Page 32 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The last time they sacked Kabul, they promised “no revenge” before castrating the former leader and stringing him up on a lamppost.

https://twitter.com/davidgura/status...97433917739010
    Words, words from the Biden administration. They can surprise me and successfully evacuate 5-10,000 Americans from Kabul, but until then, their press statements will be treated the same as when Biden promised there would not be helicopter airlifts like Saigon and the Taliban would not take control when troops were pulled out.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Hmf...leaving Afghanistan was going to happen eventually. A matter of "when" not "if."
    The question was which president would have political capital to spend to do it and still have time to recoup from the political hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf...leaving Afghanistan was going to happen eventually. A matter of "when" not "if."
    The question was which president would have political capital to spend to do it and still have time to recoup from the political hit.
    The political hit is mainly mainstream media and warhawk bullshit. Most Americans don't care they just wanted out. In the end Biden will get a boost for getting out. If the white house media department has any brains they can easily reverse the media narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should of never been there in the first place. 20 years and over a trillion dollars down the drain and for what? Absolutely fucking nothing. This is where my radical libertarian side comes out in anger. The US has no business trying to "bring democracy" to any nation except their own. If we don't like a nation state, just cut them off financially in the future and/or destroy their assets.

It is obvious the Afghanistan military had no desire to fight back. They basically just gave up and all the training and arms they carry are going straight the hands of the Taliban.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    What countries do you think are “greater”? BRB getting my popcorn.
    This clip from HBO's "The Newsroom" is still applicable today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTjMqda19wk

The statistics aren't 100% accurate, but they're not flat out wrong, as it was fact checked.

https://www.zebrafactcheck.com/the-n...-in-the-world/

None of that is saying America is bad, but that the claim that America is "the greatest" is not at all supported by pretty much any metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Or...they're lying.
    Well yeah, that's what I said in the bit you left out.

The mishandling by the dutch goverment of this event... makes me sad. Lying about evacs, failing to provide support to fellow people or former cooks, security and translators. Why is the Netherlands doing so bad lately? First covid, now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    The mishandling by the dutch goverment of this event... makes me sad. Lying about evacs, failing to provide support to fellow people or former cooks, security and translators. Why is the Netherlands doing so bad lately? First covid, now this.
    Rutte being a cunt?

i'm reading some chatter that the vice president of afghanistan has rallied a resistance.

This thread reeks of western political and cultural hubris.

It is quite amusing how people who have no clue what they are talking about spouting such nonsense at the top of their lungs.

/chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    i'm reading some chatter that the vice president of afghanistan has rallied a resistance.
    bunch of holdups headed to the Panjshir Valley. Bit late now mind you.

Yeah, some military has fled the country with military aircraft and stuff. The Afghans will never accept a foreign puppet leader, they should better stay out of Afghanistan or the people will never find the peace that is long overdue

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Yeah, some military has fled the country with military aircraft and stuff. The Afghans will never accept a foreign puppet leader, they should better stay out of Afghanistan or the people will never find the peace that is long overdue
    he's with some famous general's son supporting him, might go a ways towards gaining support.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    bunch of holdups headed to the Panjshir Valley. Bit late now mind you.
    rumor is that some of the army was tricked by their higher ups into surrendering their weapons.

just rumors though afaik.

he's with some famous general's son supporting him, might go a ways towards gaining support.

rumor is that some of the army was tricked by their higher ups into surrendering their weapons.

just rumors though afaik.
    would be nice to see the taliban get IED'd while driving american humvees

heres a nice story for you :

Afghan ambassador in Tajikistan says President Ashraf Ghani escaped with $169m worth of cash in bags before Kabul fell to the Taliban
    what a fucking pigfucker

i saw he has stuffed a few cars and a helicopter a few days ago but not that much..
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2021-08-18 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now the US goes back to funneling weapons to the mujahideen?

Also...

WaPo: Opinion: The mujahideen resistance to the Taliban begins now. But we need help.

Opinion by Ahmad Massoud

Ahmad Massoud is the leader of the National Resistance Front of Afghanistan.

