Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’ve started this game several times and always abandoned it after an hour or so. Maybe this will be the version that hooks me.
    Don't worry, if this version doesn't hook you the other 6 over the next 10 years might.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    In before the Anniversary Anniversary Edition is announced.
    My monies on the Special Anniversary Edition, followed by the Anniversary Special Anniversary Edition

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean Todd did say that he'd keep releasing new versions of Skyrim until we stop buying them. Guess he wasn't lying lol.

Where the fuck's my Oblivion remake, Todd?

10+ Year Old Account
    Screw your Oblivion remake, i want a Morrowind remake
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I guess its time to backup the game all over again...

Also i have a felling Skyblivion will not work with that version.
    They've been putting more and more effort into shutting down free mods over time,trying to replace it with the creation club (lol), That's why the "data files" option is no longer available at all on the launcher (you need to use a few tricks to enable mods now). So that wouldn't be especially surprising

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    A Morrowind remake wouldn't be compatible with the countless Morrowind mods,and I also genuinely don't trust them to not fuck it up somehow tbh.
    I'd rather play Morrowind than any attempt at a Morrowind remake

1+ Year Old Account
    Todd you madman
    "Lol" said the scorpion, "lmao"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    They've been putting more and more effort into shutting down free mods over time,trying to replace it with the creation club (lol), That's why the "data files" option is no longer available at all on the launcher (you need to use a few tricks to enable mods now). So that wouldn't be especially surprising

- - - Updated - - -

A Morrowind remake wouldn't be compatible with the countless Morrowind mods,and I also genuinely don't trust them to not fuck it up somehow tbh.
    I'd rather play Morrowind than any attempt at a Morrowind remake
    I still use the older version of skyrim to make the mods work and i just install them manualy.

Nexus recent incident is not helping people either with their premium to download mods as packs.

Just auto-updating anything is a bad idea and i even have a game fully modded and stable saved on outside disk if shit hits the fan.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

looks like its free for PC owners if special edition... so I guess I'll be checking it out because.. its there. but seriously, good god, how many times can you rerelease ONE. game?

correction, smaller update with fishing is free, but anniversary edition is not, unless I'm misreading this https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/en...an-celebration. ah well.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2021-08-20 at 09:14 PM.

Acceptable as a consolation prize but for me Oblivion is the one. The world, the music, the characters and quests, the overall vibe of it, I just love it. But it's almost painful to look at now and the levelling system is as dogshit as it ever was, plus it suffers from having the same five voices everywhere. Such a shame that it's been left to rot.

You want a Morrowind remake... by modern Bethseda? They'd just remove everything that made Morrowind so memorable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is what...the 12th release of Skyrim? At what point is there no more blood to wring out of this stone?

I guess at least this one has fishing, which is new?
    Seems there is some new quests and it will include 500 Creation Club mods.

Maybe this time I'll beat the DLC Dragonborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You want a Morrowind remake... by modern Bethseda? They'd just remove everything that made Morrowind so memorable.
    They'd probably remove stats entirely and make the entire dialogue system "yes/no" with NPCs who only have 1 line...
    They really hate RPG systems for some reason and remove then more and more with each game...

So uh... I’ve never played Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    So uh... I’ve never played Skyrim.
    At this point? Don't bother. Without the initial hype and craze behind it it will be difficult to ignore the plethora of bugs. The game is mediocre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It would probaly look even worse that Eso version.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    At this point? Don't bother. Without the initial hype and craze behind it it will be difficult to ignore the plethora of bugs. The game is mediocre.
    I think that's a little harsh. People are still buying it in 2021 and not because of hype. Bethesda made a beautiful and fun world to explore with Skyrim, characters generally feel fun to play and it's easy to get lost in it for hours. It's definitely not without its issues but thankfully we have mods and the unofficial patch to help with that (fuck Bethesda for not fixing their game). I do wish they hadn't streamlined it so much compared to Oblivion, but despite its flaws I still love to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is what...the 12th release of Skyrim? At what point is there no more blood to wring out of this stone?

I guess at least this one has fishing, which is new?
    At this rate, Skyrim will have been re-released so many times that it will match the White album by The Beatles.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I think that's a little harsh. People are still buying it in 2021 and not because of hype. Bethesda made a beautiful and fun world to explore with Skyrim, characters generally feel fun to play and it's easy to get lost in it for hours. It's definitely not without its issues but thankfully we have mods and the unofficial patch to help with that (fuck Bethesda for not fixing their game). I do wish they hadn't streamlined it so much compared to Oblivion, but despite its flaws I still love to play it.
    Translation: people are still buying it in 2021 cause other players fixed the game