its beautiful
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    And screen space for her is being shared and her character still took a backseat all things considered.

You could say the same for the future of Shang Chi 'not getting too much of a significant role in anything else' in the story too if the movie or character gets taken out of the limelight and quietly written out of future content tie ins, without us ever knowing the original intended plans.
    Ehm, she was in 1 other movie and Endgame was one final chance for most of the OG characters to shine. Story comes before character, characters is only there to serve the story. To put Denvers in as many scenes as possible just "because" wouldn't have done the character or the story any favor. So sit back and lets see what they do with these characters within the next 3-5 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Also Jessica Jones, rumored to return in Armor Wars (War Machine spinoff)
    That "leak" is from "We got this coverd". They are just making up bs stories. Like throwing pasta at the wall and see what sticks. Out of their hundres of "leaks" like 2 have been correct. So yeah, all stories originating from there you can straight up ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I just wonder why you’d think it’s unfinished CGI instead of cel-shaded animation if they have a finished trailer. You think the artist had a 3 month old version on their phone they shared?
    Basically, yep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is every marvel universe movie and show going forward gonna be produced like its some sitcom. I kind of feel everything has gotta have this Disney humour, that you kind of find in Frozen or other Disney movies. Marvel has been so disney'fied (more so over time and since GotG I guess) its got to a point where every movie is gonna be like this tee-hee-haha nudge-nudge comedy... Its was great for a while and now it feels like all the movies are going to go this way...

Maybe I am just done with the MCU now. I haven't been feeling anything Disney Marvel have done since End Game. I think it should have ended there for the MCU. I actually dread the X-Men under Disney. Or any of the more serious franchises that tackle more serious subjects... "Mutant genocide tee hee haha pop culture humour lololol" yea fuck this I am done lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-08-23 at 05:11 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    That "leak" is from "We got this coverd". They are just making up bs stories. Like throwing pasta at the wall and see what sticks. Out of their hundres of "leaks" like 2 have been correct. So yeah, all stories originating from there you can straight up ignore.
    The leak was from ThatHashtagshow who unveiled the rumors at least 2 months before we got this coverd.

As for how reliable rumors are, well they're rumors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Let’s be real, with Shang Chi arriving in a couple weeks I’d be shocked if they don’t have an actually finished trailer ready to go.
    They may be doing multiple trailers, and this may be a second or third trailer that's still being processed for release. That's more and more common these days. Especially if they're reworking some of the CGI from the film to hide spoilers or the like, which we know Marvel does pretty regularly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Is every marvel universe movie and show going forward gonna be produced like its some sitcom. I kind of feel everything has gotta have this Disney humour, that you kind of find in Frozen or other Disney movies. Marvel has been so disney'fied (more so over time and since GotG I guess) its got to a point where every movie is gonna be like this tee-hee-haha nudge-nudge comedy... Its was great for a while and now it feels like all the movies are going to go this way...

Maybe I am just done with the MCU now. I haven't been feeling anything Disney Marvel have done since End Game. I think it should have ended there for the MCU. I actually dread the X-Men under Disney. Or any of the more serious franchises that tackle more serious subjects... "Mutant genocide tee hee haha pop culture humour lololol" yea fuck this I am done lol
    Your "super serious" X-men have also done swimsuit specials. There's that arc where the X-men fight leprechauns in an Irish castle. Or the time they fought Dracula. Also, Jubilee got turned into a vampire in that arc. That has characters like Bailey Hoskins, whose mutant power is that he can blow himself up. Once. Because, y'know, it's fatal. Or El Guapo, the X-man who's psychically linked to his super-skateboard. Which has a mind of its own and has beaten him up more than once.

You vastly overestimate how unrelentingly serious the X-men have ever been as a franchise. There's a whole lot of humor and deliberate silliness in there, let alone the rest of Marvel Comics.

The "Mutant Massacre" is slated to be a musical!

Favreau set the tone for the MCU with Iron Man years before Disney took over. Other than The Incredible Hulk and Thor 2 (the two least popular entries) these movies have always had a strong dose of comedy that helps tie them together with that consistent tone. Don't know why you seem to connect this comedy specifically to Disney when a lot of that influence also came from Whedon who'd been doing these types of thing for decades.

Complaining about the MCU’s tone after 24 films…

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They may be doing multiple trailers, and this may be a second or third trailer that's still being processed for release. That's more and more common these days. Especially if they're reworking some of the CGI from the film to hide spoilers or the like, which we know Marvel does pretty regularly.

