Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    7.1 had exactly the same.
    well, we didnt get new zone in 7.1 and, technicaly, we didnt get raid until 7.1.5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I would say the time it took to give us said content is the real complaint
    which at 7m, when you consider "normaly" raid patches are around for 5-6m is not even that much longer, and given the worldwide circumstances and other companies delaying content (even "praised" FF had some calendar showing they are 2months behind) thats not even surprising...

but people will complain and whine no matter what

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frops View Post
    Besides you said it was the "first raid patch" yet completely ignored that legion launched with 2 raids (emerald nightmare and nighthold)
    eeh... what? nighthold was added into gamefiles in 7.1 and opened in 7.1.5
    it was (gearwise) part of emerald nightmare tier, but it was in NO WAY there at legion launch...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frops View Post
    Please use better math and be better informed before defending the the trainwreck that is SL
    i mean he was ofc wrong, but damnt this is ironic coming from you after claiming Nighthold was in legion at launch...

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Hah! good call.

To be fair, one of two things is happening right now @ Blizzard (since SL release, and recent events). Either, they are hitting full panic stations and desperately trying to change course of the next expansion, which has no doubt been well underway for a year now, and making fundamental changes to what was no doubt just SL 2.0. Or, they are just keeping the ship on course and dont care.

It will be a while before we find out which option they have chosen, but i fair its the second option.
    Or, unlikely, they saw Shadowlands as a throwaway expansion from the get-go while they're working on something bigger in the meanwhile. But indeed, unlikely, considering they had to delay Shadowlands several times.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well, we didnt get new zone in 7.1 and, technicaly, we didnt get raid until 7.1.5
    true, I made a mistake there for some reason I thought Broken Shore arrived in 7.1 but we did get Trial of Valor in 7.1, that counts

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    9+ total months of 9.1?

Jesus Christ
    It’s just people being cynical for the sake of it
    We will get 9.2 around March but possibly February
    9.1.5 hits September so I’m guessing 9.2.5 will hit in July and 9.3 in October then 10.0 the following September

- - - Updated - - -

true, I made a mistake there for some reason I thought Broken Shore arrived in 7.1 but we did get Trial of Valor in 7.1, that counts
    7.1 brought a mini raid and a mega dungeon
    8.1.5 brought a mini raid
    I’m wondering what all 9.1.5 is bringing

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    It’s just people being cynical for the sake of it
    We will get 9.2 around March but possibly February
    9.1.5 hits September so I’m guessing 9.2.5 will hit in July and 9.3 in October then 10.0 the following September

7.1 brought a mini raid and a mega dungeon
    8.1.5 brought a mini raid
    I’m wondering what all 9.1.5 is bringing
    .5 patches tend to be shorter in length. 9.1.5 won't be out in September, the PTR will be but not the live patch. live patch will drop around end of October, early November at the latest. 9.2 I agree with you. Question is will we get a 9.3? especially if in the next raid we stop the Jailer, given that he was purported to be the final boss of the expansion... but we've been deceived on that front before so who knows.

9.1.5 will almost certainly have Legion Timewalking but I don't think anything major like a mini raid or dungeon will be dropping.

.5 patches tend to be shorter in length. 9.1.5 won't be out in September, the PTR will be but not the live patch. live patch will drop around end of October, early November at the latest. 9.2 I agree with you. Question is will we get a 9.3? especially if in the next raid we stop the Jailer, given that he was purported to be the final boss of the expansion... but we've been deceived on that front before so who knows.

9.1.5 will almost certainly have Legion Timewalking but I don't think anything major like a mini raid or dungeon will be dropping.
    my reasoning for a 9.3 is that 10.0 is obviously delayed so while normally no 9.3 at this point would mean we just have a slightly longer 9.2 we have to take into account that at this point it would be almost 2 years
    9.2 wont have the fixes in
    story for 9.2 can be us going into this new area and rescuing anduin getting a huge lore dump about the jailer and everything else
    9.3 can be the big encounter with the jailer and resolution for all of the crappy stories
    i want shadowlands to end
    its an expansion that is having problems from past expansions and the solutions are touted as big breakthroughs even though they already existed in those same past expansions
    the story is also just awful "i will never serve" comes after she literally follows every order he gave including dominating anduin and committing genocide
    lets not forget the night warrior story that just got "nah she can choose to seek revenge or rebirth...but i stopped her from killing the banshee just because"
    they placed in a cinematic that was created by a single person that ended the story of a fan favorite character
    the developers have stated "we wont do that in our game" and insult people who quit their game then wonder why they get backlash
    we got tier sets with extra steps and generic bonuses
    we were told they were placing in all the systems at the beginning of the game but 9.1 brought more garbage and expanded nothing

