Streaming PC
    AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
    16GB of Ram
    Nvidia 1050ti
    Elgato HD60 Pro 1080p60 capture card.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The EKWB dual GPU blocks for ampere are in the ~900€ budget for a set (GPU ONLY!!!).

Getting ~5-10°C lower temps as with air cooling alone is something you really have to want. The price is not even the worst part, the constant refilling and cleaning every few months is honestly the most annoying part and it is usually not highlighted enough what you are getting into for the small gains in cooling performance.
    I really don't think many people do custom water any more for the temps. Of course there are still people who do it for temps, so they can push the last numbers out of their hardware. I do it for the looks and for the noise reduction.

Yes water cooling is shit expensive, but for me it was all worth it and fun to do. Those frosty tubings(PMMA) was not easy to bent the first time. they need ALOT more heat then acrylic and PETG and you really need to make sure that the whole bending area is warm enough or else it will kink and look like shit. Much easyer to bent with PETG and acrylic.

For maintenance you just need to change the water every 12 months or so. With clear coolent you can go op to 1,5 year before you have to change the coolent.
    If you use colored coolent, then i would say you should do maintenance every 8 to 12 month.

Just make sure to have a drean valve at the bottom of the loop and you are good to go. It takes less then 30 min. to clean with distilled water and fill the loop again with the coolent you want.

Its not even hard to clean the blocks, if you have some gunk in them. I had some white gunk in my CPU and GPU block after using white coolent and it was really easy to clean both blocks and put them together again. The big O-ring on the GPU block was a little tricky, but nothing hard. I ran my system for 60 min after with cleaning agent sysclean hpd and then the system was good to go again.

I only ran with sysclean hpd because i had used colored coolent and i wanted to make sure that every thing was out of the radiators. When i was running with clear coolent i just flushed it with distilled water 2 times and then i fiiled it op again.

So a normal maintenance takes from less then 30 to 60 min tops. With gunk in the blocks. 2 hours max
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    I really don't think many people do custom water any more for the temps. Of course there are still people who do it for temps, so they can push the last numbers out of their hardware. I do it for the looks and for the noise reduction.

Yes water cooling is shit expensive, but for me it was all worth it and fun to do. Those frosty tubings(PMMA) was not easy to bent the first time. they need ALOT more heat then acrylic and PETG and you really need to make sure that the whole bending area is warm enough or else it will kink and look like shit. Much easyer to bent with PETG and acrylic.

For maintenance you just need to change the water every 12 months or so. With clear coolent you can go op to 1,5 year before you have to change the coolent.
    If you use colored coolent, then i would say you should do maintenance every 8 to 12 month.

Just make sure to have a drean valve at the bottom of the loop and you are good to go. It takes less then 30 min. to clean with distilled water and fill the loop again with the coolent you want.

Its not even hard to clean the blocks, if you have some gunk in them. I had some white gunk in my CPU and GPU block after using white coolent and it was really easy to clean both blocks and put them together again. The big O-ring on the GPU block was a little tricky, but nothing hard. I ran my system for 60 min after with cleaning agent sysclean hpd and then the system was good to go again.

I only ran with sysclean hpd because i had used colored coolent and i wanted to make sure that every thing was out of the radiators. When i was running with clear coolent i just flushed it with distilled water 2 times and then i fiiled it op again.

So a normal maintenance takes from less then 30 to 60 min tops. With gunk in the blocks. 2 hours max
    Yeah this all sounds like a lot of work, work I do not enjoy. If you enjoy the process gopher it, obviously!

The only reason I don't buy pre-built pcs for gaming is because I find them ugly as fuck. The moment I find a pre-built PC with 'Applesque' design, I can stop wasting 3 hours of my day every 3 years.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Yeah this all sounds like a lot of work, work I do not enjoy. If you enjoy the process gopher it, obviously!

The only reason I don't buy pre-built pcs for gaming is because I find them ugly as fuck. The moment I find a pre-built PC with 'Applesque' design, I can stop wasting 3 hours of my day every 3 years.
    Well its safe to say then, that custom water is not for you then. Because how ever you do it, there will always be extra work in it
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Well its safe to say then, that custom water is not for you then. Because how ever you do it, there will always be extra work in it
    Custom doing it myself, is not for me. Correct. I'm quite sure there are stores that do it for you and provide guarantee. We'll see in three years or so.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Finally got the time to finish my Purple-White project.

The fluid seems brighter on picture, then it is. It matches the color of the powercables.

Watercooling parts.
    HEATKILLER® IV RTX 2080 acryl ARGB
    EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi
    EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
    2x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple)
    EK-Quantum Flow Indicator D-RGB – Nickel
    EK-Quantum Torque HDC 16mm - Nickel
    EK-Quantum Torque Color Ring HDC 16 - Purple
    EK-Quantum Torque Div. adapter
    EK-AF Ball Valve - Nickel
    Alphacool Eisrohr 16/13mm Acryl (PMMA) HardTube Satin 80cm

The powercables are from Cablemods and i need to train the 24pin some more.
    Absolutely love this! Awesome design, great setup too

Keep up the great work everyone, I sleep on this post but its one of the best on mmoc

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got the time to finish my Purple-White project.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/MU5ze2Ll.jpg[img]

The fluid seems brighter on picture, then it is. It matches the color of the powercables.

