Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Among the many races of WoW which ones have the strongest alliance or friendship between each other ? The ones that genuinely appreciate each other and work together the best both in time of peace and during wars ?
    Dwarves and gnomes are far and away the closest. Both their storylines often mention their close friendship which was only strengthened when the gnomes took refuge in Ironforge (a great display of empathy and generosity from the dwarves which helped almost immediately differentiate them from the 'gruff and rough but secretly good-hearted' stereotype of fantasy dwarves). They grew so close that the gnomes began studying the Light as priests due to cultural cross-pollination with the dwarves, where before they were culturally agnostic at best, and many of the Alliance's best technological advancements like the steam tank and gunship are the product of dwarven craftsmanship married to gnomish ingenuity. Nobody have been as consistently ride-or-die for one another as the gnomes of Gnomeregan and the dwarves of Ironforge.

For honorable mentions: pandaren and grummles are very close, as are orcs, tauren, and trolls (despite rough sailing during Garrosh's reign), and humans and dwarves.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No lol they were idiots in the first place. You would kill your friends because your boss said so? Right.
    do you realize that everyone who was against the trolls and taurens is dead right now? anyone who did that is not horde anymore

Orcs, literally, went against their own warchief and the blood oath because they chose their friends over the warchief.
    I was actually talking about almost the whole horde holding grudges, but panda, trolls and tauren probably the most out of all, but like I said that wasnt shown very well in game and we continued like nothing happened aftherwards.
    it was not showed because there is no grudges to hold
    You would think that ye.. sadly I never had that feeling with orcs or tauren or trolls in last few years. We had both voljon and baine hating on garrosh and hes horde.
    deep analise

"i don't know then , but their leaders dislike each other, so they hold grudges and are not that close"

As of 2021 and Legion being behind us for some time. The elven friendship of blood elves and Nightborne seems to be a much healthier status.
    nope, because again, they meet yesterday, they are more colleagues than friends

5+ Year Old Account

I imagine this conversation between two computer controlled bots..

That is what that friendship is.. calculating, but weird as f.
    Nah, he's not entirely like that. It only looks like that but it's not.

No lol they were idiots in the first place. You would kill your friends because your boss said so? Right.

I was actually talking about almost the whole horde holding grudges, but panda, trolls and tauren probably the most out of all, but like I said that wasnt shown very well in game and we continued like nothing happened aftherwards.

You would think that ye.. sadly I never had that feeling with orcs or tauren or trolls in last few years. We had both voljon and baine hating on garrosh and hes horde. They even helped eachother(trolls and tauren) in Siege to get away. Also both of their respected leaders who were holding that trinity together are dead(Cairne and Vol 'jin). Thrall is a weener so I left him out.

As of 2021 and Legion being behind us for some time. The elven friendship of blood elves and Nightborne seems to be a much healthier status. I imagine if there grudges here they would just talk it out with some arcwine.. no need to kill eachother.
    The legacy of Garrosh certainly stained the relations between Orcs and Trolls, but it is not a case where the two don't work together or fight for each other. Saurfang and Zappy Boy are an indication of that.

I don't think the bond is as close as it was when Thrall was Warchief and what we read about in the books.

Blood Elves and Nightborne have a bond which is reflective of what the Orcs and Trolls used to have, when Thrall was in place.

It is still a very tight bond, but Blizzard did want to sow the seeds of division between the Darkspear and Kor'kron, but again - Blizzard also did that with the Kor'kron Elite and the Forsaken. Thrall instigated the watch over the Forsaken after Varimatharas was defeated in the Undercity. Garrosh simply carried it on.
    In general, Orcs and Forsaken relations have often been quite poor, at the best times...hell, Blood Elves and Orcs have had better relations - not perfect, but better than that of Orcs and Forsaken.

Definitely not the Horde races. They've been together barely 13 years and they already had a tremendous amount of infighting. At best, you have the Tauren and the Huojin Pandaren being the most amenable to friendship with the other Horde races, but that is a one way feeling. The other Horde races probably don't feel that close of a kinship, and again they've only been together for barely 13 years. There is no long, cultural history of friendship or family friendships that go back generations. The Horde races also have very different cultural values from each other. The Forsaken probably hate the Orcs, as most Forsaken were humans who would have remembered when humanity was nearly genocided by the Orcs. Twice. Goblins are slaver capitalists despised by everyone. Warcraft keeps flip flopping on whether or not the Forsaken are a barely tolerated "necessary evil". And so on.

