Ve'Nari Reputation

Today I hit cordial on a toon and for the first time this rep is no longer account wide.
    Anyone have an idea why ?

It never was?

Some unlocks (Torghast specific ones) are account-wide, but the reputation itself never was.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Today I hit cordial on a toon and for the first time this rep is no longer account wide.
    because f.... altfriendliness in SL thats why ?

same like they removed account wide unlock for VP in 9.1

reason is they want to loose as many players as humanly possible.

I thought that there are certain things that if you bought them on your main, all your toons got to take advantage of that. For other things, everybody needs to buy them.

She now has a weekly quest where you can buy 800 rep for 1000 stygia.

As said, as far as I've experienced, the rep was never account wide in the first place.

It's just that the Torghast upgrades were account wide, and that's it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    The reputation was never account-wide, the majority of the rewards purchased with Stygia from her is, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

some of the items are account wide and if I recall some you can buy so long as one of your characters has the required rep (this being exclusive to Ven'ari)

personally I think the Pandaria idea of faster rep gains on alts once one character is exalted was the best way of handling it, but obviously blizz disagree because they've never attempted it again despite the popularity of that solution

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    some of the items are account wide and if I recall some you can buy so long as one of your characters has the required rep (this being exclusive to Ven'ari)

personally I think the Pandaria idea of faster rep gains on alts once one character is exalted was the best way of handling it, but obviously blizz disagree because they've never attempted it again despite the popularity of that solution
    Aye, I do miss the Mists of Pandaria version of reputation gaining.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not as bad as the other dude you have to turn treasure chest junk into..

I would have sworn it was account wide on all of the stuff he sold but obviously I'm mistaken. Brain fart I guess . Move along. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because f.... altfriendliness in SL thats why ?

same like they removed account wide unlock for VP in 9.1

reason is they want to loose as many players as humanly possible.
    rep was never account wide. The things you bought from her were.

You may be thinking of this (6 April 2021): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...s-june-28-2021

"The ability to purchase items from Ve'nari is now unlocked for all characters on your account based on the character with the highest reputation. To gain access to purchasing the items across all characters on your account, you must log into the character with the highest Ve’nari reputation."

I don't think there's any actual reps in-game that are account-wide (as in the bar itself increases according to cumulative rep across characters), but the rewards being available from Ve'nari should be as long as you've logged into the toon with the highest rep.

Truth be told, I think it's long overdue that rep is grindable across characters for all factions. It's as though it's the only part of the lore where they decided "we absolutely can't ruin that" (i.e. from an NPC perspective, each character is an individual) and yet happens to be one of the pain points for players who like to manage lots of alts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post

Yeah it made the Timewalking useful for panda reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    You may be thinking of this (6 April 2021): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...s-june-28-2021

"The ability to purchase items from Ve'nari is now unlocked for all characters on your account based on the character with the highest reputation. To gain access to purchasing the items across all characters on your account, you must log into the character with the highest Ve’nari reputation."

I don't think there's any actual reps in-game that are account-wide (as in the bar itself increases according to cumulative rep across characters), but the rewards being available from Ve'nari should be as long as you've logged into the toon with the highest rep.

Truth be told, I think it's long overdue that rep is grindable across characters for all factions. It's as though it's the only part of the lore where they decided "we absolutely can't ruin that" (i.e. from an NPC perspective, each character is an individual) and yet happens to be one of the pain points for players who like to manage lots of alts.
    It really depends on what the reputations are for.

Shadowlands reputations are useless beyond buying mounts or back transmogs.
    Before you argue "but muh conduit upgrades and sockets", no, if you are someone who play the content where those matter you'll have the rep farmed anyways.
    For everyone else it's useless.

Which is fine, really.
    The less raw power a reputation has behind it (looking at you, rank 3 essences) the better. And in SL we basically have zero power locked behind reps.

So given this, I think if reps keep being designed this way it's fine really.
    But yea, as soon as you start giving pure power away for rep just go the Ve'nari route and let the upgrades you buy be account wide, if not the rep itself (like torghast upgrades).

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Aye, I do miss the Mists of Pandaria version of reputation gaining.
    Or the tabard system in wotlk

UPDATE: As of today's reset I can now buy almost all of the stuff (crafter mark II*) that I don't have the rep for yet. The only thing
    different from yesterday is the daily reset. The only item I can't buy is the Possibility Matrix and ostensibly the reason is rep. Go figure.

*Yes it's way out of date but sadly, I'm a completionist.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2021-08-18 at 09:16 PM.