SL needs to die but i would rather it take longer with more content than get stranded in crap for 2 years

sorry for the rant but fuck me dude i hate how this was handled

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    my reasoning for a 9.3 is that 10.0 is obviously delayed so while normally no 9.3 at this point would mean we just have a slightly longer 9.2 we have to take into account that at this point it would be almost 2 years
    9.2 wont have the fixes in
    story for 9.2 can be us going into this new area and rescuing anduin getting a huge lore dump about the jailer and everything else
    9.3 can be the big encounter with the jailer and resolution for all of the crappy stories
    i want shadowlands to end
    its an expansion that is having problems from past expansions and the solutions are touted as big breakthroughs even though they already existed in those same past expansions
    the story is also just awful "i will never serve" comes after she literally follows every order he gave including dominating anduin and committing genocide
    lets not forget the night warrior story that just got "nah she can choose to seek revenge or rebirth...but i stopped her from killing the banshee just because"
    they placed in a cinematic that was created by a single person that ended the story of a fan favorite character
    the developers have stated "we wont do that in our game" and insult people who quit their game then wonder why they get backlash
    we got tier sets with extra steps and generic bonuses
    we were told they were placing in all the systems at the beginning of the game but 9.1 brought more garbage and expanded nothing

SL needs to die but i would rather it take longer with more content than get stranded in crap for 2 years

sorry for the rant but fuck me dude i hate how this was handled
    so what would the raid for 9.2 be? the only foreseeable raid is one that ends with us fighting the Jailer. if that means that 9.2 is the final patch, then so be it.

Unironically 10.0 is a fitting end to the game.

The only real faction left to deal with is the void.

So unless shadowlands is just a massive reset (which is a massive cop-out) and the expectation is that all the player characters just forget they were on the verge of having to deal with the primordial good/order vs bad/chaos battle for the fate of the universe?

hard pass.

With the recent developments at blizzard, i would like to see.

1. Shadowlands goes on life support, long patches, lots of side content/catchup events, lots of minor class changes to keep balance interesting, essentially 'pulling the ripcord'.

2. Subscriptions are discounted for the life of shadowlands, the purchase price is heavily cut, player services are also discounted.

Give it two full years from now to release 10.0, void lord whoevers.

Blizzard cant run WoW into the ground before ramping up prouction for their next big mmo, you need some positive rep for the next project to succeed.

so what would the raid for 9.2 be? the only foreseeable raid is one that ends with us fighting the Jailer. if that means that 9.2 is the final patch, then so be it.
    Well for now we know the jailer has some back up
    Dreadlords
    He got Sire’s essence back
    I’m not sure if he broke out muehzala
    Helya is still alive just tossed by the primus
    Add in a spoils of Pandaria style fight
    Maybe an old servant of the first ones
    Then Anduin

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well for now we know the jailer has some back up
    Dreadlords
    He got Sire’s essence back
    I’m not sure if he broke out muehzala
    Helya is still alive just tossed by the primus
    Add in a spoils of Pandaria style fight
    Maybe an old servant of the first ones
    Then Anduin
    Dreadlords serve Sire Denathrius, not the Jailer. It is interesting given the Jailer's plans that Denathrius is going along with it all. I mean he is part of reality too. also, he was one of the ones who banished the Jailer, we still don't know why he did a 180 and helped free him. Unless he has plans of his own. Muehzala, maybe. Helya got tossed back to Helheim by the Primus. I could very much see Anduin being a penultimate fight to the Jailer but I don't think he would be the final boss of a raid. not after Sylvanas was the final boss of a raid.

WoW doesn't need another expansion, it needs to rest. As does Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    drought awaits us
    you are not prepared !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Unironically 10.0 is a fitting end to the game.

The only real faction left to deal with is the void.

So unless shadowlands is just a massive reset (which is a massive cop-out) and the expectation is that all the player characters just forget they were on the verge of having to deal with the primordial good/order vs bad/chaos battle for the fate of the universe?

hard pass.

With the recent developments at blizzard, i would like to see.

1. Shadowlands goes on life support, long patches, lots of side content/catchup events, lots of minor class changes to keep balance interesting, essentially 'pulling the ripcord'.

2. Subscriptions are discounted for the life of shadowlands, the purchase price is heavily cut, player services are also discounted.

Give it two full years from now to release 10.0, void lord whoevers.