- - - Updated - - -

Your "super serious" X-men have also done swimsuit specials. There's that arc where the X-men fight leprechauns in an Irish castle. Or the time they fought Dracula. Also, Jubilee got turned into a vampire in that arc. That has characters like Bailey Hoskins, whose mutant power is that he can blow himself up. Once. Because, y'know, it's fatal. Or El Guapo, the X-man who's psychically linked to his super-skateboard. Which has a mind of its own and has beaten him up more than once.

You vastly overestimate how unrelentingly serious the X-men have ever been as a franchise. There's a whole lot of humor and deliberate silliness in there, let alone the rest of Marvel Comics.
    I never once mentioned that X-Men was super serious? Its a comic, comics are silly fun in general, but the themes and the over arching messaging of X-Men is very real. One I don't trust Disney with. Also most of those moments you mentioend were awful storylines, so unless youa re trying to defend the worst of the comics to justify Marvel-Disney's movies then you do you? lol

And with all the marvel movies going the GotG route (which I loved for that movie), I don't wanna see it for every movie. And yes I didn't like Thor Ragnarok for that reason. Visually the movie was stunning but the dialogue was awful. Especially the scene when Asgard falls and then rather than have time to settle and take in this sad moment they have them crack a joke... ruined the film for me.

I dont mind a laid back comical tone, but when its copy pasted in a same formula throughout all their movies it gets a bit tiring and I am just not interested.

End Game was a good ending for me and I am not interested in moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Favreau set the tone for the MCU with Iron Man years before Disney took over. Other than The Incredible Hulk and Thor 2 (the two least popular entries) these movies have always had a strong dose of comedy that helps tie them together with that consistent tone. Don't know why you seem to connect this comedy specifically to Disney when a lot of that influence also came from Whedon who'd been doing these types of thing for decades.
    A lot of the MCU movies have all aged horribly now even the more recent ones. Starting to think the honey moon period is over and I am starting to see how 'meh; the movies are, they aint bad or anything, maybe its super hero fatigue, who knows.

I am aware I am like probably one of the few who think this seeing as the marvel movies are still making money hand over fist. But that's just how I feel personally.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-08-23 at 07:37 PM.

Yeah Marvel isn't about to shift the tone of the films. Not unless DC can somehow manage a "serious" super hero movie that's more than just ok.

I am aware I am like probably one of the few who think this seeing as the marvel movies are still making money hand over fist. But that's just how I feel personally.
    I certainly get where you’re coming from on this. I feel I can go watch a Marvel movie enjoy myself and generally not feel I’ve wasted my money. Being a decades long comics fan I generally appreciate what they do with characters. I’ve watched the last 2 x-men films for free and was annoyed just at the time wasted. I feel Marvel has got their safe general formula and they do it well, and as of now that is just what you’re going to get from Marvel.

To put another way, they are competent with their film making, and that alone puts them far and away ahead of their immediate competition (dc and former fox X-men) therefore they are going to stagnate a bit.

If I was DC, I’d put more stock in the gallery of rogues that exists, and am hopeful the do Black Adam right after how horribly Cheetah was done.
    Last edited by SavoirFaire; 2021-08-23 at 08:15 PM.

A lot of the MCU movies have all aged horribly now even the more recent ones. Starting to think the honey moon period is over and I am starting to see how 'meh; the movies are, they aint bad or anything, maybe its super hero fatigue, who knows.

I do think super hero fatigue is definitely a thing. You're not the first person I've heard echo that sentiment, "yeah, they're somewhat enjoyable and not technically bad, but just can't get into them anymore". That being said, I don't know how one would say that they've "aged horribly". Most of the movies are less than a decade old. The CGI has certainly held up and none of the comedic references have dated over the last few years since they don't tend to rely on what is in style at the time of filming.

As SavoirFaire noted, they have their formula down. They know exactly how to make a technically good movie in terms of theme, character arcs, and storytelling structure. The CGI is almost always going to be top notch, and they're able to hire and utilize talent both in the acting and the directing departments. Striking that balance between dramatic moments and comedic moments is one of the things that helps them maintain that unified tone across almost two dozen movies now. Not all their movies will be of equal quality, but hitting all those notes pretty much ensures that they will always be at least somewhat entertaining.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2021-08-23 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never once mentioned that X-Men was super serious? Its a comic, comics are silly fun in general, but the themes and the over arching messaging of X-Men is very real. One I don't trust Disney with. Also most of those moments you mentioend were awful storylines, so unless youa re trying to defend the worst of the comics to justify Marvel-Disney's movies then you do you? lol
    No, I'm pointing out you're holding the MCU to a standard the comics were never held to.

Also, shitting on Disney is pretty silly; people act like Disney the corporation only produces family-friendly, focus-grouped-to-death content, and that's wildly not the case.

