Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

The Employee Takeover Now Officially Turned Beneficial To The Game

New Customization Options!!!!

They are most likely done already but would have been gated to only release next expansion as a "new feature".

I don't care if it's damage control from the parts of high ranking officials greenlighting this feature "earlier",
    or if the employees decided to implement them now,

but this whole debacle has turned out to finally be of some use for the game community.
    Last edited by LowFass; 2021-08-20 at 06:12 AM.

Sigh love how it happened all over again
    "ALL THE SYSTEMS IN SHADOWLANDS SUCK"
    "OMG BLIZZARD IS SO MONEY HUNGRY"
    "WHAT THEY DID IS DISPECIBLE"

oh I get a new druid travel form all is forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    There has been a lack of customizability with travel form, you have the new ones that come out with each new race which can be druids, but aside from that you have the choice of 2 decade old models for ground travel. So it is a pretty big draw card, not really enough for me to come back though.
    Way I see it, it's like if they made a new race....oh yay it's something different but if you hated the game as an orc your going to hate it as a <insert new race here>

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-08-20 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LowFass View Post

They are most likely done already but would have been gated to only release next expansion as a "new feature".

I don't care if it's damage control from the parts of high ranking officials greenlighting this feature "earlier",

but this whole debacle has turned out to finally be of some use for the game community.
    They buyed you with new customizations, pathetic to the last.

lol this is pretty good uh, pretty accurate man haha

- - - Updated - - -

blizzard is your ally and friend is wants to make sure you have a good experience playing their entertainment products!
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    <pic>
    Holy shit. This is perfect. South Park called it a decade ago - most of the people who post here, on Reddit, and on Twitter would literally be happy playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure if it had millions of people to show off your pointless cosmetics to.

The...employee takeover...?

Do some of you think that just because Alex Afrasiabi and a few other smaller devs were fired/'retired'/'let go' that it suddenly means the people controlling every aspect of the game and what is developed has changed? It hasn't. Ion is still director, Steve Danuser is still in charge of the story, ect.

Just because maybe they pushed up a feature meant for the next expansion to 9.1.5 (Although who knows, we haven't seen any of the promised customization additions) doesn't mean that the "employees have taken over" the game development. At least not in the way that you're implying here.

The gameplay is not changing, the story is not changing, so are we supposed to clap like seals just because they're adding in new Draenei tails and Nightborne ears?
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-08-20 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    They buyed you with new customizations, pathetic to the last.
    First of all, it's not "buyed" it's "bought" you pathetic idiot.

Other than that, I never gave a shit about the issue in the first place. I care about the game and nothing else.

Blizzard: So Shadowlands is utter fucking shit so to fix the gameplay, we're introducing some new toys and a couple of racial customizations.

I don't have any words. How does changing how big blood/void elf ears change the expansion's otherwise garbage gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I fail to see the info where employees have "taken over" or how this is related to the recent events. Maybe you have a different source than what was posted on MMO-C?

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I don't read this into the info. No, if you think SL is utter shit, it will stay utter shit. Or did I miss the line where Blizzard said "The game is shit, we will solve it by adding cosmetics"?
    Instead of devoting time to fixing how god awful the expansion is both from a gameplay and story standpoint....they're giving us toys and minute character customization that should have been included at the start of the expansion. The most pathetic part is that threads like these prove that the distraction is actually working for some people in the playerbase.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    There has been a lack of customizability with travel form, you have the new ones that come out with each new race which can be druids, but aside from that you have the choice of 2 decade old models for ground travel. So it is a pretty big draw card, not really enough for me to come back though.
    still waiting on some more spirit wolf customization. that'll never happen

I don't think this options will "save" Wow in it's current state. I don't play any allied races anyway, because I already had favorite races, when Blizzard implemented them. It's more about releasing 9.1.5 just for the sake of releasing 9.1.5.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I never gave a shit about the issue in the first place. I care about the game and nothing else.
    and this makes the game soooooooo much better, bcs size of void elf ears is number 1 complaint about shadowlands...

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    still waiting on some more spirit wolf customization. that'll never happen
    That would be awesome. Spirit raptors, cats, anything at this point would be welcome

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Blizzard: So Shadowlands is utter fucking shit so to fix the gameplay, we're introducing some new toys and a couple of racial customizations.

I don't have any words. How does changing how big blood/void elf ears change the expansion's otherwise garbage gameplay?
    Well it doesn't address the main issues people are not playing. I think they are just trying to show they are fulfilling some of advertisement they made at the closing of Blizzcon in 2019 for World of Warcraft. Which was more customization... players are allowed to be excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I don't think this options will "save" Wow in it's current state. I don't play any allied races anyway, because I already had favorite races, when Blizzard implemented them. It's more about releasing 9.1.5 just for the sake of releasing 9.1.5.
    How can you form normal sentences now? :O:O

I agree, we shall see, but this is definitely a step in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Well it doesn't address the main issues people are not playing. I think they are just trying to show they are fulfilling some of advertisement they made at the closing of Blizzcon in 2019 for World of Warcraft. Which was more customization... players are allowed to be excited about it.
    It's too little too late at this point. These options should have been included at the start of the expansion. not a year after release(which is likely when 9.1.5 will release)

How can you form normal sentences now? :O:O

I agree, we shall see, but this is definitely a step in the right direction
    I don't think so. It's just another "new character models from WOD" or "allied races as major feature of BFA". Sadly, some players are prone to be baited by such "cheap" features and Blizzard exploit this fact to return players to game with minimal effort. Don't make this mistake again. SL needs major fixes and players should stay unsubbed in order to force Blizzard to make REAL changes.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I don't think so. It's just another "new character models from WOD" or "allied races as major feature of BFA". Sadly, some players are prone to be baited by such "cheap" features and Blizzard exploit this fact to return players to game with minimal effort. Don't make this mistake again. SL needs major fixes and players should stay unsubbed in order to force Blizzard to make REAL changes.
    I'm still baffled why you deliberately wrote incorrect sentences in your locked thread.
    Maybe to garner attention, or is it a new writing form to put out information in the most concise way possible?

Agree with all, It could very well be that no other changes will be present, that's why I said we shall see if it will be worth to resub