Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    Trump isn't necessarily the correct leader to guide us into the future but as an agent of change, he caused a lot of people to care about politics again (on both sides). He spent a lot of time ranting, and a lot of time ranting about things wrong with our Federal Government & Corporate America (not all necessarily valid).
    There was this guy in Germany that did something very similar, I bet you'd be a fan of him too.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Remember everyone, you can't tell people they're wrong because "it's giving them a platform" next time a professor gives you a poor score on a test tell them they aren't pushing back and in fact are being "T-ed."

Ignoring stupid is why we have a pandemic right now.
    Except you aren’t ignoring stupid, you are participating and becoming part of the stupid.

He isn’t debating in good faith and you know it. He is attempting to derail the thread and clutter it and you are helping him do it.

Instead of letting a single or few posts go ignored by all because we know what it is you turn it into 20+ pages of shit.

Flat out, he has kicked your ass up and down this thread and multiple others and is continuing to do so in a game you keep pretending you aren’t playing.

If you ever watched “Big Bang Theory” you can recall an episode where Sheldon was talking about some long version of “Rock Paper Scissors “ with a guy who just kept seeing how many times he could get him to repeat the long rules with it. Your Sheldon in that example right now and being played for gullible by him in the process the same way.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    These forums always feed them, I've made a dozen posts over the years just like yours, it's never going to change and you're just setting yourself up for disappointment trying to get people to wise up.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    These forums always feed them, I've made a dozen posts over the years just like yours, it's never going to change and you're just setting yourself up for disappointment trying to get people to wise up.
    I have noticed, watching otherwise intelligent seeming people just throw common sense to the wind feeding them. It’s like they don’t care about anything but debating even if it’s self destructively talking to a brick wall.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I have noticed, watching otherwise intelligent seeming people just throw common sense to the wind feeding them. It’s like they don’t care about anything but debating even if it’s self destructively talking to a brick wall.
    And now you’ve gotten your attention you wanted.

Your smugness and need to show everyone how much better you are is another thing that should be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    And now you’ve gotten your attention you wanted.

Your smugness and need to show everyone how much better you are is another thing that should be ignored.
    Smug has nothing to do with it and I don’t care about attention. The fact that this stuff can be repeatedly brought up only to have otherwise smart people turn into dullards isn’t right and shouldn’t be happening.

Stop trying to go after the messenger just because you don’t like the message.

Edit: And I have been here long enough to check or remember my past on here to know I am not one to go for attention and actually enjoyed debating and asking questions.

Something that can’t happen when the page is full of shit from people debating in bad faith and people willingly feeding them to play along with it.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2021-08-17 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do shit posters become self-aware at 10,000 posts? Or just never?

Then again, if people ear-guzzle Joe Rogan or TYT for four hours a day... is circle jerking with alt-right bots for 20 pages any different?
    It's the same boring hobby, but with slightly different contexts.

Except you aren’t ignoring stupid, you are participating and becoming part of the stupid.
    Is this where I say you're giving me a platform and aren't pushing back? Aren't you participating in the "stupid" or does it not affect you with a bunch of Big Bang Theory facts?

I never said I was ignoring the stupid, I said I'm tired of ignoring it. If you want to change the forum then go be a mod and fix it. They just had an ad for more mods, go and do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Something that can’t happen when the page is full of shit from people debating in bad faith and people willingly feeding them to play along with it.
    "If you tell someone that is obviously wrong that they're wrong then you're feeding them."
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2021-08-17 at 03:38 PM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Is this where I say you're giving me a platform and aren't pushing back? Aren't you participating in the "stupid" or does it not affect you with a bunch of Big Bang Theory facts?

I never said I was ignoring the stupid, I said I'm tired of ignoring it. If you want to change the forum then go be a mod and fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

"If you tell someone they're wrong you're only feeding them."
    You are reaching Orlong levels of disingenuous here.

You are the one knowingly and willingly helping Bronzey to derail this thread into pages and pages of useless crap. You aren’t pushing back on anything because he isn’t really debating anything to push back on when you look at the motives.