The Alliance is far more united. Almost all Alliance members have a shared religion: worship of the Light. Same/very similar cultural values. They also have a long standing history with each other that is far more positive than the Horde races' histories with each other. Also, the Alliance doesn't have a violent transistion of power once every two years. The Alliance definitely has the stronger bond.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    The legacy of Garrosh certainly stained the relations between Orcs and Trolls, but it is not a case where the two don't work together or fight for each other. Saurfang and Zappy Boy are an indication of that.

I don't think the bond is as close as it was when Thrall was Warchief and what we read about in the books.

Blood Elves and Nightborne have a bond which is reflective of what the Orcs and Trolls used to have, when Thrall was in place.

It is still a very tight bond, but Blizzard did want to sow the seeds of division between the Darkspear and Kor'kron, but again - Blizzard also did that with the Kor'kron Elite and the Forsaken. Thrall instigated the watch over the Forsaken after Varimatharas was defeated in the Undercity. Garrosh simply carried it on.
    In general, Orcs and Forsaken relations have often been quite poor, at the best times...hell, Blood Elves and Orcs have had better relations - not perfect, but better than that of Orcs and Forsaken.
    Yea its true that, that bond was special back then and truly had a family thing to it. Cairne, Vol jin they were the embodyment of that love triangle realy. It will never be the same and they actually need more build up again. Zappy boi is hardly a figurehead or some one who will mske a big impact, altho he does stand for family.

All that took a big hit and Garrosh was part of that,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    do you realize that everyone who was against the trolls and taurens is dead right now? anyone who did that is not horde anymore

Orcs, literally, went against their own warchief and the blood oath because they chose their friends over the warchief.

it was not showed because there is no grudges to hold

deep analise

"i don't know then , but their leaders dislike each other, so they hold grudges and are not that close"

nope, because again, they meet yesterday, they are more colleagues than friends
    Read above.. that trianle is not the same as it used to be.. they would need some build up.. but it will never be the same as back then with cairne and voljin.

There is much that isnt shown or not well represented in game as you may know and its not hard to imagine grudges against the orcs for being pure aids for more then a year.. Garrosh and hes fam truly damaged that love triangle that its hardly considered one of the better bonds these days.

Nah realy..., nightborne and blood elves have a much better bond easy. Legion wasnt yesterday remember silly?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-08-16 at 09:38 PM.

Gnomes and Dwarves instantly come to mind. I wish we had a bit more of that reflected in game but unfortunately they don't want to emphasize the racial factor in-game, for whatever reason.

Definitely gnomes and dwarves, to the point where the developers seemed to forgot the two were different races in WC3 when they gave the dwarves the gnomes' previous niche.

7+ Year Old Account
    Read above.. that trianle is not the same as it used to be..
    why it would not be?

you keep bringing Garrosh as a "big hit" yet you never showed or explained how, this is entirely your headcanon about the situation

Taurens and trolls would hold a grudge against Garrosh, in specific, and his "true horde" consistent of exiled of the dragonmaw and blackrock, not the rest of the orcs who fight to save then.
    There is much that isnt shown or not well represented in game as you may know and its not hard to imagine grudges against the orcs for being pure aids for more then a year.. Garrosh and hes fam truly damaged that love triangle that its hardly considered one of the better bonds these days.
    Again, your headcanon, only a small amount of orcs sided with Garrosh, there is no reasons or logic sense for the trolls and taurens hold grudge against the orcs that, once again, saved their lives
    Nah realy..., nightborne and blood elves have a much better bond easy. Legion wasnt yesterday remember silly?
    you want to tell me, that elves that meet no more than 2 years ago, have a "much better bond" than the trinity of races who are close together, bleed and fought for each other for the last 10 years? come on, bias have limits

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    why it would not be?

you keep bringing Garrosh as a "big hit" yet you never showed or explained how, this is entirely your headcanon about the situation

Taurens and trolls would hold a grudge against Garrosh, in specific, and his "true horde" consistent of exiled of the dragonmaw and blackrock, not the rest of the orcs who fight to save then.

Again, your headcanon, only a small amount of orcs sided with Garrosh, there is no reasons or logic sense for the trolls and taurens hold grudge against the orcs that, once again, saved their lives

you want to tell me, that elves that meet no more than 2 years ago, have a "much better bond" than the trinity of races who are close together, bleed and fought for each other for the last 10 years? come on, bias have limits
    I only said alot of stuff isnt well represented in game. Examples are things stuck in a certain time or moment and reactions or gurdges might not well be reflected in game.
    Here is the thing.. cus it seems hard? But when my friends the orcs kill my other friends tauren because our boss says so then that shows true friendship.. I mean right.. I already gave you examples.. multiple now. Get your head out of your bum and stop saying a small amount of orcs thats more headcanon then I ever was.

