I think you meant "multiple 5 1/4 inch floppies"

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    oh please. It's cassettes or nothing. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Not a spool of paper tape?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Not a spool of paper tape?
    I agree that it was cassettes when thinking of getting games to the computer in the early days. You could actually buy such games for them.

Obviously there were paper tape and punch cards for earlier computer, but the number of persons that used for them playing games was small - and I don't know if they were sold.

I'm starting to miss asteroids...and pong.

Last time I was at my mum's house I found my box of games for the BBC Micro....giant floppies galore

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The first games I played were ones I had to type in myself from a book my dad brought home from the library

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Last time I was at my mum's house I found my box of games for the BBC Micro....giant floppies galore

The first games I played were ones I had to type in myself from a book my dad brought home from the library
    I think I still have one of those kinds of books up in the loft. Now we really are going old school.

Its a homoerotic depiction of a half-nude barbarian man with a massive sword made out of plastic.

I have already disposed of my collection of tapes and floppies. Whichever of those games stood the test of time is online somewhere in emulated or remastered format.

Activision-Blizzard HR department now accused of shredding evidence.

No bottom for this barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Activision-Blizzard HR department now accused of shredding evidence.

No bottom for this barrel.
    https://twitter.com/Megan_Nicolett/s...51288944644106

Sauce for that.

Also California has expanded the lawsuit to cover contract/temp workers as well. Seems like the quiet period didn't do Activision-Blizzard any favors. Well, they're not doing themselves favors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wow.... just fucking wow!

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Wow.... just fucking wow!
    Yeah, if they can prove that that's uh...very bad both for the company and for any idiot dumb enough to have shredded documents.

Protip: If your employer asks you to break the law, or get close to breaking the law, don't do it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Sauce for that.

Also California has expanded the lawsuit to cover contract/temp workers as well. Seems like the quiet period didn't do Activision-Blizzard any favors. Well, they're not doing themselves favors.
    Looks like we're in - Possible? - Felony Territory now boys and girls. Goddamn.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Sauce for that.

I doubt we are going to see any light at the end of this dark tunnel for a while yet, and I don't think we've hit rock bottom yet.

Yeah, this shredding of evidence may not be evidence itself, legally speaking, but it is pretty damning. There's absolutely no denying that the higher-ups knew these things were happening, had files on everything, knew it was wrong, and didn't hesitate to sweep it under the rug.

Was something similar discovered in the Ubisoft or Riot Games cases, by the by? I didn't follow those very closely but seems to me destruction of evidence sounds less like a case for a worker's right court that can only gives slap-on-the-wrist fines and more like an actual crime.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    So instead of cleaning out all of the shit stacking up in their company, they opted to just keep raising the ceiling to make room for more.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So instead of cleaning out all of the shit stacking up in their company, they opted to just keep raising the ceiling to make room for more.
    Kinda ironic how the leadership employs the same design principles as their devs.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

It just never ends with these people does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I doubt we are going to see any light at the end of this dark tunnel for a while yet, and I don't think we've hit rock bottom yet.
    We know how they treat full time employees, you can only imagine how badly the temps get it.