Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadaukar View Post
    I don't want to disagree with ur first sentence, but if u're talking about Bellular, then he never said that he quit wow. He actively raids and to my knowledge he said before 9.1 that he wanted to do even more wow content (like m+) than normal. He's just enjoying FFXIV on the side when he has time to afaik.
    Not talking about anyone in particular as I don't watch them, but because I watch some stuff related to WoW, videos from youtubers keep poping up as suggestions and I see some of them with videos about them quitting and then a lot of other new videos related to wow.

Like .. making videos for years about how wow sucks and blizz sucks and just makes stuff just to take people's money (can be true or not) and finally making a video about how you quit then keep on making videos about how wow sucks just to take views is just hypocrisy.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-08-17 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    You're talking about Bellular, I saw that clip and it's actually pretty funny. "Double stygia bois! New game!"

Such a weird thing to get mad about, obviously some rates are being more relaxed as the game progresses, but in this case, the grind was way too big to get the rewards from it (I never bothered with it, and played only the 1st month of shadowlands anyway, but that was the impression I got).

Also the biggest WoW channel on youtube as far as I know, is AsmongoldTV, which only has clips from Asmon's streams

Many of WoW's youtubers/streamers make really good content and are very entertaining. Lets check some of the bigger ones:

Asmongold - the man, the legend. I almost never watch his streams, I'm a youtube guy, not a twitch guy, but I watch many of his clips on the AsmongoldTV channel. Very entertaining, and lots of funny moments.

Bellular - amazing work rate, great content, the addition of Matt is a welcomed one, he has 3 channels now, he's taking over youtube, and later, the world.

Preach - fantastic content and a great human being, someone to aspire to. The "drama time" series are some of the most entertaining stuff I ever listened to on youtube. It's a huge loss that he won't be covering WoW anymore. I also regret that I didn't attend any of the Preachcons, with the covid situation and him not covering WoW anymore, who knows if there will ever be another one.

Nobbel - Quality lore content. I barely watch him, because I don't care much about the lore, but he's really good at what he's doing.

Taliesin & Evitel - Good, high quality content with a lot of very nerdy jokes. Maybe he's too positive sometimes, but I like his channel.

I watch some other WoW youtubers sometimes, some of them are doing a good job IMO (signsofkelani, hazelnutty games, soulsobreezy, madseasonwow (who quit) ), and some of them less so. I don't come across bad or toxic WoW youtubers too often, but if I do, I don't stick around to watch more of their videos. One example of those is HeelVsBabyface, I don't like what he's doing.

I also want to point out that I'm not some kid who looks up to his youtube heroes, I'm 41, and I happen to enjoy some of the WoW content on youtube.
    Cmon man, you cant leave out Accolonn. This guy deserves a MUCH larger following than he already has.

Its obvious that blizzard make bad changes that rise up play time, so moneymen are happy, but they already know its shit and prepare changes. And when its the right time they change it and everyone is like "finally blizzard listened!!!! We are on a good track again!!!!"

Blizzard these days focusing on how to earn the most money and not how to make the best games.

Devs arent stupid, they know what is shit and what is not (mostly). I mean lookt at diablo - it doenst gain any money after the release so they were forced to drop it. Hots makes no money? Drop it.

i dont really care what blizzard is doing, i know the good times are gone and future games we will get are focused on generate money, not making a good game. And thats the reason we dont get a WC4 or Starcraft 3 - you can take your ips/time/money and invest in something different that makes more money, or making the same amount without any big risks.

You've got to understand their livelihood depends on everyone liking World of Warcraft. Only a few content creators have the clout to be able to openly criticise WoW and leave without losing everything they've worked for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    SNIP

Taliesin & Evitel - Good, high quality content with a lot of very nerdy jokes. Maybe he's too positive sometimes, but I like his channel.

SNIP
    Funnily enough, the entire reason I still follow Taliesin & Evitel is because of the chronic positivity. They are the only WoWtube channel I still follow and watch despite quitting the game a few expansions ago because I am specifically looking for positive opinions and perspectives.
    Even though I quit the game, it was without malice or hatred (except the removal of ranged Survival), and I still have fond memories and nostalgia for the game, to the extent that I still rate it as one of my all time favourite games. I specifically listen to T&E's positive perspectives because I want to be talked back into the game; I want to be convinced that what is happening in the game is worth my time and money to play, and I'm not going to get that by listening to negative feedback.

