did not tell people he was Vaccinated.
    Use whatever political rhetoric you wish, but yes, Republicans are pushing a freedom of choice concept when it comes to COVID-19, the mandates, and the vaccinations. Trump told his constituency to get vaccinated, and the Right balked at it.

Use whatever political rhetoric you wish, but yes, Republicans are pushing a freedom of choice concept when it comes to COVID-19, the mandates, and the vaccinations.
    It's not Political Rhetoric, it's a fact that Republicans spread COVID misinformation.

Freedom of Choice to spread the Disease in schools, Hospitals, and other places.

Trump told his constituency to get vaccinated, and the Right balked at it.
    After he lied to people about getting the Vaccine himself and still Refuses to promote Vaccinations.

Trump was also responsible for spreading COVID misinformation Constantly ignoring and fighting against his top Medical Advisors.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-08-16 at 02:39 AM.

Use whatever political rhetoric you wish, but yes, Republicans are pushing a freedom of choice concept when it comes to COVID-19, the mandates, and the vaccinations. Trump told his constituency to get vaccinated, and the Right balked at it.
    This is exactly the type of rhetoric that absolutely guarantees that the delta variant will infect and kill one heck of a lot more Americans. If we go the route of England and India before us, EVENTUALLY the virus will go away. But in the meantime, it won't be pretty at all. And a lot more Americans will die.

You are fighting for the right of Americans to choose to kill off other Americans. And winning that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    This is exactly the type of rhetoric that absolutely guarantees that the delta variant will infect and kill one heck of a lot more Americans. If we go the route of England and India before us, EVENTUALLY the virus will go away. But in the meantime, it won't be pretty at all. And a lot more Americans will die.

You are fighting for the right of Americans to choose to kill off other Americans. And winning that fight.
    And it pretty much guarantees that it will keep mutating into something that is deadlier and resistant to these vaccines and therapeutics that are working on it right now. They are going to end up telling people to stop coming into the hospital again when they can't breathe and we are going to have thousands more dying because of it we won't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post

Partisan rhetoric, but that's your prerogative.

Partisan rhetoric, but that's your prerogative.
    Wrong
    That is not partisan rhetoric, it's a statement about what you're fighting for.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-08-16 at 02:53 AM.

Would make things easier if you just came out and said you hate America instead of dancing around these posts and constantly posting lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Would make things easier if you just came out and said you hate America instead of dancing around these posts and constantly posting lies.
    I love America, even served overseas. Have you served your country?