Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Video Games That Badly Need a Remaster.

Personally I don't either love or hate remasters, I tend to like games how they come originally as a link to that nostalgia and a time capsule of the time as far as systems mechanics and graphics go. But I also understand why people want or need them

For arguments sake whether you like or hate remasters, which game do you feel really needs or would you like to see remastered?

For me Its Dragon Age: Origins.

Reason: Outside of being in my top 5 games of all time, I am shocked Mass Effect got a remaster over Dragon Age Origins. Especially seeing as the first Mass Effect seems to have held up far better than Dragon Age Origins in the graphics department. Despite this I love Dragon Age: Origins, I still play it this to this day, and once a year as is my own personal tradition lol. The game itself is 12 years old this year too, which is both sad and depressing to me.

While I hate to be critical of the game, let's be honest the graphics quality especially in the models and the animations are terrible. The character look so wooden now, and they move around like puppets on string, the latter being an issue Bioware hasn't removed itself from 3 game son.

I would really really like a remaster of Dragon Age Origins and hope we get one eventually. They don't have to wait to remaster the whole trilogy like they did with Mass Effect I would personally be happy with just Origins getting a remaster for the moment.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-08-22 at 04:34 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim.

10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Skyrim.

10char
    I should report this for hate speech but it made me laugh.

OT: I'd love a remaster/remake of Advent Rising (and perhaps a continuation or 2).

Fallout 1 and 2 imho.

Despite absolutly loving BioWare games from that era, Baldurs gate and Planescape Torment being two of the best games of all time, I have never gotten around to playing the good fallouts, and I think perhaps a remaster could help me get going.

Baldurs gate and Planescape Torment could do that with remasters too, not that it's really needed but because it could bring new players into trying them, so they could see what actual single player masterpieces looks like.

Enemy Territory Quake Wars.

In 2007 this was easily the most beautiful game available. Especially multiplayer.

It aged decently, but the log-in servers did not, not to mention the game is only available as hard copies which ended up being the neck-shot to the player community.

A quick update and the whole thing is good to go again. Easily the deepest tactical shooter you'll ever play.

Jedi Knight II: Outcast
    Jedi Knight: Academy

10+ Year Old Account
    The Longest Journey.

It has aged quite poorly. Getting it to just work is pain the ass, and even if you get past that hurdle, the graphics are too much of an eye-sore. You know, early 3D graphics?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Knights of the Old Republic
    Assassin's Creed 1
    Witcher 1
    DA: Origins and 2 aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Enemy Territory Quake Wars.
    Ahhh, I member. Had a blast playing that game. It's a bit silly, but gameplay was quite fun.
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Privateer
    Freelancer
    Need for Speed Porsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Assassin's Creed 1
    Witcher 1
    DA: Origins and 2 aswell
    Dragon Age 2? That needs more than just a regular remaster. First an exorcism, and then double the content. Got old, really fast to keep seeing the same places re-used, over and over again. It completely killed my interest in seeing any future Dragon Age games.

Legend of Dragoon
    Brave Fencer Musashi
    Faxanadu but I doubt they'd bother
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Soul reaver and blood omen.

How could I forget about Freelancer... too bad its creator is fleecing people with vaporware now.

Might & Magic game series

I don't want remasters, just remakes like demon souls or ff7

In that sense, many old rpgs infact pretty much all the 'infinity engine' ones, with BG3 coming it'd be relatively easy to just remake the content for those game on that engine platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jak and Daxter and Jak II from PS2.

Metal Gear Solid 3 but I think that already has a remaster...

SOCOM II U.S. Navy SEALs from PS2 as well. That game was dope.

Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction

Marvel vs Capcom 2....fuck I would settle for just a PC release
    Breath of Fire...all of them
    Megaman Legends 1 and 2
    Parasite Eve...pretend third birthday never happened
    FF5 and 6
    Street Fighter EX...all of them
    Megaman Battlenet in one big collection

10+ Year Old Account
    Burnout Takedown and Burnout Revenge.

It still bothers me that Paradise got a rerelease while the actual peak of the series has been left to languish on sixth gen consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Metal Gear Solid 3 but I think that already has a remaster...
    It does but it's on the PS3 and the 3DS...so a PS5 or PC release would be nice