Blizzard cant run WoW into the ground before ramping up prouction for their next big mmo, you need some positive rep for the next project to succeed.
    you are completely dellusional. what they will do instead is this: milk the cow until the last tiny drop.

after crashing completely, just sell ATVI Blizz for many many billions to an even bigger (if even existing) company.

as long as ppl paying 8 months for a 9.1.5, milk em. and dont stop, until that less ppl paying, its not even worth that 150.000 cosmetics investment (means a sub base of < 20.000 players).

thats the normal standard way of doing it, when getting the most out of it. milk while you can, until the house of cards crashes. if it crashes, sell it.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-08-20 at 11:57 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    the new mega-dungeon was already irrelevant when it launched... korthia is pointless except for the conduit upgrades...

new questline? who the fuck plays this game for the quests...
    mega-dungeon gave 226 gear. so anyone who didn't do mythic Castle Nathria could get upgrades from there before starting Sanctum. so no, not irrelevant on launch. also, just because YOU find questlines and story irrelevant, doesn't mean everyone else does. it is still classed as content. and Korthia gives a lot more than just conduit upgrades, it is a central part of the weekly quest which gives stygian embers which allows you to upgrade your gems. and again, to reiterate for you: just because YOU don't do the content doesn't mean nobody does. just because YOU don't consider it content, doesn't make that so

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    i didn't do mythic castle nathria and i had been 226+ for ages by the time 9.1 dropped on multiple characters...
    ok fine, mythic raiders or people who regularly pushed 15 keys. again, not everyone

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    aka anyone worth even paying attention to that actually plays the game lol...
    once again, not everyone raids mythic or pushes 15 keys every week. and again, because you fail to comprehend this simple fact, just because YOU don't consider it content doesn't make it so. just because YOU overgear it and have no use for it, doesn't make it irrelevant on launch

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Why so?

9.1 is very fresh still. I expect 9.2 in january or something.
    9.1 isnt fresh. Most people alredy consumed everthing there was in 9.1 when comes to new content. 9.1 didnt even brough players back anyway and only 10% of all active players bothered with raiding in 9.1. Those who came back finished new dungeong, competed LFR and quit again as there ia really not much of reason for most people to stick around anyway.
    Last edited by Elias1337; 2021-08-20 at 02:10 PM.

The problem of 9.1 is that’s it’s too much of the same. Improving the Maw doesn’t help as that zone is irredeemable. So that was the first mistake. And on top of that the raid is just Torghast assets with some diversity here and there. People were already sick and tired of that stuff months ago and then they just doubled down on it in 9.1.

In 7.2 they reintroduced Broken Shore once again, but they made it fun and filled it with fun tasks. That’s why a reuse of the zone worked in favor of the patch, something Korthia and 9.1 simply were not able to achieve.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Given how Shadowlands 9.0 was delayed multiple times, and it took Blizzard 7 months to push out the first patch (and even then it was embarrassingly content bare and halfbaked), there is no way Blizzard has anything ready to show this year.

The next thing for WoW is 9.2 in Spring 2022. After that we're probably looking at another 7-10 months until 10.0 comes out. The 10.0 expansion will probably be announced in Spring or Summer 2022.
    9 months for the 9.1 to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    In BFA we had .2 in ~11 months. (339 days to be exact) And 143 days for the .1
    In Legion we had 7.2(the first raid patch) in 271 days(~9 monhts).

For 9.1 we waited 218 days(~7 months), which is faster than Legion.
    Legion also had 3 raids before that patch released and 2 decently sized patches. Nighthold alone was as long of a raid as Castle Nathria. That is an apples to oranges comparison if I've ever seen one.

Emerald Nightmare - September 20th
    7.1 (Return to Karazhan) - October 25th (also, a mini raid patch with Trial of Valor)
    Trial of Valor - November 8th
    Nighthold - January 17th
    Patch 7.2 and the Broken Shore - March 28th (also had a new 5 man dungeon)
    Tomb of Sargeras - June 20th

Compared to Shadowlands:

Launch - November 23rd
    Castle Nathria - December 8th
    9.0.5 (pretty much just valor for meaningful content) - March 9th
    9.1 launch date - June 29th
    Sanctum of Domination - July 6th

It's pretty clear which expansion has lacked content is all I'm saying.
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2021-08-20 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    In 7.2 they reintroduced Broken Shore once again, but they made it fun and filled it with fun tasks. That’s why a reuse of the zone worked in favor of the patch, something Korthia and 9.1 simply were not able to achieve.
    Lolno. It was pretty terrible.