And with all the marvel movies going the GotG route (which I loved for that movie), I don't wanna see it for every movie. And yes I didn't like Thor Ragnarok for that reason. Visually the movie was stunning but the dialogue was awful. Especially the scene when Asgard falls and then rather than have time to settle and take in this sad moment they have them crack a joke... ruined the film for me.
    I mean, this just flatly isn't the case.

Plus, action/adventure films in general (which the MCU all fall within) are often humorous. Die Hard, Indiana Jones, Total Recall, Mission: Impossible films, etc.

I dont mind a laid back comical tone, but when its copy pasted in a same formula throughout all their movies it gets a bit tiring and I am just not interested.
    I mean, it's not. One of the things the MCU's managed to achieve is different tones for each film, some leaning more serious than others, and where they do crack jokes, they often have a different form in different films. Black Widow is a stand-out example, because it's a legitimately funny movie, but it's practically all sarcastic and dry, in a way that would be out of place in any other MCU film.

You keep trying to draw a connection between Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor: Ragnarok, and frankly, I do not see it. Taika Waititi's sense of humor isn't the same as James Gunn's, and it shows in those films. Are they both funny? Sure. Is it the same humor? Nah. Hell, that's one of the things Ragnarok got praised for on release, and given how fans loathed Thor 1/2's far too somber tone, it was the right choice for that character.

They've never been high art. But they never pretended to be. Blockbusters pretty much never are.

But there's a big difference between you deciding you don't like a thing, and the thing being "meh". And complaints like these always come off as you trying to convince everyone else that your enjoyment is somehow based on the film, rather than your personal preferences; you've talked a lot about the films' "mistakes" or "failures", rather than just saying you don't like it. And then you come in here to tell everyone else you don't like it, why, exactly? It pretty much has to be to try and convince us (in which case, your subjective personal dislike is irrelevant, and we're gonna expect you to have objective justifications), or you're here to piss in everyone's Wheaties for some reason.

I think professional sports are silly, but I don't go into the Sports forums to tell them how silly their game of choice is or something.

Also, "super hero fatigue" isn't a thing. It's something people who don't like super hero films came up with to whine about super hero films being popular. It's as "real" as drama fatigue, or sci-fi fatigue, or whatever other genre you want to come up with. You know you can just, like, not watch a film, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Yeah Marvel isn't about to shift the tone of the films. Not unless DC can somehow manage a "serious" super hero movie that's more than just ok.
    Besides the DC Snyderverse's grimdark failings, there's also Thor 1 and 2, where Marvel tried to be more serious-fantasy oriented, in terms of feel, and audiences really didn't like it; they were considered some of the weakest films. And, as I said above, Thor: Ragnarok was seen as saving the sub-franchise and revitalizing the character in a big way.

It's not like Marvel avoids downers or really serious moments. They just include lighter elements so the whole thing isn't dreary.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I certainly get where you’re coming from on this. I feel I can go watch a Marvel movie enjoy myself and generally not feel I’ve wasted my money. Being a decades long comics fan I generally appreciate what they do with characters. I’ve watched the last 2 x-men films for free and was annoyed just at the time wasted. I feel Marvel has got their safe general formula and they do it well, and as of now that is just what you’re going to get from Marvel.

To put another way, they are competent with their film making, and that alone puts them far and away ahead of their immediate competition (dc and former fox X-men) therefore they are going to stagnate a bit.

If I was DC, I’d put more stock in the gallery of rogues that exists, and am hopeful the do Black Adam right after how horribly Cheetah was done.
    What DC needs to do is put the people in charge of Titans and Doom Patrol in control of the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    What DC needs to do is put the people in charge of Titans and Doom Patrol in control of the movies.
    At this point what they should do is give up on trying to copy the MCU's unified tone and instead embrace having different directors offer their unique vision and directorial style to their movies. Go for more of an anthology type of thing. I know a lot of people liked Snyder's take, but they can't go back and change the fact that those movies exist in the same universe as Shazam and The Suicide Squad which each have very different tones compared to Man of Steel.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've never been high art. But they never pretended to be. Blockbusters pretty much never are.

