Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Maybe spend more time reading exactly what I said. ARTIFACT INVENTORY SCREEN. ARTIFACT ENHANCEMENT SCREEN. You're looking at the CHARACTER ARTIFACT screen.
    Oh no, I understood what you said, I'm just pointing out you're, yet again, creating a problem for no reason. You see those little red locks? There's your solution:

Step 1. Filter artifacts.
    Step 2. Equip desired artifact to character of choice
    Step 3 (optional). Lock it
    Step 4. Infuse everything else into it.

Clearly, if your inventory is full, you're spending days doing nothing but farming artifacts, so just infusing willy nilly shouldn't be an issue for you.

All caps me all you want though, it doesn't make your idea remotely necessary or needed, you're just too stubborn to use the currently perfectly adequate system. I'll throw it on the pile of all the other weird issues you have with the game that literally no-one else has.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    All caps me all you want though, it doesn't make your idea remotely necessary or needed, you're just too stubborn to use the currently perfectly adequate system. I'll throw it on the pile of all the other weird issues you have with the game that literally no-one else has.
    Ah, so can I mass lock things so I can go back and unlock only ones with defensive main stats? Or would I have to spend hours sifting through crap just to lock all the ones but the absolute bottom tier artifacts I am currently comfortable using as enhancement fuel?

How many artifacts do you think meet the following criteria, because these are the delineations I use:
    If flower/feather: minimum 3 of "attk%, critd, critr, flat attk"
    If head: "critd or critr" main. Minimum 2 of "attk%, critr/critd, flat attk, EM"
    If sands: "attk% (or ER if support item)" main. Minimum 2 "attk%, critd, critr, flat attk"
    If goblet: "any elemental dmg" main. Minimum 2 "attk%, critd, critr, flat attk"

And then, how much time do you think it would take to go through 1000 artifacts to lock all of those out?

Do you not just ignore all artifacts besides the set you're focused on getting when you loot?
    Do you never run domains you don't particularly need? (I do, with my wife... about 90% of the time now-a-days since I don't care to farm for my own stuff any more and called it "good enough).

There is 0 chance I'm reviewing every artifact as I'm looting them.

Maybe I'm also more of a hoarder and bound by "what if!?" potential of something I'm not leveling up immediately but *might* in the future. I refuse to potentially waste something that could be good.

Maybe if the game gave me ways to target things I'm actually interested in instead of it being entirely fucking RNG, I'd have less separation/fomo anxiety, but we both know they WANT me to have that.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-08-19 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to potentially waste something that could be good.
    I will, yet again, reiterate my point that if your inventory is full (1K artifacts) you spend enough time grinding artifacts to not have to worry about potentially deleting some that may or may not be good in the future.

I will, yet again, reiterate my point that if your inventory is full (1K artifacts) you spend enough time grinding artifacts to not have to worry about potentially deleting some that may or may not be good in the future.
    You underestimate the rates of what it takes to get something "good."

Something with 3 garbage substats and just critD is almost tempting for me to level still, simply because "what if it rolled ALL of the upgrades into only critd? That would be like a 10% improvement over my current one that has 3 good and 1 bad substat but that bad substat got 2 upgrades"
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-08-19 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Something with 3 garbage substats and just critD is almost tempting for me to level still, simply because "what if it rolled ALL of the upgrades into only critd? That would be like a 10% improvement over my current one that has 3 good and 1 bad substat but that bad substat got 2 upgrades"
    Then it'd still be a garbage tier artifact because you'd be missing 3.something% crit rate, 3.something% atk & 15~ flat attack.

Multiply all those values by 5 for all the slots and that a sizable stat boost.

10+ Year Old Account

Its still garbage even if it rolls that way.
    You want at least 2 stats that are good minimum. 2x defense 1x hp and crit is a no no.

Anyway....my Baal progress is going realy slow:

Severed fate droprate is absolute garbage and i get maybe 1 out of 5 runs and even then its not 5*.
    I got 2!!!! And i been farming this crap for whole week now.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

TBF the artifact UI is anything but "perfectly adequate", it's a PITA even when you're accessing it through the character screen. There is no reason that, at the very least, the same options shouldn't be available through actual artifacts screen. Just because you can somehow make it work even though it's counter-intuitive and clunky doesn't mean it couldn't or shouldn't be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    TBF the artifact UI is anything but "perfectly adequate", it's a PITA even when you're accessing it through the character screen. There is no reason that, at the very least, the same options shouldn't be available through actual artifacts screen. Just because you can somehow make it work even though it's counter-intuitive and clunky doesn't mean it couldn't or shouldn't be better.
    It's still not time consuming even with the clunky and work around version.
    People have to get over their hoarder-disorder.
    Most of the time, I don't even touch 5* because you basically always have 4* or old, failed 5* to feed on.