And I didn’t say you were ignoring the stupid or not, I said you joined in on the stupid and instead starting contributing to the stupid because you couldn’t help yourself and just wanted to respond to his crap and give him what he was trying to do.

And you are effectively trying to drag me into your level of stupid on this now with your excuses and attempts to justify your willingness to derail the treads giving nothing of value in your posts as all you are doing to feeding a poster that no one is taking seriously anyways because they know they are lying and twisting facts.

He is trying to clutter up the page and he is kicking your ass at his game too.

You can hate being called out for it, but that doesn’t change the fact it’s true. He is kicking your ass up and down this thread in a game you refuse to admit you are playing and he will continue to kick your ass until you admit it or he gets tired as you are effectively fish in a barrel at this point with your posts being in less productive to this thread than this post of mine is right now.

Going to drop this for now, but really, pull your head out your butt and look at what he is doing and how gullible you are being in regards to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Quickie Monday report:
    A suggestion: You should start reporting the 7-day totals (not just averages) and the increase thereof, rather than the daily totals. This will offset the backfill buggery because each day it will pull ALL the increases that have been added to the past week. Then you also wouldn't need to compare the daily total to a week ago.

You'd have to reference your previous post each day, because that's the only place the data will persist, but it might make for a cleaner picture.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...an/8127797002/

The Republican infatuation with Victor Orban and Hungary continues.

"I recognize the liberal left doesn't like Hungary, but there are so many positive things about what they're doing in that country," Johnson told Insider.

The outlet asked Johnson "if he thought Orban's restrictions on free speech and civic society are still problematic."

"I think what's problematic is what's happening in this country in terms of the media censorship and the media bias," Johnson replied, according to the article.
    Petty authoritarians are just fully mask-off nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...an/8127797002/

The Republican infatuation with Victor Orban and Hungary continues.

Reminds me of the tweet I saw commenting that the Taliban is banning gay marriage, abortions, and vaccinations, and wondering if we were fighting on the wrong side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Reminds me of the tweet I saw commenting that the Taliban is banning gay marriage, abortions, and vaccinations, and wondering if we were fighting on the wrong side.
    They can feel free to go live with the taliban, then.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Hey, at least you can criticize China in the US
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Ya'llQaeda and the Taliban have more in common than they have differences

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2FI20K

In which John Cornyn, an idiot (and I am too for getting the wrong John), is dunked on by Chinese media for thinking that the US has 30K troops stationed in Taiwan, so he deletes the tweet and doesn't say anything about it.

Why are these people so stupid?
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-08-17 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

In which Ron Johnson, an idiot, is dunked on by Chinese media for thinking that the US has 30K troops stationed in Taiwan, so he deletes the tweet and doesn't say anything about it.

Wrong John; it's John Cornyn, not Ron Johnson.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

In which Ron Johnson, an idiot, is dunked on by Chinese media for thinking that the US has 30K troops stationed in Taiwan, so he deletes the tweet and doesn't say anything about it.

It's like John Cornyn (not Ron Johnson) had a purpose of trying to egg on China into attacking Taiwan. He certainly got their attention.

This tweet is anti-American to its core. This is not likely to be the event that tips US-Chinese relations into a war scenario. But it's a good start.

This is not stupid. This is malicious.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Wrong John; it's John Cornyn, not Ron Johnson.
    Damnit, I too am an idiot. Albeit a lesser idiot. Ron Johnson, John Cornyn, too many Johns!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    It's like John Cornyn (not Ron Johnson) had a purpose of trying to egg on China into attacking Taiwan. He certainly got their attention.

This tweet is anti-American to its core. This is not likely to be the event that tips US-Chinese relations into a war scenario. But it's a good start.

This is not stupid. This is malicious.
    I doubt this affects Chinese-US relations beyond simply handing more propaganda that the U.S. government is inept and laughable. They won't change their policies based on a single tweet.