I didn't really say anything hugely relevant to the OP, but I'm content to leave an opinion that is loosely on topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikza View Post
    You're literally generalizing a mass of people and putting them all in the same category simply because you don't like that type of entertainment.
    No, because even now you can help yourself from the knee jerk reaction to the comments I made which is that it's all pure and utter garbage with little or almost no value, as you presented no argument other than simply to point out that yes, I am saying all of it.

More of the above. You don't like it, so you're not even saying how wrong it is, you're plainly insulting everybody that doesn't share your taste. Thats how bullying and discrimination exist. Someone pretends they're above someone else because they do something they dont actually like. Thats 0 respectful and way too childish. I'm sorry.
    Yes, it's harsh, but the fact is so much of it is garbage and contributes to the worst stupidity we see today, almost like Cable Public Access anyone and everyone who thinks they should tell people about themselves and be famous come to find others like them.

I admit there are exceptions to YouTube and other platforms like say Facebook or Tiktok being garbage, but not enough with the consensus made by many others.

You've just thrown a widespread term into the mix. This just shows how CLEARLY you don't understand what you're saying. Cancel culture has NOTHING to do with a, like you say it, consequences of finding who these people really are. Cancel culture (modern ostracism) has been dubbed as such because of how it helps wronged people feel vindicated. While I don't personally agree with it 100% (a whole other discussion with a LOT of nuances), CC is now used on everything that some people do not like, wether it's reasonable or not to call out a specific person on their behaviour.

No it's not it's just held onto by people with no shame and not sense of decency who skated on by being utterly shit human beings and condoning it. The Cancel Culture they cry about has always existed it's called accountability, only now there is hard proof, for which people will still fucking lie and only apologize for to save $$$$$$.

I think it's fine people being judge harshly based on them being shit human beings, it doesn't matter who it is.

What you're doing is actually a wrong cancel culture move: "I dont like this, I think everyone who does is an idiot and JUST LOOK AT HOW USELESS THEY ARE. CANCEL THEM.
    "

No I responded to the topic about YouTubers in general or more specifically Social Media

More of the same.

Please don't tell me they should be all cancelled.
    Sure they should, probably as time goes on they likely mostly will.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Biggest problem i have with youtubers is.

They always rush their "reaction" to information to be the first to react to it, and most of the times they havent really understood the information in the rush to be first and get alot wrong.

And then its already to late and their followers are spreading information which isnt accurate.
    Bellular in particular is fairly open about how they just make content to appease the algorithm. Everyone is just gaming the system for clicks and money, there isn't much else to it.

If Blizzard designed a raid encounter where the only way to parse was to spam /split at the mob and jump the entire fight, that's what everyone would do. People play to the incentives that exist.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

The only bigger fool is the fool who watches the fool.

People who treat youtubers as gospel are the biggest fools of all
    Last edited by prwraith; 2021-08-17 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Cmon man, you cant leave out Accolonn. This guy deserves a MUCH larger following than he already has.
    I never heard of him until a few weeks ago when a clip of his got into my recommended. Yeah, he's pretty good from what I've seen.

Streamers are people. You get loads of idiots on this forum too, who pretend to be better/smarter/more mature and so on than some group of people - i.e. telling that people who watching streamers/youtubers are nolifers, loosers or idiots and so on.

Statistically you are bound to get such people into the streamer world too - I mean dumb. My advice is never to watch any hardcore haters or defenders and people who are overlooking point's which don't suit their narrative.

“Since the early content is less”.

No. 9.1 is just as disappointing with fuck all to do. Canceled my sub when I saw how small the patch was.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No, because even now you can help yourself from the knee jerk reaction to the comments I made which is that it's all pure and utter garbage with little or almost no value, as you presented no argument other than simply to point out that yes, I am saying all of it.
    You saying all of it IS the argument. How ironic is it that you're complaining about the misuse of cancel culture while you're doing exactly the same?

Yes, it's harsh, but the fact is so much of it is garbage and contributes to the worst stupidity we see today, almost like Cable Public Access anyone and everyone who thinks they should tell people about themselves and be famous come to find others like them.

I admit there are exceptions to YouTube and other platforms like say Facebook or Tiktok being garbage, but not enough with the consensus made by many others.
    That's entirely different. Saying that is an opinion. Belittling others because they dont share your opinion is, once again, ironically contradictory.
    I think we can all agree that there is good and bad content. Both of them produce revenue, and both of them have viewers. You saying that there can be an exception doesn't actually make the fact that you generalized something out of your own hate for it go away. It's called a fait divers, a common discursal fallacy.