So even if you have 900/1000 right now, and you farm more artifacts for some reason even though you didn't even bother to skim through your 900 (wtf? why would anyone do that, maybe you don't even need that set anymore)
    You can always farm until you see a good one on your end-of-dungeon screen and start using 4* and failed 5* in your inventory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I really wanted Kokomi, but I'm hearing very bad things about how her kit works. She was supposed to be a good damage dealer that could also heal, but her stat allocation is split now, and apparently her damage is down to shit. Between her and the problems with Yoimiya (who I don't think has a DAMAGE problem, just that some of the bugs of the game behind the scenes are starting to be noticed. I do fine with her when her shots actually hit.), starting to wonder what they're trying to do with five-stars. Zero interest in Baal (personality is a big factor). Then with all the reruns, gonna be a long time before I look into a new banner (Ganyu constellations would be nice, but I'd want C4, and that's only through whaling).

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Man I really wanted Kokomi, but I'm hearing very bad things about how her kit works. She was supposed to be a good damage dealer that could also heal, but her stat allocation is split now, and apparently her damage is down to shit. Between her and the problems with Yoimiya (who I don't think has a DAMAGE problem, just that some of the bugs of the game behind the scenes are starting to be noticed. I do fine with her when her shots actually hit.), starting to wonder what they're trying to do with five-stars. Zero interest in Baal (personality is a big factor). Then with all the reruns, gonna be a long time before I look into a new banner (Ganyu constellations would be nice, but I'd want C4, and that's only through whaling).
    I don't know for sure but from the looks of it you just go ATK% mainstat, HP% substats and some EM main/substats + hydro goblet
    Healing% Bonus is also nice.

Seems reasonable, it's not like you have to decide between the 2.
    ATK% increases her damage on every single skill, and instead of crit/critdmg you pick HP%.

the *skill dmg* from her burst is pretty garbage anyway, even if you go full HP%.
    Zhongli's has 33% max HP and it can crit and deals like 60k with max HP items (50k+ HP)
    Hers is ~20% and you won't even go full HP%

Aim for like 30k HP and focus the rest on ATK% and it should be fine?
    She is Hydro after all.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-08-20 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    You really just need 2 good main dpsers to clear any Abyss reset easily.
    What would you consider to be a "good" main dpser, though? Level 90, all or mostly crowned skills, and a semi-decent artifact set?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Everything below that is a 9* by design if you have a "end-game team"
    So 480 primos basically guaranteed for properly equipped characters (no matter what characters)
    Likewise, I'd ask what you would consider an "end-game team" or "properly equipped characters"? Like, would characters running around in a mishmash of Gladiator and/or Wanderer artifacts really cut it?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    And if you own Venti, you own this cycle of Abyss pretty hard because there is so much AoE possible.
    Haven't they been "stealth nerfing" Venti by introducing enemies that are immune to his Q's pull, like the Nobushi enemy type from Inazuma?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post

Haven't they been "stealth nerfing" Venti by introducing enemies that are immune to his Q's pull, like the Nobushi enemy type from Inazuma?
    It doesn't matter for Venti, the AoE is huge and it will hit a lot, it's basically always ready as well and it's one of the highest DPS skills in the game when it hits 3 people.

Likewise, I'd ask what you would consider an "end-game team" or "properly equipped characters"? Like, would characters running around in a mishmash of Gladiator and/or Wanderer artifacts really cut it?
    Just good substats.

~60% crit.
    ~150% critdmg.
    Element goblet
    good 4* weapon

And teams with proper synergy and characters that are strong.

Beidou/Childe
    Xinqiu/Hu Tao etc.

Ganyu/Hu Tao/Eula are easy to equip and super strong for example.
    My Hu Tao uses a 3* weapon, Eula BP weapon, Ganyu has Amos but the crafted 4* is fine too.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-08-20 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    What would you consider to be a "good" main dpser, though? Level 90, all or mostly crowned skills, and a semi-decent artifact set
    Levels and decent artifacts, mostly. Having a couple of level 90 characters is basically a given at this point unless you're new or were doing weird things to your resin. Crowning talents isn't a must, like my Eula only has normal attacks crowned and E at 8. Ult is at 9, since mobs basically don't live long enough to get hit by ult all the way until Abyss F12, so it seems like a waste of a crown. But yeah, you want talents at at least level 8 for your main dpsers. You definitely need somewhat good artifacts, but it doesn't have to be 100% crit/300% dmg to be considered good, half of that will get you through Abyss.

I'm definitely going to crown ayaka's q as at 8 ticks for 14-15k and oneshots pyro regisvine
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    2.1 Japanese PV is up

https://twitter.com/Genshin_7/status...03668337926150

Yae goes AAHHHH, friendship with Raiden ended, new friend is Yae

10+ Year Old Account
    Code 1:
    DSPVUN2BKH5M

10+ Year Old Account
    Code 2:
    CB7UU6KT2H59

- - - Updated - - -

I love that Genshin just has "commission branded traditional Japanese instruments to hold a concert of the game's music" money now.

'love' in a kinda absurd way. Decrease pity needed now plz

- - - Updated - - -

Last code:
    NTPVU7JTJYPD

So Kazuha's getting ripped like his friend, way to go, Mei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well 1 year is shit already. 10 wishes and crystals are getting reset -- i still wont buy them :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well 1 year is shit already. 10 wishes and crystals are getting reset -- i still wont buy them :P
    We'd like to thank you by you paying us.