But there's a big difference between you deciding you don't like a thing, and the thing being "meh". And complaints like these always come off as you trying to convince everyone else that your enjoyment is somehow based on the film, rather than your personal preferences; you've talked a lot about the films' "mistakes" or "failures", rather than just saying you don't like it. And then you come in here to tell everyone else you don't like it, why, exactly? It pretty much has to be to try and convince us (in which case, your subjective personal dislike is irrelevant, and we're gonna expect you to have objective justifications), or you're here to piss in everyone's Wheaties for some reason.
    Most certainly not. I am aware the movies make bank and that people love them so me trying to convince anyone sounds a bit redundant, also I never hated the marvel movies before this I loved them up until after End Game. But this far into he MCU I am beginning to see patterns and flaws of a franchise (at least to me) but this is a forum, this topic isnt just about being positive, I can challenge popular opinion too, and I can share my opinion even if it goes against yours, you are entitled to disagree but dont YOU try and convince me I am wrong if I do not like these movies either. I am not here saying YOU are wrong... I am just saying how I feel I even admitted it may just be super hero fatigue, not see how this is me trying to convince others to my belief when its a change in belief to begin with. You act like I always hated the movies and have come here with an agenda.

Its nice to see other posters here are quoting me from a place of understanding though.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-08-23 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can challenge popular opinion too, and I can share my opinion even if it goes against yours, you are entitled to disagree but dont YOU try and convince me I am wrong if I do not like these movies either.
    Man, this is just a really, really shitty position.

You can try and convince me that I'm wrong to enjoy these films and see a lot of merit in the franchise, but it's wrong for me to try and counter that argument?

If you don't want to hear people disagreeing with you, posting your opinion on the Internet is a bad way to go about doing that.

I am not here saying YOU are wrong...
    In bold here, you make absolutely objective claims, to which if I disagreed, I would be "wrong";

Visually the movie was stunning but the dialogue was awful.

A lot of the MCU movies have all aged horribly now even the more recent ones.
    Those aren't statements about your personal taste, they're statements about objective, determinable fact.

So yeah; you did come in here declaring certain things to be "true" and that those who disagreed, implicitly, would be "wrong".

I don't have any issue with someone saying that a thing isn't to their taste. That's not what you were doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, this is just a really, really shitty position.
    Actually thats just really badly worded on my part it was meant to parody something you said but I cannot be assed to go back to it otherwise we'll have branching discussions and I wanna keep this confined to the topic.

You can try and convince me that I'm wrong to enjoy these films and see a lot of merit in the franchise, but it's wrong for me to try and counter that argument?

If you don't want to hear people disagreeing with you, posting your opinion on the Internet is a bad way to go about doing that.

In bold here, you make absolutely objective claims, to which if I disagreed, I would be "wrong";

Those aren't statements about your personal taste, they're statements about objective, determinable fact.

So yeah; you did come in here declaring certain things to be "true" and that those who disagreed, implicitly, would be "wrong".

Everything I said was my opinion, not a statement to try to convince others, Just highlighting words I write isn't trying to prove otherwise.. You are just seeing what you want to see... and right now you are trying to create arguments from a post I merely made to share my opinion about a franchise I am no longer interested in. I am allowed to do that here last I checked. If I knew you were gonna get so butt hurt I would have kept off this thread.

I don't have any issue with someone saying that a thing isn't to their taste. That's not what you were doing.
    Well there's a huge difference between what I am doing and what YOU assume I am doing because its funny that most on here have opened dialogue and discussed my opinions maturely and with understanding (ones I would have liked to have replied to if you were not making mountains from mole hills) meanwhile you are here trying to play 'got'cha'. I mean if my post came off aggressive to you then thats a translation thing and wasnt intended....

Let me try again and try, and I mean try and run down this in a way that will make it clearer to you

My point is, I am getting tired of the MCU because I feel its getting a bit over formulaic. You don't think so thats fine, thats perfectly understandable.
    I also think its relying to heavily on comedy. And yes I am aware comics are silly, comedy exists in them and comics have done silly things.
    I feel the MCU goes to far into Disney territory, and what I mean by that is its feeling less like Marvel and more like 'Disney' that's something I cannot really explain its more a feeling than anything with actual hard examples..
    Also I have said that the movies feel like they have aged. To me. Make that very clear that's not a statement that's an opinion.
    With this in mind I feel with the X-Men a comic with serious issues will not be handled very well by Disney. Once again you are free to disagree and I could be wrong. But I am not interested either way.
    The result of these feelings I have said could be from super hero burnout. Which many people who have replied said they believe is the case for me

Are we done here?
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-08-23 at 09:37 PM.

You're where I was at after the first Thor movie. Sonce then it's been hit or miss, mostly "miss" since they tend to throw away the very comic books that made the characters popular to begin with. (We won't ever get "Mutant Massacre" because that's far too heavy for Disney to do and still claim family fare. Sabretooth sniffing the air and hightailing it out of there because he catches the scent of an enraged Thor...Thor killing Blockbuster with one hammer blow to the head...
    No...we won't see Disney doing that.)