Watercooling parts.
    HEATKILLER® IV RTX 2080 acryl ARGB
    EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi
    EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
    2x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple)
    EK-Quantum Flow Indicator D-RGB – Nickel
    EK-Quantum Torque HDC 16mm - Nickel
    EK-Quantum Torque Color Ring HDC 16 - Purple
    EK-Quantum Torque Div. adapter
    EK-AF Ball Valve - Nickel
    Alphacool Eisrohr 16/13mm Acryl (PMMA) HardTube Satin 80cm

The powercables are from Cablemods and i need to train the 24pin some more.
    The slightly diagonal tube between gpu output and CPU input is annoying me.. Like, a lot.
    Can you reverse the flow direction in the GPU so tubes line up better? The EK one I had said you could at a slight performance deficit (1-2 degrees)

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

@pansertjald how hard is to work with PMMA? I'm used to petg but wanted to step up a little my game.

But i also use exclusiveky clear coolant because less issues with possible bad batches of color in the blocks.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    The slightly diagonal tube between gpu output and CPU input is annoying me.. Like, a lot.
    Can you reverse the flow direction in the GPU so tubes line up better? The EK one I had said you could at a slight performance deficit (1-2 degrees)
    Yeah you can do the same on the heatkiller, but i like the way the tubings go, so im not gonna do them the other way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    @pansertjald how hard is to work with PMMA? I'm used to petg but wanted to step up a little my game.

But i also use exclusiveky clear coolant because less issues with possible bad batches of color in the blocks.
    It was much harder then i expected. I used the first 0,8m of tubing fucking up the bents

But as soon as you learn how big of an area you have to warm up, it was much easer. They say that 16mm is the hardest to bend and that 14mm is the sweet spot for PMMA. But there was 4x80cm of tubing in the pack from Alphacool, so it was no problem

Fractal Torrent

-

Why did you replace the stock fans? I mean, Noctua and everything and the color scheme is nice, but the included ones are pretty good. Any particular reason?

https://imgur.com/a/roRkiOE

That's my build for now, gonna change the GPU Water Block (currently the EKWB Radeon Block, looks sick but backplate is too fat) and probably some other stuff. I want to mount my GPU vertical but then i can't use my capture card in the most top slot (which is for capture cards, storage etc but can't fit it there cuz of my stupid GPU block) unless i go with a 30mm radiator instead of a 60mm radiator in the bottom..

Speccs:

10900kf 5.0GHz right now because of new board, normally it runs at 5.6GHz
    2x 16GB Trident Z 4000 CL14
    RX 6900XT
    Z490 Maximus XII Extreme (400€ instead of 800€+, sick ass deal!)
    7x Noctua NF F12 Chromax, 3x Noiseblocker eLoop X in the back
    9 Fans intake, 1 Fan exhaust. Trying some stuff right now.
    Last edited by Rngmonster The God; 2021-08-26 at 11:31 AM. Reason: LET ME POST PICTURES FFS

Might go back to a single push set on the radiator.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post

Might go back to a single push set on the radiator.
    I like how clean it looks, but I'd remove that toy and make it less flashy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Compared to all the nice RBG rigs I see in this thread I'm only able to compete with my latest purchase.

Other than that I run the sweet Fractal Design Compact (with dark tainted glass panel) which I wont post cos I, unlike the rest of the users in this thread that got their RBG to work, I did not

I thought buying iCUE Lighting Node CORE would actually make my Corsair fans play ball with my ASUS z390-F mobo along with iCue but.....
    NO!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I thought buying iCUE Lighting Node CORE would actually make my Corsair fans play ball with my ASUS z390-F mobo along with iCue but.....
    NO!
    There's a plugin for icue to make it talk with asus motherboards - so you can control the stuff plugged to the rgb headers and mobo integrated rgb through iCue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Other than that I run the sweet Fractal Design Compact (with dark tainted glass panel) which I wont post cos I, unlike the rest of the users in this thread that got their RBG to work, I did not

NO!
    You want the Aura standalone. Uninstall all Asus BS software (armory crate etc) and iCUE. Restart, install Aura standalone, set it to enable integrations and install iCUE again.

Might work.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    There's a plugin for icue to make it talk with asus motherboards - so you can control the stuff plugged to the rgb headers and mobo integrated rgb through iCue.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    You want the Aura standalone. Uninstall all Asus BS software (armory crate etc) and iCUE. Restart, install Aura standalone, set it to enable integrations and install iCUE again.

Might work.
    Yea used that both before and after I bought the Lightning Node Core (with complete uninstall of entire Asus Crate in between).
    Haven't tried since I upgraded to Win11 but doubt that will help but will give it a try, nothing to lose
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Plenty of guides out there to help you.
    Sure but RGB got its reputation for a reason but as you say, at least since its been a while and plenty of updates, I shall give it another try in the morning