Page 34 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Speaking as someone with a deranged sense of humor who has visited the darker parts of the internet for amusement I have noticed that roughly a half decade ago Islamic extremists started to infiltrate what you would consider... alt right? Neo nazis, whatever they are commonly called now.

At first there was a lot of pushback but overtime they converted a fair share of them. It's to the point they have started to post call to prayer reminders. The crazed alt right is really becoming a thing of yesteryear as Islamic extremists have taken over.
    I could also see the extreme rise of Incel Culture and the Black Pill in those spheres being a factor in far right trolls simping for the Taliban nowadays. I mean, for all of their many many many a thousand times more many flaws, the culture seems pretty diverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    I could also see the extreme rise of Incel Culture and the Black Pill in those spheres being a factor in far right trolls simping for the Taliban nowadays. I mean, for all of their many many many a thousand times more many flaws, the culture seems pretty diverse.
    I assumed a group that believes in a philosophy of might makes right simply folds into the strongest group that mirrors a fair chunk of their previous beliefs myself but I've never really dwelled on it.

If I recall a poll PEW research did (may be outdated by now), but as much as Afghanis believe in democracy, they believe that Islam should be a part of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If I recall a poll PEW research did (may be outdated by now), but as much as Afghanis believe in democracy, they believe that Islam should be a part of their lives.
    I have a suspicion that if that poll was done competently ( I doubt it was) those pulled were not being honest.

You don't just sweep in without the consent and support of the people.

I have a suspicion that if that poll was done competently ( I doubt it was) those pulled were not being honest. You don't just sweep in without the consent and support of the people.
    I'm pretty sure the poll was a decade old.
    Likely still relevant though. The dominant religion isn't going away in anyone's lifetime.

Likely still relevant though. The dominant religion isn't going away in anyone's lifetime.
    there's degrees of religion though.

I suppose so and religion and preferred political system while overlapping are not likely to be one to one as well. I think I see your point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    there's degrees of religion though.
    I think that is more a western concept. For most religion is religion you follow it or you don't. The buffet style you just practice parts or even just the vague outline of it is more a western idea.

At one point in time...30...40yrs ago? I might have seen Turkey as the Islamic counterpart to the Christian United States. Turkey's goverment was insistently secular at the time, and most of the population seemed to reflect that while praying 6x a day which was simply part of the daily routine.

god i hate the electorate

july:

AFTER they get what they supposedly wanted
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/bid...er-2021-08-17/

lol heres he thing in the new poll which really shows how STUPID americans are

think about it 50% say we should go back and fight the taliban AGAin
    and 61% think we should withdraw...wrap your head around that
    americans THINK they want something, but they really dont, and cant seem to make up their mind unless partisan media tells them to

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post

july: https://www.thechicagocouncil.org/si...l%20figure.png

https://i.gyazo.com/3aea1aaec3bf57e5...bb8dab5b11.png

americans THINK they want something, but they really dont.
    biden just needs to hold his ground for about a month & they'll forget about it.

In a month we may be dealing with increasing pandemic death tolls.

the taliban has popular support and most support their ideals (based on the pew polls) the taliban is basically right now it seems a super fucked up government with popular support, thats why the afghan military didnt want to fight them.
    Taliban is basically a legitimate government and is already recognized by russia and china. We tolerate and support many governments with fucked up ideals- if the taliban dosent attack americans, and dosent harbor terrorist who attack americans again. americans will probably end up not caring. pre 2001 we were totally cool with them until 9/11.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...rrorism-2021-8

Man, it seems like this is the start of a beautiful love affair between Republicans and the Taliban.

Seriously, IMO they should start moving there in droves. They can have their ultra-conservative dream-life with the big, strong, manly Taliban who hate Facebook too.

Remember when there was something called "AMERICA FIRST"? I do, it wasn't too long ago. But these guys who promoted it sure don't seem to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    the taliban has popular support and most support their ideals (based on the pew polls) the taliban is basically right now it seems a super fucked up government with popular support, thats why the afghan military didnt want to fight them.
    Taliban is basically a legitimate government and is already recognized by russia and china. We tolerate and support many governments with fucked up ideals- if the taliban dosent attack americans, and dosent harbor terrorist who attack americans again. americans will probably end up not caring. pre 2001 we were totally cool with them until 9/11.
    While sharia-law views are popular, I doubt the same goes for the Taliban. Afghanistan being split up in multiple tribes means they are just going to accept that only one of those tribes will be in power for the whole country.

Afghanistan is far too tribal for it to be an united country.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Demonrats in complete denial and looking for everyone but themselves and Corn Pop to blame
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Hey, women in Afghanistan are being kicked out of Universities and their places of work, told to get "back in the kitchen" and have become second class citizens again.

But hey some crazed alphabet person is mad that some white guy misgendered someone or used the wrong pro-noun.

Crazed left wingers.

... its all the far rights fault! Reeee!

Fuck off.

Go on, infract me.
    Sleepy man bad!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    biden just needs to hold his ground for about a month & they'll forget about it.
    This is true, the average voter has the attention span of a fruit fly.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...rrorism-2021-8

Man, it seems like this is the start of a beautiful love affair between Republicans and the Taliban.

Seriously, IMO they should start moving there in droves. They can have their ultra-conservative dream-life with the big, strong, manly Taliban who hate Facebook too.

Remember when there was something called "AMERICA FIRST"? I do, it wasn't too long ago. But these guys who promoted it sure don't seem to.
    To be fair they can simply stay at home its coming towards them no need to meet it there.

july:

think about it 50% say we should go back and fight the taliban AGAin
    and 61% think we should withdraw...wrap your head around that
    americans THINK they want something, but they really dont, and cant seem to make up their mind unless partisan media tells them to
    Someone should've told them "You think you do, but you don't."

To be fair they can simply stay at home its coming towards them no need to meet it there.
    Taliban gonna start a land invasion of the US sometime soon? Or are Y'all Qaeda gonna keep cosplaying?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's not hard to find.

Here's one from Kabul.

In outlying villages/towns it's as bad if not worse. Taliban fighters are quite literally raping the countryside. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Kabul:
    https://twitter.com/yamphoto/status/1427704925379760134
    (WARNING bloodied Afghanis)

This is Taliban crowd control in Kabul

https://twitter.com/EenaRuffini/stat...74797645418504
    Even for Americans reaching the airport perimeter, their trial is not over.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Taliban gonna start a land invasion of the US sometime soon? Or are Y'all Qaeda gonna keep cosplaying?
    Call it a hunch or perhaps it's more of knowledge you get from being edgy but Islamic extremism seems to be taking root in those who are already among..the far right I think you call it now?

O there is some level of revulsion between the two, foul fighting awful if you will but there is enough common ground there that in time I can see the two folding into one another.

Is it a far stretch for you to see the parallels between the far right and Islamic beliefs?