In 1998, when I was 9 years old, my father, the mujahideen commander Ahmad Shah Massoud, gathered his soldiers in a cave in the Panjshir Valley of northern Afghanistan. They sat and listened as my father’s friend, French philosopher Bernard-Henri Lévy, addressed them. “When you fight for your freedom,” Lévy said, “you fight also for our freedom.”

My father never forgot this as he fought against the Taliban regime. Up until the moment he was assassinated on Sept. 9, 2001, at the behest of the Taliban and al-Qaeda, he was fighting for the fate of Afghanistan but also for the West.

Now this common struggle is more essential than ever in these dark, tense hours for my homeland.

I write from the Panjshir Valley today, ready to follow in my father’s footsteps, with mujahideen fighters who are prepared to once again take on the Taliban. We have stores of ammunition and arms that we have patiently collected since my father’s time, because we knew this day might come.

We also have the weapons carried by the Afghans who, over the past 72 hours, have responded to my appeal to join the resistance in Panjshir. We have soldiers from the Afghan regular army who were disgusted by the surrender of their commanders and are now making their way to the hills of Panjshir with their equipment. Former members of the Afghan Special Forces have also joined our struggle.

But that is not enough. If Taliban warlords launch an assault, they will of course face staunch resistance from us. The flag of the National Resistance Front will fly over every position that they attempt to take, as the National United Front flag flew 20 years ago. Yet we know that our military forces and logistics will not be sufficient. They will be rapidly depleted unless our friends in the West can find a way to supply us without delay.

The United States and its allies have left the battlefield, but America can still be a “great arsenal of democracy,” as Franklin D. Roosevelt said when coming to the aid of the beleaguered British before the U.S. entry into World War II.

To that end, I entreat Afghanistan’s friends in the West to intercede for us in Washington and in New York, with Congress and with the Biden administration. Intercede for us in London, where I completed my studies, and in Paris, where my father’s memory was honored this spring by the naming of a pathway for him in the Champs-Élysées gardens.

Know that millions of Afghans share your values. We have fought for so long to have an open society, one where girls could become doctors, our press could report freely, our young people could dance and listen to music or attend soccer matches in the stadiums that were once used by the Taliban for public executions — and may soon be again.

The Taliban is not a problem for the Afghan people alone. Under Taliban control, Afghanistan will without doubt become ground zero of radical Islamist terrorism; plots against democracies will be hatched here once again.

No matter what happens, my mujahideen fighters and I will defend Panjshir as the last bastion of Afghan freedom. Our morale is intact. We know from experience what awaits us.

But we need more weapons, more ammunition and more supplies.

America and its democratic allies do not just have the fight against terrorism in common with Afghans. We now have a long history made up of shared ideals and struggles. There is still much that you can do to aid the cause of freedom. You are our only remaining hope.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    would be nice to see the taliban get IED'd while driving american humvees

heres a nice story for you :

what a fucking pigfucker

i saw he has stuffed a few cars and a helicopter a few days ago but not that much..
    just conjecture, but its starting to look like him & the other more corrupt officials threw the army & the civilians under the bus to bail.

protests in jalalabad against the taliban are being fired upon.

Hasnt the US already aided the Mujahideens, who subsequently hepled the talibans in the 90s?

- - - Updated - - -

just conjecture, but its starting to look like him & the other more corrupt officials threw the army & the civilians under the bus to bail.

protests in jalalabad against the taliban are being fired upon.
    So another civil war is coming... Who will back who?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Oh no, more bloodshed. That exactly what the Afghans need right now.../s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Oh no, more bloodshed. That exactly what the Afghans need right now.../s
    Oh yeah, because the Taliban will surely uphold what they said about being peacef-

Oh no right, they're already marauding the streets beating people with makeshift weapons and purging any dissenters to their regime.

So much for no bloodshed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Hasnt the US already aided the Mujahideens, who subsequently hepled the talibans in the 90s?
    Well, yes, that's why I said "...US goes back to funneling weapons..."

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils