Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    The Conservative talking point that illegal immigrants are fueling the rise in COVID-19 cases in the US isn't based in reality and something I believe that you, and others on this forum, are continually getting tangled in. The notion I presented earlier is completely reasonable, unless COVID-19 isn't as contagious as you, and others are making it out to be.

As I said earlier, this topic is about COVID-19 and how to impacts border security, I believe there are other topics to discuss COVID-19 in a more general sense.

- - - Updated - - -

If foreign travelers entering into the US are enough of a threat to the public for the government to require them to be vaccinated, it would be a little unusual to approach the US/Mexico illegal border crossing with less concern, no?

Again, one of several reasons on why border security is important. The fixation on COVID-19 is only part of the problem. I don't see much in the way of discussion towards arms/drug smuggling, or the entrance of individuals who are a national security threat to the US, so I'd imagine it's safe to assume that everyone in this discussion agrees with me.
    Here, let me hold your hand a little bit.

Go to www.google.com, and find a fucking source that illegal immigrants are having any impact on the numbers anywhere. They aren't traveling to Florida to inflate their numbers and deaths, because they would probably be too weak to get there if they do have it. Just because that fucking moron Ron Deshitis says it, doesn't make it fucking true. He is only try to keep his gullible followers interested in him til he runs in 2024. Here is to hoping his favorability keeps going down because of how fucked it is going on in Florida.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, one of several reasons on why border security is important. The fixation on COVID-19 is only part of the problem. I don't see much in the way of discussion towards arms/drug smuggling, or the entrance of individuals who are a national security threat to the US, so I'd imagine it's safe to assume that everyone in this discussion agrees with me.
    The "other reasons border security is important", to conservatives, generally just boils down to outright malicious racism and xenophobia.

The US borders are already plenty "secure". Most illegal immigration occurs through visa overstay, not bypassing border security. You're pushing disinformation to provide cover for malicious motives.

President Trump isn't in Office anymore, if President Biden is serious about his travel mandates regarding vaccinations of Foreign citizens entering the US, then unvaccinated illegal immigrants should be a concern as well. Again, one of several reasons why border security is paramount.
    The only way they would be a concern with the virus would be if 10 million unvaccinated came across the border all at once.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be a stretch to believe that a highly contagious virus that the world is cyclically shutting down for, pushing vaccines & vaccine passports for, and is continually a topic of conversation on the nightly news, wouldn't be spread through a specific group of individuals just because they are either a) seeking Asylum or b) crossing the US/Mexico border illegally.

Again, one of several important reasons for protecting our border.
    I've never seen someone try so hard to be so wrong.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, there's no evidence of asylum seekers coming here with covid and spreading it. This is just a bog-standard xenophobic, anti-immigrant talking point for conservatives.
    People without common sense need data to understand that shit stinks. This flow of migrants is a textbook example on what not to do to quarantaine a virus .
    But this is not about covid but about importing more democratic voters regardless of the dire consequences this is going to have for the long run

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    People without common sense need data to understand that shit stinks. This flow of migrants is a textbook example on what not to do to quarantaine a virus .
    But this is not about covid but about importing more democratic voters regardless of the dire consequences this is going to have for the long run
    But why would republicans be worried about immigrants with a virus that they believe is no big deal? Is the immigrant virus too spicy? Why are they worried about more voters for democrats if republican policies are so good and people vote for them so often?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Punishing people for something there is no evidence of them doing it, just shows your fucking racism. This isn't common sense because there is no fucking evidence they are bringing the virus here. They have higher vaccination rate in Mexico, than the states that are having the issues. And how would they get from the Southern Border, through Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia to get to Florida where DeShitis is literally advocating for people to die because he can't do the bare fucking minimum to save his constituents in his state?

And illegals aren't voting, and it literally takes them years to get citizenship to vote, possibly even fucking decades. And you pushing the "Great Replacement" conspiracy theory, when not only are you not on this fucking continent, but in Sweden, is fucking sad. Especially when most of our illegal immigration comes from people overstaying their flights.

Again, one of several reasons on why border security is important. The fixation on COVID-19 is only part of the problem. I don't see much in the way of discussion towards arms/drug smuggling
    Yet more Fear Mongering BS, there is no massive threat of Arms smuggling from Mexico to the USA.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-08-16 at 10:46 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    People without common sense need data to understand that shit stinks.
    How about you go tell all your conservative buddies to get vaccinated and wear a mask before you get so concerned about the virus coming from immigrants. The hypocrisy is just unreal.

