Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Yet somehow literally every other MMO manages player housing just fine.

Guess you're admitting Blizzard and WoW suck?
    If they sucked then they wouldnt have destroyed every other competition up till now. Im saying blizzard uses their time to do other things, besides how big is the community that wants this? 100ppl on the forum dont equal 100k ppl in game, if you really want this then make a formal petition, get signatures and submit it to blizzard, dont whine on a fansite forum on why its not there when we know why blizzard hasn’t done it yet.

We saw how "player housing" worked out in WoD: Everyone just sat in their private instanced garrison and queued for dungeons all day.

MMORPGs should not have features that allow you to isolate yourself from other people. One of the things that makes vanilla/TBC so great is that it's a highly social game. Y'know, like an MMO is supposed to be. Not this glorified single player crap that retail has turned into.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    its not uncommon for someone to have 10 alts they play
    Who in the hell has time to play 10 alts besides absolute no-life NEETs?
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-08-20 at 07:59 PM.

If they sucked then they wouldnt have destroyed every other competition up till now. Im saying blizzard uses their time to do other things, besides how big is the community that wants this? 100ppl on the forum dont equal 100k ppl in game, if you really want this then make a formal petition, get signatures and submit it to blizzard, dont whine on a fansite forum on why its not there when we know why blizzard hasn’t done it yet.
    Oh don't worry, I don't play dying games so if Blizzard adds player housing or not is of no concern to me. Besides, there's less than 2 million players now, they have bigger fish to fry. Like fixing their shit.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    We saw how "player housing" worked out in WoD: Everyone just sat in their private instanced garrison and queued for dungeons all day.
    Can people stop bringing up garrisons? They weren't player housing as seen in most MMORPGs. They were linked to progression and required to get legendaries - or enormous amounts of gold. They had nearly zero customization, freedom or link to crafting professions. This isn't what player housing is supposed to be about, so no wonder it failed.

"We put zero effort into this new thing and *somehow* it failed" should not be the attitude of Blizzard - especially when concerning systems that can last for the entire lifetime of the game.

why do people keep bringing this up? its not gonna fucking happen. waste of resources on a platform thats grossly hemoraging its player base. (and they are leaving not because of a lack of housing) the only reason blizzard would implement this would be to milk the pay pigs who need that special limited edition 2022 orc Futon for $27.99 USD at the cash store, and other garbage just like that. all the cosmetics, at teh pay store. want a gnomish lamp that changes colors, $34USD at the pay pig store, only.

While Garrisons seemed pretty decent, the large cities and the other areas in that expansion (Ashran) were pretty empty. I see the same issue for player housing.

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    why do people keep bringing this up? its not gonna fucking happen. waste of resources on a platform thats grossly hemoraging its player base. (and they are leaving not because of a lack of housing) the only reason blizzard would implement this would be to milk the pay pigs who need that special limited edition 2022 orc Futon for $27.99 USD at the cash store, and other garbage just like that. all the cosmetics, at teh pay store. want a gnomish lamp that changes colors, $34USD at the pay pig store, only.
    lets not forget going into a raid and a housing item would drop and everyone and their mom would harass you for it, or better yet, it drops, becomes BoP and then find out they sell the same thing on the cash shop, but get this....the one on the cash shop glows WOOOOOOOOO just 19.99 for a glowing sword of sergeras that sits in your living room.

If they created player housing it would turn into another garrison cluster, WoW is a game of alts, its not uncommon for someone to have 10 alts they play. Imagine a house for every one of them. Now if we’re talking guild housing then I’m game.
    This is nonsensical. So what if they have 10 houses? Your statement has said nothing for or against housing.

It's a proven popular feature in MMO's. Yet for whatever reason, the detractors talk the loudest. Despite it being a completely optional feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    It genuinely must be weird living your life with horse blinders on and a glass of cynicism at the ready. Housing has been done well without cash shops in MMO's and contributed greatly to the community and game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

MMORPGs should not have features that allow you to isolate yourself from other people. One of the things that makes vanilla/TBC so great is that it's a highly social game. Y'know, like an MMO is supposed to be. Not this glorified single player crap that retail has turned into.
    I love the argument "housing won't work because LFR/LFD exists". Says nothing about housing and everything about LFR/LFD. Also shows a fundamental lack of understanding on the other half of MMORPG ie the RPG. Make it so you can't queue from the house, as if I give a damn about your bright pink transmog on an orc hopping around in orgrimmar

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    This is nonsensical. So what if they have 10 houses? Your statement has said nothing for or against housing.

It's a proven popular feature in MMO's. Yet for whatever reason, the detractors talk the loudest. Despite it being a completely optional feature.

- - - Updated - - -

It genuinely must be weird living your life with horse blinders on and a glass of cynicism at the ready. Housing has been done well without cash shops in MMO's and contributed greatly to the community and game.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the argument "housing won't work because LFR/LFD exists". Says nothing about housing and everything about LFR/LFD. Also shows a fundamental lack of understanding on the other half of MMORPG ie the RPG. Make it so you can't queue from the house, as if I give a damn about your bright pink transmog on an orc hopping around in orgrimmar
    all of your "argument's" revolve around the other MMO's that do it, you fail to realize that this is blizzard, the same blizzard that created classic servers to satsify the players who wanted that atmosphere and when they found out it was profitable gave the players TBC with boosts with a 60$ price tag just to boost a SINGLE character to the gates of outland, and now since the poll sent out to players shows that they want to turn it into a flaming mess that players wanted away from.