Again... that friendship is still fine.. but it took a big hit when that embodyment died with cairne and Voljin. So sure you can live in 2016 with this, but things changed. I even consider dwarves and gnomes a better bond right now. So nightborne and blood elves arent that far off. You call bias, but you are the person who shows pure bias and you are not ashamed for it, I atleast give other examples. You cant deny Garrosh, but he was the reason that whole thing took a big hit in the first place. It all started with that little shit in Nagrand, but wasnt until wrath when he showed hes a true dick. He will always have those daddy issues, i am glad hes gone for good now.

I always found it weird you kinda stood for that old horde feel, but praise Garrosh.. who was going for a more morgrel horde, but devived the actual horde at the same time.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-08-17 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human-dwarves-gnomes
    Orcs-tauren-trolls

All others seem weaker or too recent to be mentionned.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Humans and Dwarves, Gnomes are super close. Hell they literally made a giant Underground tram between their 2 capitals and Dwarven Royalty have been friends with Human Royalty for decades.

Unlike other races with falling outs, I don't think Dwarves and Humans at least Ironforge and Stormwind variants have ever turned on eachother.

Loyalist High Elves and Humans as well

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Unlike other races with falling outs, I don't think Dwarves and Humans at least Ironforge and Stormwind variants have ever turned on eachother.
    Eh Varian tried to kill Moira, who held Anduin hostage, that would have turned out interesting once Magni returned from his sleep, I doubt he would have forgiven Varian.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Eh Varian tried to kill Moira, who held Anduin hostage, that would have turned out interesting once Magni returned from his sleep, I doubt he would have forgiven Varian.
    Moira being the Dark Iron leader at the time and kidnapping the prince doesn't really fall within the "at least Ironforge and Stormwind variants"

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Moira being the Dark Iron leader at the time and kidnapping the prince doesn't really fall within the "at least Ironforge and Stormwind variants"
    She was/is the legitimate sole heir to the throne of Ironforge and by birth a Bronzebeard, you can't get much more ironforge than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs and demons.

7+ Year Old Account
    I only said alot of stuff isnt well represented in game. Examples are things stuck in a certain time or moment and reactions or gurdges might not well be reflected in game.
    we had plenty of time since mop with books, shortstories, cinematics and the game itself, and there is nothing, you are looking for hair on a egg
    Here is the thing.. cus it seems hard? But when my friends the orcs kill my other friends tauren because our boss says so then that shows true friendship.. I mean right.. I already gave you examples.. multiple now.
    you entire base is about racism, "orcs kill me friends, orcs bad, herp derp" and headcanon, thinking that all orcs did that.

Again, the ones who "killed taurens" are dead, killed by other orcs

you would think they would be racist and condem all orcs because of a few, but that is something an elf would do, taurens are more than that.
    Again... that friendship is still fine.. but it took a big hit when that embodyment died with cairne and Voljin.
    No it didn't, again, its you assuming that.
    So sure you can live in 2016 with this, but things changed.
    changed and their bond is even stronger because the hardship they faced trough the years

So nightborne and blood elves arent that far off. You call bias, but you are the person who shows pure bias and you are not ashamed for it,
    bias by saying the obvious and not agreeing with your headcanon?
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-08-17 at 05:25 PM.

The concept of racism that we are familiar with here in the real world was trotted out earlier...and killed off in the middle of WotLK.

Varian Stormwind to Thrall to
    The time has come to make things right. To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves. Putress was the first strike. Many more will come.
    I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing; What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde...

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone not putting dwarves and gnomes first really needs to stop pretending they're here for lore.

Gnomes and dwarves have shared a nation, resources, lands and cities for hundreds of years, they were, for all intents and purposes, one nation until World of Warcraft soft-retconned them as mostly independant nations that happen to be neighbours.

Second place? Probably the night elves and hippogryphs.

Orcs and Darkspear have a really strong bond, but as shown by Garrosh it can easily be broken or changed into one of hate/distrust.

The first 2 that came to mind are Gnomes and Dwarves. I've spent considerable time on both factions and those 2 seem to go together like eggs and ham.