Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Removing /spit is just emblematic of the current generation of pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    Removing /spit is just emblematic of the current generation of pussies.
    +10,000

Who exactly is it that is whining to Blizzard over the whole /spit thing in the first place? I get spit in by alliance all the time. It makes me proud, as it means I’m doing my job correctly. I wonder how many grown men actually cried IRL for being spit on in game? F’ing sad little pussies indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    +10,000

Who exactly is it that is whining to Blizzard over the whole /spit thing in the first place? I get spit in by alliance all the time. It makes me proud, as it means I’m doing my job correctly. I wonder how many grown men actually cried IRL for being spit on in game? F’ing sad little pussies indeed.
    I think there's a big correlation between the people that bought the boost and those that cry IRL. Blizz only doing this because they make money off the crybabies and don't want them to leave before they purchase the next microtransaction

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I think there's a big correlation between the people that bought the boost and those that cry IRL. Blizz only doing this because they make money off the crybabies and don't want them to leave before they purchase the next microtransaction
    Starting from the basic why do people play computer games? To have fun. Is being constantly insulted fun? Nope unless you're some kind of masochist. In my opinion this emote shouldn't have existed in the first place but I find it's existed kindly surprising as Blizzard made business on players hate towards each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Is being constantly insulted fun?
    Insulted by what, though? Pixels? You're not being spat on, in reality. It takes a certain kind of spineless special to correlate the two. People saying "grow up" to anyone defending the emote really need to say the same to anyone complaining that it exists in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Relikk View Post
    Insulted by what, though? Pixels? You're not being spat on, in reality. It takes a certain kind of spineless special to correlate the two. People saying "grow up" to anyone defending the emote really need to say the same to anyone complaining that it exists in the first place.
    Not by pixels but by person sitting in front of different computer. It take certain kind of special mentality to believe that it has no effect on other people. If an npc does that it doesn't hurt anyone as it's truly "by pixels". It's different if it's coming from actual people.

Nonsense. Learn to differentiate. If you're of stable mind then it's second nature, but obviously these people are mentally ill and need help, or they need to stop living their lives virtually for a little while instead of exacerbating their conditions by allowing themselves to get worked up over something as inconsequential as an emote in a video game.

Nonsense. Learn to differentiate. If you're of stable mind then it's second nature, but obviously these people are mentally ill and need help, or they need to stop living their lives virtually for a little while instead of exacerbating their conditions by allowing themselves to get worked up over something as inconsequential as an emote in a video game.
    Seriously? All you can do is to insult people that prefer to have fun without being insulted all the time? If you went to restaurant with friends after a long day of work would you be happy if you get insulted while eating? Or by a bartender while ordering a drink? "Live and let others live" or rather play and don't harass other players.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 2021-08-18 at 01:02 PM.

Seriously? All you can do is to insult people that prefer to have fun without being insulted all the time? If you went to restaurant with friends after a long day of work would you be happy if you get insulted while eating? Or by a bartender while ordering a drink? "Live and let others live" or rather play and don't harass other players.
    I personally don't care but I get where both sides are coming from. The ppl that buy the boost just want to hop on and do tbc content. The ppl that hate ot see it as the introduction of microtransactions in classic which started out with the intent to be a re-release, not a reformation. The spitters are just afraid of what kind of microtransaction, token, whatever bullshit that will more than likely be here by wrath because of these boosties. They spit on you because they know you are helping blizz bring in changes they don't agree with

I personally don't care but I get where both sides are coming from. The ppl that buy the boost just want to hop on and do tbc content. The ppl that hate ot see it as the introduction of microtransactions in classic which started out with the intent to be a re-release, not a reformation. The spitters are just afraid of what kind of microtransaction, token, whatever bullshit that will more than likely be here by wrath because of these boosties. They spit on you because they know you are helping blizz bring in changes they don't agree with
    This is true and I understand where their emotions come from. I don't play classic but if I did I wouldn't like if they'd add in-game shop to it with tokens and boost. Yet I find spitting on people that bought something from official shop quite unfair. They've spend their own money on it and even if they got boosted it didn't make them more skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    This is a very well said post and articulates the root of the issues wonderfully imho. I still maintain though that if there ever was a scenario where it would be acceptable for a mmorpg to have a level boost in it, TBC is that scenario. Its a 15 year old game and it begins at level 58 (don't give me that 'tbc starts at lvl 1 BS). If I didn't want to play Classic at all, but when TBC comes out and I can't wait to jump in and play with friends, but don't want to have to spend 1000 hours getting to level 58-60, then the boost is perfect for people like me and allows me to jump right in and play the game that's being advertised.
    I agree. But that brings up the question of why shouldn't it be free then? Add a 1 time boost to every account. Could give them a mount already in the game. No new hearthstone animation.

I agree. But that brings up the question of why shouldn't it be free then? Add a 1 time boost to every account. Could give them a mount already in the game. No new hearthstone animation.
    That would actually be the best solution.

That would actually be the best solution.
    I'm sure thered still be some complaining because "changes" but it would help quiet the claims of greed and monetization. A compromise id definitely make.

People get upset and insultive BECAUSE of pixels, its the people that are toxic because someone uses a mount that started this. They are the one that need to grow up.

I feel like the Blizzard of old would've taken note of this by mailing everyone on BC the mount so players were indistinguishable from one another.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does making it free suddenly make it acceptable? Doesn't that just show how petty the objections are? That it isn't about it being in the game but about them not wanting to pay for the stuff that supposedly "Goes against the spirit of original TBC". That is of course ignoring how the TCG loot cards existed and where a form of micro transactions at the time and they even saw updated models.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Myokony View Post
    People get upset and insultive BECAUSE of pixels, its the people that are toxic because someone uses a mount that started this. They are the one that need to grow up.
    Thats only the perspective of one side tho. From the spitters side, the view is the booties paid extra money to blizzard, sending the message that they are ok with this monetization and further changes, thus they are the ones that started it

15+ Year Old Account
    I was a bit surprised they didn't add one boost to every account, but at the same time I was not surprised at all. Is that weird to say like that?
    Isn't that what the character clone service was? Give you a free boost on TBC realms that copied your classic character over. It even gave you the option of paying to keep it on both classic types.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why does making it free suddenly make it acceptable? Doesn't that just show how petty the objections are? That it isn't about it being in the game but about them not wanting to pay for the stuff that supposedly "Goes against the spirit of original TBC". That is of course ignoring how the TCG loot cards existed and where a form of micro transactions at the time and they even saw updated models.
    Half the complaints are about monetization. Remove the monetization and there's be less complaining. Removing the specific mount and hearthstone would also make them indistinguishable once they replaced their communal gear

- - - Updated - - -

I was a bit surprised they didn't add one boost to every account, but at the same time I was not surprised at all. Is that weird to say like that?
    I 100% feel this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Isn't that what the character clone service was? Give you a free boost on TBC realms that copied your classic character over. It even gave you the option of paying to keep it on both classic types.
    Thats a great option for those that played classic. But doesn't help ppl that didn't but want to play tbc. Which I imagine is a large % of boosties

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats a great option for those that played classic. But doesn't help ppl that didn't but want to play tbc. Which I imagine is a large % of boosties
    But wouldn't that just cause complaints from those who do not want "changes"? Isn't it weird to fight against mounts being added to the game while also wanting a boost?