No it's not it's just held onto by people with no shame and not sense of decency who skated on by being utterly shit human beings and condoning it. The Cancel Culture they cry about has always existed it's called accountability, only now there is hard proof, for which people will still fucking lie and only apologize for to save $$$$$$.

I think it's fine people being judge harshly based on them being shit human beings, it doesn't matter who it is.
    I really urge you to brush up in the historic frame for the cancel culture, accountability and modern ostracism if you wanna have an opinion on this.
    By what you're saying, cancel culture is made up and only serves to somehow "dethrone" those that you dont like, under a false premise of indecency and shit human behaviour? Where is the sense in this?

No I responded to the topic about YouTubers in general or more specifically Social Media
    With an undertuned response solely based on your hatred for the platforms involved.

We've come full circle.

On a final note: It's ok to have an opinion for, neutral or against something. But please, if you ever spew one again, try to think about the reasoning of your opinion. If it's just what you like and dislike that mold it, i.e., pure egocentrical reasons with full detriment to what others like, keep it to yourself.

P.S.:
    Sure they should, probably as time goes on they likely mostly will.
    Predictions based on your opinion, based on your ego. Oh internet

What did Asmogold do this time.

I'm confused...

what does this have to do with being naive?

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Currently possibly the most popular youtube channel on wow (I won’t name names to not be considered an attack to them) has a video describing how the devs “decided” to double the stygia regards and how that change “was long needed” and they “finally” decided to do that and it should had been done earlier etc. etc.
    I can’t fathom how that can be a popular source of “information” when it’s been clear for MANY expansions now that it’s ROUTINE to increase the rate of gaining resources and obviously that is BY DESIGN before the expansion even launches since the early content is less and people more eager to grind.
    Since you are not naming any names, I'd assume is the "B" channel. They aren't being naive, they probably just don't care. You can tell by their false cheering.

How people can live their lives without discerning what's sarcasm is and is not? It's like talking to a toddler.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranastus View Post
    Funnily enough, the entire reason I still follow Taliesin & Evitel is because of the chronic positivity. They are the only WoWtube channel I still follow and watch despite quitting the game a few expansions ago because I am specifically looking for positive opinions and perspectives.
    Even though I quit the game, it was without malice or hatred (except the removal of ranged Survival), and I still have fond memories and nostalgia for the game, to the extent that I still rate it as one of my all time favourite games. I specifically listen to T&E's positive perspectives because I want to be talked back into the game; I want to be convinced that what is happening in the game is worth my time and money to play, and I'm not going to get that by listening to negative feedback.

I didn't really say anything hugely relevant to the OP, but I'm content to leave an opinion that is loosely on topic.
    They are glass is always half full kind of people, I like them too. Also, when Tali calls something out--and he does--you know it's pretty slimy. I'll miss Preach, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Currently possibly the most popular youtube channel on wow (I won’t name names to not be considered an attack to them) has a video describing how the devs “decided” to double the stygia regards and how that change “was long needed” and they “finally” decided to do that and it should had been done earlier etc. etc.
    I can’t fathom how that can be a popular source of “information” when it’s been clear for MANY expansions now that it’s ROUTINE to increase the rate of gaining resources and obviously that is BY DESIGN before the expansion even launches since the early content is less and people more eager to grind.

Not that mmo c or gd forums poster are the smart people.
    Youtubers will always milks the momentum just like Blizzard milks players time and money.

At best keeping making videos for any "DURR WE KNOW DURR WE KNOW THEY DOUBLED STYGIA NOW INSTEAD OF EARLIER FOR METRICS" will make more people realizing that there is no such thing as "faith in Blizzard" in 2021 and will be easier to let it go and play other games if you are burnt out

Next

Why not spam your diary below the videos you take offense with, instead of doing it here? Also that is not so much naive as a general criticism of Blizzard making resources way too scarce to stretch their piddly content thinner than american beer. If it is the video I think it is, then that was mostly a ranting reaction about the whole situation, because the person in question has pretty much given up on Blizzard with all their bullshit.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

How can you fuck up so many times if you are a professional developer? This is not mmorpg this is a circus. Too many systems. Too many money grabs. So little content. Someone should spank them, oh right, they have been spanked.

Also everytime i read a thread-post on mmo c against wow content creator is like watching qanons calling anti-vaxxer dumb