- - - Updated - - -

But this is not about covid but about importing more democratic voters
    so you'd be in favor of open borders if immigrants voted republican then. Gotcha.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    How about you go tell all your conservative buddies to get vaccinated and wear a mask before you get so concerned about the virus coming from immigrants. The hypocrisy is just unreal.

- - - Updated - - -

so you'd be in favor of open borders if immigrants voted republican then. Gotcha.
    I am just going to let you know, he has said this multiple times, but I believe he is from Sweden, pushing outright American conspiracy theories and racism.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Punishing people for something there is no evidence of them doing it, just shows your fucking racism. This isn't common sense because there is no fucking evidence they are bringing the virus here. They have higher vaccination rate in Mexico, than the states that are having the issues. And how would they get from the Southern Border, through Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia to get to Florida where DeShitis is literally advocating for people to die because he can't do the bare fucking minimum to save his constituents in his state?

And illegals aren't voting, and it literally takes them years to get citizenship to vote, possibly even fucking decades. And you pushing the "Great Replacement" conspiracy theory, when not only are you not on this fucking continent, but in Sweden, is fucking sad. Especially when most of our illegal immigration comes from people overstaying their flights.
    But muh racism. pfehh as if Democratic americans have any rights to lecture other people about racism.

1. A lot of migrants do not come from Mexico
    2. Even if you are vaccinated you can still be a carrier
    3. Most vaccines are about 70% effective against the D variant
    4. Most of these people are malnourished and had a physically harrowing journey so a perfect breeding ground for virusses and bacteria.

So if anybody says to me there is no data its very likley that the data is inconvenient and not published

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I tell everybody to get vaccinated but i can laugh at both sides stupidity. Anyone claiming that this migrant influx is not one of the causes of the covid resurgence deserves to be laughed at . But i laugh at the anti vaxxers as well.

But muh racism. pfehh as if Democratic americans have any rights to lecture other people about racism.
    Wrong.

So if anybody says to me there is no data its very likley that the data is inconvenient and not published
    Yet another BS conspiracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone claiming that this migrant influx is not one of the causes of the covid resurgence deserves to be laughed at.
    You don't have proof.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-08-16 at 12:47 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    . Anyone claiming that this migrant influx is not one of the causes of the covid resurgence deserves to be laughed at
    since it's so obvious it shouldn't be hard to find data to support this then. Have at it.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Anyone claiming that this migrant influx is not one of the causes of the covid resurgence deserves to be laughed at .
    This kind of rhetoric might trick fragile men and sixteen year old gamers into subscribing to your idiotic ideas, but in reality, adults or anyone with an ounce of self esteem isn't afraid of being laughed at by an idiot who is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nah, he's German.
    Just going by what he has said.

- - - Updated - - -

1. A lot of migrants do not come from Mexico
    2. Even if you are vaccinated you can still be a carrier
    3. Most vaccines are about 70% effective against the D variant
    4. Most of these people are malnourished and had a physically harrowing journey so a perfect breeding ground for virusses and bacteria.

Yeah, literally nothing but the first 2 points were right.

Common sense demands a quarantine of most red states....y'know, like a walled, manned border.

- - - Updated - - -

. Anyone claiming that this migrant influx is not one of the causes of the covid resurgence deserves to be laughed at . But i laugh at the anti vaxxers as well.
    I'm laughing at you and your silly rhetoric...o but wait, maybe you have a source of information that nobody, including conservatives, don't know about? Please share. Because conservatives would really love to be able back up their lot of nothing they have.

People without common sense need data to understand that shit stinks.
    If we're trying to quantify how much that shit stinks, and figure out a solution to counter that stink...yes? I mean, use your imagination just a touch.

This flow of migrants is a textbook example on what not to do to quarantaine a virus .
    Yet we don't have any data indicating that there's any meaningful or statistically significant spread due to asylum seekers.

But do you know what we do have? Mountains of data that the increased spread is due to anti-vaxx conservatives living in conservative states, filling hospitals to capacity. Including with their children.

But muh racism.

You know, it's interesting how racists have to resort to conspiracy theories when they're unable to provide evidence that their racist beliefs have some basis in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    He's got you covered there!

Oh thank goodness. Convenient how the "data" is always being suppressed for their arguments. It's a weird grand conspiracy akin to almost every medical professional in the US somehow being in a grand conspiracy about covid or every scientist around the world in a grand conspiracy about climate change and shit.

I mean, this is a sick joke. It's a joke that racist's want to say immigrants are a bunch of plague rats while we have governors in states Like Florida who want to withhold people's paychecks for wanting to wear masks... the phone call is coming from inside the house.