This is the same blizzard who talked to their own playerbase who paid to be at their conventions like they were immature children when they dropped the diablo mobile game and wondered why players were pissed. This is the same blizzard that took the greatest concept, artifact weapons, and completely shit on it, took it away, and gave us neck items and now faction grind that they buff and nerf at will and laugh as you switch to try and keep up with some meta.

so please...go on some more about other MMO's, those mmo devs put thought into it, those mmo's have the environment that support it. Blizzard is a company of salesmen, and salesmen will fuck you with no lube, as is been done for going on the past several years.

That would be one of the things that would bring the game back to high numbers of players. For every player who thinks this would be a waste of resources, there are two who would love the system, so it's positive.
    The post-SL expansion will allow drastic changes to Azeroth if they want, and a well-implemented housing system in an instanced zone like in FF 14 would be an excellent way to keep players in the game farming furniture and decorations. I hope that one day they implement it the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    If they implement a playerhouse or guildhouse my money is on, within weeks people will bitch and cry that everyone is locked away in their housing and the cities are empty.
    Who cares. People just afk in the cities anyways, everyone else just passes through them on their way to do w/e they really want to do, rarely engaging with anyone. Not having playing/guild housing so that we can have more ppl afk in the cities, is about the weakest excuse possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Honestly, I think the only people that really complained about it in WoD were the peacocks that couldn't stand that others couldn't see their "elite" xmog and mounts. I don't have player housing right now and still never go to the cities. There's nothing there that I need for more than a moment, and playing a mage I did all my AH stuff in Warspear anyway.
    I agree with this 100%. The only people I saw complaining were the people who were known for being show-offs. I'm not a show-off. I only go into a city to use the AH then leave. I don't feel the need to sit in front of the AH on some mount that can only be gotten in the current mythic raid or some shit.

Well, this discussion thread made me finally decide to buy Activision Blizzard shares.

They've gone way down recently, so that's the best time to buy (so I'm told).

• If Blizz makes bold changes and stops catering to the 10% of players who raid and starts making content for the 90%... yay me!
    • If Blizz keeps business as usual and caters to the shareholders.... yay me!
    • If Blizz crashes and burns and shuts down a month from now... welp, that's gambling for ya! ¯\_(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)_/¯

At least I can say over a decade of raiding has trained me to be okay with putting in time, effort, and money and walking away with nothing.

...but yeah, I'm still hoping I can one day click my Manor hearthstone and port to my own Player Housing, which is a grand Scarlet Crusade-themed hall with stables, taverns, fighting rings, dance studios, Nomi's Kitchen, vehicle garages, orphanage, trophy halls, Tier set armories, and filled with Scarlet Crusade NPCs and all my alts wearing Scarlet Crusade transmogs... which would take months or years to farm/craft/unlock and require some cash shop purchases BUT I'D DO IT ANYWAY and most important of all, at my own pace.

And it would serve zero purpose other than giving me an engaging, thematic representation of my ingame Achievements and Collections, crafted by my own creativity and agency, instead of just boring text on a UI panel, and I could do it at my own pace, and even take snapshots and show it to others online... which would only make me want to get MORE achievements and collections.

Which means more time spent running 17 years worth of WoW content (and even spending money on the cash shop).

I could live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Almost like it's a popular request.
    or its requested by handful of people who each makes crapload of threads about it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    Not really. Housing would ne nice for replay value of old content. Go old dungeons for decoration, go old raids for decoration, and so on. And everything keeping players subbed is good for the game.
    Remember many ppl do old content for stuff like transmogs or mounts, imagine the impact on farming decorations.
    so people who are into transmog and other cosmetic stuff would run old content few times more (depending on drop rates), and people who dont care about cosmetic items from old expansions wouldnt run it, as they dont now...

how exactly would it be different from current situation?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Player housing is NOT tied to player power and progression, it is a purely cosmetic feature.
    which is why most people will either ignore it completely or adopt the "do once and forget" attitude

yes please, we need more players doing singleplayer stuff in an mmo, will definitly save the game 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Sunk Cost and Stockholm Syndrome making it so hard for so many to move on
    or, bear with me as this might be hard to grasp, people LIKE THE GAME
    i know, its imposible to imagine other people might like something you dont, but in reality it happens A LOT

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cierah View Post
    There is a reason games like Valheim, Raft, and even the Sims have popularity.
    football is also extremely popular, would football matches instead of raids make wow better?
    or counter strike, its extremely popular, so lets make wow first person and use guns instead of magic, that makes sense by your logic...

sure games like sims have popularity, AMONG DIFFERENT PEOPLE, its not lik 99% of wow players love sims, i would say that people who like both wow and sims are quite tiny majority, and even less of them would want those two games to collide...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    which is why most people will either ignore it completely or adopt the "do once and forget" attitude
    Oh, will they now?
    Because that doesn't happen in pretty much any other game, why would it be any different in wow?

Especially when wows playerbase is already obsessed with cosmetic items and appearances.

Formerly known as Arafal

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    yes please, we need more players doing singleplayer stuff in an mmo, will definitly save the game 100%
    You conveniently forgot about the "rpg" part of "mmorpg" - and housing fits that one perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    A lot of people like to argue against player housing but you know what? Wildstar offered it, FF14 offers it... as you say with transmog, it adds another collect-a-thon level of gameplay and some people REALLY like that.
    personaly, im not against housing, what i would definitely argue about is that it would bring more than handful players to wow...
    it would be kinda niche activity, some people would love it some would ignore it, imo most would have "do once and forget" attitude...

to make it short: i wouldnt mind if they added it, but idea it would "help" or "save" wow is laughable to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Can people stop bringing up garrisons? They weren't player housing as seen in most MMORPGs. They were linked to progression and required to get legendaries - or enormous amounts of gold.
    true, and if they werent they would be ignored by majority of players, same as housing would be

3+ Year Old Account
    Sure, you all would bash player housing as you did back in WoD. You had your chance and you squandered it.